#1 Defense NE Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: #1 Defense NE Patriots

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to CubanPete's comment:

[QUOTE]

The #1 D allowed Andy Dalton to drive 93 yards for a TD.

That includes allowing a 1stD on a 3rd and 15 from the Bengals 2.

It took Dalton long enough to realize that its better to throw to your secondary and tertiary targets covered by Kyle Arrington, rather than force the ball to AJ Green (covered by Talib). I expect Brees to pick on Arrington this Sunday.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

The #1 D was also on the field for 34 minutes after creating 2 turnovers, numerous sacks, etc, because their QB was being not so #1 for 4 qtrs, unable to cross midfield.

Owned and Bludgeoned, CUban Pete.

You're a moron if you don't think you're not watching, by far and away the best defense in the AFC, if not the league.

2nd in points allowed in the league with a struggling offense of their own. Case closed on that.

I haven't checked yet, but they're probably near or at the top in turnovers created again, too, 4th year in a row for that in the AFC.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they've forced that many turnovers...I think KC leads the league in that. They've just been outright forcing punts and turnovers on downs.

If they can keep the Saints below 28 points, I'd feel pretty confident about them moving forward. That Saints offense has torched even the best defenses in the league the last few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ahhh..the end zone. That one.  So, Pacman Jones wasn't on him like glue, where Brady should have gone elsewhere, where that matchup wasn't a slam dunk that Brady thought it was?

The catch opp itself was not a high degree of difficulty catch WITH Jones making a nice play on it, huh?

Is that your premise?

So, every throw from Brady even WILD throws like one Thompkins dives for almost making an incredible catch is a "drop", huh?

Troll much, Shizzles?

Geno FREAKING SMITH is throwing to "all new people", too and he threw for 3 TDs and wasn't missing wide open WRs and TEs.

CASE CLOSED

Bludgeoned.

PS it's not a fade it's called a back shoulder throw, Shizzles

[/QUOTE]

Just today Rusty, you said Vellano was only innefective due to the D being out there all game...But you forgot that he got pushed back 5 yards on the 14 yard play by Benny which was....THE 1st Play of the GAME!!!

Welp! There goes that Theory.

As far as Brady going to another WR besides Edleman???  Wow...and you claim to know football? You are such a poisonous fraud, cancer to this board with you "I know it all" attitude and I really dont know chit.

Have you ever coached football before Corky? Let me explain. When you are on the "goal line" and your "coordinator" calls a "goal line fade" to Edleman....THAT IS THE PLAY! There is nowhere else to go. When was the last time you saw a fade route called and the Qb looked and saw a covered WR and then went to the other side of the field?! NEVER. It doesnt happen. Most Coordinators dont call those plays for their backup slot WRs who are 5'11. The smart play would have been to have Dobson run that play.
    Thats on Brady too right? What are Joshy and BB getting paid to do? 

There is no time to go eslewhere. You just proved yourself wrong saying Edleman was covered like glue, yet you expected a great day from Brady when his recievers were covered like glue all game? And yes they were tightly covered all day. What do you think Brady just lost his accuracy in one week? Its tough to throw accurately to covered guys, corky

Learn the game!

call up your favorite show and ask them what kind of throw it was. Maybe you can ask the Mighty Gresh....lol

Next week felger is gonna make a point you agree with and be your new favorite guy....lol

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Did you watch the game? Why the fk do you keep saying Roddy White did not play?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, health provided, this defense could finish the season as the top ranked defense in the NFL.

Major factors; Adrian Wilson, Tommy Kelly, Talib, Armond Armstead, Collins and a couple others draftees who will make the squad, as well as the jump made by the second year players.  

We will jump from 15th in sacks, where we've ranked for a while up into the top 3 thanks to additions at DT.  

Linebacker has never been this deep and the defensive backfield has always intercepted the ball regardless how "bad" this defense was perceived to be.

High expectations? Yeah, but history is on our side.

Woz,

this is not the sort of sober realistic assessment I associate coming from you. Yes you expect some good things from this team as do I. But to expect this good D to be a #1 WITHOUT Vinny, and to expect Armsted to make a difference at DT (maybe he will but you cannot expect it.. he has not even played preseason play in the NFL let alone a single regular season game!)...

The fact is there is currently no depth at DT, no real NT, some hope but not assurity regarding outside pass rush besides Jones and some blue collar work by Nink. I do agree Kelly is great to have. But losing Vinny was very evident this past game.

Also, we have no one who can replace Mayo or Talib or McCOurty for that matter. Granted not many teams have real depth in secondary but I am saying that this D, though good and improving still has some weaknesses. The current one which is glaring is the loss of Vinny. THis will hurt us in short yardage and red zone especially in big games, playoff games. THat plus the pass rush still needs to take another step up.

I do agree the D is looking solid overall. But we werre thin at DT and now we are dangerously undermanned. There is NO NT and NO brute at DT. Kelly is good. I expect even better when paired with Vinny. I hope Armstead turns out to be a true find. But you cannot expect it to be true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I agree the first play from scrimmage Vellano was not good. But, on the second play, he was.

Many times in games, the first play in a game is a plus play for an offense. If you're seriously relying on that to explain your premise about Vellano not playing well, you have some serious issues.

Obviously, Kelly is the key.  If Vellano and Jones are together, they won't be as effective.

NO actually, I just wish that you stop lying to deflect from players shortcomings instead of just admitting they arent good. This is what I will say. He is better than Vince in the passing game with his smaller build and quickness. He is a liability vs the run...ON every down. 1st play of the game, last play. it dont matter. I dont have any issues, atleast that are apparent here. You on the other hand.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Pipe down, Bustchise. Figure of speech. Each was hurt. Jones with LisFranc and not usable like he usually is. White with a hammy that sidelined him almost all of the second half.

LOL!

Jets fraud D allows 28 and all they had to be concerned with was Tony G and Gonzalez shredded them!

Welcome to NE, Tony Gonzalez.

Yes, queenie. Jones was so unusable that they targeted him on deep routs several times in the 4th qtr including an unbelievable circus catch.

Remember when you were adamant that Gronk would be back for week 2 and kept repeating it? Now you're going to say Tony Gonzalez is coming to the Patriots over and over? Bwahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Yeah, I haven't looked yet. Mor INTs than fumbles this year. Talib has 4, Spikes 1, MCourty a fumble.

They're probably around 10 so far.

Edit: Yep. It's 10.

4 FFs, 6 INTs

6 Total FFS

Currently, ranked 2nd in the AFC (tied with Indy) behind Buffalo by 3.   Good start in this area.

Sweet! I'm rooting for you to be right here, I just didn't think it was that high.

The past few years, they've gotten about 3 per game. 2 per game is solid, and I guess that number is a bit high due to the Jets game and the Tampa game. I just didn't think they were that high. My blundah, my bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're a moron if you don't think you're not watching, by far and away the best defense in the AFC, if not the league.

Far and away? FAR AND AWAY? YOU"RE THE MORON!!!

Our D is 10th of the 16 AFC teams in yards, and second fiddle to KC in points, (despite the schedule against 9-15 combined record teams).

Lots of folks are encouraged by what looks to be an improved D, and then a MEGATOOL like you spoils the sober optimism by making the claims of a fool.

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village idiot. LMAO@U

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Currently ranked #2 in the NFL in points per game allowed and 3rd in total points allowed.

Believe that if we could get some help from the offense in the way of more consistency, converting first downs, staying on the field with time of possession, that our sacks would be higher, we'd have more INTs and forced fumbles and that we'd likely be ranked #1.

Just saying...

Nailed it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Woz,

this is not the sort of sober realistic assessment I associate coming from you. Yes you expect some good things from this team as do I. But to expect this good D to be a #1 WITHOUT Vinny, and to expect Armsted to make a difference at DT (maybe he will but you cannot expect it.. he has not even played preseason play in the NFL let alone a single regular season game!)...

The fact is there is currently no depth at DT, no real NT, some hope but not assurity regarding outside pass rush besides Jones and some blue collar work by Nink. I do agree Kelly is great to have. But losing Vinny was very evident this past game.

Also, we have no one who can replace Mayo or Talib or McCOurty for that matter. Granted not many teams have real depth in secondary but I am saying that this D, though good and improving still has some weaknesses. The current one which is glaring is the loss of Vinny. THis will hurt us in short yardage and red zone especially in big games, playoff games. THat plus the pass rush still needs to take another step up.

I do agree the D is looking solid overall. But we werre thin at DT and now we are dangerously undermanned. There is NO NT and NO brute at DT. Kelly is good. I expect even better when paired with Vinny. I hope Armstead turns out to be a true find. But you cannot expect it to be true.

Port buddy you realize I started this thread before the season began right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.

[/QUOTE]

I still believe we will, especially with Gronk coming back.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

As was noted last season, and predicted I might add Wink, the D went from terrible to decent with the addition of Talib and the move of McCourty.

At this point, second in scoring and middle of the pack in yards, considering the opposition,  is decent. Of course they have faced a motley crew of QBs other than Ryan, and he hit them for a 91. But still, it's looking like the improvement based on those additions is for real. The weather in Cincinnati was a help. But, there are many tests to come before that book is written.

If second in scoring D is only decent then we will never be good enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

As was noted last season, and predicted I might add Wink, the D went from terrible to decent with the addition of Talib and the move of McCourty.

At this point, second in scoring and middle of the pack in yards, considering the opposition,  is decent. Of course they have faced a motley crew of QBs other than Ryan, and he hit them for a 91. But still, it's looking like the improvement based on those additions is for real. The weather in Cincinnati was a help. But, there are many tests to come before that book is written.

If second in scoring D is only decent then we will never be good enough.

[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the part where we have played against the 32nd, 24th, 21st, 18th and 11th (who scored more than their average against us btw) rated offenses?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Can we see what they do against the Saints before we call them anything?  

BabeP is right; not like they've played juggernaut Os (Falcons were limping and the Bungles are led by Dalton).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Th D is keeping opponents out of the endzone, so far.....Let's see how they do agains one of the best offenses this week when the Saints come to town....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So far, all the signs have been positive for the D, though the injuries to Wilfork and Kelly do put a bit of a damper on what would otherwise be my unrestrained optimism.  It's early, and it will be interesting to see how they perform against a good offense that has been playing well when they meet the Saints this week, but so far this defense looks far better than any we've seen since 2008. Will it end up number one?  Not sure, but this year that's at least an outside possibility.  They haven't been close for quite some time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Any believers after today's game against the Saints?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

They are currently 3rd overall, the media pumps up the 

broncos defense and they are currently ranked 27-29 in total defense.

can the pats reach #1 overall, maybe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pipe down, Bustchise. Figure of speech. Each was hurt. Jones with LisFranc and not usable like he usually is. White with a hammy that sidelined him almost all of the second half.

LOL!

Jets fraud D allows 28 and all they had to be concerned with was Tony G and Gonzalez shredded them!

Welcome to NE, Tony Gonzalez.

[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying "did not play " is a figure of speech"  for someone that was targeted 11 times in a game?  Oh my freakin' Lord.  You are a complete moron, not to mention a lying PO S.

[/QUOTE]

He dominated your crappy D on a Lisfranc.  LOL!

Cannot be made up. Jones trying to play through it as tough as that is, was fantastic, but he has a Lisfranc injury and torched Cromartie all night.

Cromartie is pathetic on his way out of NY, huh? Last week he allowed TWO TDs to TEn and Ryan Fitzpatrick!!

That's a"#1ranked D"????

Your D SUCKS!

YOur jealousy of our D and our position in the league is delicious!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, not a lisfranc.  Learn the game, idiot.  Saying words like "stinger" and "lisfranc" is not hiding your ignorance.

Jones vs Jets 99 yards, Jones vs patsies 108 yards.

TG vs Jets 97 yards, TG vs patsies 149 yards (without PI calls)

Matt Ryan vs Jets 319 yards passing , Vs patsies 421 yards passing

What an idiot you are for claiming this somehow makes the patsies D the best in the NFL.  What an idiot.

Any more guarantees for us all today? How many games will the Jets lose in a row now?  Will they get embarrassed on National TV again?

[/QUOTE]

Wow had less yards and your guys lost.  Gotta hate that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good call Wozzy. Defense keeps absorbing injuries and producing.