#1 Defense NE Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: #1 Defense NE Patriots

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, Magnolia Manor does not have on site therapists, just CNAs and a Director of Nursing.  But, the on-site therapist does stop by 3 times a week.

But, yes his family has taken the necessary precautions to make sure he doesn't harm anyone on the street.

The last bastion of a fool; Can't take me on with football talk dumbkoff, so try the age and religion bashing defense. You're a joke around here.

[/QUOTE]

The board is still chuckling how you have no will power and lied about why you took me off Ignore.

[/QUOTE]

I keep telling you dumbkoff, the "voices" aren't posters on the board, just like your fake accounts aren't.

There isn't a single real person here who can stand you troll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh, I see. You took me off Ignore because Anonymis took Underpants off Ignore.

Do you have any idea how bad your lying sounds?  No one believes you. You're a liar deluxe.

He never had the colts troll on ignore, apparently. I guess he was just preaching what othersshould do.

Go read the thread idiot, and see if there are any replies by me to you before I told him he had convinced me to de-ignore your worthless azz.

[/QUOTE]

Officially unglued, folks.^^

Claims he has me on Ignore and then continues to not ignore me.

[/QUOTE]

No more Harvey Wallbangers for you tonight dumbkoff. You're making even less sense than usual. LMAO@U

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

The last bastion of a fool; Can't take me on with football talk dumbkoff, so try the age and religion bashing defense. You're a joke around here.

I keep telling you dumbkoff, the "voices" aren't posters on the board, just like your fake accounts aren't.

There isn't a single real person here who can stand you troll.

I'm not HW...and you should go drink some warm milk and get ready for bed...you are becoming hysterical....attacking with ad hominum attacks because your football knowledge is lacking..sad

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Right, because when injuries happen and teams don't have the quality depth to to use as replacements it doesn't matter. If you want to have a discussion about the topic fine. If you are just going to be a d*ck then just don't respond. You are suppossedly 60+ years old stop acting like your 12.

If you expect to be treated like a person making mature and sensible points, you should try making a mature and sensible point.

I do find it humerous that somebody responds to sarcasm by calling someone a d*ick and a 12 year old. I would offer that the one escalating simple sarcasm into name calling is the one who needs to grow up. LMAO (after all, I didn't actually use the S-word!)

I don't know how to explain to you that the backups aren't as important as the starters or that no team has good enough backups to generally fill the void left by the loss of a quality starter. If you don't get that, then you never will get anything.

[/QUOTE]

I really don't care what you think of me or how you percieve me or if you ever respond to me. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually Ghost, I wouldn't belittle YOU. As far as I can tell, you're a good guy and a good fan.

I will definitely belittle your characterizing the backup roster spots or late round draft picks as being important in the big picture though. That's just not so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Right, because when injuries happen and teams don't have the quality depth to to use as replacements it doesn't matter. If you want to have a discussion about the topic fine. If you are just going to be a d*ck then just don't respond. You are suppossedly 60+ years old stop acting like your 12.

If you expect to be treated like a person making mature and sensible points, you should try making a mature and sensible point.

I do find it humerous that somebody responds to sarcasm by calling someone a d*ick and a 12 year old. I would offer that the one escalating simple sarcasm into name calling is the one who needs to grow up. LMAO (after all, I didn't actually use the S-word!)

I don't know how to explain to you that the backups aren't as important as the starters or that no team has good enough backups to generally fill the void left by the loss of a quality starter. If you don't get that, then you never will get anything.

[/QUOTE]

I really don't care what you think of me or how you percieve me or if you ever respond to me. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually Ghost, I wouldn't belittle YOU. As far as I can tell, you're a good guy and a good fan.

I will definitely belittle your characterizing the backup roster spots or late round draft picks as being important in the big picture though. That's just not so.

[/QUOTE]

That is fine we can agree to disagree on that point. My point is the NFL season is a battle against attrition where depth matters. I think the disconnect between our viewpoints is that I think guys like Cannon, Fletcher, Edelman, Bolden, Thompkins, Buchanan etc... are important to be able to survive that attrition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He doesn't understand those concepts, GhostofJiri.  He, Felger, Mazz, the anti-BB types here, don't get all that.

Trying to make friends loser? LMAO@U Good luck with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, health provided, this defense could finish the season as the top ranked defense in the NFL.

Major factors; Adrian Wilson, Tommy Kelly, Talib, Armond Armstead, Collins and a couple others draftees who will make the squad, as well as the jump made by the second year players.  

We will jump from 15th in sacks, where we've ranked for a while up into the top 3 thanks to additions at DT.  

Linebacker has never been this deep and the defensive backfield has always intercepted the ball regardless how "bad" this defense was perceived to be.

High expectations? Yeah, but history is on our side.

Unless Seattle loses several starters on their D your prediction doesn't stand a chance in hell.

It does look like a much better D but even on that I'd wait and see what happens when they are playing a decent offense better than the 3 they've played so far.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Unless Seattle loses several starters on their D your prediction doesn't stand a chance in hell.

It does look like a much better D but even on that I'd wait and see what happens when they are playing a decent offense better than the 3 they've played so far.

If they end up ranked #2 then our #1 ranked offense by season's end will offset the difference, Pats over Seahawks in the Superbowl.  I can live with being wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Currently ranked #2 in the NFL in points per game allowed and 3rd in total points allowed.

Believe that if we could get some help from the offense in the way of more consistency, converting first downs, staying on the field with time of possession, that our sacks would be higher, we'd have more INTs and forced fumbles and that we'd likely be ranked #1.

Just saying...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Currently ranked #2 in the NFL in points per game allowed and 3rd in total points allowed.

Believe that if we could get some help from the offense in the way of more consistency, converting first downs, staying on the field with time of possession, that our sacks would be higher, we'd have more INTs and forced fumbles and that we'd likely be ranked #1.

Just saying...

so far so good. havent played but one good offense, but numbers are numbers. They have exceeded my expectations so far. I wouldnt get too excited as the Browns are also a top D. Means nothing if your GM gutted your whole offense...  Lets see where we rank after week 12. Right now it looks like that game would set us back to # 10....lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

so far so good. havent played but one good offense, but numbers are numbers. They have exceeded my expectations so far. I wouldnt get too excited as the Browns are also a top D. Means nothing if your GM gutted your whole offense...  Lets see where we rank after week 12. Right now it looks like that game would set us back to # 10....lol

So Atlanta was good prior to us playing them but aren't after we beat them... ok?

This is the NFL, there are no easy games.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So Atlanta was good prior to us playing them but aren't after we beat them... ok?

This is the NFL, there are no easy games.  

Listen man, Theres a lot of posters here. Go back and read what I said about Atlanta. I said Cincy would be the real test. Atlanta was one dimensional and we still couldnt stop one guy in Tony G. I gave them credit, but Atlanta S*x if you havent noticed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I will wait to see their performance against NOS before getting overly up or down about the Pats D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Just saying...

"gutted our WHOLE offense"

This is the second line from you in 48 hours which is incorrect. You also said "Edelman dropped a 'fade' route in the end zone" yesterday.

The board has to watch Shizzles for his lies.

Do you care to refure my facts or are you just gonna try and discredit me without proof in hopes people will think YOU are right? Maybe 2 years ago. Now everyone know you are crazy.

Yes Edleman dropped a pass in the endzone. When you get 2 hands on it and try to trap it to your hip and it falls to the ground, yes that is a drop. If you choose to say it was a pass defensed by pac man, so be it. I dont see how it matters either way. Whats your point again?

Welker, Lloyd, Woodhead, Gronk, Hernandez. branch not playing.He is throwing to ALL NEW PEOPLE.  Thats practically the whole offense outside of Edleman who wasnt counted on last year expect for week 1 when they thought he could replace wes. He has done a fine job but he is no wes welker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

How can this be?  Mike Greenberg is telling the world this morning that the Jets have the best D. 

Fat Virgin yesterday told us that it "#1 Ranked". LOL

28 points, can't create turnnovers, horrendous LB and Safety group and 2 TDs allowed t Rogers.

bawhhaa

"#1 ranked Jets"

awabaahah

Looks like Queenie missed the forced fumbles and dropped interception that the Jets "forced".  What a loser.  Seems like he missed the goal line stands, too.  Imagine if the patsies were called for the PI on Gonzalez last week  that the Jets got called for near the end of the game last night.  That loser would be crying for weeks about the refs.

One game of a QB dropping a ball is not anywhere near the same as your team being known for causing turnovers.

Atlanta's O Line without Sam Baker is in serious trouble.  Glad you're impressed, though.

The board isn't surprised. If our D let up 28 points, you'd be all over the place here telling us how bad it is.

Hypocrite.

A win is a win for the Pats but every other team needs style points or their wins don't matter. You're such a loser. By the way, that penalty that allowed Atlanta to score their last TD was a farce and you know it. You'll never admit it but you do know it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The #1 D allowed Andy Dalton to drive 93 yards for a TD.

That includes allowing a 1stD on a 3rd and 15 from the Bengals 2.

It took Dalton long enough to realize that its better to throw to your secondary and tertiary targets covered by Kyle Arrington, rather than force the ball to AJ Green (covered by Talib). I expect Brees to pick on Arrington this Sunday.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As was noted last season, and predicted I might add Wink, the D went from terrible to decent with the addition of Talib and the move of McCourty.

At this point, second in scoring and middle of the pack in yards, considering the opposition,  is decent. Of course they have faced a motley crew of QBs other than Ryan, and he hit them for a 91. But still, it's looking like the improvement based on those additions is for real. The weather in Cincinnati was a help. But, there are many tests to come before that book is written.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

harv , whats up?? go easy , if you've been watching sports for 30 years you know prosperity doesn't last for ever , you need to humble yourself a little!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Good lord this place is troll central.

Geno Smith is certainly an upgrade over Sanchez. Beyond a shadow of doubt. 

Look at each team's records in the second halves of the last 3 seasons, though.

Jets 11-13

Patriots 27-1

First half of the season:

Jets 14-11

Patriots 16-8

Pretty clear which team gets better as the year goes along, particularly on offense, where the Patriots have started out fairly slow 2 of those years (came out swinging in 2011, and kept it going after that), and finished as the best offense in the league those years.

With the young receiving corps, any sensible fan would have known that these growing pains were coming. The writing was on the wall. However, I'm confident that by week 9 or 10, this will be a well oiled machine, particularly with Gronk getting some game action.

The Jets? Who knows. Geno has been very Jekyll and Hyde-ish. O TD's and 3 INT's one week, 3 TD's and 0 INT's the next. Those are the growing pains you have to expect out of a rookie.

I've been one to defend Brady over the years whenever the offense flounders, but I'm not defending him right now. He's missing wide open receivers. Are they where he expects them to be? Maybe not, but they're open, and he needs to hit them. Dobson and Thompkins have the ability to get open, more than any other young receivers in New England that I've seen since Deion Branch. Edelman is working the slot really well, and once Amendola comes back and Gronk gets in his groove, and the RB's get healthy, this offense will be a great ball control offense who will be able to put up some points.