#1 threat to a 4th Trophy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: #1 threat to a 4th Trophy

Manning and the zebra's are a bad, bad combination. The Ravens are tough but they should not be able to score with us. Manning can go toe to toe with Brady which is somewhat worrisome. We need to be able to convincingly put the Colts away in the 34-14 fashion which we almost never seem to be able to do. Best case is the Jets knock off the Colts which is quite unlikely in my opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Here's my list of opponents I think serve as the biggest threat to the Patriots Super Bowl chances:

1) Green Bay... Almost beat NE with backup, incredible secondary, best defense.
    2) Pittsburgh... Polamalu can win games, Big Ben + broken plays= trouble.
    3) Atlanta... Most complete team, Ryan makes few mistakes, excellent pass rush
    4) New Orleans... Defending Champs,  Brees is tough,  lots of weapons.
    5) Indianapolis.. Defense getting stronger, Manning factor, can put up 40+.
    6) Philadelphia... Vick is unpredictable,  dangerous recievers,  A+ return teams. 
    7) Kansas City... Can run on anyone, Crennel & Weiss, speedy defense.
    8) Chicago... No snow at the Super Bowl, Julius Peppers is a monster.
    9) Baltimore... Excellence on road, played New England tough 3 times in a row.
    10) New York Jets... team has talented defense, will seek revenge.
    11) Seattle... just happy to be invited.

Suffice to say, I don't think Baltimore is the biggest threat. Their offense doesn't worry me, which is the real difference maker to me in a Patriots/Ravens playoff next weekend, and the defense can't win their team games the way they did in 2000.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Folks if 2007 vs the Giants or last year against the Ravens, didn't teach us anything, any game is a threat.  We're a couple of turnovers an a lucky play from going home.  I think BB and the staff do a good job of drumming that in in. Understatement right?  Nobody's coasting here, the SB nowadays brings out the best in two teams in a leaguewhere parity reigns.  All the teams are good.  Yeah, 25 years the days of the 55-10 SB's they're over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Our biggest threat is any given sunday.  Football is built that way.  There is no series, just who played better football that day.  BS trick plays, onside kick surprises..... blah blah blah,  sometimes the better team just loses.  As Schwank said and one thing we will always remember    07'     Don't take anything for granted. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

We've beat all the competition this year. the only team that could probably be a threat with some luck is the Steelers. The Ravens offense stinks, and their defense is like ours was the past few years(not this year though) -getting old and can't hold a lead   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

#4, #5, #7 all kicked off my list so far. Some of the biggest threats, in my opinion, to the Patriots chances at a Super Bowl title are eliminated. Thank God!

Updated list from the original without the original #4, #5, #7:

1) Green Bay... Almost beat NE with backup, incredible secondary, best defense.
    2) Pittsburgh... Polamalu can win games, Big Ben + broken plays= trouble.
    4) Philadelphia... Vick is unpredictable,  dangerous recievers,  A+ return teams. 
    5) Chicago... No snow at the Super Bowl, Julius Peppers is a monster.
    6) Baltimore... Excellence on road, played New England tough 3 times in a row.
    7) New York Jets... team has talented defense, will seek revenge.
    8) Seattle... just happy to be invited.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Since the Colts and Saints are gone and after watching the Ravens today I will say the Ravens biggest challenge and the the Packers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: #1 threat to a 4th Trophy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: #1 threat to a 4th Trophy : exactly.. wasn't TBs response to Plaxicio  " he only thinks we will score 14?"
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

I am soooo glad you found that quote.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

The biggest threat in the AFC are the Ravens but hopefully the Steelers will take care of them and the biggest threat in the NFC are the Packers and hopefully the Falcons will take care of them. The key is that the only teams that can beat the Pats are ones that use a 3-4 and thus the Packers are the only one in the NFC who can scare them and they did in week 15. But the problem is that the Jets, Ravens & Steelers all use a 3-4 and thus in order for them to get to Dallas they must beat 2 more 3-4 teams and that is gonna be very difficult.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Here's my list of opponents I think serve as the biggest threat to the Patriots Super Bowl chances: teams in red have been eliminated!

1) Green Bay... Almost beat NE with backup, incredible secondary, best defense. I really don't want to see them again, hopefully the falcons will finish them. however i do trust BB would review the game film and find weaknesses for both teams to exploit/fix.
    2) Baltimore... tough team and matches up well against us they will probably be in a weakened state after battling pitt assuming they are able to beat pitt. but i think pitt will beat them for us.
    4) Pittsburgh... Polamalu can win games, Big Ben + broken plays= trouble. we seem to have their number and they would play us at home!
    5) New Orleans... Defending Champs,  Brees is tough,  lots of weapons.
    6) Indianapolis.. Defense getting stronger, Manning factor, can put up 40+.
    7) New York Jets... team has talented defense, will seek revenge. with sanchise at the helm they don't stand a chance to keep up in scoring with us.
    8) Philadelphia... Vick is unpredictable,  dangerous recievers,  A+ return teams. 
    9) Kansas City... Can run on anyone, Crennel & Weiss, speedy defense.

10) Chicago... No snow at the Super Bowl, Julius Peppers is a monster. once we get up the bears don't stand a chance of catching up with culter at the helm.  plus their special teams needs alot of work.
    11) Seattle... just happy to be invited.