10 Game Season To Make Playoffs - Jets Game A Must Win - Are They Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

10 Game Season To Make Playoffs - Jets Game A Must Win - Are They Game?

Can one believe that we are 6 games into the season and we are now talking about whether or not the Patriots can make the playoffs?

I'm still optimistic that they will indeed make the playoffs, but, I have no idea how it will be accomplished. If they continue their inconsistent play - they will likely have to win the division.  If they improve their play - then maybe they'll be able to get a 2 seed and bye.

That being said, with a 3-3 record, it's obvious that the Patriots must win all their division games. Splitting games with our division rivals will hurt their chances to take their division.

The JETS game this weekend is a MUST win.  The Patriots are in a good position coming off an embarrasing loss and playing at home.  IMO, the coaches are going to have to step up their game.  I'm wondering if this will be a defining game for the team for the rest of the season.

Are they game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Re: 10 Game Season To Make Playoffs - Jets Game A Must Win - Are They Game?

the same scenario will play out this week as did last week, the Pats will stuff the Jets run but are they able to stop the pass, the Pats will need 28+ points to win 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I agree we need to beat the Jets this week and not by a field goal. It is another statement game that needs to be made. But who will make it Jets or Pats? I say the Pats but the most disappointing thing from last week was giving up the big plays. I have heard and read and heard and read how we give up a lot of yards because we play bend don't break defense all to make sure we don't give up the big play. We gave up the big play... that is the most discouraging part of the lost, for me. We need some aggressive Dbacks that make the opponent nervous..... ours just make our opponents salivate.

We don't have any gimme games left on the schedule... we need to take it one week at a time and play every game to our teams ability. If they are good enough they will win.

But I really want to beat the JETS.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the same scenario will play out this week as did last week, the Pats will stuff the Jets run but are they able to stop the pass, the Pats will need 28+ points to win 

[/QUOTE]

I hope not harley.  I like watching close games, but not so much when we're on the losing end :)

I think the Jets will be up to their bag of trick plays, wildcat plays, Tebow option plays.  If the Patriots do successfully shut down their run - let's hope that our DC can get just enough pressure on Sanchez, contain Tebow, and cover their receivers.  I'd like to see a blowout at home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

a blowout would be nice but I want to see total annihilation 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a blowout would be nice but I want to see total annihilation 

[/QUOTE]

Please don't make any pre-game pronouncements tho - because it seems like whenever fans do that...we lose...lol :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The Jets have a terrible run defense.  The Patriots should be able to put up 250 yards on them.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Remember when we knew they would come back after a loss and destroy whoever they were playing?

They will beat the Jets if they make fewer mistakes than the Jets...the old mantra from years and years. It is so true.

Miami is good, Buffalo has the players to turn it around, the Jets are resilient, all three are 3-3 like the Pats.

I would say it is close to a must win because I doubt a wild card is coming from the AFC east and as of now everyone is tied. A loss means they need to make up one game for the loss and win the second jets game. If they lose the Jets could go 6-3 from here on out...the PAts would need to go 8-1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The article says: In 3 games won there was more run than pass. In the 3 losses more pass than Run.

Standard response: More run is an result of being ahead not a cause.

One more score the PAts would have pounded the ball and run out the clock...so the stats would show more run that pass and another win.

Personally I think they would have benefitted from more run in the red zone and closed out some of the missed opportunities (how could it have hurt?) Near the end of the game they would be facing a defense not keying just on pass and could have moved it better.

..and against the Jets..whatever the formation is..run the play that exploits the weakness on the field at the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The article says: In 3 games won there was more run than pass. In the 3 losses more pass than Run.

Standard response: More run is an result of being ahead not a cause.

One more score the PAts would have pounded the ball and run out the clock...so the stats would show more run that pass and another win.

Personally I think they would have benefitted from more run in the red zone and closed out some of the missed opportunities (how could it have hurt?) Near the end of the game they would be facing a defense not keying just on pass and could have moved it better.

..and against the Jets..whatever the formation is..run the play that exploits the weakness on the field at the time.

[/QUOTE]

u mean, like when the Patriots were 3rd and 1 from the Seattle 10 at the beginning of the 4th quarter before the INT?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Key for the game is our pass defense... if we can force Sanchez to make a few mistakes then they have to go to the run and keep away from passing... if they go to the run we are much better at stopping the run and this will be a win for us. Therefore, it is simple... can our D strength stop their strength (run game) and can our D weakness stop their offensive weakness (passing) if so then they will have a hard time scoring...

On O, if we don't make mistakes then they will be wore out by 3rd quarter and we will walk away with the win... they have given up 903 rushing yards and league average thru 6 is 600 so they are not strong there. They are hurt in the defensive backfield so we should be able to pressure them on passes and run through them. This will mean scores and points as long as we are patient and don't make mistakes....

We should win this game but the emotions of the rivalry always play a part and if they survive through half time then the game will be close throughout.

I think last weeks lose will only help motivate the O and Brady to come out screaming and our D will have a point to prove. Pats are young and going through growing pain, Jets are old and losing confidence... we need to knock the confidence out of them some more....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a HUGE Game for the Pats. 2 things, can we bounce back Mentally, very important. Hope Pats Fans learned something about Seattle's Fans, and make some noise.

Because of early dissapointing losses, Turning Point for Season. I see the Jets Bringing everybody at Brady, and Press Coverage against recievers. This formula gives the Pats fits. Close Game.

21-20 Pats.

[/QUOTE]

I think 4 of their next 6 games are division games, so, it will be interesting. They are still in control of their destiny, but everyone; including the coaches - need to find some fire in their bellies again. Is this the continuance of their dominance and reputation for finishing - or is it the beginning of the return to mediocrity where teams no longer fear the Patriots.

If they lose to the Jets - they will surely lose more of any confidence they have left.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is a HUGE Game for the Pats. 2 things, can we bounce back Mentally, very important. Hope Pats Fans learned something about Seattle's Fans, and make some noise.

Because of early dissapointing losses, Turning Point for Season. I see the Jets Bringing everybody at Brady, and Press Coverage against recievers. This formula gives the Pats fits. Close Game.

21-20 Pats.

[/QUOTE]

With the all world TE's and the 200+ ypg running (if they decide to use it) there is NO reason why it should give them fits anymore.

It has been the highest priority fix for the offense over 4 years now. Drafting o-line..TE's and RB's should have fixed this..the only missing ingredient is playcalling and execution.

NE should be one of the top teams against pressure now...no excuses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

With the all world TE's and the 200+ ypg running (if they decide to use it) there is NO reason why it should give them fits anymore.

It has been the highest priority fix for the offense over 4 years now. Drafting o-line..TE's and RB's should have fixed this..the only missing ingredient is playcalling and execution.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, but what about their D...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I must say that despite how negative I may sound sometimes, I expect the Pats to easily handle the Jets this weekend. In fact, I would not be surprised if the run off 6 in a row given the upcoming schedule, but I still have a lot of doubt about what will happen against a good team, in close game, when it really matters...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, but what about their D...?

[/QUOTE]

Front 7 priority last draft.

Next year the year of the secondary maybe?