10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: 10 years of playoff losses - have Pats become Colts??

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey William- I do enjoy my time in here very much but it seems that you don't enjoy my time in here.

Too bad so sad.You say I desire a Championship. Win lose or draw the outcome of any sports game doesn't affect me in any way. I really don't care that much...unless of course I have a wager on the game then I'm very attentive.

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Disingenuous if that were the case you wouldn't be spewing your incoherence here.

[/QUOTE]

Leon's jealousy is so obvious, isn't it?  It clouds his posts from rationale thoughts and deflects a lot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey William- I do enjoy my time in here very much but it seems that you don't enjoy my time in here.

Too bad so sad.You say I desire a Championship. Win lose or draw the outcome of any sports game doesn't affect me in any way. I really don't care that much...unless of course I have a wager on the game then I'm very attentive.

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Disingenuous if that were the case you wouldn't be spewing your incoherence here.

[/QUOTE]

Leon's jealousy is so obvious, isn't it?  It clouds his posts from rationale thoughts and deflects a lot.

[/QUOTE]

For Jet fans he and Meadow spend an awful lot of time discussing Patriot football. My guess is the gang green board exiled them. Every year it's the same thing the jets have a mediocre year and they try and poke holes in the success of the pats especially BB & TB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yeah this thread has never been made before.  LMAO.  Seriously though while the Pats haven't hoisted the Lombardi as recently as we as fans would like comparing us to the Gomer led Colts who went 1 and done 7 times is a bit much.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fact, BB put together a very talented team both sides of the ball this year, Fact Injuries decimated the defense and injuries and murder decimated our formulated attack plans.

All teams have injuries, part of fielding a team is depth.  Yes, had more then their share this year, no doubt.  Lacking in the receiving department this year.  Brady has carried this offense again.  No other QB in the history of the game would be 10-3 right now with this team.. Fact!

Fact, 2007 best offense ever put in place, Defense though old was still a top 10 D, please donot blame BB for all the teams failures.

Bingo!  Great offense, defense allowed a Giants game winning drive of 83 yards in the final minutes to lose the game. Need both sides of the ball.  Fact!

With the Cap the way it is, us going to the AFC championship almost every other year, is something Gomer never was able to even entertain with his Mighty Teams, they were more often then not 1 and Done.

Thank you TFB!  Again, no other QB in the history of the NFL could do what TFB has done with these teams!  Fact!  You talk great Dynasty teams you talk Cowboys, 49'ers, Steelers.. all had great teams both sides of the ball!  Fact!

Fact, last 3 years Brady has failed during the playoffs.

last 3 years?  Didn't the Pats go to the SB in 2011?  Fact!  Once again, no other QB in the history of the NFL would have done as much with this team as TFB!  Fact!

Final thoughts, its a team effort from the water boy to the Glamour Boy. We as Fans should get up every day and thank our lucky stars we have a competative team year in and year out, with a drop here or a drop there determining whether we are going to another super or winning another one.

That's right it's a team effort, is it fair to put all the failures on TFB like Rusty does when there isn't enough talent on both sides of the ball?

[/QUOTE]

Rusty schooled AGAIN!

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the grossest misconception ever spewed on this board. We scored 35 points a game in the regular season both years we lost the superbowl but scored 14 points and 17 points in those super bowls. We had players like Randy Moss, Wes Welker, dante stalworth, Gronkowski,  Hernandez, but weren't talented enough to score more when it counted most? Somebody failed, but it wasn't the guy building those 17-0 and 12-4 rosters. Pfffffffft

To your second point I would say the Ravens had talent on both sides of the ball(but not much on offense as we see this year) but the Giants, Packers, Saints, Steelers, and Colts all had a deficiency on 1 side of the ball imo.

Oh and I guess all the teams that lost superbowls had GM's who failed them because they didn't have enough talent to actually win the game.,., just enough to get there, but not win?? sounds like a load.

[/QUOTE]

Actually it's fairly close. You forgot to take into account the amount of possessions when they were scoring 35 vs the amount when they scored in the SB. True they weren't going to score 35 if they had a normal amount of possessions comparatively but they would have been in the mid to upper 20's. One of the reasons they lack possessions is the Giants completely controlled ToP with long drawn out drives that kept the D on the field and kept Brady off of it. It was a brilliant game plan and it worked.

[/QUOTE]

So they were talented enough to not let this happen in 17 games in 2001, but they didn't have enough talent to prevent this from happening the final game. See how ridiculous that sounds? 

And regardless the amount of possessions, it wasn't the defense's fault that the offense couldn't move the ball well enough, get 1st downs, and use the clock to their own advantage in order to maintain a better TOP. This would have been a great game plan as you say it was for the giants.

So it was either the players failure to execute or the coaches failure to have a good game plan, but the GM who built those dominant record setting 2007, and 2011 SB Patriot teams is the last guy who should be blamed.

How could the roster be blamed for a last minute SB loss, after going 18-0 and 14-4 breaking nfl records along the way? It cannot be is the answer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady was the better QB in the 2007 SB - But that is also the game that started the current Brady streak of 1 good game followed by a bad playoff game. In the head to head playoff games against Flacco, Brady has never been the better QB...

[/QUOTE]

He;s been brutal in the title games and been mediocre at best in these SBs. You know when you serve up SBs winning chances on a platter to the other QB in an offensive era to Goodell, it's not good.

NY fans think Eli Manning is a HOFer and it;s because Brady sucked in two SBs.

[/QUOTE]

having to go 83 yds for a TD not a FG with under 3 minutes and having to go 88 yds in under 4 minutes is "serving up the winning chances in a silver platter"? Do you ever think before you type? What a fool...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady has turned into Gomer lately in AFC title games, which the stats show

[/QUOTE]

No freaking QB in the history of the game could/can do what TFB has done/is doing over the years with the teams BB has put on the field.... and that is a big freaking fact, Jack! BB has failed by not providing enough talent on both sides of the ball at the same time and that's the biggest failure and knock on BB.  Fact!

Look at the greatest teams over the years and they had talent on both sides of the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

You're out of your mind.   He loaded up in 2007 and Brady choked. In 2011, Brady was brutal in the 4th qtr which choked the game away.

I just watched the Chargers beat Gomer tonight the way I wish Brady had understood in those games.

Ugh.  When you toss picks or suck in general, it hurts the team. 

[/QUOTE]

if only Tom Brady had a Head Coach who would stand up to him instead of letting him run the team!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The team with the largest point differential in NFL history lost SB 42 because of lack of talent? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is the grossest misconception ever spewed on this board. We scored 35 points a game in the regular season both years we lost the superbowl but scored 14 points and 17 points in those super bowls. We had players like Randy Moss, Wes Welker, dante stalworth, Gronkowski,  Hernandez, but weren't talented enough to score more when it counted most? Somebody failed, but it wasn't the guy building those 17-0 and 12-4 rosters. Pfffffffft

To your second point I would say the Ravens had talent on both sides of the ball(but not much on offense as we see this year) but the Giants, Packers, Saints, Steelers, and Colts all had a deficiency on 1 side of the ball imo.

Oh and I guess all the teams that lost superbowls had GM's who failed them because they didn't have enough talent to actually win the game.,., just enough to get there, but not win?? sounds like a load.

[/QUOTE]

Actually it's fairly close. You forgot to take into account the amount of possessions when they were scoring 35 vs the amount when they scored in the SB. True they weren't going to score 35 if they had a normal amount of possessions comparatively but they would have been in the mid to upper 20's. One of the reasons they lack possessions is the Giants completely controlled ToP with long drawn out drives that kept the D on the field and kept Brady off of it. It was a brilliant game plan and it worked.

[/QUOTE]

So they were talented enough to not let this happen in 17 games in 2001, but they didn't have enough talent to prevent this from happening the final game. See how ridiculous that sounds? 

And regardless the amount of possessions, it wasn't the defense's fault that the offense couldn't move the ball well enough, get 1st downs, and use the clock to their own advantage in order to maintain a better TOP. This would have been a great game plan as you say it was for the giants.

So it was either the players failure to execute or the coaches failure to have a good game plan, but the GM who built those dominant record setting 2007, and 2011 SB Patriot teams is the last guy who should be blamed.

How could the roster be blamed for a last minute SB loss, after going 18-0 and 14-4 breaking nfl records along the way? It cannot be is the answer.

[/QUOTE]

you have it backwards: it's the Head Coach QB (in particular) who mask and make up for the mistakes and misteps of the GM...most notably the GM's inabilty to draft or otherwise acquire pass rushers and def backs over the years...remember a certain guy named Parcells had his fingerprints and key players all over the championship teams

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

add in the GM's spotty history of drafting WR and it further enhances Brady's importance

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

remember a certain guy named Parcells had his fingerprints and key players all over the championship teams

Go look at the 2004 roster and get back to me.  The vast majority of that team was brought in by BB.  If you want to give Parcells credit for that team your standard is ridiculously low.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The team with the largest point differential in NFL history lost SB 42 because of lack of talent? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

[/QUOTE]

It really is hilarious!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

But I wanted to win every Super Bowl!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It really is hilarious!

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not as hilarious as you think.

Against non-contending, inconsequential teams, they had a  17-46 point differential.

Against PO teams such as the Colts, Ravens and Giants, the point differential was a field goal and some good fortune.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Against non-contending, inconsequential teams, they had a  17-46 point differential.

Against PO teams such as the Colts, Ravens and Giants, the point differential was a field goal and some good fortune.

Playoff teams the 2007 Patriots played in the regular season: Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Cowboys

Margin of Victory in those games: 234-116

As was said before.  Hilarious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It really is hilarious!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it still is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great debate on the QB vs. Defense and blame for losses.  So here's the question:

How do you define what a good defensive performance is? 

How do you define what a good offensive performance is? 

Before the question of who is responsible can be figured out, some definitions need to be set.  Is it points?  Is it turnovers?  Is it only about making the plays on the final drives if the team is in the game?

We need some definition before we can move forward. 

[/QUOTE]

YOU are no part of WE troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No. The Colts had better defenses overall and consistently better receivers than the Pats have had for a number of years now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Playoff teams the 2007 Patriots played in the regular season: Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Cowboys

Margin of Victory in those games: 234-116

As was said before.  Hilarious.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't talking about play-off wins.  Was talking about regular season wins where their point differential was high, as you stated.

What part of they beat the contenders such as the Gints, Ravens and Colts, by a FG ,and the 45 point wins( which raised the point differential) were against crap, don't you understand?

The point differential in the PO's were 11, 9 and -3. , which is less than a 6 point average.

Not quite the same as in the RS against crappy teams, now was it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Actually for as much as we slam Rusty for his anti Brady nonsense, Pezz needs to be considered equally as insane for his anti BB diatrebes. I mean Rusty at least posts on all topics Patriots related, but this guy.....this frikkin guy has a high hard one for Belichick and that seems to be all he cares about!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Two points.

1. When the Pats QB went down in the first quarter of week 1, did they roll over like dead fish and quit on their season? No, like a real champion, they played their hearts out and became the only 11-5 team to ever miss the playoffs. The Colts quit in the preseason when Manning was injured and tanked the entire year.

2. When faced with a chance to go undefeated and write history, did the Patriots take their starters out in the last game to 'rest up and not get injured' for the playoffs? No, they went for it, like real champions would, and became the only 16-0 regular season team in league history.  

As long as there is BB leading the team, don't even try to make the comparison. 

25. This post has been removed.