16 cuts to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

16 cuts to go

any idea who the next 16 players will be getting cut?or traded?actually we could see more then 16,if there is a player,or two the pats may want,and sign in the free agency.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/09/bill_belichick_25.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: 16 cuts to go

In Response to 16 cuts to go:
    [QUOTE]any idea who the next 16 players will be getting cut?or traded?actually we could see more then 16,if there is a player,or two the pats may want,and sign in the free agency. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/09/bill_belichick_25.html
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] the trade will be alex smith for feely.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5463

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

I think we will see some surprising cut´s and trades the next 24 hours. Ninkovic and Nunn are two names on my list, who can make the team. Rotoworld reports, that the Eagles are shopping Feeley and Reggie Brown as a package for a TE. So maybe even Galloway and Lewis are on the bubble. The Bears lost Kevin Jones, so maybe they are interested in trading for someone like Morris. Who knows? I think an add. LB and CB would do no harm to this team. LB Corps is thin in depht and with Springs injured throughout the whole training camp a veteran CB could be a good pickup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: 16 cuts to go:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 16 cuts to go : the trade will be alex smith for feely. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5463
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

No way they make a move for Feely. Hoyer played well agianst one of the best defenses in the league last night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

The Pats need to beef up their secondary. Wheatley is probably gone and they will bring in 1 maybe 2 corners.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I read the Pats had five other cuts after Walters. WHo were they ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]I read the Pats had five other cuts after Walters. WHo were they ?
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    Vinny Ciurciu(LB),Billy Yates (G),Steve Williams (DT),Roderick Rogers(S) and Robert Ortiz (WR)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 16 cuts to go : No way they make a move for Feely. Hoyer played well agianst one of the best defenses in the league last night. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

In the first quarter when the best defense in the league was on the field I did not think the Pats offense looked good - have to disagree with you on that on. Hoyer looked good against the Giants' scrubs but the Giants' second team is not the best in my opinion. I still like Hoyer and am sure he will stick but BB will bring in a veteran - we will not start with 2 QBs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 16 cuts to go : No way they make a move for Feely. Hoyer played well agianst one of the best defenses in the league last night. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

He played well against the second and third stringers last night.  He didn't get a first down in the 1st quarter against one of the best defenses in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 16 cuts to go : In the first quarter when the best defense in the league was on the field I did not think the Pats offense looked good - have to disagree with you on that on. Hoyer looked good against the Giants' scrubs but the Giants' second team is not the best in my opinion. I still like Hoyer and am sure he will stick but BB will bring in a veteran - we will not start with 2 QBs.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, we will bring in another QB... too risky to go with just two.  On your first point, gotta point out that He did not look good against the Gints 1st team cuz he (Hoyer) played with the 2nd, 3rd and last team.  Half of them are gone already!  If he had played with the starters, (like Eli and Carr did), he might have faired alot better.  Don't you think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

If Hoyer was behind our starting O-line throwing to Welker,Moss,Galloway and Baker with Faulk in on 3rd down,I would think that the results would be better than what he showed in the first quarter last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 16 cuts to go : He played well against the second and third stringers last night.  He didn't get a first down in the 1st quarter against one of the best defenses in the league.
    Posted by nastee[/QUOTE]You are correct he didn't move the 2nd and 3rd team offense against the first team defense of the Giants however he did move the same group of players quite well against the Giants second and third team defenses.I don't see BB moving 1 player to get 2 in return unless they acquire a draft choice and a player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats need to beef up their secondary. Wheatley is probably gone and they will bring in 1 maybe 2 corners.
    Posted by viewer222[/QUOTE]
    Wheatley won't be cut. The Pats never activate 5 corners on game day. Wheatley will be a healthy scratch often this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 16 cuts to go : In the first quarter when the best defense in the league was on the field I did not think the Pats offense looked good - have to disagree with you on that on. Hoyer looked good against the Giants' scrubs but the Giants' second team is not the best in my opinion. I still like Hoyer and am sure he will stick but BB will bring in a veteran - we will not start with 2 QBs.

Hoyer faced the Giants' 5th ranked defense with our back-ups. He only had BJE to throw the ball to. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He faced an elite defense that held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 14 points, and he did it with back-ups. He took a sack from Justin Tuck and he kept his poise all game long. The kid looked good in the pocket. With some lessons from Brady, he will be a more acurate QB. This kid has a bright future in the NFl. I just hope his future is as the heir apparent to whenever Brady says good-bye to the league. AJ Feeley is a 27 TDs and 29 INT guy, we need an acurate arm. If something happens to Brady we should groom this kid with some real game speed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogi3333. Show yogi3333's posts

I think the Pats will surprise with a youth movement today, gravitating towards zeal, energy and an eagerness and adeptness to learn. They will cut several grey beards, many who have been instrumental in prior seasons. Look for the following names to get cut - Watson, Morris, Galloway, Lewis and I think the Law Firm's emergence makes Taylor dispensable. Any combination of these can be packaged and dealt. Let's get ready to rumble!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Iy is rumored that the Vikings will cut cb Marcus McCauley. He would be a good upgrade over Wheatley.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I doubt they will cut any RBs. All five have their own strengths, and they kept five last season. Plus we can probably bank on one of them (most likely Maroney) getting injured. I agree Hoyer would have fared better playing with the first team, so maybe BB just wanted to see how he handled adversity. Remember Cassel looked like s h i t all last preseason, yet did well for himself when forced to play. Of course, Hoyer is a rookie, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them make a trade for Feeley. IMO he is better than Huard. They need to cut a TE, and Philly is wanting one. Only 10 hours to go and we'll see who takes a walk.