1996-97 Playoff Deja Vu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

1996-97 Playoff Deja Vu

Is it starting to feel like the year that Denver as the #1 seed lost to a wild card team and Jacksonville traveled to Foxborough to meet #2 seeded NE Patriots?  I sure would like to host the AFC Championship Game at Gillette.  And even better I would like us to open up next season as the defending NFL Champions.  It could happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: 1996-97 Playoff Deja Vu

Clay! Where the H3ll you been Buddy!?

I hope so!  Wasnt coughlin coaching that Jaguars team???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clay! Where the H3ll you been Buddy!?

I hope so!  Wasnt coughlin coaching that Jaguars team???

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was and I am not sold on Denver hosting the AFC Championship game this season.  I am thinking that the loss to SF was just the wake up call we needed and BB will have the boys ready to ROCK!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Clay73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it starting to feel like the year that Denver as the #1 seed lost to a wild card team and Jacksonville traveled to Foxborough to meet #2 seeded NE Patriots?  I sure would like to host the AFC Championship Game at Gillette.  And even better I would like us to open up next season as the defending NFL Champions.  It could happen.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I remember coming home from work on a Sat  (pretty sure it was the late 3:30 Sat game that weekend) when I was in college and missing (most) of the Jax vs Denver upset, and being totally shocked it happened.

Then, I fanagled my way into going to the AFC Title game which was arguably my favorite live sports experience ever.  And, I've been to some incredible games at Fenway and more notably the Garden. When Parcells held up that trophy and acknowledged Gash "part of this is yours", that still gives me chills to this day. And that place was LOUD.   Probably the loudest outdoor game I've ever attended in my life.

I have Baltimore beating Indy this weekend, so if it is Balt vs Denver, the question is, can Ray Rice run well for 4 qtrs on that questionable Run D and can Flacco step up with Pitta and Dickson and expose their weak underbelly in coverage at LB.

I know the Pats can, but can Baltimore be smart enough to run their offense the right away to keep Gomer off the field?

[/QUOTE]

I was at the Celtics-Pistons playoff game where Bird stole the ball and fed DJ for the reverse layup. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat; the Garden went nuts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I remember coming home from work on a Sat  (pretty sure it was the late 3:30 Sat game that weekend) when I was in college and missing (most) of the Jax vs Denver upset, and being totally shocked it happened.

Then, I fanagled my way into going to the AFC Title game which was arguably my favorite live sports experience ever.  And, I've been to some incredible games at Fenway and more notably the Garden. When Parcells held up that trophy and acknowledged Gash "part of this is yours", that still gives me chills to this day. And that place was LOUD.   Probably the loudest outdoor game I've ever attended in my life.

I have Baltimore beating Indy this weekend, so if it is Balt vs Denver, the question is, can Ray Rice run well for 4 qtrs on that questionable Run D and can Flacco step up with Pitta and Dickson and expose their weak underbelly in coverage at LB.

I know the Pats can, but can Baltimore be smart enough to run their offense the right away to keep Gomer off the field?

[/QUOTE]

I was at the Celtics-Pistons playoff game where Bird stole the ball and fed DJ for the reverse layup. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat; the Garden went nuts!

[/QUOTE]

A wise man once told me, it is not over until it is over.  Then he said, actually it is never over!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, Big Play Willie Clay and Otis Smith won my heart that day!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Rice will have to have a big game and he is capable of doing just that against Denver.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It will happen

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

This weekend

Cincy over Houston

Indy over Balt

Next weekend

NE over Indy

Cincy over Denver

AFC Championship

NE over Cincy

Super Bowl

NE over SF

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell you what's different from that 96/97 year to this one - back then we would of never beaten Denver - we can now.

That was a great run...Pittsburgh at home...the field was so foggy you couldn't see what the hell was going on. I want to say they opened that game with a long pass to Terry Glenn that they had been working on. And I also remember Curtis Martin just eating them alive with delayed runs. Then they get the Jaguars on that cold Sunday night...didn't the power go out or something? The defense really played great during those two games...Slade was all over the field and we brought up this 6'6" defensive lineman from the practice squad late in the year that was really making some plays (forget his name).

I'll tell you what, that offense was loaded...Coates, Byers, Glenn, Martin, Jefferson, Armstrong, Bledsoe, Meggett, Brisby (although I think he was hurt). The line blocked almost perfect for that entire Super Bowl until Max Lane got man handled - if Brady was the QB we win that Super Bowl.

14. This post has been removed.