1st Pepper now Scar....red flags???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

1st Pepper now Scar....red flags???

Is it just me or is it just coincidence that both these Patriot staples just happened to leave...is there something bigger coming down? Brady moved? Hope not ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: 1st Pepper now Scar....red flags???

Well BB contract is up not sure if they came to another deal ,but who knows maybe BB is moving on with other coaching jobs open anything is possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

Well BB contract is up

No it's not.  He was extended during the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Pepper bothers me more than Scar.  

Why did he leave before even interviewing for another job?  Even if he goes to the Texans it's a lateral move at best.   Maybe they have an understanding that he is "DC in waiting" when RC moves on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

well sorry I didnt hear that and I also said not sure if they came to a deal or not,but as you said they did .

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why did he leave before even interviewing for another job?  Even if he goes to the Texans it's a lateral move at best.   Maybe they have an understanding that he is "DC in waiting" when RC moves on.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Pepper left voluntarily. 

Scar did, but Pepper doesn't leave the Pats unless he already has a job setup -- and I agree, he moves to a DC position, not laterally. 

The decision for Pepper to leave certainly doesn't appear to have been made by himself. Belichick wasn't happy with the play of the LBs, for one reason or another. 

Speculation, but it isn't that hard to conceive that as a real possibility. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Pepper left voluntarily. 

Scar did, but Pepper doesn't leave the Pats unless he already has a job setup -- and I agree, he moves to a DC position, not laterally. 

The decision for Pepper to leave certainly doesn't appear to have been made by himself. Belichick wasn't happy with the play of the LBs, for one reason or another. 

Speculation, but it isn't that hard to conceive that as a real possibility. 

[/QUOTE]

why didn't he leave voluntarily? he was there a long time, was passed over for the DC and isn't getting any younger...all adds up to time to move on

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Pepper should have been made the DC, and Patricia canned

Patricia was an offensive lineman, whatk does ne know about defense?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't have happened. Peppers has been around long enough to question BB much like Crennel did. Patricia is more of a yes man and holds BB's clip board. But I agree Peppers should have been DC not Patricia who was way over his head.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

It is what it is with pepper johnson and scar. One thing I dont get is how pats fitness coach and doc still not.fired?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to sam0377's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is what it is with pepper johnson and scar. One thing I dont get is how pats fitness coach and doc still not.fired?

[/QUOTE]

Esp that guy after he was fired from the Sox for incompetence. I've never seen so many injures on the Pats, year after year, since he joined the staff.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

not red flags. Scar has been around A LONG time. and the NFL seasons take their toll on a guy no ddoubt. they say he gets in at 4 in the morning all the time studying film. he was a work horse. it was time for him to retire.

as for Pepper... been around a whhile, change on scenery is good.

look guys, we lost Weis and Crennel after the SB but BB has continued to bring in good enough coaches to continue this sustained success. I' m not too worried about that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody wants to play for a loser team like the Patriots. Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked Johnson & Scar were coaches, not players fool.  Try and keep up.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats knew last year Scar was done after this year. They brought Daboll in to tutor under him

BB was not disenchanted with Pep. Pep wanted to move on and up, he had no openings here

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Kraft cleaning house.  He knows this ride has been on Brady's back.  Let me know when he cans the useless GM.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Of course red flags!  Before these guys, don't forget Dan Pees and even Capers.  I think there is a lot that meets the eye here and none of us will never know.  These guys must be sick of doing the same ole bend but don't break defense and BB just has his puppets that fill these rolls. No one to coach these guys up OR challenge the great wizard of Oz....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats knew last year Scar was done after this year. They brought Daboll in to tutor under him

BB was not disenchanted with Pep. Pep wanted to move on and up, he had no openings here

[/QUOTE]

Wait you are saying they brought Daboll in to be the new line coach? Didn't they just hire Dave D(something or other) as the new O-line coach?

Assuming you are just speculating as normal...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

BB is entering full Shanahan Mode   The one constant on this team outside of Brady has been Dante's ability to take ANYONE and give Brady a decent line. I fear for Brady's health next season. Lets see which lackey fills these vacant postions as  Belichicks coaching tree is know for producing more tainted fruit than anything edible...  yet we keep McDaniels and his influence. Can't wait to see which scrub he recommends this year!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wait you are saying they brought Daboll in to be the new line coach? Didn't they just hire Dave D(something or other) as the new O-line coach?

[/QUOTE]

dude, your avatar really fits...

Scar told them last year that his was going to be his last year. They re hired Daboll last year after Scar told them this info as insurance and continuity. Daboll spent the entire year as the assistant OL coach under Scar

Yes, they hired Dave D today

The point is that Scar leaving is/was no a "red flag". The Pats knew of this a year ago, and brought in Daboll at that time 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whether you like Patricia or not, making the comment that a guy played football on one side of the ball and therefore knows nothing about the opposing side of the ball shows exactly how little you understand about team sports concepts, strategies and coaching in general.

It has absolutely no bearing on weather he can understand, break down, and effectively communicate the necessary techniques and or concepts to the point of being fluidly actionable.

Up to you to believe he does it well enough to your liking or not. You are entitled to your opinion but suggesting because he was once an offensive player automatically eliminates him from any possibility of being successful at it is moronic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB is entering full Shanahan Mode   The one constant on this team outside of Brady has been Dante's ability to take ANYONE and give Brady a decent line. I fear for Brady's health next season. Lets see which lackey fills these vacant postions as  Belichicks coaching tree is know for producing more tainted fruit than anything edible...  yet we keep McDaniels and his influence. Can't wait to see which scrub he recommends this year!!

[/QUOTE]

dont agree with this. Dave D is very legit, and the PAts have a very solid 5 man OL even with out Wendell. Svitek if he is back and Kline if he is back, offer solid back up play

ALso see the Pats addressing the OL in the draft

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dude, your avatar really fits...

Scar told them last year that his was going to be his last year. They re hired Daboll last year after Scar told them this info as insurance and continuity. Daboll spent the entire year as the assistant OL coach under Scar

Yes, they hired Dave D today

The point is that Scar leaving is/was no a "red flag". The Pats knew of this a year ago, and brought in Daboll at that time 

[/QUOTE]

Wow I am amazed how many times people break out the avatar name comment. People are always so clever lol

Then what exactly where you implying with the highlighted part? That it was a backup plan in case they couldn't get the guy they wanted?

Sounded to me like you were trying to put 2 and 2 together is all.

I did not say they didn't hire Dabol or did not know it was Scars last season. 

Dude just say your speculating when you do that crap, no big deal. You are a huge fan, follow them intently, and make some common sense judgments that sometimes are the case and other times not so much. No big deal.