1st round of 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

1st round of 2010

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: 1st round of 2010

why would Detroit draft Clausen?
    Colt McCoy, Benn, Tebow, Cody and Ghee are 2nd rounders.
    I've seen Spikes stock dropping but I don't know why.  I think of him as a solid first round pick. 
    CJSpiller goes pretty high in a lot of mock drafts.  The Patriots picking him up wouldn't break my heart at all.  I'm surprise to see you have Javid Best as the #1 RB.  Most have Spiller there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

With ronnie brown a free agent i just feel like javid best fill more of that role in the wild cat more than CJ spiller i wouldnt be suprised to see new england tag wilfork and trade to move up in the draft or just plain out trade out of the 1st round as for Tebow I think one sucker team will take a chance on him you have to remember that matt stafford was injurd for most of this season and didnt have that productive of a year even though as a rookie i like jimmy clausen, McCoy, Benn, Cody, Ghee could make the first round under the radar for later pick teams just because DE switching to OLB turn out to be bust 6/10 times so its so hard to see teams going for risky players more than players that will sure up the team but i do see a team taking a risk on Tim Tebow in the first round but would not be supriesd if he easily dropped into the 3rd-4th round and some of those players dropping into the 2nd round hope that anwers your questions

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

I find some issues here:

1) I doubt that Detriot would take Jimmy Clausen. They took a QB with the first pick last year (Matthew Stafford). Barring Suh slipping past the Rams (which could happen), Gerald McCoy will most likely be the pick at #2. Russell Okung could also be an option.

2) There is no way that Joe Haden is picked before Eric Berry. It would be a travesty if Berry is still on the board at #6. Tampa Bay will likely scoop him up with the third pick.

3) No Rolando McClain? He's far and away the best linebacker in this draft, and will be gone by the 15th pick.

4) CJ Spiller probably won't be around at 22, and I doubt that the Pats would even look to go RB in the first round. If they keep the pick, I believe that either Jared Odrick or Mike Iupati will be the pick at 22. There also is a strong chance that the Pats will trade down altogether.

As a side note, I wouldn't be shocked if Skeletor took Colt McCoy at #8. He did take Darrius Brick-Hands Heyward-Bey at #7 last year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

I just feel that Kanasa city would rather take joe haden to have a shut down corner

Cleavleand will jump all over the fact eric berry falls to them at 7 and go and take him to give them some defense of preseance               

CJ Spiller could drop but highly unlikely but if he is there i think the pats would jump on him not a bad idea going with jared odrick dont like Mike lupati

Okland has given up on jamarcuss russel and i think they will go after Colt McCoy for a fact

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

The only thing you had right was teams laying off the projected OLB's. Thats something Ive been saying would happen for a couple years now and I think this is the year. This years class is substandard and theres no-one that stands out as "the guy". There have been about 15-20 bust at that position the last 3-4 years. Committe touched on some things that just make no sense at all. Theres absolutely no wat Detriot takes JC at 2, just no way. That was just stupid, sorry but theres no reasonable explanation for that. This isnt the Matt Million era, teams arnt going to WASTE 2 top 5-10 picks on the same position. You lose alot of credability with that pick, it doesnt matter how bad MS played, he was a ROOKIE! You take a QB in the first round, nevermind with the first pick, your giving him ample time to prove himself. KC is a bad team, but I think can actually make some noise with a couple solid players, I dont think there as far away as some would tell you. You really need to explain yourself with this draft and the Haden pick. This is a team that has major holes at T and DT and you have them taken Haden. Their looking for a DT as we speak, through either F/A , trade or the draft and Berry would make such a bigger impact IMHO. He can play every position in the secodary including corner and is just a better player than Haden, bombed on that one too. Im a huge Earl Thomas fan, but I think thats a lil' too high for him. Ive had him as a first rounder all year, whille most could only say Berry/Mays etc. To early and hes a FS not SS, and theres no way a team would want to convert him into one. He is a very good at tackling, IMHO hes as good as Berry and better than Mays who whiffs too much. Thats said why waste his best assets which are his coverage skills, instincts, hands, and his overall ability to diagnose a play being the QB of the D. And please tell me why Denver is going to take a T when they have the best Tackle combo in the league in Clady and Harris. That also makes no sense, along with Pitt taking Griffen, I dont think he has the size/strength to be a 3-4 end. I cant see SF passing on Morgan and taking Bryant, they need a OT and/or DE. IMHO Morgan is a top ten talent in this years draft class and dont see alot of depth at that position, they will take a tackle or d-end. By having Detriot take JC and not having Morgan anywhere in the first you look foolish and uneducated, in terms of football that is. Sorry that was a terrible mock draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

First off, there are no real shut down corners anymore. I know you cant wait to say "what about Revis or Nnamdi", Revis and Moss were on the field together for 77 plays. He had Moss only 7 times one on one, thats not a "shut down corner" , he very good, but needs help just like everyone else. Take the best corner and put him on any elite receiver and the wideout wins all day. All corners have help, even Nnamdi who plays in the 1950's style defense in Oakland. I like Haden alot, but Berry can make much more of an impact, he can play all positions in the secondary. And KC has more pressing needs at OT,DT,DE, they need more help at S than CB. I wouldnt be surprise a bit if they tried to trade out into the 2nd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Hey at least you got sum ballz, there are to many kitty's on here that post threads and run for it. Can you give me some reasoning behind McClain and Denver taking a OT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Please no Iupati in the 1st round.

Everything i read on him is that he's good but over hyped and over rated at this point in time due to the hype.

I have read from numerous sources that he struggles mightily pass blocking against top rushers and has lousy feet at this stage of his development.

I agree with the general comments from "TheCommittee". No Rolando in the 1st round? Huh? Hayden before Berry? Why? Lafell from LSU schooled Hayden when LSU played Florida and yet you have Hayden going 5th and LaFell not in the 1st round at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Its funny how guys come on here and really think they know football , hey Im not BB, but Ive seen maybe 3-4 guys who actually understand and know what their talking about. Theres a couple ways and things you can watch/look for, and one of them is the fact that very few come on here with original thoughts. Nobody comes on here with their ideas/thoughts , Mike lupati is a great example. Everyone has him as one of the guys they would grab in the first round. Ive never been big on him, in fact Ive been really high on Mike Johnson at RG. Ive done a little homework and watched some games/tape and think hes going to be a real player in years to come. Im talking starting for some team for the next 9-10 years. In watching and reading about him Ive come to find a guy who can almost do it all. First off guard is a real position of need on this team and I think we can get him in the second round. And I think we could get him with our second or thrid 2nd rounder. Hes versatile, I think he can play both right/left guard positions. Hes athletic, he both run/pass block, hes a guy who can get done field and block on a bubble/screen pass. I really like his instincts and reaction skills, hes got a motor, and most of all he knows/wants to get better. Know Im not sure if I slept with someones sister on here or what, but nobody will resond to my threads/post. Id like to hear if anyone has any thoughts/opinions on Johnson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Committee - nice pick up on him missing McClain.  Wow, that will need some explaining.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Well...

Spiller will be the first back off the board.  He won't be around at #22 and if he is, I'd be all over him regardless of our needs.  He is the next Chris Johnson.

McClain is a top 12 pick.

I actually like you having Donovan Warren as the 2nd corner off the board.  He's a sleeper and I've been talking him up on other threads.

After watching the Senior Bowl, I will predict with about 99% confidence that Tebow won't be taken on the first day and I'm a fan of his.

Iupati is a stud, regardless of the holding.  I think the SB hurts him to where he drops into the 20s but I still see him as an option for us if there.

After watching the Senior Bowl I have to say that Brandon Graham will go in the first round possibly higher than where we are picking at #22.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Faucet, I know you and many here are high on Lupati, but M Pouncey SHOULD be available in the 2nd and I think is a much better BB option.  He can play Center and Guard, at around 310-315 can pull very well which BB loves.  I think he is more likely our choice if we grab one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Okung to the Lions. Imagine if Suh goes third overall. Could happen. I can't see the Patriots being in position to get MacLain and BB not taking him (Guyton to OLB ?) Spiller and Best should be gone by #22. I like Jason Pierre Paul's motor; is there post combine chance that he falls. Starting to like Odrick. After so many DL picks last year (Pryor, Brace) that gained significant minutes would BB go DL in the 1st. Alot could depend on Fork. This draft looks fairly deep on DL so its possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Detroit has $41.7 million invested in a promising young quarterback and they're going to invest another $40 million in another?  No chance whatsoever.  

CJ Spiller to the Pats would be a dream come true but at #22 I don't see it happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

This just in Bill trades out of the first round for 3 3rd round picks.  Now that is value.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshkp55. Show joshkp55's posts

this mock is one of the worst ive seen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I say it every year. Sirrah, You are making a mockery of mock drafts...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

horrendous mock draft

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

houston in the first round? he used to be projected as a 3rd rnder, but i believe he is worth a 2nd rnd pick. i hope he stays there for the pats in the mid- or late- 2nd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Captain, it is not so much as Odrick himself well the player need for the Pats.

DE in 2009 was a weakness, Odrick brings the ability to stop the run play push and collapse the pocket in passing plays and has a non stop motor.  He is all you want in a 34 DE.  He has the size, speed to play the position and allow the play makers (OLBs) to make tackles and get their sacks.

If DE was not such a weakness in 2009 I don't think you would be hearing him as an option at 22. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

1. STL - Jimmy Clausen - QB, Notre Dame
    2. DET - Ndamukong Suh - DT, Nebraska
    3. TB -  Gerald Mcoy - DT, Oklahoma
    4. WAS Eric Berry - S, Tennesee
    5. KC - Russel Okung - OT, Oklahoma State
    6. SEA - Carlos Dunlap - DE, Georgia Tech

7. CLE - Joe Haden - CB, Florida
    8. OAK - Derrick Morgan - DE/LB, Georgia Tech
    9. BUF - Anthony Davis- OT, Rutgers
    10. JAX - Jason Pierre-Paul - DE, South Fla
    11. DEN - Dez Bryant- WR, Oklahoma State
    12. MIA - Rolando Mclain - LB, Alabama
    13. SF - Taylor Mays - S, USC
    14. SEA - Bryan Bulaga - OT, Iowa
    15. NYG - Brandon Spikes - LB, Florida
    16. SF - Trent Williams - OT, Oklahoma
    17. TEN - Everson Griffen, DE USC
    18. PIT - Dan Williams -  NT, Tennessee
    19. ATL - Donovan Warren - CB, Michigan
    20. HOU - Earl Thomas - FS, Texas
    21. CIN - Arrelious Benn - WR, Illinois
    22. NE - Ricky Sapp - LB, Clemenson
    23. GB - Charles Brown - OT, USC
    24. PHI - Brandon Graham, DE/LB Michigan
    25. BAL - Damian Williams - WR, USC
    26. ARI - Sam Bradford - QB, Oklahoma
    27. DAL - Mike Iupati - G, Idaho
    28. SD - Terrence Cody - NT, Alabama
    29. NYJ - Jared Odrick - DE/LB, Penn State
    30. MIN - Brandon Ghee - CB, Wake Forest
    31. IND - Lamarr Houston - DT, Texas
    32. NO - Jerry Hughes - DE/LB, TCU

This is my first time making a mock draft sorry if i wrote something wrong. btw i think this mock draft blows biiig time,  its hard making one! Harder then i thought lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Dunlap is a bit high, and he isn't from Georgia Tech but from Florida. Also, I would throw up if they picked Sapp over Graham. Graham can flat our play, and I would have no concern with having him switch to OLB from DE. Either way he'll be rushing on third down (which is what they need the most). After his senior bowl performance in the game and practices I don't see him lasting that long.

I wouldn't mind Odrick either since he could fill the role of Seymour, and fits a 3 down player criteria well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I agree spiller most likely won't be available at #22.  That's why they have to move up to get him.

A good running game would be more effective for the defense than a pass rusher simply by keeping the other guy's offense sitting on the bench. Pass rushers are available in the second and third rounds or by trading back into the first with our 2011 raiders pick.

People keep comparing spiller to chris johnson. How many more games would we have won this year with chris johnson in our backfield? 

jets, colts and fins for sure, broncos and houston probably.  So even if we just win the "for sure" games, we're 13-3 with a first round bye instead of 10-6 and one and out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

You sound like a lot like the whack-job in "silence of the lambs", even to the extent of an unhealthy obsession with Lepidoptera. I think the mods will find it amusing, too. buh-bye, you sick little fairy.