20 Points

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: 20 Points

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

offense didnt score enough surprise rusty says this. i agree 20 is low. but not THAT bad. still a winnable score if we had any form of a defense. 3 weeks in a row we make 3 crap QBs (Keenum, Campbell and Tannehill) look great. this D is doing better against the run. yes. (credit better play by Dont'a) but still the D could not win us a game today. they couldnt get the timely stop or even holding Miami to a FG on the final drive. imagine if they did?! we win! tom woulda drove us inti FG range and Gostk woulda smashed it through and we have the one seed. but we dont. the the D isnt doing so hot.

Arrington on the outside v. Wallace all game, why? Not a ton of Logan Ryan, why? more hightower than Collins on pass downs, why? Gregory over Harmon, why?

those are all killers.

[/QUOTE]

Much rather see Collins in there. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arrington on the outside v. Wallace all game, why? Not a ton of Logan Ryan, why? more hightower than Collins on pass downs, why? Gregory over Harmon, why?

those are all killers.

[/QUOTE]

Much rather see Collins in there. 

[/QUOTE]

exactly, same. he has looked very good in coverage for the opportunities he has had. so why not make him the automatic 3rd down guy and takt Dont'a out of there? blows my mind how we keep a 275 gorilla out there to run with TEs and Wrs who run 4.4-4.8 forty's and he probably has a 5.0... i dont get it. Collins has the tools imo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that."

If Gronk is in there we easily break 20 points. It's no surprise the red zone offense struggled without him, especially consider all our wideouts were hurt also.

You grant the defense all kinds of excuses for injuries but if the offense has injuries that affect performance, that's all Brady's fault. 

That's the height of hypocrisy on your part. Fortunately the rest of the world can see what is obvious. 

Ty Law (who knows a thing or two about winning Super Bowl). "This is not a championship defense." 

No it most certainly is not. And you are correct: in its current state, the offense cannot cover up for our defensive problems. The sad thing is that without those key injuries the D might be been pretty good, but that's another story. We can't stop other teams when it counts and the offense isn't good enough to pick up the slack. 

The offense at least can practice their tails off and figure out how to improve and get a couple guys healthy. Our defense is, sadly, close to its barely adequate ceiling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that."

If Gronk is in there we easily break 20 points. It's no surprise the red zone offense struggled without him, especially consider all our wideouts were hurt also.

You grant the defense all kinds of excuses for injuries but if the offense has injuries that affect performance, that's all Brady's fault. 

That's the height of hypocrisy on your part. Fortunately the rest of the world can see what is obvious. 

Ty Law (who knows a thing or two about winning Super Bowl). "This is not a championship defense." 

No it most certainly is not. And you are correct: in its current state, the offense cannot cover up for our defensive problems. The sad thing is that without those key injuries the D might be been pretty good, but that's another story. We can't stop other teams when it counts and the offense isn't good enough to pick up the slack. 

The offense at least can practice their tails off and figure out how to improve and get a couple guys healthy. Our defense is, sadly, close to its barely adequate ceiling.

[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree with Ty there. I do think the defense can play a little better with Collins and Harmon out there, but the injuries have really shattered any chances of this defense being great. Such a shame because they were playing well before the injuries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This is beyond a dumb post.

No 20 points does not regularly win you games. However, they havent scored 20 points regularly. Theyve averaged around 28 points the last 4 weeks.

Way to twist things to fit your agenda.

20 points doesnt win you each and every week, but it's got to be enough sometimes. Heck, 13 was enough for the Bengals when they played us.

Plain and simple, this D can't make 4th quarter stops on the road. The offense did not have a great game. But quit fondling BB's balls.

This is a super unclutch defense on the road.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well it was pretty obvious they missed Gronk today (I can't remember, but some moron started a thread about how we could overcome his loss), far from happening today. Brady may of played his best game of the season today against a pretty good D. Hey does that make Ireland the best GM ever! Olivier Vernon, Wake, Jordan...god if Belichick had brought those guys in you'd call him the best GM of all time...wait, you already do. To think...a third round pick with 11 sacks in his second season...Jeff must be brilliant. Lol!

[/QUOTE]

I thought Brady played great myself.  The Pats went to Miami with a beat up team and had a chance to win it at the end.   A very gutsy game by Brady.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The TEAM, not 1 or coach, takes accountability for 3 successive weeks of stumbling.  The Patriots are NOT playing down to their competition.  They ARE at that level now.  

Dropped passes, bad run D, blown coverage, botched kick-offs, bad throws, missed tackles, missed FGs, wrong play calls are not the work of 1 person, but the sum total of 53 + a coaching staff.

It's been going on for weeks.  The Pats are a team struggling to get through every snap; it's just a year full of ugly stuff.  Next season will be hugely exciting - and a SB favorite - if they are 100 percent healthy and they draft immediate impact players

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

How unfortunate can one team be? Then to have a dumpkauf for an OC doesn't help they were chewing the clock to shreds while running the ball and instead of staying with it he immediately goes pass crazy! As for the kicker missing an easy FG and then kicking the ball OOB on the kickoff is inexcusible! Sorry, but mistakes were made but the kickers job is fairly simple!!!! I'd check his bank account there had to be a large deposit made at around 4:10 this afternoon.... No kicker in this league is trying a corner kick that late in the game! Go back to Memphis Gostkowski you suck! For my final rant and I thank you all for saving me thousands in therapy, when are the Officials going to finally call a PI when it's a PI? Because the linebacker covering Hooman on the next to last play held and hit him in the endzone log before the ball got there, I don't care if it seems repititious that these teams are getting away with PI's at the end of the game, but call the absolute muggings! Corrente's crew usually calls a fair game but on the last drive by Miami there is a Def. hold called but when the all but rape Hooman no call. #@$%U I'm sure you no what I mean, if I had wanted to watch the TLC WWE event I would have! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that.

[/QUOTE]

We could have kicked a field goal at the end and had 23 points and still would have lost.

What would your excuse be then?  That we need to score more then 23 every game to win?

Why can't the defense hold teams to under your magic 20 number?  According to you, other teams should lose if we hold them to under 20.  So why can't out D do that?

It will never be enough to satisfy Rusty as long as he needs to continue to make excuses for his bad defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems to me we still have some rubes in here who think this is enough to win games in this league.

I can't think of any season in the Goodell era, where 20 points was regularly a winning point total for an NFL team.

Brady sure made some fantasy owners happy today, though, didn't he?  Fantasy owners happy, diehard fans? Not so much.

NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting number.....it also happens to be what the Ravens D averages for points allowed...