In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True, Rusty.  But come on.  Our defense has to be able to stop teams on 3rd and 17 if they don't want to be considered a joke.  Seriously, how many of those have we given up this year? We don't deserve to win if we can't make those stops.  I know the offense has a lot of work to do too.  I'm not saying they are anywhere where they need to be.  Pathetic effort today.

[/QUOTE]

"Effort"? Your now questioning the character of this team? Wow.

Fact is, 20 points is the marker I always reference here.  Ds give up 3rd and 15s all Sunday long around this league. Happens all the time.

That's one play.

I am talking about how people think our D should focibly be held to a standard of 19 points allowed our less when our offense only score 20.  It's lunacy.

Look at the scoreboards today in the NFL or any day, really. Teams don't win with only 20 points on the board.

Teams don't win by making excuses for their GOAT QB either.   He has to audible better or less.

I refuse to hold a decimated Ds feet to the fire when all the offense had to do was not go 1/4 in the red zone.

[/QUOTE]

Rebuild on the fly six years and counting

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  The lockout was in 2011. It's 2013.

YOUR team cheated to rebuild and lost. 2 straights years of now playoffs and next year, too.

How does that feel?

[/QUOTE]

it feels like ur best GM ever hasn't built a winning or clutch D in 6 years and counting

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: 20 Points

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know you are frustrated with your inability to understand the complexities of the NFL.

Rather than trying to explain it all to you here and have you miss the salient points, thereby leading to further frustration, may I suggest you take baby steps and start with a primer, such as

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Football Like A Pro - Joe Theismann

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Understanding-Football/dp/0028617436

Maybe you could have a friend buy it as a gift for you for the Holidays.   Or "surprise" yourself and buy it for yourself.

Glad to Help!

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should go back to the Sox board with your goofy Catfish Hunter board name like you were pre 2013.

Blow up another Brady blow up doll. The guy wants it to be all about him all the time and then he's busy wasting time and going 1/4 in the red zone with no urgency, somehow it all gets transferred to the D on an 85 degree, sweltering hot day because he fiddled with his diddle most of the 1st, 3rd and half of the 4th qtr.

Can't complaing TOP, the run D or 3 and outs this week, can ya, Catfish?

I can just see Joshie and Tommy Boy over dinner on Thurs night scheming on how they're going to show us Gronk won't be missed.

[/QUOTE]

Is it 85 degrees just for the Pats D, or does the offense play under the same conditions?

Why can't BB "see" the mutiny that you see?

Have you checked out my book suggestion?   It's gotten good reviews.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ive been a backer of the defense when others have bashed them, but no matter how you slice it, they didn't do enough to win the game today. They had a chance on a 4th and 5 near midfield to end the game and they couldn't stop a simple screen. Hightower was awful again too today. 

[/QUOTE]

Who was even worse was Gregory. This guy is responsible for that screen and this game...never mind the touchdown he gave up, or the slant he gave up. This guy is physically not capable of doing what he is supposed to do. And how about second round bust Tavon Wilson? Seems like it's a trickle down effect...we sign a crap box safety, draft one to replace him, then sign one this offseason to replace him, then draft another one to replace Adrian Wilson, who never was capable of replacing Tavon Wilson. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. Never mind the fact that McCourty can't tackle a guy in the flat. 

The sad part is all that I wrote reads like a sarcastic joke, but it is reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

True, Rusty.  But come on.  Our defense has to be able to stop teams on 3rd and 17 if they don't want to be considered a joke.  Seriously, how many of those have we given up this year? We don't deserve to win if we can't make those stops.  I know the offense has a lot of work to do too.  I'm not saying they are anywhere where they need to be.  Pathetic effort today.

[/QUOTE]

Fact is, 20 points is the marker I always reference here.  Ds give up 3rd and 15s all Sunday long around this league. Happens all the time.

That's one play.

I am talking about how people think our D should focibly be held to a standard of 19 points allowed our less when our offense only score 20.  It's lunacy.

Look at the scoreboards today in the NFL or any day, really. Teams don't win with only 20 points on the board.

Teams don't win by making excuses for their GOAT QB either.   He has to audible better or less.

I refuse to hold a decimated Ds feet to the fire when all the offense had to do was not go 1/4 in the red zone.

[/QUOTE]

So next time Brady should throw the ball in his own hands in the EZ or kick the field goals? Boyce should have caught the ball but he doesn't seem to catch when there is a defender in close coverage. Maybe it is a rookie concentration thing?

[/QUOTE]

So now we're blaming Boyce for that 3rd qtr?

[/QUOTE]

No, we're blaming two long scoring drives that the D allowed and a missed kick by Gost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like this moron doesn't quite grasp the idea of point differential.  Miami gave up about their point avarage today.  Prior to the last drive, Brady had a 100+ rating against a very good defense.  The Dolphins are the 20th ranked offense in points, the Pats D gave up more points to that offense than their average.  Tannehill had a rating of 120.  Three TDs and ZERO picks.  Where were all those "forced turnovers" you were bragging about?  Yep, blame Brady for Tannehill's career day.

[/QUOTE]

Some "career" day. Everyone somehow has a career day but those same QBs struggle to get to 17 points against our Ds all day long unless we turn it over on offense or literally don't both the ball an entire qtr with 2 minute drives.

How convenient.

Miami's D is not that good either.  Patterson was a big loss for them out from last week.

Their Safety, Jones, I don't think practiced my all week, but we end up 1/4 in the red zone, giving away field position, momentum.

Same old story for our underachieving offense, Bustchise.

Your Jets D is far worse.  Far worse and healthy, too. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm Pats D (arguably the best in the AFC?) gives up 24 to the Panthers, the Jets D gives up 16.  Yep, far worse.  Far far worse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I can't think of any season in the Goodell era, where 20 points was regularly a winning point total for an NFL team.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the O would have had 26 points if we didn't miss the 48 yard FG and then be forced by the D collapse to go for a TD at the last minute instead of kicking a short FG to win.

Isn't that right? Would 26 points have been enough for you on the road against a bitter rival who is desperate to make the playoffs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ive been a backer of the defense when others have bashed them, but no matter how you slice it, they didn't do enough to win the game today. They had a chance on a 4th and 5 near midfield to end the game and they couldn't stop a simple screen. Hightower was awful again too today. 

[/QUOTE]

Who was even worse was Gregory. This guy is responsible for that screen and this game...never mind the touchdown he gave up, or the slant he gave up. This guy is physically not capable of doing what he is supposed to do. And how about second round bust Tavon Wilson? Seems like it's a trickle down effect...we sign a crap box safety, draft one to replace him, then sign one this offseason to replace him, then draft another one to replace Adrian Wilson, who never was capable of replacing Tavon Wilson. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. Never mind the fact that McCourty can't tackle a guy in the flat. 

The sad part is all that I wrote reads like a sarcastic joke, but it is reality.

[/QUOTE]

Injuries have played a big role in the defense's downfall but you are right that it doesn't excuse the poor play of the guys that are still out there. Gregory seems to be playing scared, Cole may be the worst cb I've ever seen, and Hightower plays like he is one candy bar away from 350 lbs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's one play.

[/QUOTE]

Rebuild on the fly six years and counting

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  The lockout was in 2011. It's 2013.

YOUR team cheated to rebuild and lost. 2 straights years of now playoffs and next year, too.

How does that feel?

[/QUOTE]

it feels like ur best GM ever hasn't built a winning or clutch D in 6 years and counting

[/QUOTE]

It could be argued he has never built that for us, since his best defenses had bunches of guys he didn't bring in.

That's just simply the truth. I wish he was the best GM ever, but he simply is far far from that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's one play.

[/QUOTE]

So next time Brady should throw the ball in his own hands in the EZ or kick the field goals? Boyce should have caught the ball but he doesn't seem to catch when there is a defender in close coverage. Maybe it is a rookie concentration thing?

[/QUOTE]

So now we're blaming Boyce for that 3rd qtr?

[/QUOTE]

No, we're blaming two long scoring drives that the D allowed and a missed kick by Gost.

[/QUOTE]

Well the botched kick off might have been worse than the field goal.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Injuries have played a big role in the defense's downfall but you are right that it doesn't excuse the poor play of the guys that are still out there. Gregory seems to be playing scared, Cole may be the worst cb I've ever seen, and Hightower plays like he is one candy bar away from 350 lbs.

[/QUOTE]

You might be on to something here.  Bring in a hypnotist and have him convince DH that his target is carrying a candy bar.   That might work.  Kinda like dogs at the track.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I can't think of any season in the Goodell era, where 20 points was regularly a winning point total for an NFL team.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the O would have had 26 points if we didn't miss the 48 yard FG and then be forced by the D collapse to go for a TD at the last minute instead of kicking a short FG to win.

Isn't that right? Would 26 points have been enough for you on the road against a bitter rival who is desperate to make the playoffs?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  We need to score more than 20 points in any game in this league. It'a an offensive league.

Why is this so difficult?  I don't think the offense should be off the hook because they can't score more than 20 points barring a pick 6 or STs TD by our D.

[/QUOTE]

So, SPECIAL TEAMS held us to the 20. Not the offense. We would have conceivably scored 26 and won if he didn't miss that FG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I believe there were fewer drives than most games

Part of this was caused by the pats themselves on their drives

fewer possessions fewer points

DA and JE both had 100 yds

TB had already had 1 4th qtr go ahead drive

Gost KO oobs

d missed on 4th down D

DA was stripped -that was not a drop

The Pats could have the game by one more good play by the O, D or STs

Earlier Gos misses a fg - it happens AV missed some too. 

the Pats ran at a 4.4 clip. on some of the drives the O got behind schedule and had to throw.

Our problem was we get Fgs vs TDs. my big problem was the 3rd and one and we set up in shot gun > the oc calls the formation and play . the way we ran , ok pass but why take TB from under center and telegraph a pass? we were under ctr for the Mulligans TD earlier in the season, we were successful on a roll out by TB last week. we never used Devlin, 

Sometimes his play calls drive  me nuts. like in Denver OT his 3and 4 long pass. or he comes out and only runs or he comes out and only passes. I don't think he ever went up tempo.

Some here seem to think that we can lose player after player and we should still blow people out.Or shut people down. TB said it last week with all the losses the margin of error is small.

The Pats can not make injuries an excuse. but we as fans have to understand what has happened to this team. We lost two more players today. 

With Gronk we are a 30pt team without him we are closer to 20. For all u super GMs there are few Gronks out there. But you expect the same results? really? Really? And it's tbs fault? We are not favored to win it all anymore by anyone. So everyone please stop blaming your favorite boogeyman. This team needs more from all. And the play calling has to be better.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  We need to score more than 20 points in any game in this league. It'a an offensive league.

Why is this so difficult?  I don't think the offense should be off the hook because they can't score more than 20 points barring a pick 6 or STs TD by our D.

[/QUOTE]

So, SPECIAL TEAMS held us to the 20. Not the offense. We would have conceivably scored 26 and won if he didn't miss that FG.

[/QUOTE]

No. We were 1/4 in the red zone without the missed 48 yarder.  A 48 yarder is not a gimme either.

The D held to 17 and our offense did nothing in the 3rd qtr and into the mid 4th.  That's way too many drives in a row of not moving the sticks in a game where your only behind by 1 score or down by 4.

[/QUOTE]

^ What does all this gibberish matter?

If we hit the FG we would have scored 23. If we hit that FG we wouldn't have needed a TD to overcome Miami's lead at the end and could have kicked an easy FG for 26 points.

Why is it so hard to admit that if the FG wasn't missed we would have very likely scored 26 points instead of 20?

Is it impossible for you to blame anybody other than Brady (or the O) for a loss?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

OK.  I take it you didn't like my book suggestion.  Too many pages?

Maybe a video is more up your alley ... this one is highly rated on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7Pu-Zw0Ow

Again - Glad to Help!

P.S.   Stick with it.   I have confidence in you bro!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. We were 1/4 in the red zone without the missed 48 yarder.  A 48 yarder is not a gimme either.

The D held to 17 and our offense did nothing in the 3rd qtr and into the mid 4th.  That's way too many drives in a row of not moving the sticks in a game where your only behind by 1 score or down by 4.

[/QUOTE]

^ What does all this gibberish matter?

If we hit the FG we would have scored 23. If we hit that FG we wouldn't have needed a TD to overcome Miami's lead at the end and could have kicked an easy FG for 26 points.

Why is it so hard to admit that if the FG wasn't missed we would have very likely scored 26 points instead of 20?

Is it impossible for you to blame anybody other than Brady (or the O) for a loss?

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It would have been nice if he hadn't missed a makeable kick on the road.  I am just tired of looking at these long, long stretches of the game where the offense is abysmal in general while the D is doing its job.

[/QUOTE]

So, you're tired of those long stretches where the offense is ineffective, and the rest of us are tired of the defense collapsing in the last minutes when the O has given them a lead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seems to me we still have some rubes in here who think this is enough to win games in this league.

Brady sure made some fantasy owners happy today, though, didn't he?  Fantasy owners happy, diehard fans? Not so much.

NEWSFLASH: We ain't winning postseason games with just 20 points. It has to be more than that.

[/QUOTE]

ur D hasn't made a key stop in years...be lucky u have Brady or Pats would win 9 games a year

[/QUOTE]

Unless the offense has put the team into a 2 - 3 score lead mid to late 4th quarter, just can't rely on the D to hold the other team.  The last second, literally, wins against Saints, Broncos (OT), Houston and Cleveland, were only wins because the opposing offense did not have enough time to go down field and score to tie or win.  Cleveland came close going about 50 yards in 30 seconds or so.

For the life of me, since SB42, how BB has yet to put together a D that CAN hold its own late in games is a mystery.  TB and the offense, most games, can score with anyone.  Late game comebacks need to be supported by a D that can be relied upon to hold the other team.  Granted, I have to say, at the beginning of the year it appeared that type of D was rounding into form then all those injuries hit.  But, still, in this game, 3rd and 17 and they couldn't do the job??!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK.  I take it you didn't like my book suggestion.  Too many pages?

Maybe a video is more up your alley ... this one is highly rated on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7Pu-Zw0Ow

Again - Glad to Help!

P.S.   Stick with it.   I have confidence in you bro!

[/QUOTE]

I've read more football books than you could ever dream of and recommended many to this board here many times.

You're a simpleton who thinks our great QB leading our offense can win postseason games with 20 points on the scoreboard. lol

I am watching Pitt's offense shred Cincy's D. Pitt's offense sucks. Even Big Ben and Haley's awful relationship can't stop crap Pitt from moving the chains and popping in TDs.

Offensive era.  It is for everyone except for us, with our lead er Brady under Center.

Great season for comebacks and late surges, but that won't cut it in the postseason.

24-0 now thorough 10 minutes of the 1st half.

[/QUOTE]

This news just in to our desk:   Pats #3 in Points Scored in the AFC.  Sounds like the problem may be elsewhere.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's one play.

[/QUOTE]

So, the D ALWAYS gets a pass in your eyes?  Today, at the end of BOTH halves, for some reason, it allowed the Dolphins to score late TDs within drives of 82 and 60 yards.  In both drives the D had the Dolphins in 3rd and 10+ situations and they got first downs each time.  So, it gets a pass on those Dolphin possessions while the rest of the game it did great?  Can't pick and chose when the defense does good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, the D ALWAYS gets a pass in your eyes?  Today, at the end of BOTH halves, for some reason, it allowed the Dolphins to score late TDs within drives of 82 and 60 yards.  In both drives the D had the Dolphins in 3rd and 10+ situations and they got first downs each time.  So, it gets a pass on those Dolphin possessions while the rest of the game it did great?  Can't pick and chose when the defense does good.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear?

The Pats D had to play in heat.   I think the Pats offense played in an A/C stadium.

The Pats D is missing players.   The Pats offense hasn't missed a starter all year.

Then there are the refs and Goodell.   Don't get me started on that!