2006-2012: Over that span, no team drafted more combined Pro Bowl and All-Pro players than the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: 2006-2012: Over that span, no team drafted more combined Pro Bowl and All-Pro players than the Patriots

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Cowboys fans have been dealing with Jerry Jones now for 15 years.

Some of our fans should pretend what it's like to be a fan of a team like that before saying something incredibly stupid here.

Take your own advice bonehead. Those fans have been dealing with Romo.

Currently, Brady looks like Romo in his last 3 AFC title games and last 2 SBs.

8 TDs and 9 INTs in 3 AFC title games at home is horrendous. Cutler, Romo, you name it. It's terrible.

I don't care how you look at those numbers and what you think about the Defense but those aren't good any way you look at 'em. 

Most football fans in general would probably never believe that they belong to Brady but unfortunately we know better.

I hope this trend does not continue.

Want to know why this looks so bad? ?

Well, it's because it's TOTAL BS!

Do you really know better or are you taking the tainted word of a troll?

I really suggest people start checking crusty's so called facts as I have done long ago.

Truth is TB has 8 picks in all his AFCC games @ home TOTAL (all 5 AFcc games @ home).

Seems it's pretty impossible to have 9 in 3 games when he has 8 total.

Three of them were in the 2009 game against the ravens when the D put him in a 33 point hole.  LOL, 2 more Against the Raven and also in a 2 TD HOLE!

If you don't see the intention of this troll, than I feel sorry for you.

Even if it were true, and  it's not, it's very obvious he cherry picks the worst games of the guys career and uses them as a standard.  I think you would find similar results if you checked Montana's 3 worst games. 

Why does he leave out the title games since 2006 where his TD/int ratio is 18/5?  (3.6:1)

Answer:  Brady bashing troll.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Just another pathetic attempt at TB bashing.

Feel free to check out the FACTS for yourself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog//

There is no question that you are gay and are in love with Brady. The first part doesn't matter, but the second means you have mental illness.

Do you really think 49ers fans by 1987 were saying "Gee, Joe has been playing great with our 1 and done playoff games lately!  I love it!"...?

Do you really think that's what those fans were saying then?

You are one sick, sick dope.

"Even if it were true"

^^Mental illness. No doubt.

It is true, Corky. The facts are the facts. Deal with it!  Holy mackerel.

The facts, as you say, couldn't be further from the truth.  This covers 100% of what you say.

Proven liar, fraud, troll....there's no disputing that.  You need to do no more than look in a mirror to see mental illness.  TRUTH EXPOSED!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: 2006-2012: Over that span, no team drafted more combined Pro Bowl and All-Pro players than the Patriots

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Every team in the league knows the recipe for stopping the Pats offense, but very few teams have the ingredients it requires.  Basically, you cover two of the Pats receivers man-to-man with your corners, keep at least one safety close to the LOS, play zone in the middle of the field, focus on a strong four-man pass rush (often with lots of stunting), and show a lot of blitzes, but blitz only rarely (do a great job of diguising who's coming and who's dropping). Such a defense is designed to cover both the run and the short inside-the-hash pass (the strength of the Pats offense) and to disrupt Brady's timing.  It works not so much because Brady is bad but because we don't have receiving threats who can force the defense back and outside.  With Gronk in, it's less successful because he's so hard to cover and he blocks so well, but with Gronk out it can be devastatingly effective. 

But you need really good defensive players to pull it off. 

Dude, 80-90% of playoff Ds have the ability!  That's the point!  Why does Brady keep racing to get to the shotgun spread before we establish a run with him under center?

Why?

He's not so great that he doesn't need a run game, dude. It's been proven time and again and it's not because our O Line didn't block well or because Ridley stinks or whatever other excuse or resident BBWs come up with in the excuse Rolodex.

Just make it stop!  Get him under Center!  Period!  I formations!   Two TE sets!   A FB!  Motion!

Playaction!  For the love of god!

Unbelievable what you and worse, the BBWs like Babe, Pezzy, Mt Hurl and others will try to do to avoid literally saying:

"Tom Brady has to be better if we're are to win a SB".

How hard is it?  Just say it!

Rusty, they ran plenty against the Ravens and also against SF a few games earlier.  It didn't change things.  Last year pretty much proved that running more wasn't the answer.  

Go look at the play-by-play in the SF game.  The drives where they tried to run the ball ended in disasters . . . fumbles, punts, nothing.  The only think that worked was hurry up.  

Here's how they started the game, trying to establish the run just like you want:

New England Patriots at 15:00, (1st play from scrimmage 14:53)

1-10-NE 15 (14:53) T.Brady pass short left to B.Lloyd to NE 22 for 7 yards (T.Brown).

(14:33) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Ridley right tackle to NE 24 for 2 yards (C.Rogers). FUMBLES (C.Rogers), RECOVERED by SF-N.Bowman at

NE 19. N.Bowman to NE 17 for 2 yards.

The Replay Assistant challenged the fumble ruling, and the play was REVERSED.

(No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Ridley right tackle to NE 24 for 2 yards (C.Rogers).

2-3-NE 22

3-1-NE 24 (14:15) S.Ridley left guard to NE 22 for -2 yards (N.Bowman).

4-3-NE 22 (13:46) Z.Mesko punts 49 yards to SF 29, Center-D.Aiken. T.Ginn to SF 37 for 8 yards (M.Slater).

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55726/NE_Gamebook.pdf

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

How is an athlete who plays poorly or in subpar fashion, over a period of time, "bs"?

What's funny and BS is that you have to outright lie to make a point.  Could it be that the truth doesn't support your agenda?  Yes, I think so.

Here's something that is not a lie.

BB, only drafting 10 starters 15% (some of who wouldn't start on a sucky team), out of the most picks over a 6 year period, is not good.  Only the bottom feeder RAMs are worse. 

FACT and TRUTH.   See how that works?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

TB apologist. Two words put together unnecessarily. We really shouldn't have to defend Tom Brady especially on a Patriots board. He truly is the least of our worries.

Exactly.  It's not that Brady is perfect, but this idea that every postseason defeat is his fault and pretty much his alone is absurd.  There's a small grain of truth in Rusty's arguments, as the Pats' pass-dependent offense can become one-dimensional, but Rusty blows it out of all proportion, painting a completely warped picture of Brady as some kind of petulant child who insists on running nearly every play out of the shotgun, who only wants to pass the ball, who is fixated on one or two "binky" receivers, and who is apparently completely out of the control of his coaches.  This makes absolutely no sense.  The reality is the Pats depend so heavily on Brady and short timing patterns because that's what they are good at.  Other things don't produce nearly as effectively for them, and given the general unreliability of the defense, they need to be as productive as possible.  The team's hopes of winning a championship will be advanced by improving the defense and getting more diverse weapons on offense.  Once those things happen, then taking Brady out of the shotgun, running the ball more, and doing more with passes other than short timing patterns becomes feasible.  But without the right weapons and with a leaky defense, the Pats have pursued a strategy that puts a ton of pressure on Brady to be perfect. Against the best defenses, that's maybe too high an expectation.  But getting away from the team's strengths and trying to win some other way is not necessarily a better strategy.  In fact, that approach almost always fails.  As Donald Rumsfeld famously said, you go to battle with the army you have. Designing a strategy around an army you don't have is a prescription for almost certain defeat. 

I really don't want to be lumped in with certain posters.  I'd like to think I am giving my opinion and not someone else's or siding with this person or that person.

Alot of what you said in this post and the previous one is pretty much true for any QB  whether it's a one of Brady's caliber or a Sanchez ( Ok, well maybe not Sanchez.  I'm not sure he should be in the NFL at all) but yes they ALL need good players around them.  

The Pats defense is getting better I think and has played up to or beyond expectations in the playoffs.  That dosen't mean they have been great.  Just saying.

I think Special Teams need to get much better.  The last SB Ghost couldn't even get a touchback.  Hopefully Washington or someone else is the kick returner they need and Edelman stays healthy to return punts.  That should help greatly with field position.

So the bottom line of my post is No, I don't blame it all on Brady and I know that his game is the least of the teams problems but I do think his play needs to be better in those games.  He's the guy everyone is counting on.  He used to be the Joe Cool of this era. Remember when they would say,  you don't want the ball in Brady's hands with 2 minutes or less when the Pats needed a score to win or tie the game?  I'm not sure he carries that mystique any more.

I also have no idea whether he has total autonomy when he's running the offense and how much of an influence he has in the game plan.  So I can't say that he prefers the shotgun spread to being under center or not.  I will never make such an assumption that I have absolutely no inside info on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

How is an athlete who plays poorly or in subpar fashion, over a period of time, "bs"?

What's funny and BS is that you have to outright lie to make a point.  Could it be that the truth doesn't support your agenda?  Yes, I think so.

BB, only drafting 10 starters 15% (some of who wouldn't start on a sucky team), out of the most picks over a 6 year period, is not good.  Only the bottom feeder RAMs are worse. 

Actually, no, no one sees how that works, because in the AFC since 2010, no GM has had a better yield of talent drafted and developed than BB.

Name one team that has essenitally put on clinics with rookies coming right in like this and playing so well right away.

There is no one in our division. The AFC South has Houston, but even they haven't drafted better overall.

Name the team.

I see a pretty boy QB who is married to a super model who thinks he is absolved from criticism or accountability by many of our dorky fanboy fans like yourself.

That's what I see. 

Leave it to you to pretend any player he's drafted here since 2010 somehow has a serious effect on YEARS and YEARS of Tom Brady forgetting how to manage a game or make good decisions with the ball in his hands.

lmao

Unbelieveable.

There is an Ike and Tina song called Nutbush City Limits. You're Nutjob City Limits and you're the mayor of the city.

Ummm, I'm talking since 2006 which is 7 years ago, with extremely poor results in 06-09 which consequently yielded poor players.  EXTREMELY!  Yes, those poor results hurt the TEAM!

How many of those talented players, "cough, cough" even had their rookie contracts extended?  How many out of the league or starting for another team?  WHERE is all this talent you speak of?

Can you see anything other than delusions and lies?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

With regards to BJGE, if we did ride HIM and not Woodhead in the last 3 or 4 drives in the second half, we win the SB.

Is this another of the "facts" you like to dazzle us with meathead?

I didn't say it was a fact.

Thanks for clearing that up goofy. Because that looked every bit like the things you are always claiming as fact.

Maybe you need to read better or stop being so insecure as you follow me around the board, Mr. Diapers?

Nobody is following you around fool. But since you post stupidity in every single thread many are apt to cross your path and body slam you with reality.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nah. I think Romo is wildly overpaid and overrated. I just don't want Brady playing like Romo in the postseason anymore.

Pretty simple for everyone to understand, but you, apparently.

"Everyone"??? Right bonehead. It is universally held that Brady is at fault for our post-season woes. Did "the voices" tell you that nutjob? Because I hate to break it to you, but "the voices" aren't "everyone".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Here is a case where statistics lie.  It doesn't take into consideration the quality of the starters that are already on the team. The reason the Rams are considered a bottom feeder is because of their record. Because of that record, they should be looking to replace a large percentage of their starters. The Pats, on the other hand, have the best record in the NFL over that same time period and should not be trying to replace a large percentage of their starters.  FACT and TRUTH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Some of our fans should pretend what it's like to be a fan of a team like that before saying something incredibly stupid here.

8 TDs and 9 INTs in 3 AFC title games at home is horrendous. Cutler, Romo, you name it. It's terrible.

Cherry pick much?

I already explained to you wackjob that Brady throws INTs LESS OFTEN than Montana did in the playoffs.

Is this too hard for you to grasp dumbkoff?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not a Brady basher or troll or whatever, but I'm not happy with his play in big games against good defenses either.  

Well guess what? Let's say he isn't going to play any better than he has.

Then, I'm pretty damned sure this blob of MEDIOCRITY BB has surrounded him with isn't going to step up and fill the gap. LMAO

So Brady plays badly in the playoffs for 2-3 more years. No rings. The team sinks into so-so land after he's gone. You never see another ring for the rest of your life.

Happy now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't care how you look at those numbers and what you think about the Defense but those aren't good any way you look at 'em. 

Most football fans in general would probably never believe that they belong to Brady but unfortunately we know better.

I hope this trend does not continue.

Want to know why this looks so bad? ?

Well, it's because it's TOTAL BS!

Do you really know better or are you taking the tainted word of a troll?

I really suggest people start checking crusty's so called facts as I have done long ago.

Truth is TB has 8 picks in all his AFCC games @ home TOTAL (all 5 AFcc games @ home).

Seems it's pretty impossible to have 9 in 3 games when he has 8 total.

Three of them were in the 2009 game against the ravens when the D put him in a 33 point hole.  LOL, 2 more Against the Raven and also in a 2 TD HOLE!

If you don't see the intention of this troll, than I feel sorry for you.

Even if it were true, and  it's not, it's very obvious he cherry picks the worst games of the guys career and uses them as a standard.  I think you would find similar results if you checked Montana's 3 worst games. 

Why does he leave out the title games since 2006 where his TD/int ratio is 18/5?  (3.6:1)

Answer:  Brady bashing troll.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Just another pathetic attempt at TB bashing.

Feel free to check out the FACTS for yourself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog//

There is no question that you are gay and are in love with Brady.

Perfect example of the intelligent content you provide here - day in, day out.

Hard to believe they have only banned you 20+ times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Every team in the league knows the recipe for stopping the Pats offense, but very few teams have the ingredients it requires.  Basically, you cover two of the Pats receivers man-to-man with your corners, keep at least one safety close to the LOS, play zone in the middle of the field, focus on a strong four-man pass rush (often with lots of stunting), and show a lot of blitzes, but blitz only rarely (do a great job of diguising who's coming and who's dropping). Such a defense is designed to cover both the run and the short inside-the-hash pass (the strength of the Pats offense) and to disrupt Brady's timing.  It works not so much because Brady is bad but because we don't have receiving threats who can force the defense back and outside.  With Gronk in, it's less successful because he's so hard to cover and he blocks so well, but with Gronk out it can be devastatingly effective. 

But you need really good defensive players to pull it off. 

Dude, 80-90% of playoff Ds have the ability!  That's the point!  Why does Brady keep racing to get to the shotgun spread before we establish a run with him under center?

Why?

Because BB can't control him! He stands by helplessly while Brady does whatever he likes! Poor BB! Moron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

TB apologist. Two words put together unnecessarily. We really shouldn't have to defend Tom Brady especially on a Patriots board. He truly is the least of our worries.

LOL. Yeah. You would think anybody who obsessively slams our HOF QB in every thread he posts in would be a jets troll.

It absolutely astonishes me that actual Pats fans would let this cretin run amok like this without handing him his azz on a platter. Disgraceful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm not a Brady basher or troll or whatever, but I'm not happy with his play in big games against good defenses either.  

Well guess what? Let's say he isn't going to play any better than he has.

Then, I'm pretty damned sure this blob of MEDIOCRITY BB has surrounded him with isn't going to step up and fill the gap. LMAO

So Brady plays badly in the playoffs for 2-3 more years. No rings. The team sinks into so-so land after he's gone. You never see another ring for the rest of your life.

Happy now?

I thought he was the GOAT.

Or it's only the players around him that made him so great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Here is a case where statistics lie.  It doesn't take into consideration the quality of the starters that are already on the team. The reason the Rams are considered a bottom feeder is because of their record. Because of that record, they should be looking to replace a large percentage of their starters. The Pats, on the other hand, have the best record in the NFL over that same time period and should not be trying to replace a large percentage of their starters.  FACT and TRUTH

NOT FACT or TRUTH at all.  The 2007 squad had all but 3 starters replaced.  That's 19 open positions right there for starters.  Of the 2006 draft picks only Ghost was on the team and not included in O & D starters.   Oh and Maroney, LOL.  I am not even including 2006 where there was an obvious need to replace starters and where the Stats began.

Some of those starters were replaced multiple times.  Many to replace those BUSTS.

Who of this list of draft picks were considered good or better starters?  I'm not even talking about pro bowlers but equal to or better players than those replaced.  (isn't that the point? To improve the team?) Where are the obvious upgrades?  How many had their rookie contracts extended other than the original 3 who weren't replaced.  Sorry, I see a ton of starter spots open, just not a lot of talent to fill them.  Better in the last few years, but over-all poor prior to that.  The FACTS and Stats don't lie.  Looking at them all together is pretty ugly!

handler Jones  Syracuse  from CIN 1.25 LB   Dont'a Hightower  Alabama  from DEN 2.16 DB   Tavon Wilson  Illinois  from OAK 3.27 DL   Jake Bequette  Arkansas  from GB 6.27 DB   Nate Ebner  Ohio State  from GB 7.17 DB   Alfonzo Dennard  Nebraska  from NYJ through GB 7.28 WR   Jeremy Ebert  Northwestern  from GB   2011 1.17 OL  Nate Solder  Colorado  from OAK (Richard Seymour) 2.01 DB   Ras-I Dowling  Virginia  from CAR 2.24 RB   Shane Vereen  California  from NO 3.09 RB   Stevan Ridley  Louisiana State  from HOU 3.10 QB   Ryan Mallett  Arkansas  from MIN 5.07 OL  Marcus Cannon  Texas Christian  from HOU 5.28 TE   Lee Smith  Marshall    6.29 LB   Markell Carter  Central Arkansas  from NYJ through PHI 7.16 DB   Malcolm Williams  Texas Christian  from OAK   2010 1.27 DB   Devin McCourty  Rutgers  from DAL 2.10 TE   Rob Gronkowski  Arizona  from CHI through TB and OAK 2.21 DL   Jermaine Cunningham  Florida    2.30 LB   Brandon Spikes  Florida  from MIN through HOU 3.26 WR   Taylor Price  Ohio  from DAL 4.15 TE   Aaron Hernandez  Florida  from SF through DEN 5.19 P  Zoltan Mesko  Michigan  from HOU 6.36 OL  Ted Larsen  North Carolina State  Compensatory Pick 7.01 OL  Thomas Welch  Vanderbilt  from STL through WAS 7.40 DL   Brandon Deaderick  Alabama  Compensatory Pick 7.41 DL   Kade Weston  Georgia  Compensatory Pick 7.43 QB   Zac Robinson  Oklahoma State  Compensatory Pick   2009 2.02 DB   Patrick Chung  Oregon  from KC 2.08 DL   Ron Brace  Boston College  from OAK 2.09 DB   Darius Butler  Connecticut  from GB 2.26 OL  Sebastian Vollmer  Houston    3.19 WR   Brandon Tate  North Carolina  from NYJ through GB 3.33 LB   Tyrone McKenzie  South Florida  compensatory pick 4.23 OL  Rich Ohrnberger  Penn State  from BAL 5.34 OL  George Bussey  Louisville  compensatory pick 6.25 LS  Jake Ingram  Hawaii  from BAL 6.34 DL   Myron Pryor  Kentucky  compensatory pick 7.23 WR   Julian Edelman  Kent State  from MIA through JAC 7.25 DL   Darryl Richard  Georgia Tech      2008 1.10 LB   Jerod Mayo  Tennessee  from NO 2.31 DB   Terrence Wheatley  Colorado    3.15 LB   Shawn Crable  Michigan  from NO 3.31 QB   Kevin O'Connell  San Diego State    4.30 DB   Jonathan Wilhite  Auburn    5.18 WR   Matt Slater  UCLA  from TB 6.31 LB   Bo Ruud  Nebraska      2007 1.24 DB   Brandon Meriweather  Miami  from SEA 4.28 DL   Kareem Brown  Miami    5.34 OL  Clint Oldenburg  Colorado State  compensatory pick 6.06 LB   Justin Rogers  Southern Methodist  from ARI 6.28 DB   Mike Richardson  Notre Dame    6.34 RB   Justise Hairston  Central Connecticut  compensatory pick 6.35 OL  Corey Hilliard  Oklahoma State  compensatory pick 7.01 LB   Oscar Lua  Southern California  from OAK 7.37 OL  Mike Elgin  Iowa  compensatory pick   2006 1.21 RB   Laurence Maroney

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

LOL. Yeah. You would think anybody who obsessively slams our HOF QB in every thread he posts in would be a jets troll.

It absolutely astonishes me that actual Pats fans would let this cretin run amok like this without handing him his azz on a platter. Disgraceful.

You need to calm down or go back into yet another retirement.

You're gonna stoke out. 

We get it.  Brady is the greatest and everyone around him is mediocre. 

BB is just an average GM.

No one is a real fan unless they worship at the altar of Tom.

Oh, and he's not "our" HOF QB.  He is the New England Patriots HOF QB.  Last I checked none of us are on the team.

You're not bi-polar by any chance are you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

The real question about BB's drafting should of course be how many of the teams' actual starters they themselves drafted. If this has been covered on one of the previous pages, I'm sorry. I jumped to the last page to bypass the Brady debate.

But by my count, 14 of 22 projected starters on O and D were drafted by the team, one starter (Connolly) was undrafted, and one spot is uncertain (#2 WR), but could be filled by a draft choice.

By comparison the Ravens, widely regarded as good drafters, also drafted 14 of 22 projected starters. The 49'ers 15 of 22.

Considering that the Pats over the last decade must have had the worst draft position on average, or the least total "draft-value", I really don't see the problem. No, they haven't drafted a WR of note since Branch, and the pass rush from the edges continues to be a problem. Yes.

But they ARE drafting core guys, and doing so with less draft ammo than anybody.

And what they do better than most anybody else is walking away from players who don't work out. I don't think it is a criterium for success to have drafted many starters if those starters don't pan out. Consider the joke that is the starting QB for the Jets. I think a lot of coaches and GMs are afraid to admit to failure, and thus hang on to players too long. Not so with the Pats. If you don't produce you're out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

The real question about BB's drafting should of course be how many of the teams' actual starters they themselves drafted. If this has been covered on one of the previous pages, I'm sorry. I jumped to the last page to bypass the Brady debate.

But by my count, 14 of 22 projected starters on O and D were drafted by the team, one starter (Connolly) was undrafted, and one spot is uncertain (#2 WR), but could be filled by a draft choice.

By comparison the Ravens, widely regarded as good drafters, also drafted 14 of 22 projected starters. The 49'ers 15 of 22.

Considering that the Pats over the last decade must have had the worst draft position on average, or the least total "draft-value", I really don't see the problem. No, they haven't drafted a WR of note since Branch, and the pass rush from the edges continues to be a problem. Yes.

But they ARE drafting core guys, and doing so with less draft ammo than anybody.

And what they do better than most anybody else is walking away from players who don't work out. I don't think it is a criterium for success to have drafted many starters if those starters don't pan out. Consider the joke that is the starting QB for the Jets. I think a lot of coaches and GMs are afraid to admit to failure, and thus hang on to players too long. Not so with the Pats. If you don't produce you're out.

You have to look at quality of starters too and review starters over several years to do a really sound analysis, but this seems to confirm the notion that BB is equal to other top GMs but not clearly better.  (Balt, by the way, has finished fairly high too most seasons since they won the Super Bowl in 2000.  Not quite as consistently high as the Pats, but close.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Absolute dumbest stuff I've ever read...the guy should be embarrassed to think of himself as not only a football fan, but a Patriot fan. Disgusting.

The guy has literally tossed games away due to horrendous decisions or has been bailed by the D to eek out those games!

^^Wow, I mean just wow!

When the D can't bail out his Cutleresque play, you morons run in here to blame the D immediately.

^^Now he is comparing Brady to Cutler? Amazing, stuff!

This goes back to 2006! Brady didn't turn it over all game, but what did the offense do to move the ball or eat clock in the 2nd half? NOTHING!

^^He goes back 7 years and says Brady hasn't been able to move the ball.

Thank god Ellis Hobbs ran it back 80 yards, huh? lmao

^^Now another one of our 5'7" cornerbacks are the reason why we win...typical rusty speak.

The 2007 AFC title was almost an outright collapse due to our offense, not the D. The game was hanging in the balance in the 4th and LT was channeling a 10 year old girl on the bench and Phillip Rivers was on one leg.

Our D, that supossedly won that game for us was facing an offense without their lead back, and a QB on one leg. Yet the win/almost loss was Brady's fault? I mean this very team's defense had just shut down and beat the Colts with Manning the week before....their defense was pretty good.

Thanks Laura Maroney! 25 carries 122 yards, If not for that and the keys taken from Brady in the 4th, we might lose that game and not even get to SB 42!

^^This is what this dope wants...a running game and when it happens he blames Brady for not putting up the very stats he bashes him for.

It's 2013.

HIs best games have come with playaction and a run game. Jax in 2007, divisionals, 2012 vs Houston with playaction also set up from the establishment of the run.

^^I like how he credits playaction (when it was used maybe four times in both instances) against dumb dumb dumb (and in the case of Jax, poor deffense). Like that was going to work against a smart and talented Raven's D? Now he is a better coach than Belichick!

For the love of god, all we need is a run game in the AFC title game and the SB and we win the whole freaking thing, but Tommy wants to pass.

^^Yeah watching BJGE fall over his own damn feet while trying to "run" was going to win us a Super Bowl. Or watching Ridley get knocked into Aruba while trying to run straight up in the teeth of Baltimore's defense was going to march us to the promised land! LMAO!

Super!

Let's keep losing games over and over due to our QB preferring to pass a lot. Ugh.

^^Like the best GM and coach of all time is letting Brady ruin his legacy. Bawahahha!

John Elway used to do that too and lost 3 SBs and many playoff games for that same reason. Then, he wins two in a row....WHy? Gee! I am confused!

^^Elway lost all those Super Bowls - before finally winning two - because he had no DEFENSE or RUnning game...just like Tom does now. It's the same thing...one guy trying to keep his team afloat...most of the world sees this. Not Rusty.

I could give two squirts about Brady and his pretty legacy. He's got PLENTY of blemishes on it now, I'll tell you that.

^^The guy calls himself a fan and bashes the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise, coach and owner...fans too.

We'll be waiting on Brady in January. Again. It's that simple. And, I'll be here to remind you of it too.

^^Without Brady you won't have to worry about waiting till January...this team is not built to get out of October without him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

You have to look at quality of starters too and review starters over several years to do a really sound analysis, but this seems to confirm the notion that BB is equal to other top GMs but not clearly better.  (Balt, by the way, has finished fairly high too most seasons since they won the Super Bowl in 2000.  Not quite as consistently high as the Pats, but close.)

I agree. But to turn the argument around a bit, I would say that going to the AFCCG speaks well to the general quality of starters. And yes, the Ravens also have finished high in the last decade, so they have the same handicap when drafting.

My point about the Ravens, however, would be that they are considered to be good at drafting by some who bash the Patriots.

The (drafted) starters can be placed in three groups: long timers, the 3-4 year group, and the newcomers.

Old timers: Brady, Mankins, Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo.

3-4 years: Gronk, Hernandez, and DMC.

The new guys: Solder, Ridley, Jones, Hightower, Dennard

Of all the guys with at least 3 years in the system I cannot point to guys who are not legitimate starters. Yes, some of the other elite teams can show a better player on this or that position, but in general these are some of the best players in the league.

Of the new guys I would say that Solder is a lock for years to come, and that the sky is the limit for Jones. Ridley is clearly starter materiel, though he is not the next AP. Hightower and Dennard, I don't know yet.