2009 free agency who ends up where?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2009

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there is a nice list here.even if we dont get any big names in the first wave there are many good players that could excel with the pats.

andre davis the LB from cleveland,or channing crowder from miami.maybe LJ smith the TE from philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEfreak. Show NEfreak's posts

God, Crowder is an a-hole, although undeniably feisty...Honestly, I would love to see Brian Dawkins here for a couple of years in a Rodney-like tone setting role..That guy still brings it and then some every week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Kyle Orton re-signed. Does this take Chicago off the list of potential Cassel trading partners ? I agree in one sense MOSSEFFECT; I do think the Pats will go after mid-range or lower-tiered FAs. I think something big (eg: Cassel trade) would have to happen for the Pats to go after a big name FA. I mentioned players like Dunta Robinson or Chris Gamble for the secondary. I keep mentioning Dawan Landry because 1) The Pats need help in the secondary 2) He is two years removed from a pro-bowl season 3) The Ravens will have to let one of their FAs go and I doubt it will be Suggs, Lewis or Scott (if they can help it) 4) Landry makes a great reclaimtion project 5) the Ravens ( a great D) have depth in their secondary (why not steal from the rich). Landry's health is a concern so make darn sure you work him out and he passes the physical.

I have no problems with L J Smith or Andre Davis. Crowder could be chemistry problem (cf: Pats O Line). It's all about the cap and the money; I want the Pats to be able to re-sign Seymour and Wilfork and the rooks in 09 and 10.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The rumor is that Suggs is trying to get a hometeam discount from Lewis and Scott to keep the defensive crew together.

So I am starting to think they won't "really" be available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]The rumor is that Suggs is trying to get a hometeam discount from Lewis and Scott to keep the defensive crew together.

So I am starting to think they won't "really" be available.[/Quote]

Let them stay together. They're the most overrated lot in football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]
    Kyle Orton re-signed. Does this take Chicago off the list of potential Cassel trading partners ? I agree in one sense MOSSEFFECT; I do think the Pats will go after mid-range or lower-tiered FAs. I think something big (eg: Cassel trade) would have to happen for the Pats to go after a big name FA. I mentioned players like Dunta Robinson or Chris Gamble for the secondary. I keep mentioning Dawan Landry because 1) The Pats need help in the secondary 2) He is two years removed from a pro-bowl season 3) The Ravens will have to let one of their FAs go and I doubt it will be Suggs, Lewis or Scott (if they can help it) 4) Landry makes a great reclaimtion project 5) the Ravens ( a great D) have depth in their secondary (why not steal from the rich). Landry's health is a concern so make darn sure you work him out and he passes the physical.

I have no problems with L J Smith or Andre Davis. Crowder could be chemistry problem (cf: Pats O Line). It's all about the cap and the money; I want the Pats to be able to re-sign Seymour and Wilfork and the rooks in 09 and 10.
    [/Quote]i think the crowder thing was just the heat of the moment.but boy to see him,and mayo together sure sounds good,and gamble,or landry would be great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/110115-the-free-agent-the-new-england-patriots-need

here is a player that could help our secondary,and may not cost a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Atogwe is a good player, and is more flexible in run support than most assume.

I actually agree with that article and assume that NE is going to do whatever it takes to improve the pass defense. CB, FS, pass rush, whatever. All of those areas need improvement.

All in all, if they could shift Cassel in time, he could be a solid pickup. And like that article says, add another playmaker to the fold. Moreover, he could be very cost effective as most FA safeties don't command the dollars that CBs and DL do. Something between $5 and $7 million should do the trick.

The problem is that he will probably be franchised before he can make to the open market. So despite how much people want him here he is likely not an option.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Moss, it's way to hard to say for certain who the Pats will pickup this offseason, some years they have raided the market, others not much happens at all. As far as Channing Crowder being an a-hole(other poster's comments), I wouldn't mind the Pats making a move for him, the guy was a big part of the phins D, and their an up and coming division rival.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

hey grogan-the pats are known to pick-up ex-dolphins.who knows,plus rumor has it they are intreasted in chris canty,but depending on our cap situation,we probably wont hear anything on who the pats bring in until the second,or third week of free agency. zb- you are probably right about atogwe there are a lot of great names out there,but a lot of old ones which might be our guys,and signed to one year deals.for 2010 the pats have 22 players to choose from ,and have to decide who they can keep.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1151896&format=text

Another possibility,but I look for the texans to franchise him also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dunta? There is no way they franchise him. Why would they pay him that much money. Last season was rocky for the kid.

He is a discount player who will be available, and has upside based on what he did the last couple seasons. The only rumor I have heard is that he actually wanted to stay in Houston so my guess is that is looking for a deal there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=2&c=841373&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnwe.scout.com%2f2%2f841373.html%3frefid%3d400

yes he is up there in age,but could be a nice addition.im hearing the falcons are gonna try and get him re-signed,but in the open market,he is fair game.plus look to see a lot more cuts this week leading up to fridays freeagency.before its all said,and done there could be some more intreasting names available.maybe the pats can get some of our older players to redo there contracts to free up some space.I wish anyways.
    this one could be one of the ones this week.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/22/report-harrison-not-interested-in-taking-a-pay-cut/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/24/report-haynesworth-to-the-skins/

i would like to know how a team that is 6-million over the cap can sign this guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I hate the Redskins and Raiders. They continue to drive free agent prices through the roof. Haynesworth is a good player, top three even. But that price tag is simply too much. How do they get away with it?

And the Asomugha contract is a sin.

The worst part is that these loser franchises make it harder on responsible teams to keep their players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

zb-and then the kicker is they turnaround and release them the following year.not only do they overpay no-name players,or players that are average at best.like you said it drives up the prices on the sure bet names.look at that DT they gave a huge contract to last season.he is a nobody.now we are seeing hanesworth seeking 100-million contract.and i know wilfork will want big money also.because of oakland.just the minimum price on DT,s,and Corners will be crazy,and by the time both sides comes to an agreement it may be to rich for some teams.