2010 cap space,and resignings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

2010 cap space,and resignings

next year with all the players the pats will have with contracts up.the pats will be over the cap.unless there are contracts that are re-done,or players let go,or traded the pats wont be able to do much,if anything.the cap room limit is like 127 million.and next year the total after the contracts that are up will be at 132 million.even tagging a player could be out of the question.a no cap year might be the only help.and the years after that,dosent get better.

http://patscap.com/futureyears.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: 2010 cap space,and resignings

The pats are under by 47 million if I am reading that page correctly.

That, of course, doesn't count resigning Sey, Fork, Mankins, and a host of other players.

The "big three" alone could cost in the neighborhood of $27 million. Then you add almost three for keeping Kaczur on. If they resign Neal then you add that back in, but I doubt they resign Neal, unless all of their interior young'ens stink.

And it also doesn't factor in cutable vets like Taylor and a few others (Sanders, Springs) who could shave a little off if they aren't earning their keep. And it doesn't count the cut of Devree which frees up a half million.

It also  isn't an adjusted cap-- the adjusted cap is likely to come up 5-10 million. And it also isn't a hard cap value. For 132 to be the actual cap all sides would have to agree to status quo, and that isn't going to happen one way or the other.

In all likelyhood, it is larger than that. Ne will have space.

There isn't anything terrifying in those numbers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it says projected cap at 132 million.the cap is 127 million.but how it really works is beyond me.im not sure what the underage/overage is,but thats where the 47 million comes in.it is confuseing.but like you said as long as they have room its a good thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The cap this year is actually higher if you count adjustments. the adjustments come from bonuses and the like which they can write off aginast the next year's cap. I don't pretend to follow it at that level, but I do wait until the adjusted cap figures arrive.

For instance, the cap this year is 127.7. But the Pats have an adjusted cap of almost 130, and that is a lean year.

So the number is going to come up.

Also, i think the cap figure will come up after they reach an agreement. In order to get the NFLPA back on board with a cap at all, once the owners let it go, they are going to have to give up some more space.

I would be shocked if the cap is 132 next season. Most likely, there will be no cap at this point. And when it comes back, you can add a few digits to the figures on Miguel's page.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

There isn't going to be adjusted cap next year if we do have a cap next season. There also won't be any dead money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Wow, that page is very reassuring!  $47M under the cap, if there even is a cap!  And Mankins, Ghost and O'Callaghan, $h!t, even Dave Thomas, are restricted free agents!  This is going to be a monster off-season.  2007 will pale in comparison.  We might go undefeated in 2010 and 2011. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Pats have a huge offseason in 2010 - there is no question about it.  I think that all goes back to this past draft and how it will determine the next 5 - 7 years off this team.  They really added some depth to receiver, offensive and defensive lines respectively but there are going to be a lot of holes to fill quickly.

They're coming off of, prior to this past year, three horrible drafts.  I can't think of more than two or three guys who have really developed into sturdy players.  There is something to be said for picking up guys in later rounds that end up making the team but there is also something to be said for guys like Maroney and Jackson who you pick up in rounds 1 and 2 and play more like draftees from rounds 3 and 7.  The fact that he's the fifth corner doesn't speak well for last years 2nd round pick - Terrence Wheatley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i know it looks like the pats have 47 million in cap space,but i dont think it is.i wish.with that kind of cap room,they could lock up every player who,s contract will be up.but every news outlet is saying the pats wont be able to keep them all,and that some key players will be lost.so you have to wonder what will the cap be?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No one is evene mentioning that Kevin Faulks contract is up this year and how nice it would be to resign him. I consider him the "Troy Brown" of this football team now that the reakl Troy Brown is gone. He should and I hope he does retire a Pat. He is teh best 3rd down RB in all of the NFL. The Saints draft a guy like Reggie Bush in hopes that he will be a good 3rd down RB and he cant even hold Faulks jock strape. We need to resign him next year and Ghost and a lot of teh other low priority signings. I would love to see us resign Wilfork and Mankins and even Seymore if we can but if someone has to go I think Seymore will be the guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Seymour should be the number one priority.  Forget about Wilfork.  Wilfork is a 2 down run stuffer.  Seymour is a 3 down run stuffer and pass rusher, and a hall of fame one at that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The problem is we want to resign all these guys. No one is saying they dont want Seymore they are just saying they think Wilfork and Mankins are higher prioritys then Seymore. Seymore already got his big pay day and Wilfork has not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 cap space,and resignings:
    [QUOTE]Seymour should be the number one priority.  Forget about Wilfork.  Wilfork is a 2 down run stuffer.  Seymour is a 3 down run stuffer and pass rusher, and a hall of fame one at that. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Seymour is a freak of nature and was still our best defensive player last year and still commands the double!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He gets double teamed on every play and you cant replace that. He has been a starter since he was drafted and we all love him. But if he wants another big contract he needs to go. you dont get two big pay days in NE and its just that simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

We also have to keep in mind that Brady's contract also expires after 2010. Need to make sure we clear up some extra room for signing him for the rest of his career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 cap space,and resignings:
    [QUOTE]He gets double teamed on every play and you cant replace that. He has been a starter since he was drafted and we all love him. But if he wants another big contract he needs to go. you dont get two big pay days in NE and its just that simple.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Why not?  Who cares how many contracts he goes through?  If he can still play D-Line at an elite level (he did in 2008), keep giving him contracts until he retires.  BB doesn't care about giving players turns, he cares about getting the best players for this football team.  And after Tom Brady that is hands down Richard Seymour.