2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

#22 Demaryius Thomas WR 6'3" 224- Only true knock on this kid is his route running because of GT's offense.  He has strong hands, size and speed.  I know the Pats have not picked a WR in the 1st since Terry Glenn? but this kid gives them a #2 and a #1 after moss leaves.
    #44 Jahvid Best RB 5'10" 200 he can run between the tackles, take it outside, be a KR.  He can do it all, will give the Pats a weapon in the running game and passing game.  Will learn from Faulk and Taylor this year.
    #48 Rodger Saffold OT 6'5" 316With Light on his last year and Katzur not playing at a high level Saffold is the RT of the future
    #53 Lamarr Houston DE 6'3"305 he adds a starter to the DL, he will add a pass rusher from the DE spot while setting the edge against the run.
    #120 Andre Roberts WR 5'11"need depth at WR, he will man the slot spot opposite Edelman and WW (once he's back) high character kid, military school.  BB loves military school guys.  Great route runner and speed to match.
    #193 Daniel Te'O Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 can't get away from this guy and a 6th rounder might not get it done.  Will be able to help in the pass rush.
    #205 (comp) Scott Sicko TE/FB 6'4" 250 The Pats were the only ones there at his pro day but the secret is out, 4.53 50 22 reps at 225.  he's not been scheduled for visits around the league.  Hope he does fall into the Pats in the 6th, very nice option at TE and FB. 2009, 57 catches 725 yards and 9 TDs
    #233 Dexter Davis OLB 6'2" 252 One of the most accomplished defensive players in Arizona State history.  Can play inside or outside.
    #235 Jameson Konz FB/RB/WR/TE/HB 6'4" 234After running a 4.43 and with all the different things he can do he might be more of a 5th rounder by draft day but this kidis too versatile to pass up.
    #247 (comp) Kevin Basped OLB 6'4" 258 solid player from Nevada, has good size and speed off the edge.  Conversion guy who will need to get experience at OLB.  Is good pass rusher and holds his ground against the run.
    #248 (comp) Ben Burney CB/S 5'11" 202 was projected an UDFA but with a strong showing at his pro day he should be drafted.  Ran a 4.38 and showed good ball skills on his drills.  At worse you get a KR/PR
    #250 (comp) Keiland Williams RB 5'11" 230 Runs well for his size, low 4.5s.  Will add a short yardage back.  Will need to be coached up, never lived to his full potential.  With the right coaching can be a steal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    #22 Demaryius Thomas WR 6'3" 224 - Only true knock on this kid is his route running because of GT's offense.  He has strong hands, size and speed.  I know the Pats have not picked a WR in the 1st since Terry Glenn? but this kid gives them a #2 and a #1 after moss leaves. #44 Jahvid Best RB 5'10" 200 he can run between the tackles, take it outside, be a KR.  He can do it all, will give the Pats a weapon in the running game and passing game.  Will learn from Faulk and Taylor this year. #48 Rodger Saffold OT 6'5" 316 With Light on his last year and Katzur not playing at a high level Saffold is the RT of the future #53 Lamarr Houston DE 6'3"305  he adds a starter to the DL, he will add a pass rusher from the DE spot while setting the edge against the run. #120 Andre Roberts WR 5'11" need depth at WR, he will man the slot spot opposite Edelman and WW (once he's back) high character kid, military school.  BB loves military school guys.  Great route runner and speed to match. #193 Daniel Te'O Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 can't get away from this guy and a 6th rounder might not get it done.  Will be able to help in the pass rush. #205 (comp) Scott Sicko TE/FB 6'4" 250 The Pats were the only ones there at his pro day but the secret is out, 4.53 50 22 reps at 225.  he's not been scheduled for visits around the league.  Hope he does fall into the Pats in the 6th, very nice option at TE and FB. 2009, 57 catches 725 yards and 9 TDs #233 Dexter Davis OLB 6'2" 252 One of the most accomplished defensive players in Arizona State history.  Can play inside or outside. #235 Jameson Konz FB/RB/WR/TE/HB 6'4" 234 After running a 4.43 and with all the different things he can do he might be more of a 5th rounder by draft day but this kidis too versatile to pass up. #247 (comp)   Kevin Basped OLB 6'4" 258 solid player from Nevada, has good size and speed off the edge.  Conversion guy who will need to get experience at OLB.  Is good pass rusher and holds his ground against the run. #248 (comp) Ben Burney CB/S 5'11" 202 was projected an UDFA but with a strong showing at his pro day he should be drafted.  Ran a 4.38 and showed good ball skills on his drills.  At worse you get a KR/PR #250 (comp) Keiland Williams RB 5'11" 230 Runs well for his size, low 4.5s.  Will add a short yardage back.  Will need to be coached up, never lived to his full potential.  With the right coaching can be a steal.
    Posted by Pats7393

WOW!!  That would be one heck of a solid draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Kraft hinted that things will heat up draft day then during the camps.  Maybe they know of a player who might get cut or have had discussions with GMs about draft day trades they might make based on certain players.  KC at 5 I mentioned before.  KC might want Thomas and an extra 2nd.  They owe us based on the sweetheart deal they were given last year.  I'd trade 22, 44 and Thomas to move up to 5 to land either McCoy or Suh.  One of them being there is seeming more likely than not right now if Bradford and Clausen go 1-4. Anyone have our final pick locations figured out yet?  If I'm not mistaken we reverse order with Cinci in Round 2, 4, and 6 meaning we are at 52, not 53.
    Posted by Faucetman

I looked for them only briefly earlier but didn't find them quickly and stomach was growling I will check later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Report: Chris Cook showed up to Pro Day out of shape http://bit.ly/cwrJzK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Wow Koppen just collected a nice fat $500,000 roster bonus this past Friday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Check out Kraft reminding folks to be patient and not sleep on one of their own.

"I think this young man Tate could surprise some people," Kraft said of last year's third-round pick

We can only hope

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

IOWA Pro Day results in a very good showing...

Offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga had a good day in positional drills and had 27 bench reps, but the star of the day was tight-end Tony Moeaki. Moeaki cut almost a full tenth off his combine 40-yard dash, lowering it to 4.62. He also had a 6.98 3-cone drill and 36.5 inches.

CB Amari Spievey might have improved on his combine 40 time(4.51), depending on who you ask. We've heard reports anywhere from 4.47 and 4.57.

The Iowa linebackers, Pat Angerer and AJ Edds (shown chasing down Jonathan Dwyer above), both improved their 40 times, running identical 4.63 times. Angerer showed off a 39.5" vertical, while Edds went for 36.5 inches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : The leap from 53 to 120 is huge !!! 67 players will be picked in that area. We have to do something... 4 picks in the first 53 players is Awsome !!! 1 pick in the middle 136 players is very POOR :( 7 picks in the last 59 players is good :) If somehow we deal back to the 3rd or 4th round using the 6th and two 7ths and A. Thomas and maybe Matt light or next year 2nd, this could be a great draft !
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

Exactly.  I guess we need to be studying players ranked from 190 to 250 and get really familiar with them because as you said, we could be getting 7 of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

As I've stated more than  few times previously many of my opinions of draft eligible players has been based have been based on scouting reports I have read.

I am finally getting to some videos on more players tonight.

I am watching a lot of the senior bowl clips and one thing that really jumps out at me is it's no wonder some players on the DL had big games.

Brandon Graham is a perfect example. So far he's tearing it up, against selvish Capers and Ciron Black. Ha! I should hope so. OK that tells me nothing much about Gaham though. Not sure he's enjoying that success against Long and Fergusen 4 times a year collectively.

I need to find some Michigan tape.

OK I need to get back to it.

Oh I also thought the film on Damian Williams I saw was very good but limited variety of opponents.

The one on Decker was so so. I did not think he looked that great and I thought he could have been called for offensive pass interference on at least a couple of his catches. Again I think it was all from one game so it wasn't much.

Blounts was much better than my expectations. He moves much better than the vision I had in my mind from reading about him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Was impressed with Kindles film. Real good motor, lot of passion, all over the place.

Looks to be a strong wirey guy.

Apparently a linebacker they moved to DE to fill the need.

Looks good to me.

Dunlap looked good also. Very deceiving at first it looks likes he's not moving fast or trying hard but I think its just that he so big and long all his movements are as well which look slow.

No one seem to get around the guy though. Excellent at containment cause of his length. Must have seen him knock down at least half a dozen or more passes including a punt with that wingspan of his. Almost always seemed to have at least two guys pass blocking him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

OMG Wooton is awful against the run. He puts his head down and just tries to barrel ahead. He has no idea where the play is and half the time the RB just runs right by him untouched cause the only thing he can apparently see is his own shoe laces.

I have no idea what he's thinking.

He is a good pass rusher. Looks strong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Wow Koppen just collected a nice fat $500,000 roster bonus this past Friday.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I guess we aren't looking to upgrade RT.  Vollmer must be staying at LT and taking over for Light after this year unless Light is dealt or cut.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Finally I get to see some D. Thomas. Yep definitely looks beastly.

Big boy amongst those weeny DB's.

Was nice to see a few blocking highlights in the reel too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I guess we aren't looking to upgrade RT.  Vollmer must be staying at LT and taking over for Light after this year unless Light is dealt or cut.
    Posted by Faucetman

I think you mean RT and yeah as of tonight it looks like that but who knows what will be by the end of draft day 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Can someone help me out with this question.  Can any picks be traded or are there some that can't be traded?  I'm thinking this came up last year...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Can someone help me out with this question.  Can any picks be traded or are there some that can't be traded?  I'm thinking this came up last year...
    Posted by Critter23

You can not trade compensatory picks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I think you mean RT and yeah as of tonight it looks like that but who knows what will be by the end of draft day 3.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I said RT.  ???  We were talking about Kaczur.

Anyway, good insightful feedback.  This is the problem I'm having with all the negative comments about Kindle's tape.  I agree he has some inmaturity issues but Mayock and the other draft gurus speak highly of his abilities and they certainly know more than me or most of us.  How can they be wrong and we are right?  I don't necessarily want a guy who got a concussion from smashing his car into an apartment building but hopefully someone takes him above us allowing other talent to slide.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I said RT.  ???  We were talking about Kaczur. Anyway, good insightful feedback.  This is the problem I'm having with all the negative comments about Kindle's tape.  I agree he has some inmaturity issues but Mayock and the other draft gurus speak highly of his abilities and they certainly know more than me or most of us.  How can they be wrong and we are right?  I don't necessarily want a guy who got a concussion from smashing his car into an apartment building but hopefully someone takes him above us allowing other talent to slide.
    Posted by Faucetman

"I guess we aren't looking to upgrade RT.  Vollmer must be staying at LT and taking over for Light after this year unless Light is dealt or cut."

Yeah just confusion on our part as I was meaning Vollmer not Kaczur. If they do not move Light I think Vollmer stays at RT and plays LT only against certain opponents. Same like last season. The best combo is Light at LT and Vollmer at RT even though Vollmer is probably a better LT than Light because Light is not a very good RT.

Things still could change though.

I was not sure I was following your other comments. Were they about Kindle? Were others saying kindle is not good? I thought he looked very good.

Was he the one that crashed the car into the building because he was sending someone a text message? I know that happened to someone but scouts said that is not a red flag of any sort because that's just one of those crazy dumb accidents that can happen to anyone. I don't know if that was Kindle or not. I can't remember what player it was now.

I mean that's dumb but its not a character thing really. If that was him AND the same incident I'm talking about?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

low,

I was saying I would not draft Kindle at 22, as I thought he was overrated, often compared to Orakpo, and I think they are 2 different players...

What I do like about Kindle is his speed and quickness for a guy his size. At the time I commented, I had not seen too much tape of him against the run, but like you all, I've been rewatching game tape and now think Kindle can actually play the run pretty well. 

I still don't think he is a 22 guy however....i would probably have him in the 25-35 range, but perhaps that is nitpicking....

What's interesting is he compares physically to McClain...in terms of height/weight...they are almost identical...but I think KIndle is actually faster...I know they play different positions...

Kindle could be an interesting pick for the Pats....I'm struggling now with when....I want a DE early...but looking at draft depth, I think a quality DE can be had in the 2nd if we don't move up/or keep our 2nds in tact. Someone like everyone has suggested in Alualu, Carrington, Houston, Wooten (although I'm not high on)Wooten)....
    Perhaps we make this a Texas year, pick Kindle with 22, and Houston in 2nd....package some picks together, move back up very late in Round 1, or possibly early in Round 2 and grab mbealiue's man GTate, or hang in there and pick up DWIlliams....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

Was impressed with Kindles film. Real good motor, lot of passion, all over the place. Looks to be a strong wirey guy. Apparently a linebacker they moved to DE to fill the need. Looks good to me. Dunlap looked good also. Very deceiving at first it looks likes he's not moving fast or trying hard but I think its just that he so big and long all his movements are as well which look slow. No one seem to get around the guy though. Excellent at containment cause of his length. Must have seen him knock down at least half a dozen or more passes including a punt with that wingspan of his. Almost always seemed to have at least two guys pass blocking him.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Had the same feeling after watching videos on Kindle and Dunlap.  Either one can be a good option at #22.  There are many edge-rushers in the draft.  But there is no one who can rush from the inside like Dunlap.

If you get a chance, please watch some video on Jonathan Dwyer.  The question I have is: will he be more or less successful in a pro-style offense?  He might be the next Corey Dillon, a powerful guy with a knack to break long runs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Finally I get to see some D. Thomas. Yep definitely looks beastly. Big boy amongst those weeny DB's. Was nice to see a few blocking highlights in the reel too.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Coming out of the option offense and not seeing him run the route tree is the only knock on him.  His speed is evidenced as he ran away from some pretty fast DBs.  I really think this kid is the next Randy Moss or at least 90% of his ability.

Because of the injury teams can't work him out before the draft.  This may effect some teams decisions to take him in the first round.  I'd love to get him whether at #22 or moving up from #44.  The problem in doing that later is we can only get to maybe 35 or so without spending one of our 2nds.  I'd hate to give up that 4th too because its all we have in the mid rounds.  Packaging up our trade elligible 6th and two 7s only moves you up two spots from 44.

Therefore, Thomas has to be our pick at #22 if we want to be sure to get him.  I think Gerhart now has to be our pick at #44.  Mayock finally put him at #4 RB on his board.  Spiller and Mathews don't get out of the first.  Best and Gerhart would be in play for SD at 40 if they chose to go Cody at 28, which is what I think they must do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : "I guess we aren't looking to upgrade RT.  Vollmer must be staying at LT and taking over for Light after this year unless Light is dealt or cut." Yeah just confusion on our part as I was meaning Vollmer not Kaczur. If they do not move Light I think Vollmer stays at RT and plays LT only against certain opponents. Same like last season. The best combo is Light at LT and Vollmer at RT even though Vollmer is probably a better LT than Light because Light is not a very good RT. Things still could change though. I was not sure I was following your other comments. Were they about Kindle? Were others saying kindle is not good? I thought he looked very good. Was he the one that crashed the car into the building because he was sending someone a text message? I know that happened to someone but scouts said that is not a red flag of any sort because that's just one of those crazy dumb accidents that can happen to anyone. I don't know if that was Kindle or not. I can't remember what player it was now. I mean that's dumb but its not a character thing really. If that was him AND the same incident I'm talking about?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I actually mis-read your first post.  You said Koppen collected a $500K roster bonus meaning they won't be looking for a C.  I really doubt they do anything major with the OL this year.  We know Koppen and Kaczur could use upgrading but too many other holes to fill.

Yes, Kindle drove into a building while texting.  I think he looks like a beast and Mayock thinks he looks better than Orakpo coming out.  Those are strong words from the draft guy I respect the most.  Mayock has obviously seen more tape and done more research than me and if he feels Kindle is a stud, how can we all disagree? 

We don't know what kind of smarts Kindle has which on the surface doesn't seem high given the car incident. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Was looking  at the following mock and a few others as well as listening Mayock talk about Thomas I agree teams will pull the trigger earlier in the 1st on this kid. 
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81714d0c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
    This is Pat Kirwan's mock,  I can see it falling this way.  Thomas has too much upside for teams not to fall in love with him, if the Raiders believe he ran a 4.35 as it was sent to all teams via tape then I can see the Raiders adding him but the Jags can surely use, IMO, the best WR in the draft.  Why offense with 3 of the first 4 picks, Mr. Kraft said something that go me thinking they are ready to set TB for a long time.

#22 Mike Iupati OG/T 6'5" 325 he's a guard who projects to be able to play RT, if there's a chance he's available at 22 he's the pick.  We don't have the RT of the future on the team and with the Mankin's contract situation he's the security pick as Brace was last year for NT. If Mankins signs Iupati is the RT next year. 2011 LT Voll, LG Manking, C Connly, RG Bussey, RT Iupati sounds good to me.
    #44 Jahvid Best RB 5'10" 200 he can run between the tackles, take it outside, be a KR.  He can do it all, will give the Pats a weapon in the running game and passing game.  Will learn from Faulk and Taylor this year.
    #48 Tyson Alualu DE 6'3" 295 Experienced 34 DE at Cal, is solid in everything, I like his pass rushing skills.  He will start at RS spot.
    #53 Andre Roberts WR 5'11" need depth at WR, he will man the slot spot opposite Edelman and WW (once he's back) high character kid, military school.  BB loves military school guys.  Great route runner and speed to match.  Too much upside and kid is getting attention, if the Pats like him they'll be looked at as reaching as they did last year with Voll, how did that work out?
    #120  A.J. Edds OLB 6'4" 250 Iowa kid who can do it all, he won't be a flashy guy or be great at one thing but will be very good at everything.  Good in pass coverage, against the run and can rush the passer if he is asked to.  Weakside LB written all over him.
    #193 Jameson Konz WR/FB/TE/HB 6'4" 234 After running a 4.43 and with all the different things he can do he might be more of a 5th rounder by draft day but this kidis too versatile to pass up.  Has the speed to develop into a starting WR, can he replace moss?  Big fast kid who is tough and blue collar guy.
    #205 (comp) Scott Sicko TE 6'4" 250 The Pats were the only ones there at his pro day but the secret is out, 4.53 50 22 reps at 225.  he's not been scheduled for visits around the league.  Hope he does fall into the Pats in the 6th, very nice option at TE. 2009, 57 catches 725 yards and 9 TDs
    #233 Dexter Davis OLB/ILB 6'2" 252 One of the most accomplished defensive players in Arizona State history.  Can play inside or outside, adds depth at LB and a solid special team guy. 
    #235 Kevin Basped OLB 6'4" 258 solid player from Nevada, has good size and speed off the edge.  Conversion guy who will need to get experience at OLB.  Is good pass rusher and holds his ground against the run.
    #247 (comp) Kelton Tindal WR/KR/PR 6'2" 195 ran 4.2s 40 at his pro day, extremaly raw receiver, he can contribute in the return game while developing as a WR although the Raiders might take him at #8 this year lol they need the fastest track team in the league.
    #248 (comp) Ben Burney CB/S 5'11" 202 was projected an UDFA but with a strong showing at his pro day he should be drafted.  Ran a 4.38 and showed good ball skills on his drills and fluid transition.  At worse you get a KR/PR
    #250 (comp) Keiland Williams RB 5'11" 230 Runs well for his size, low 4.5s.  Will add a short yardage back.  Will need to be coached up, never lived to his full potential.  With the right coaching can be a steal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

Guys i was watching NFL network and they were talking about the WR class this year and an intresting point came up, Dez Bryant only played 3 games thisyear and Demtrius Thomas has very bad route running skills coming from a wildcat type offense, then if those are true why are they the top to WR this year? i mean im glad that we may pick up Damian Williams becuase of this, but it makes no sence. Can some explain this to me?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I don't think Iupati gets past Pittsburgh at 18.  If he does, Atlanta, Houston and Cinci all need Guards too.

I'm thinking D. Thomas at #22 now unless we go with Kindle or Mathews.

I think Brandon Graham is off the board by 16 but no way drops to 22.  I don't think we are that high on Odrick but let's keep his name in the mix.

So, I think our choices are D. Thomas, S. Kindle, R. Mathews and J. Odrick at 22.

I'm really hoping it will be Thomas.  Kraft said they plan to reload for Brady.  I think Thomas and Moss lined up on the outside with Edelman (then Welker) working the slot then bring in a stud receiving TE with Faulk coming out of the backfield and you have a scary offense that is as good if not better than the one we had in 2007.

Moss = Moss
    Thomas /> Stallworth
    Edelman < Welker
    Hernandez/Pitta/Gresham /> Watson
    Faulk = Faulk