2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : The new Guys look pretty good. I have some Questions for you. Don´t you think we can almost for sure get Aaron Hernandez at #53 i think some other TE are making a lot of noise in past days, i think we can have him at #53. I love Toby G. at #47 ¿Who gets cut in the backfield? I´ll go for Morris, so we can have Lawrece M, Toby G, Fred T, Faulk & Law Firm  ¿Too many right? so ¿who else gets cut? i think we can have a great year out of Fred Taylor still... At # 44 don´t you think we have to go either DL or OLB depending on what position we drafted at #22?  If it´s Odrick at #22 then we get an OLB. If we get Graham or Hughes or Griffen in the 1st round, then we go DL with the #44. 2 WR in this draft = YES YES YES !!! hopefully at the 4th & 3rd (lets trade next year 2nd & A. Thomas for a decent 3rd) We need a Punter don´t you think ?  As Faucet said... let´s take the best one with a 6th Rounder. I sincerely don´t feel we need to draft a Safety this year Brandon M. is improving each year, We have to give Chung a chance to shine, Sanders is a veteran that helps a lot & McWogan (spelling) for me made some key plays last year, some good games (Atlanta), turnovers. What do you think of Dexter McCluxter, Damian Williams, Brian Price & Austen Lane as alternative picks ??? FELIZ VIERNES !!! (Happy Friday)
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

My responses in red: The new Guys look pretty good. I have some Questions for you.

Don´t you think we can almost for sure get Aaron Hernandez at #53 i think some other TE are making a lot of noise in past days, i think we can have him at #53.
     No, I can’t say with any certainty that he’ll be available at 53, sure it’s possible, but not a guarantee.

I love Toby G. at #47 ¿Who gets cut in the backfield? I´ll go for Morris, so we can have Lawrece M, Toby G, Fred T, Faulk & Law Firm  ¿Too many right? so ¿who else gets cut? i think we can have a great year out of Fred Taylor still...
     I’m not as high on Law Firm as most.  I think he’s a one dimensional player as I don’t think he provides much value outside of a potential short yardage back.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see either Sammy or Fred cut, assuming they take a back this high.

At # 44 don´t you think we have to go either DL or OLB depending on what position we drafted at #22?  If it´s Odrick at #22 then we get an OLB. If we get Graham or Hughes or Griffen in the 1st round, then we go DL with the #44.
     If they pass on a DL in rd 1, yes, I could see them addressing this need at 44 with a guy like Tyson Alualu.

2 WR in this draft = YES YES YES !!! hopefully at the 4th & 3rd (lets trade next year 2nd & A. Thomas for a decent 3rd)

We need a Punter don´t you think ?  As Faucet said... let´s take the best one with a 6th Rounder.
     Yes, certainly a possibility to take one with a 6th or 7th rounder.  

I sincerely don´t feel we need to draft a Safety this year Brandon M. is improving each year, We have to give Chung a chance to shine, Sanders is a veteran that helps a lot & McWogan (spelling) for me made some key plays last year, some good games (Atlanta), turnovers.
     IMO, from what I’ve read, Brandon McGowan is a punk and I’d like to see him gone.  With that being said, I don’t think taking a safety in Rd 7 is overkill at the position.  They have an excess of picks in the late rounds, so why not try to bring in some potential depth.

What do you think of Dexter McCluxter, Damian Williams, Brian Price & Austen Lane as alternative picks ???
     I like McCluster, he has good speed, quickness, versatility and big play ability and was productive in the toughest conference in America. I think Williams has the potential to be a decent # 2. Price is a highly rater player that appears to have some schematic versatility.  I believe NE had him in this past week? I think BB will have interest in Lane’s size and potential as an edge player.  He played at a lower level of competition and will probably be pretty raw, but the size and length is certainly there.

FELIZ VIERNES !!! (Happy Friday)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

WHAT PLAYER IS THE BEST FIT FOR NEW ENGLAND DEFENSE? Of ALL players available in the 2010 class. Position, Weight, Height, Speed, Personality, game I say : Rolando MacClain What do you say?
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

If I could choose any player, I'd take Suh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Patriots worked out CB Dominique Franks http://bit.ly/dhF3hI

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it appears Corey Wootton  has worked out for the Pat's:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Corey-Wooton-has-visited-the-Patriots-Bills-Chiefs-and-Jets.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Northwestern QB Mike Kafka worked out for the Pat's:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Kafka-worked-out-for-Pats-Browns-Bengals-Raiders.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

PFP: 2010 Consensus TE Position Rankings http://bit.ly/9dL73f

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

PFP: 2010 Consensus WR Position Rankings http://bit.ly/cyavSx

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I can't find where the Pats have visited with Kindle.  Very strange.  Either they are so not interested for various reasons or they are smoke screening acting disinterested.  I think they are not interested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hey Guys, just a little fun Question to star off the Weekend. ¿BASED IN OUR MEASUREMENTS ONLY WHAT POSITION COULD WE PLAY FOR THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS? I´m Height : 6-1 ft Weight : 253 lbs
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

At 5-10 210, I'd say I'm a safety.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : What am I? Undersize MLB or FB, Small TE ??? help !!
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

I'd go with a 3-4 MLB, that's pretty good size for the position, assuming you can move well and have some speed, ha.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

6-3 and 175. I would say I am a kicker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : HAhahahahaha MLB yes !!!!!!!!!!!  I think the fastest i ever ran it was a 5.5 40yds. as a freshman in college. That was before i blew my acl the first time... ho well !!!
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

i'm 6-3, 267 and used to run a 4.7 when I was 188.  I'd probably be right there with Rich Eisen now.

14 reps at 225 but I'm 47, so would have to be a place kicker.  Looking for a one year deal at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

5'7" and 212 ---24 reps of 225. Leg press 800+ I am a short RB alla MJD
    And perfect for the Pats as I am 30+ yrs old :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Patriots Work out Colt McCoy http://bit.ly/cHNssS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Kyle Wilson Will Visit Patriots http://bit.ly/9GruVd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

5'7, 190, 4.45. I love running the ball, but I also like to shut down receivers. Bill likes short corners, right? Well, I have GREAT change of direction (thanks to dance, parkour, capoeira, and gymnastics) and a 37" vertical to go along with fiestiness at the line of scrimmage and willingness (read: viciousness) in run support. As long as I get a few corner blitzes so I can bury the QB, I'm happy. Cool

As for the real draft, I keep going over scenarios, then logging on here to post about them only to discover someone else has already covered the possibility. I think I'm going to just keep watching until the draft, since it appears everyone here is pretty on top of things.

I will say, though, that on defense I think we're going to focus on players who fit either the 34 or 43 equally well. I'm guessing we play a 4-2-5 base next year, with ~ 25% 34 and 43, respectively. That leads me to fewer "pure" 34 prospects, and more toward versatile defenders that aren't entirely on our radar right now. By the same token, I'm looking at multiposition players--for example, Earl Thomas, who can play safety or corner--who will allow us to disguise our scheme play to paly. Just a thought

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

5'7, 190, 4.45. I love running the ball, but I also like to shut down receivers. Bill likes short corners, right? Well, I have GREAT change of direction (thanks to dance, parkour, capoeira, and gymnastics) and a 37" vertical to go along with fiestiness at the line of scrimmage and willingness (read: viciousness) in run support. As long as I get a few corner blitzes so I can bury the QB, I'm happy. As for the real draft, I keep going over scenarios, then logging on here to post about them only to discover someone else has already covered the possibility. I think I'm going to just keep watching until the draft, since it appears everyone here is pretty on top of things. I will say, though, that on defense I think we're going to focus on players who fit either the 34 or 43 equally well. I'm guessing we play a 4-2-5 base next year, with ~ 25% 34 and 43, respectively. That leads me to fewer "pure" 34 prospects, and more toward versatile defenders that aren't entirely on our radar right now. By the same token, I'm looking at multiposition players--for example, Earl Thomas, who can play safety or corner--who will allow us to disguise our scheme play to paly. Just a thought
    Posted by reamer

Dude,

I can sign you to a semi pro deal tomorrow:)))).  Very excellent speed.  Can you return punts?  That seems to be a need with Welker on the shelf.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

6'2" and two bills. When I played in highschool I was closer to 270. I played DT and DE. 

Now, I don't know what I could be, because I run like such a goof. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In keeping with the spirit of speed check out this funny 40 yard dash video at our you tube channel

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

6'2" and two bills. When I played in highschool I was closer to 270. I played DT and DE.  Now, I don't know what I could be, because I run like such a goof. 
    Posted by zbellino

zb, I miss you man.  We had some great exchanges over the years.  Good to see you back.  Now, where the heck is 53Men?  Sean, where are you man?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Faucet--I'm building a house in Maine one summer at a time, so I'm putting in for my free faucet if you're wrong.  But I absolutely love it when you get up on your box and preach about a guy you want or don't want--sometimes I'm sitting here and laughing at the screen.  My favorites are your asides like, "Yeah, he'll come in and gain a 1000 yards his rookie season and our other backs are already comatose or planning retirement in West Palm Beach"--or something like that.  I would not be shocked if they did draft him at 22.  Nothing the Pats do would surprise me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Theres a couple things that bother me about the people on this site. First off , I laugh , then cringe when I hear people say that all we need is a pass rush. Hey Im hardly the smartest guy in the room and have no problem admitting it. But I also have no problem calling someone else out when their making no sense. But since 99% of the people on here are scared and have no ballz they wont debate or even go back 'n' forth a lil' bit. Isnt that one of the reasons we come on here , to bounce ideas around and debate about football? LOL I understand nobody likes me on here , but thats where Im coming from. And one of the things that really gets to me is when people on here and some of my friends say all this D needs is a pass rush. I couldnt disagree more and if you have been watching lately its just fact that this D/team has many big holes. IMHO on the D side on the ball we have some real issues. Im being completely serious when I say that we need help at every position on D. LOL I know it sounds crazy , but just think about it for a second. People love to say things like , " we didnt need guys like Moss and all this O to win our rings " and "we had this/that back then and thats why we have 3 rings". Fact is that wee won on D , coaching and game planning , which I guess you can file under coaching. Maybe more important then the actual game plan itself was the fact that we stuck w/ it and played w/ conviction. And like most D's/O's it all starts up front and we were no different. One guy that I love and no doubt played a huge role in our D that was a huge part of our success was Big Sey. I heard ZBELL say a couple weeks ago that he wouldnt have made a difference this year , which is really a dumb thing to say. I mean the guy might be one of the 5 best DE's to play in a 3-4 system ever. Look back at those games from 6-10 years ago and guys up front like Washington , Sey , Hamilton , were just killing it , Especially Sey , he was a monster. 
     One of the good things about having so many holes to fill if you can believe is that we can almost go " best available ". We absolutely need a solid guy to play the 5 tech , all the pass rush in the world wont help if you have a turn style playing the DE. A guy that I can see stepping right in and playing the 5 tech. next year for some team is Brian Price. I really think this kid could be a very good all around DE for a while. Already a beast I think he needs to get just a lil' stronger , which is definitely possible and one of the easier things for a NFL player to do. And like the other 99% of the rookies coming in , a little coaching up.
     The other two positions that IMHO we really need to address in the first 2 rounds are I/OLB. Now Im on record of saying that this class of projected OLB's doesnt blow me away. I think theres some real and raw talent there , but theres no -one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. And as we speak right now theres no "absolute must have" guy. This is why Id wait until the second and grab Hughes , he might be my favorite out of the group. But if we were to go that way at 22 , I have a feeling we go Kindle/Graham. IMHO Grahm and Hughes are tied at the top , w/ Kindle and Bowman right behind them. Theres alot of good things to say about all these guys , speed , strength , potential , smarts. Believe it or not I like almost all of the projected OLB's , but just dont see any blue chipper , which isnt the worst thing in the world. This is why Id wait until the second and then grab a.Hughes or Bowman , who btw is slowly climbing up boards. A couple other guys that I also like are Weatherspoon , Washington and Selvie. The latter two will be there in the 2nd.
     I am critical of alot of people on here , mostly because the see themselves as GM who just happens to work at GNC. Im sorry , but there might be 17 people who really know their chit on here , who have been watching , studying and trying to better understand and learn about the game. Yea it might be arrogant , but I believe Im one of them. Dont get me wrong I have miles to go , but feel comfortable going go at it and talking all sports w/ anyone. And one of the ways you can really tell how much someone knows on here is by what their saying in terms of team needs. Yea my 11 y/o nephew can tell me that we need a pass rush , LOL great job. Another position that absolutely needs to be addressed is the ILB spot. I know he was hurt and keeping that in mind , but that said Mayo didnt have a great year at all. He was slow hitting the hole , getting to the edge , in coverage , and misdiagnosed one to many plays. One of the things that suffered because of that was his tackling. All that said , Mayo is one of my favorite PATRIOTS and really believe hes coming back hard this year and tearing up the league. Hes smart , tough and very gifted , wouldnt surprise me at all if hes in the running for DPY. Theres no reason he cant have 125/20 tfl's/2 int's/3-5 sacks. The guys a freak and we should expect great things from him. We still need someone to play opposite him. Im on record of saying we blew it last year with our early draft picks in Butler , Brace and Chung. We could have had Matthews and Lauriniatis or Maualuga , we could have had TWO of those guys! All started games at some point , made the routine plays look easy , and made a bunch of impact plays and made them look easy as well! Combine that w/ the fact that we still need help at both backer position and CB/S. Im all for trading up a couple spots to grabbing McClain. IMHO this kid is a top ten player who will start from jump and be a playmaker for the next 10-12 years. I love the big , physical thumping ILB's and hes all of that plus some at 6'3-6'4/255. Hes big , fast , smart , athletic , aware , and versatile. I absolutely believe hes an every down backer that will come in and start and make a big impact. Another guy that I really like is Spikes from Florida. So what the kid didnt have the greatest workout , you can say he had a very bad workout. The most important to me and what I ultimately judge a player on is their play and impact on the field and this kid was a monster , no debate about that. Getting him in the second round would be a steal , I can see him starting by the middle Oct. Imagine the  ILB duo of Mayo and Spikes? Spikes on tape is plenty fast/quick and was a leader on the best D in the country.
     Another thing Ive heard on here is " that we're loaded at the S position ". Theres no point to make fun of the person , as being that stupid must be hard enough. Absoluteluy couldnt be further from the truth! Ill admit when Im wrong in second , LOL but will also let you know when Im right. And someone that Ive been screaming about for the last two years is Earl Thomas , he has unquestionably everything you would want from a S. Something that Never hear on this board is the fact that the PATS use their S's interchangeably , Thomas would be a great fit in a system like ours. Truth be told I think he's great in any system. Thomas is fast/quick , versatile , smart , and very athletic. IMHO hes right there on Berrys level and have been saying this all year , I really believe their 1a/1b. Hes a ballhawk no doubt , but can/will and likes to make that big hit/tackle. IMHO he actually edges out Berry in that department by a little. This is another guy Id trade up for , we absolute need help at S and this kid is athletic enough to play nickel for us when needed. I have no problem trading up and grabbing him at 12-17. If Berry/Haden makes it to ten , Id also make that move in a heartbeat , Jacksonville is dying to get out of there , they cant pay that $. One more thing I want to put out there is the fact that I believe in Taylor Mays and think he can be a very good S for many years to come. Listen I probablly watched close to 30 of his games live and plenty of good and bad tape on him. I really dont see many flaws , yes he has them , but not many and all are ABSOLUTELY COACHABLE. Ok he takes bad angles and relies too much on his physical gifts...WOW thats its LOL!?! I mean are you kidding me , seriously , especially in a BB/PATS system. Hes not my first choice at 22 , but if we stay there I wouldnt be pissed at all if we picked.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Tebow at 22 , LOL you prove my point , this board is 99% full of morons. LOL Who the f#ck in their right mind would pay to see a back-up QB. Seriously you need to do some homework because theres no way hes out running or running over anyone in the NFL. Hes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" , no-way he makes it in the league as a wildcat QB. And IF he ever makes it as a REAL QB , it wont be for 3-4 years easy. His feet are terrible , hes not accurate at all passed 11 yards and probablly has only thrown past 11 times past 11 yards LOL. You really dont have a clue , LMMFAO! Jacksonville would never , not even think about taking him at 10 , and its not a debate , not even close , hes no where near being the best college player ever , are you kidding me. Colt McCoy was more of a winner than him , is McCoy the best college player ever? I dont care how many awards etc he has , how about just watching him play? The guy couldnt play QB in college and you think he can make the jump to the pros? He needed to be in a dynamic O , and play in a gimmick-type scheme w/ tons and tons of playmakers around him , LOL not to mention play w/ the best D in the country. Seriously man you dont have a clue here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Guys, I just had a vision from heaven and none of you are going to like it.  It might be the two vodkas and half a bottle of wine I had tonight, I dunno.  Anyway, I'm going to drop the bomb now so get your hard hats on.  This is my prediction, laugh or criticize all you want but I am now 99.9% convinced of this. If Tim Tebow is there at #22 he is the pick of the New England Patriots. I had to sit down myself as I wrote that.  I acknowledge that the nice 2 day meeting and dinner could have been about picking Tebow's brain about other Florida prospects like Dunlap, Pouncey, Spikes, Hernandez and Major Wright; which I'm certain we also did.  I'm not ruling that out.  But, here are the reasons why I think this will be our pick at #22 unless another more highly coveted player slips. Here's the rationale.   Tebow will keep the seats full and jerseys flying off the shelves in Foxboro for the next decade unless the Mayan predictions are true.  Don't count that out.  Kraft is a better businessman than most and this has to be a factor.  Brady is entering the final year of his contract.  He still is not extended.  Brady is scheduled to earn roughly $11.2 MM this year.  This is a very unworthy number seeing Eli Manning got over $15 MM after he beat us in SB 42 and Cassel got tagged for over $14MM last year.  Brady is likely asking for $18-20 MM to be in the Manning(s) stratosphere.  He is worth it today, NO QUESTION .  Kraft's comments aside, don't count on the Pats shelling out that much dough even for Brady.  Instead, look for them to tag him in 2011.  The cost to do so would be the average of the top 5 QBs.  I don't have exact numbers but for Cassel it was $14.1 MM a year ago.  This is better value than extending Brady's at his likely asking price.  This means the Pats feel they have Brady locked up for 2 more years at a team friendly price.  GUYS, IF WE'VE LEARNED NOTHING SINCE KRAFT AND BB HOOKED UP ITS THAT THEY DON'T OVERPAY FOR PLAYERS.  IT ISN'T ABOUT WHAT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR US BEFORE, ITS ABOUT WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR ME LATELY.   Don't make me cite examples, we all know them. So, now is the right time to draft the future QB, based on this line of hard core business approach that we've come to see (okay, I'll cite examples, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Adam Vinateiri, Willy McGinnest, Asante Samuel, Curtis Martin, Richard Seymour and the list goes on and on). But hold on, the Pats can tag Brady again in 2012 for 20% more of what he earned in 2011 or about $16.8MM if they so choose.  This is still cheaper than the $18-20 MM Brady is likely seeking.  We won't tag him again in 2013 because the cost would be over $20 MM and by then Brady would be 36.  Given this Tom Brady plays for us for 2010 and for sure, 2011, with a team option in 2012 and that's it.  No extension is necessary.  Sorry, but unless Brady is extended soon, that's how I see this shaking out.  2012 is a team option year and they would only tag him IF he is still among the best in the league.  Otherwise it's two more years folks. On to Tim Tebow and trust me, I'm as sick and tired of talking about him as everyone else.  Still one cannot deny he is the poster child for great character.  He will be the face of a franchise for some team for 10-12 years; no doubt in my mind.  Can anyone doubt he won't pack the stadium, sell jerseys, provide media mecca coverage for someone?  Put on your business hats everyone. Tebow was arguably the best college football player EVER in the toughest conference EVER .  He is a winner, the hardest worker EVER .  He is very coachable, and the perfect (albeit nauseatingly so) teammate IMAGINABLE . Above all Tim Tebow has proven that he is a WINNER and that's what we are all about in New England.  He has more awards and accolades than our great local hero, (who I met in Newton the day he received the Heisman - cool story for later) Doug Flutie. Tebow, according to Mayock, might be the target of JAX at #10!!!!  He might be taken over Clausen at #9 by Buffalo.  People (reportedly) were blown away by the progress he made at his Pro Day in his mechanics in JUST 6 SHORT WEEKS. Okay, I am WAY, WAY out there on a limb but remember you heard it first from your faucetman.  If Tebow is there at #22 and Graham, Mathews, Pouncey, Iupati, and Gresham are not and we use the pick but not on Tebow (assuming he's there) all of you reading this post can have a free faucet with matching accessories from me. Just blog me here and I'll provide my website and email.  I hope I don't eat crow afterwards but I just had an epiphany and this is the deal.  We are on a mission from God.  Go to sleep my friends, Rome is safe.  Okay, let the arrows fly, I am ready for them.  Love you all.
    Posted by Faucetman

Faucet put the bottle down, I like Tebow but not in the 1st or second UNLESS we make a few trades and end up with a few extran 2nd round picks then yes but I want 4 players (other than Tebow) picked if he's the 5th I'm ok with that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Kyle Wilson Will Visit Patriots http://bit.ly/9GruVd
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Is there anyway Wilson drops to 22?  I don't think there's any way specially with Houston sitting at 20 but anyone see a scenario he does?   Only one I can think off is if Haden falls to TN and Houston goes with McCorty over Wilson but that's a lot of ifs.