2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    I really don't understand all the hype regarding Tebow. Why is he even close to worth the #22 pick? What quarterbacking skills does he have that makes you think he can take over for Brady at some point? Is it that article that says he's a better quarterback than Peyton Manning at this point in his career? If you just want to use numbers, Kliff Kingsbury would be the best NFL prospect a couple of years back. I just doubt Tebow has the upside to be a good NFL player. He was perfect fit for college, which makes it easier to be a leader. He's not going to be a leader as a back up QB. You earn leadership by playing. Maybe he has the potential to grow as a leader, but he won't enter as one on the Patriots. Please give me some tangible skills why Tebow should be a first round pick. For instance, Graham has the ability to get to the QB while D Thomas would be able to stretch the field. What would Tebow bring? I would argue physically he has no plus physical attributes as a QB, and I would stay away from him. I would be very disappointed if they took Tebow in any round. Less publicized guys like Cassel and Hoyer are out there in this draft, and they are certainly more talented QB prospects that Tebow.  In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Everyone said Doug Flutie was too short to be an NFL quarterback too.  Physically, Tebow is a much better athlete than Brady.  Tebow runs a 4.7 40, has a 38-1/2 vertical.  What did Brady do at the Combine, anyone remember?

At the 2000 N.F.L. scouting combine, Brady ran the 40 in 5.23 seconds, recorded a vertical jump of 24 ½ inches and saw a column of quarterbacks leap ahead of him on teams’ draft lists.

Tebow needs to work on his throwing motion, his footwork when under center, 3, 5, 7 step drops, and his reads.  These are all correctable especially when you work your butt off and have time to learn.  I'm not advocating we take him, I'm saying we might if BB believes he can't extend Brady more than 3 years and if he believes Tebow will be successful.  Don't be shocked if we take him, I won't be.  Disappointed, yes, but not shocked.

You are acting like Tebow is a bum because a few idiots knocked his throwing motion, which by all accounts improved dramatically at his pro day.  Let's look at his accomplishments.

National Champion Tim Tebow was the first college football player to both rush and pass for twenty or more touchdowns in a single season and was the first college sophomore to win the Heisman.  As a college sophomore during the 2007 season, he became the Gators' starting quarterback and broke the SEC records for both rushing touchdowns and total touchdowns accounted for in a single season.  In addition to winning the Heisman Trophy, he also earned the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player becoming the only player in history to win the award TWICE, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport.

College awards and honors

2006 season

2007 season

Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week[71]

2008 season

2009 season

You're right rockdog, Tebow's a bum and will be a bust in the NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm not discounting his COLLEGE accomplishments. What were Matt Cassel's college accomplishments? Why did they draft Cassel? Because he has a big, strong armed quarterback who they thought they could develop. HE HAD THE NATURAL TOOLS SO THEY TOOK A SHOT. I content that Tebow doesn't have the natural tools. He's a freakin qb and he doesn't throw the ball well. Brady had a great motion coming out of Michigan, but he needed to improve his strength. He had incredible pocket presence, which is a tough thing to scout. Tebow has neither.

Tebow is not from a NFL system. Alex Smith sure make a good transition from Meyer's offense to the NFL. Maybe Meyer's offense naturally make college QB's look good. On no, Tebow is different because he has heart. I mean, this guy is William Wallace. Single handedly wins all the big games while showing his teammates the way to a better life.

You guys are exhibiting herd mentality. This is how stock market bubbles happen. People get overenthusiastic about something (be it an NFL prospect or a market) and people lose sight of the fundamental value of something. Tebow was anywhere from round 2-6, now he's looking round 1. What happened:

1) Belichick dinner
    2) McShay gets a hard-on for Tebow because Tebow talked with him on his pro0day. McShay reported that he showed some improvement but still exhibited bad habits while running.
    3) Dmitroff spoke highly of Tebow.
    4) Tebow's dad thinks he'll go top 15.

I don't think any of this hype changes the fact Tebow doesn't have the arm or accuracy of an NFL QB. And, all this talk about how Tebow will work his butt off to improve makes me wonder why he waited until after the Senior Bowl to fix his flawed motion. Hmmmm. 

He may run a 4.7, but it looked like he was running in mud at the senior bowl. And don't think he'll be a good runner in the NFL. He doesn't seems too quick or shifty, and he's not going to outrun anyone with a 4.7. I'd rather have a QB who has a good pocket presence. I

Faucet, I'm not trying to be an a $$ but I really don't see Tebow developing. I may be wrong, but I feel strongly about this. I'm willing to bet $$ that this guy turns into nothing (meaning he won't be an NFL starter in 3 years). How much does a faucet installation cost? I'll bet you that $$ that he won't be a starting NFL qb in three or 4 years. 

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Everyone said Doug Flutie was too short to be an NFL quarterback too.  Physically, Tebow is a much better athlete than Brady.  Tebow runs a 4.7 40, has a 38-1/2 vertical.  What did Brady do at the Combine, anyone remember? At the 2000 N.F.L. scouting combine, Brady ran the 40 in 5.23 seconds, recorded a vertical jump of 24 ½ inches and saw a column of quarterbacks leap ahead of him on teams’ draft lists. Tebow needs to work on his throwing motion, his footwork when under center, 3, 5, 7 step drops, and his reads.  These are all correctable especially when you work your butt off and have time to learn.  I'm not advocating we take him, I'm saying we might if BB believes he can't extend Brady more than 3 years and if he believes Tebow will be successful.  Don't be shocked if we take him, I won't be.  Disappointed, yes, but not shocked. You are acting like Tebow is a bum because a few idiots knocked his throwing motion, which by all accounts improved dramatically at his pro day.  Let's look at his accomplishments. National Champion Tim Tebow was the first college football player to both rush and pass for twenty or more touchdowns in a single season and was the first college sophomore to win the Heisman.  As a college sophomore during the 2007 season, he became the Gators' starting quarterback and broke the SEC records for both rushing touchdowns and total touchdowns accounted for in a single season.  In addition to winning the Heisman Trophy, he also earned the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player becoming the only player in history to win the award TWICE, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport. College awards and honors 2006 season SEC All-Freshman Team [ 69 ] SEC Freshman of the Week [ 70 ] 2007 season Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week [ 71 ] Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, three times [ 72 ] [ 73 ] [ 74 ] Davey O'Brien Award winner [ 75 ] Heisman Trophy winner Maxwell Award winner [ 75 ] Walter Camp Award finalist [ 76 ] Sporting News Player of the Year Harley Award winner NCAA QB of the Year [ 77 ] ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American football team [ 78 ] Manning Award finalist [ 78 ] Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year [ 79 ] Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year [ 80 ] First-team All-SEC ( Associated Press , [ 81 ] Coaches, [ 82 ] Rivals.com [ 80 ] ) Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year [ 81 ] Associated Press Player of the Year [ 83 ] First-team All-American by: Associated Press , Football Writers Association of America , Walter Camp Football Foundation , Sporting News , Sports Illustrated , ESPN , CBS Sports , College Football News , Rivals.com , and Scout.com James E. Sullivan Award , awarded to the Nations top amateur athlete [ 84 ] Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year. [ 85 ] Third Florida Gator to win this award, Danny Wuerffel (won twice) and Ryan Lochte . ESPY for Best Male College Athlete [ 86 ] 2008 season First-team All-America by College Football News . Disney Spirit Award [ 87 ] ESPY for Best Male College Athlete Heisman Trophy finalist Manning Award winner Maxwell Award winner Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week [ 88 ] 2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player First-team All-SEC (AP, [ 89 ] Coaches, [ 90 ] Rivals.com [ 91 ] ) Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year [ 92 ] Wuerffel Trophy winner 2009 season William V. Campbell Trophy (formerly the Vincent dePaul Draddy Trophy, "The Academic Heisman") winner Lowe's Senior CLASS Award Heisman Trophy finalist First-team All-SEC (AP, [ 93 ] Coaches, [ 94 ] Rivals.com [ 95 ] ) Second-team All-America ( Walter Camp Foundation ) Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year You're right rockdog, Tebow's a bum and will be a bust in the NFL.
    Posted by Faucetman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I strongly disagree with taking a corner.  We have Leigh Bodden locked up long term and I feel we should give Butler another year or two before we take a corner in the 1st two rounds again.  Last year was different since we really didn't have any corners locked up long term.
    Posted by titletownfan

It isn't Leigh Bodden I'm worried about.  It's the 3 clowns on the other side.  McCourty would make an immediate impact on Special Teams, an area that was weak last year and will be this year without Welker unless we do something.  If we don't get McCourty, I'd be happy with McCluster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tebow's motion got worse at his pro-day. I watched him throw there.

It is still slow. All he fixed was dropping the ball. And then, that was only flat footed. He missed standing targets. And when he was asked to move his feet, his old delivery came back. 

I have no idea why anyone would take this kid on day one. At best right now he looks like Byron Leftwich part II. Someone people loved in college for being a gamer, but simply is not accurate enough to stick tight throws in the pros, and has too slow a release to be a pocket QB.

If he is sitting around on day two then it is worth taking a look at because he has dedication, and has a good physique, which means he could have a high floor as a special teams player.

If NE is going QB on day one, if they someone finagle a high third, I would rather take McCoy who played for teams that aren't as good, but was just plain, flat out, a better QB than Tebow. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Maybe Meyer's offense naturally make college QB's look good.

It most certainly does. The amount of space Tebow could stick throws into was amazing. Not only did it mask his inaccuracy, but the space combined with the incredible athletic advantage his WRs had, masked his poor decision making ability. Watch, really watch, him throw. He would be a human turnover in the NFL. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I do agree that there is plenty of risk, though I'd be more prone to take a chance/risk on a kid like Tebow than a kid like Dunlap.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Agreed. He's got much more upside than downside and you love to see a kid like this make it in the NFL; a hard worker, a smart kid, a Chistrian I believe and, by all accounts, just an all around good guy. 

If any coach and system can mold him into an NFL QB, its BB and the Pats and I'd love to see him here. I'm just saying that we have crucial needs to be filled with  those top 4 picks and I'm not sure if we can afford to spend one of them on a guy who's not likely to produce for 2-3 years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

McCluster was one of the first guys I advocated bringing in. I was shocked when his combine 40 was so slow, but he improved that. Not that it mattered, because on film he is lights out quick. 

The only thing that worries me is his size. He was hidden in college. They wanted to use him sparingly because he is very, very small. I mean, small on the order that just isn't seen in the NFL. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : You could be right. If they pick him at 22 and you hear a loud thud noise....That's me landing on my patio, after I've thrown myself off my roof. HaHaHa! Oh god please don't let this happen, this is the type of move Belicheck loves to make. A value play for the future, but what about right now? We need players all over the place. I know this sounds crazy, but I go all in and move up for Suh. He's that good and would make this defense better right away. To me he's better than Seymore was coming out of Georgia and is a perfect fit for this team. You can't have one dominant lineman (Wilfork) and expect to win deep in the playoffs. This team used to have 4 to 5 outstanding guys up front; Seymore, wilfork, warren, McGinest.   Warren is someone who I don't count on anymore to make plays, Seymore is gone, no one that has the skill set of McGinest or Vrabel for that matter. It's been alot of smoke and mirrors the past couple of years.
    Posted by mthurl

I'd go all in for Suh too.  We'd have to move up to #2.  I'd offer #22, #44, our 6th and two 7s, 2011 Raiders pick and Adios Thomas if DET would do it.  But BB would never make a move this bold.  He'd draft Tebow though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

McCluster was one of the first guys I advocated bringing in. I was shocked when his combine 40 was so slow, but he improved that. Not that it mattered, because on film he is lights out quick.  The only thing that worries me is his size. He was hidden in college. They wanted to use him sparingly because he is very, very small. I mean, small on the order that just isn't seen in the NFL. 
    Posted by zbellino

Dexter McCluster - 5-9, 172
    DeSean Jackson - 5-10, 175

Worked out pretty good for the Eagles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'm not discounting his COLLEGE accomplishments. What were Matt Cassel's college accomplishments? Why did they draft Cassel? Because he has a big, strong armed quarterback who they thought they could develop. HE HAD THE NATURAL TOOLS SO THEY TOOK A SHOT. I content that Tebow doesn't have the natural tools. He's a freakin qb and he doesn't throw the ball well. Brady had a great motion coming out of Michigan, but he needed to improve his strength. He had incredible pocket presence, which is a tough thing to scout. Tebow has neither. Tebow is not from a NFL system. Alex Smith sure make a good transition from Meyer's offense to the NFL. Maybe Meyer's offense naturally make college QB's look good. On no, Tebow is different because he has heart. I mean, this guy is William Wallace. Single handedly wins all the big games while showing his teammates the way to a better life. You guys are exhibiting herd mentality. This is how stock market bubbles happen. People get overenthusiastic about something (be it an NFL prospect or a market) and people lose sight of the fundamental value of something. Tebow was anywhere from round 2-6, now he's looking round 1. What happened: 1) Belichick dinner 2) McShay gets a hard-on for Tebow because Tebow talked with him on his pro0day. McShay reported that he showed some improvement but still exhibited bad habits while running. 3) Dmitroff spoke highly of Tebow. 4) Tebow's dad thinks he'll go top 15. I don't think any of this hype changes the fact Tebow doesn't have the arm or accuracy of an NFL QB. And, all this talk about how Tebow will work his butt off to improve makes me wonder why he waited until after the Senior Bowl to fix his flawed motion. Hmmmm.  He may run a 4.7, but it looked like he was running in mud at the senior bowl. And don't think he'll be a good runner in the NFL. He doesn't seems too quick or shifty, and he's not going to outrun anyone with a 4.7. I'd rather have a QB who has a good pocket presence. I Faucet, I'm not trying to be an a $$ but I really don't see Tebow developing. I may be wrong, but I feel strongly about this. I'm willing to bet $$ that this guy turns into nothing (meaning he won't be an NFL starter in 3 years). How much does a faucet installation cost? I'll bet you that $$ that he won't be a starting NFL qb in three or 4 years.  In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

I shouldn't have brought the Tebow discussion up again, I'm frankly sick of it and I AGREE THAT WE SHOULDN'T DRAFT HIM.  I must have said that 1000 times and I've never included him in my mocks.  There are experts on both sides of the debate.  Personally I'd side with Gruden and Dungy over Kiper any day.  Kiper is an idiot and not worth listening to anymore.

2010 NFL Draft

After passing on the 2009 NFL Draft for his senior season at Florida, Tebow will automatically enter the 2010 NFL Draft. Despite his college success, Tebow's NFL potential is much debated. According to former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, he could "revolutionize" the pro game. Says Gruden: "Tim Tebow is 250 pounds, and he's the strongest human being that's ever played the position. He can throw well enough at any level."[97] Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said he would pick Tebow with a top 10 pick, and would take him over any quarterback in the 2010 draft.[98] On the other hand, NFL analyst Mel Kiper, Jr. believes Tebow does not have the intangibles to play quarterback in the NFL. "I don't think he can be a fulltime quarterback. I don't think he can be the quarterback of the future for you, but I do think in the third round, maybe the second round, he'll be the same as Pat White," said Kiper.[99]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I contend you don't pick either risk. They need to look for sure things that can contribute, and I'm sure there are guys that'll be able to help immediately if this draft really is heavy in first round talent.

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Agreed. He's got much more upside than downside and you love to see a kid like this make it in the NFL; a hard worker, a smart kid, a Chistrian I believe and, by all accounts, just an all around good guy.  If any coach and system can mold him into an NFL QB, its BB and the Pats and I'd love to see him here. I'm just saying that we have crucial needs to be filled with  those top 4 picks and I'm not sure if we can afford to spend one of them on a guy who's not likely to produce for 2-3 years. 
    Posted by unclealfie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I still hope we dont get Tebow and pray we dont trade all that for Suh.  Suh is great for sure, but not as great as the players that we would get with all those picks.  Wait till next years draft when we have that sweet Oak pick and then tell me if Suh would have been worth it with all the holes we would have had. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I'd go all in for Suh too.  We'd have to move up to #2.  I'd offer #22, #44, our 6th and two 7s, 2011 Raiders pick and Adios Thomas if DET would do it.  But BB would never make a move this bold.  He'd draft Tebow though.
    Posted by Faucetman

Honestly it would probably take more than that unfortunetly. Detriot needs a player like this as much as we do. Suh would certainly make any defensive players we draft look better, as well as the guys currently on the team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Dexter McCluster - 5-9, 172 DeSean Jackson - 5-10, 175 Worked out pretty good for the Eagles.
    Posted by Faucetman

Yeah, did you ever watch McCluster play? 

Comparing him to a wideout doesn't work -- he was not extremely effective as a slot guy. He is a 3rd down back. There is an ocean between the two as to what you can expect.

If you are drafting DM as a WR, you draft him day two, because he was spotty (and that is generous) at WR in the SEC.

If you are drafting him as a 3rd down back, you accept the risk. And having watched him burn the Tigers a few times, I can say it is worth the risk.

Vice versa . . . 

If you put Jackson in the backfield for the rest of his career he would get decimated. Just last season he touched the ball more than Jackson has in his two years in the NFL. And that was in heavy, large traffic that Jackson doesn't see. 

That isn't a reason to NOT pick DM, but it is a factor to be thought about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Back to reality.

#22 DE/OLB Brandon Graham - move up to 19 if we have to.  We have a solid 43 DL today.  Adding Graham gives us the edge rusher we need.  Assuming we stay a base 34 team we are still in the nickel and 4 DL sets enough where Graham will make an impact.  If he can play a little 34 OLB, so much the better but the value is there even if he isn't stellar at OLB.  Replacing Seymour isn't in the cards this year and I would not spend another top pick on the DL this year.

#44 OLB Daryl Washington - This move make our transition to 43 complete or at least gives our nickel and sub packages a big boost on the outside.  We now have perhaps the fastest and most athletic LB corps anywhere.

#48 TE Rob Gronkowski - If he clears medical, he's the best TE in the draft.  With Welker on the shelf, gives Brady a big target to work the middle.

#53 WR/RB Dexter McCluster - I just think he's a must have player.  Adds depth at WR (especially in the slot), RB and overnight he bolsters the return game.  Just a special player that is quicker than he is fast.  Makes people miss.  Give him 10-12 touches a game and he will be electric.  Love him.

#119 FS Kam Chancellor - With McGowan a cancer in the locker room and now with questions about Meriweather's character there is a need at Safety.  At this point you draft for depth, not for starters.  I also like Andre Roberts here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Yeah, did you ever watch McCluster play?  Comparing him to a wideout doesn't work -- he was not extremely effective as a slot guy. He is a 3rd down back. There is an ocean between the two as to what you can expect. If you are drafting DM as a WR, you draft him day two, because he was spotty (and that is generous) at WR in the SEC. If you are drafting him as a 3rd down back, you accept the risk. And having watched him burn the Tigers a few times, I can say it is worth the risk. Vice versa . . .  If you put Jackson in the backfield for the rest of his career he would get decimated. Just last season he touched the ball more than Jackson has in his two years in the NFL. And that was in heavy, large traffic that Jackson doesn't see.  That isn't a reason to NOT pick DM, but it is a factor to be thought about.  
    Posted by zbellino

I watched a lot of DM last year.  I'd take him first and foremost to replace Welker as Punt Returner and perhaps Kick Returner if he shows that he's better than Brandon Tate.

I wouldn't use him as a 3rd down back just yet.  I think that role still belongs to Faulk.  But I would put DM in the backfield or the slot, put him in motion, use him on screens and end arounds.  I think you find a way to put him in space and get him the ball.  I would NEVER run him between the tackles, you'd get him killed.  Give him 10 touches a game on offense and handle the bulk of your punt and kick returns.  I bet he'd give you 1,000 all purpose yards and that is very good value to spend #53 on IMO.

My comparison to Jackson is he was a top 20 pick a few months before the draft.  Then all the "experts" starting knocking his size and even as a WR the concern was durability.  Jackson slipped all the way down to #49.  There are a lot of big S and CBs out there and a little guy like Jackson could get killed just as easily down the field as DM would running the ball.  But again, as a back I'd use him more on screens, reverses, as a decoy, etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Faulk talk
    If Tebow becomes a Patriot, running back Kevin Faulk won’t have a problem with it.

“He’s a winner — that’s all I got to say,’’ Faulk said. “Who doesn’t want a winner on their team?’’

Yesterday, Faulk took a break from his offseason workouts to meet with reporters. As he enters his 12th season with the Patriots, he can appreciate what it means to spend his entire career with one team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Back to reality. #22 DE/OLB Brandon Graham - move up to 19 if we have to.  We have a solid 43 DL today.  Adding Graham gives us the edge rusher we need.  Assuming we stay a base 34 team we are still in the nickel and 4 DL sets enough where Graham will make an impact.  If he can play a little 34 OLB, so much the better but the value is there even if he isn't stellar at OLB.  Replacing Seymour isn't in the cards this year and I would not spend another top pick on the DL this year. #44 OLB Daryl Washington - This move make our transition to 43 complete or at least gives our nickel and sub packages a big boost on the outside.  We now have perhaps the fastest and most athletic LB corps anywhere. #48 TE Rob Gronkowski - If he clears medical, he's the best TE in the draft.  With Welker on the shelf, gives Brady a big target to work the middle. #53 WR/RB Dexter McCluster - I just think he's a must have player.  Adds depth at WR (especially in the slot), RB and overnight he bolsters the return game.  Just a special player that is quicker than he is fast.  Makes people miss.  Give him 10-12 touches a game and he will be electric.  Love him. #119 FS Kam Chancellor - With McGowan a cancer in the locker room and now with questions about Meriweather's character there is a need at Safety.  At this point you draft for depth, not for starters.  I also like Andre Roberts here.
    Posted by Faucetman

If we do transition to a 4-3 I would propose this:

#22 Sean Witherspoon-OLB
    A team leader, exactly what the Pats lacked last year.  Strong and talented he may vey well be the best LB after Rolando McClain in one of the deepest drafts in years.  If we make the transition, he is an absolute must have.
    #44 Carlos Dunlap-DE
    Yes, the character issues are there but remember, he's only 20.  How many of us were totally mature at age 20, not many.  Dunlap has tremendous talent and would be the pass rushing presense we need at DE to make the transition complete. He may not be there at this point, but people like him have slipped in the past.
    #47 Rob Gronkowski-TE 
    If he stays healthy, he's a steal.  The best all-around TE in the draft and a good target for Brady to throw to.
    #53 Toby Gerhart-HB
    The pound it out back we need.  The Pats could not run the ball to churn time last year and it cost them.  Gerhart is the solution to that and will play the role of a goal-line back, as Maroney fumbled too much.  This allows us to cut Sammy Morris.
    #119 Andre Roberts-WR
    Tough and fills a need at WR.  A great pick at this spot-tremendous value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Back to reality. #22 DE/OLB Brandon Graham - move up to 19 if we have to.  We have a solid 43 DL today.  Adding Graham gives us the edge rusher we need.  Assuming we stay a base 34 team we are still in the nickel and 4 DL sets enough where Graham will make an impact.  If he can play a little 34 OLB, so much the better but the value is there even if he isn't stellar at OLB.  Replacing Seymour isn't in the cards this year and I would not spend another top pick on the DL this year. #44 OLB Daryl Washington - This move make our transition to 43 complete or at least gives our nickel and sub packages a big boost on the outside.  We now have perhaps the fastest and most athletic LB corps anywhere. #48 TE Rob Gronkowski - If he clears medical, he's the best TE in the draft.  With Welker on the shelf, gives Brady a big target to work the middle. #53 WR/RB Dexter McCluster - I just think he's a must have player.  Adds depth at WR (especially in the slot), RB and overnight he bolsters the return game.  Just a special player that is quicker than he is fast.  Makes people miss.  Give him 10-12 touches a game and he will be electric.  Love him. #119 FS Kam Chancellor - With McGowan a cancer in the locker room and now with questions about Meriweather's character there is a need at Safety.  At this point you draft for depth, not for starters.  I also like Andre Roberts here.
    Posted by Faucetman

I like a lot of this, but I still think NE needs to come away with an OL player and a WR. That covers the hole at OLB and TE, but WR and OL are need positions from a depth/talent perspective that aren't answered here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I watched a lot of DM last year.  I'd take him first and foremost to replace Welker as Punt Returner and perhaps Kick Returner if he shows that he's better than Brandon Tate. I wouldn't use him as a 3rd down back just yet.  I think that role still belongs to Faulk.  But I would put DM in the backfield or the slot, put him in motion, use him on screens and end arounds.  I think you find a way to put him in space and get him the ball.  I would NEVER run him between the tackles, you'd get him killed.  Give him 10 touches a game on offense and handle the bulk of your punt and kick returns.  I bet he'd give you 1,000 all purpose yards and that is very good value to spend #53 on IMO. My comparison to Jackson is he was a top 20 pick a few months before the draft.  Then all the "experts" starting knocking his size and even as a WR the concern was durability.  Jackson slipped all the way down to #49.  There are a lot of big S and CBs out there and a little guy like Jackson could get killed just as easily down the field as DM would running the ball.  But again, as a back I'd use him more on screens, reverses, as a decoy, etc.
    Posted by Faucetman

I wouldn't. He wasn't very good at WR -- he was electric out of the backfield. 
    It would be like buying a pickup and hoping it turns into a coupe. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

" Back to reality " huh , LOL. Seriously man trying to justify taking Tebow at 22 makes you look like an uneducated fan. Sorry Im not trying to be a di ck , but the guy couldnt play the position in college , hes miles away from being pro-ready. Watching him in college made me laugh thinking of him trying to pick up Lebeau's blitz packages. No way he gets away w/ running like that in the pros either. He reminds me of a bigger , stronger Matt Cassell. Anyway... Ive been saying we need to seriously address the S position all year, especially in todays game. The PATS have so many needs that they can almost go best available IMHO. Id wait on OLB until the second round , none of these guys blows me away enough. But I love all as second rounders , there really isnt much of a difference between Hughes and Graham or Bowman/Kindle. I think we need some real playmakers , Im all for trading up to grab one. Jacksonville is looking/dying to trade out of the 10 spot. Their selling lemonade on the side to make rent. Id love to grab a Haden , McClain , Berry or " my boy " Thomas. I can see a scenerio where Berry falls to ten. I have 2 QB's , maybe 3 DT's , 3-4 T's , going in the top ten. The PATS are one of the teams that love to use their S's interchangeably and the guys we have now dont cut it IMHO. Berry/Thomas are both hawks , can/will/like to hit/tackle , I actually think Thomas is a lil' better than Berry there , and both are versatile enough to play anywhere in the secondary. Most importantly they both have the smarts/FBI to diagnose and read play before they happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

D.M. is not a NFL slot rec , LOL , what gives you that idea...at all? He NEEDS to play in space , he just doesnt have the ability/route running to seperate in tight areas. Id much rather take Best , hes the lol best all around back in this draft. A guy I really like is Mike Johnson from Bama , Ive been on him for a while now. Hes smart , tough , versatile (can play both G spots ) , and athletic. Cant believe hes still under the rader , we can grab him in the 3rd/4th if we trade back. Im not crazy about any of the receivers in this draft and dont think this years draft is nearly as deep as peopel like to say it is. Way to many people on here listen/watch way too much TV/radio. If I were going after Bryant Id be very concerned about his ability to play inside the hash marks. This kid has me nervous. D. Thomas has only ran 2 routes his entire time in college , thats one of the big problems w/ guys coming out of the spread. He's shown no route running ability at all , like I said hes run only 2 patterns his entire time in school , the deep post and crossing pattern. I would even think about taking any in the first , I like Decker ,  both Williams , Tate , Shipley , and Benn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Lol. You just said you were sick of all the Tebow talk!

To counter your Dungy and Gruden comments, both those guys are either idiots (Gruden) or incredibly partial (Dungy) to a Christian athlete. 

Gruden drafted Cadillac Williams top 5, and once had 4 or 5 qbs on his roster in Tampa Bay. I think he loves many QB's, and that he's not the greatest guy for picking talent.

Dungy loves to play the great, Christian man and I'm sure he'd love to see another great Christian drafted high. Hence the support. 

Let's be honest here, do you see Tebow revolutionizing the QB position? It's one thing to say he could develop, but another to say he's going to change the game. 

I liked your draft, but I could see the Pats picking a WR in round 2. I would love Graham in a Pats uni next year. I also don't see them picking KC. The chatter about Merriweather being a bad leader has largely been on this board. I think he's a knucklehead too, but I remember Belichick mentioning Mayo and Merriweather in January when there was a lot of scrutiny over the Pats leadership. I think it was in the Reiss' blog when Bruschi was talking about leadership. 

Faulk talk If Tebow becomes a Patriot, running back Kevin Faulk won’t have a problem with it. “He’s a winner — that’s all I got to say,’’ Faulk said. “Who doesn’t want a winner on their team?’’ Yesterday, Faulk took a break from his offseason workouts to meet with reporters. As he enters his 12th season with the Patriots, he can appreciate what it means to spend his entire career with one team.
    Posted by Faucetman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : If we do transition to a 4-3 I would propose this: #22 Sean Witherspoon-OLB A team leader, exactly what the Pats lacked last year.  Strong and talented he may vey well be the best LB after Rolando McClain in one of the deepest drafts in years.  If we make the transition, he is an absolute must have. #44 Carlos Dunlap-DE Yes, the character issues are there but remember, he's only 20.  How many of us were totally mature at age 20, not many.  Dunlap has tremendous talent and would be the pass rushing presense we need at DE to make the transition complete. He may not be there at this point, but people like him have slipped in the past. #47 Rob Gronkowski-TE  If he stays healthy, he's a steal.  The best all-around TE in the draft and a good target for Brady to throw to. #53 Toby Gerhart-HB The pound it out back we need.  The Pats could not run the ball to churn time last year and it cost them.  Gerhart is the solution to that and will play the role of a goal-line back, as Maroney fumbled too much.  This allows us to cut Sammy Morris. #119 Andre Roberts-WR Tough and fills a need at WR.  A great pick at this spot-tremendous value.
    Posted by titletownfan

I'd be equally excited about this.  So many ways to skin the cat in this draft.  With the most picks of any team in the top 53 we should come out of the draft as the most improved team.  Factor that in with THREE previous 3rd round picks who have yet to play, Crable, McKenzie and Tate, we should be ready to defend the division if not make a run at another SB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I like a lot of this, but I still think NE needs to come away with an OL player and a WR. That covers the hole at OLB and TE, but WR and OL are need positions from a depth/talent perspective that aren't answered here. 
    Posted by zbellino

McCluster provides some help at WR.  I'd take Roberts at #119 over Chancellor so that answers WR.  We could take Saffold if he's still around at 44 instead of Washington.  With Crable and McKenzie hopefully both ready to contibute, I'd do that.  I'd really like to trade 44 or 48 to get a 3rd and an early 4th.  Then we could make a play for Asamoah and still get our TE in Hernandez or Pitta.