2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

Faucet,
    I'd agree with most of that list, Bryan Bulaga (OT Iowa), Anthony Davis (OT Rutgers) and Jason Pierre-Paul (DE South Florida) are other names that I've seen thrown around consistently in that range.

Hopefully someone burns a pick on Mays that high, it'd just mean another quality player has the potential to drop.

Believe it or not, only 2 OG's have been taken in the top 16 since 1989 (Chris Naole 10th in 1997 and Ruben Brown 14th in 1995), so it'd be quite an achievement for him to go that high, I think he's at the very least a top 20 pick though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pats,
    Campbell sounds like an intriguing late round option, I'm gonna have to do some research on him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

mb,

Thanks for the feedback.  This was my next wave of talent, again in no particular order.  This group is very sketchy and there are at least 20 names that could be interchanged with most of these guys.  You'll note that I had Bulaga and Davis on this list.   Jason Pierre-Paul just missed this list but could be here also. 

Last year people had Mays at a top 5 safety if he came out.  Now, you're right, he's fallen off.  I still think he is a great player, smart, knows his position, well coached, etc.  I think he will go in the first but could be in the late 20s.

Of the list below I'd go for Spikes or Graham at #22 and be thrilled.

5 of these guys should be gone by #22
    17DTOrdick25CBWilson2DT
    18DEB. Graham26OTBulaga2DE
    19OTB. Campbell27RBBest3OT
    20DBE. Thomas28OTA. Davis2RB
    21RBDwyer29OLBSapp2WR
    22WRTate30OLBWeatherspoon2OLB
    23ILBSpikes31WRLaFell1ILB
    24DEWootten32CPouncey1CB
    1C

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Here is my Stab..

#22 DE/OLB-Brandon Graham-Michigan 
    Lit it up in the Senior Bowl.  hough the height isn't there, he has good speed and weight and will be the force the Pats need to spark the Pass Rush.  Though his sack totals aren't quite as good as Jerry Hughes, his TFL's exceed them.

#42 TE-Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
    Coming off an injury really cost him a selection in the mid-1st.  This makes him an excellent value in the 2nd round, and one that BB would pounce on (ex. Brandon Tate).  With Watson leaving, Gresham is a very well rounded TE, who could focus on pass catching with an elite blocking TE like Chris Baker, but also block when needed.  At 6-6, 260, he would be nearly impossible to contain in the red zone with his great hands.

#48 OT-Kyle Calloway-Iowa
    A big, strong, and all-round tackle, Calloway projects as a very solid RT in the NFL.  Moving Vollmer over to the left would give the Pats great protection on the outside, and not to mention, two 6-8 monsters at Tackle.

#53 WR-Arrelious Benn-Illinois
    A big deep threat with decent speed, and someone to play across from Randy Moss.  This is a reciever that will not draw the #4 CB, and will allow the Pats more creativity outside the deep ball to Moss and short pass to Edelman (or Welker).  Could, like mentioned above, become Randy Moss's heir.

#118 HB-LaGarrette Blount-Oregon
    A bruising back, Brandon Jacobs 2.0, and the time burning, power back the Pats need.  Had a tremendous Senior Bowl, but Character concerns drop this 2nd rd talent into the 3rd-4th.  However, those are the players BB will take a chance on (Meriweather, Tate, Dillon, Moss, etc).  Might have to trade into Rd 3 for him when DraftDay rolls around.

Rd 6-P-Zoltan Mesko-Michigan
    No clue about him, but the Pats could afford to upgrade from Chris Hanson and this guy is ESPN's #1 Punter.

Feedback (negative and positive) is welcome and requested.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Hey titletownfan,

Interesting mock.  You changed things up a bit from what a lot of people were doing.  My only criticism is you didn't pick at DT/NT type and this draft is loaded with good ones.  I think an unhappy Wilfork plays out 2010 under the tag then is gone and I have ZERO faith that Brace will get it done.  Green is likely gone so even if VW stays, depth is needed.  Therefore I think we'd be crazy not to address the DL more than just the pass rushing Graham.  But I love Graham at #22 if he's there after watching him at the Senior Bowl.  Chances are some one will take him before he gets to us.  I see him now going in the 15 range and certainly will move up there with a strong Combine. 

I agree we likely need a TE because I don't see Watson being happy once he hears the low ball offer the Pats will throw at him.  Gresham is the top rated TE on a lot of boards.  I'm not overly concerned about his injury since it was cartiledge and not a ligament.  I would prefer to address other needs first but agree on the need.

I see what your planning for Calloway but there are at least 8-10 OTs I have rated higher so better options should be available at 47.  I would rather address DT by now too.  I think Calloway could be had in the 4th.  Besides, I have our needs at OG a little higher unless we cut Light loose.

I like Benn at 53.

Blout would be a steal at 117.  I think the anger/character issues will cost him some but after that performance Saturday there will be some teams willing to give him a shot.  I think he's gone the first day.

6th round is the perfect spot for Mesko.  Hanson is a free agent and I'd like to find someone with a stronger leg for less coin.  I'm not sure BB will spend a draft pick on a punter, but could be wrong.

Unless I'm mistaken we have a 7th round pick.  Could still use a DT or a RB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

title you had me until pick 42, we have so many pressing needs that grabing Gresham in the second I don't think it will happen or SHOULD happen.

around that pick there will still be 3 RBs on the board some DTs OLs and OLBs we need those ahead of any TE.  I think there's some talent at TE in the 4th or 5th. 
    Like calloway, like Benn even though I'm really high on Cooper I don't think Blount makes it out of the 2nd, he'll be picked late in the 2nd.
    Mesko, don't know about him but I think there's a guy by the name of Matt Dodge who has a beast of a leg and he is the size of a safety 6'2" 225 that would be my pick.

So like 22, 48, agree with 53 although I would grab Cooper 118 would be a gift can't argue with Mesko (I think he's rated the highest out of the punters />

Where are you 7 rounders?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

mb also look at Martin Tevaseu, he's a possible 6th or 7th round pick.

There's not much on him, came accross an article about him and been trying to find more out.  He's much of a long shot but at 6'2" 340 5.0 40 I think would be a player we can take a chance at late, very late.

There are some rough gems in later rounds, I don't know if BB has any connections to UNLV but I would be making a call to find out more about this guy a la Vollmer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Faucet,
    To piggy back on your top 16, bottom 16 1st round list, I put together a list below of all players that could be on NE's radar in rounds 1-4 (would need to trade down or up into the 3rd round).  Let me know who you'd like to add/take away:

Pats, AKA, All,
    I'd like your feedback as well.

Rd 1:
    Rolando McClain- The only guy I think they'll trade up for.
    Mike Iupati- Might be gone by 22, but is a solid option.
    Brandon Spikes- My current choice at 22.
    Jared Odrick- my 1A choice at 22.
    Dan Williams- Might be gone by 22, but is a solid option.
    Mount Cody- Another potential fit as a 3-4 NT.
    Golden Tate- A long shot, could possibly be had in the early 2nd.
    Sergio Kindle- My feeling on him is well known, but he's in the convo.
    Jonathan Dwyer- Also an early 2nd round possibility
    Brandon Graham- Personally I think BB will pass due to height, but he's played himself onto the radar.

Rd 2:
    Kyle Wilson- A solid option at CB.  I know Pats likes him in Rd 1.
    Donovan Warren- Another possibility at CB.
    Perrish Cox- See Warren.
    Brandon Ghee- See Warren.
    Javier Arenas- See Warren.
    Myron Rolle- This is his ceiling, he's an intriguing overall prospect.
    Chad Jones- Prob his ceiling as well, might be more of a 3rd rounder.
    Ryan Mathews- The RB of the future?
    Jahvid Best- An option, though I prefer Mathews.
    Mike Johnson- A solid OG from Alabama.
    Matt Tennant- A solid C/OG from BC.
    Kyle Calloway- A solid OT from Iowa.
    Mike Pouncey- Notice a theme, a solid C/OG from Florida.
    Vladimir Ducasse- Heard his name thrown out, not impressed thus far.
    Micah Johnson- Another SEC option at ILB.
    Jermaine Gresham- They could use an upgrade at TE.
    Rob Gronkowski- See Gresham.
    Aaron Hernandez- See Gresham.
    Corey Wootton- An option as a 3-4 DE.
    Arrelious Benn- Love his size/skill set.
    Brandon LaFell- Another option at WR.
    Damian Williams- Another option at WR.
    Dexter McCluster- an option, but I think Faulk will be back.
    Sean Weatherspoon- Would have to move to 3-4 ILB can also play 4-3 OLB.
    Jerry Hughes- Solid 3-4 OLB prospect.
    Ricky Sapp- Another potential 3-4 OLB.
    Arthur Jones- Another potential 3-4 DE.
    Tim Tebow- Wouldn't be the most popular choice.

Rd 3:
    Toby Gerhard- Solid RB option.
    Ben Tate- See Gerhart.
    LeGarrette Blount- See Gerhart. 
    Riley Cooper- Love him as a rd 3-4 WR option.
    Jacoby Ford- An explosive slot option.
    Dennis Pitta- A TE/H-back option.
    Ed Dickson- Explosive TE/H-back option.
    Jimmy Graham- May have played himself into a 3rd round TE option.
    John Jerry- Potential OG prospect
    JD Walton- C/OG propsect.
    Vince Oghobaase- Ideal 3-4 DE size.
    Lamar Houston- Potential 3-4 DE.
    Sean Lee- Smart/versatile LB prospect from LB U.
    Amari Spievey- A CB with Iowa connections.
    Cam Thomas- Potential 3-4 NT prospect.

Rd 4:
    Sean Canfield- Potential QB prospect.
    Cold McCoy- See Canfield.
    Charles Scott- Potential RB prospect.
    Anthony Dixon- See Scott.
    Eric Decker- Would be projected higher if not for injury.
    Jordan Shipley- A slot option.
    Antonio Brown- Percy Harvin-lite
    Michael Hoomanawanui- Stud blocking TE.
    Sam Young- OT with ND ties.
    Zane Beadles- Potential C/OG prospect.
    Jermaine Cunningham- Love him as a mid round 3-4 OLB option.
    Alex Carrington- Small school 3-4 OLB option.
    Lindsey Witten- 3-4 OLB option.
    Joe Pawelek- Mid round ILB prospect.
    Pat Angerer- See Pawelek.
    Koa Misi- 3-4 OLB prospect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Cool, I'll check him out too.

Check out Alex Daniels, he's a 6-3 260 DE from Cincinnati who will most likely have to move to the 3-4 in NE.  Very active, athletic looking kid, good build, he caught my eye watching the Cincinnati vs. South Florida game this year and is probably in the 6-7 round range at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

mb,

Wow, great list.  It's exciting to think 5 of those guys will be on our roster when the season starts.  My comments in blue.  I ranked my favorites based on reality. 

Rd 1:
    Rolando McClain- My dream pick and worth the cost to move up
    #2 Mike Iupati- Not as polished as advertised but tough to pass up if there. Would go DL first though based purely on need.  Although if Neal retires, I'm not ready to see Connolly as our starting RG.  I think this move alone would help our running game and screen passing game.  He needs a little work on technique but all the measureables are there, great motor, etc.
    Brandon Spikes-
    #4 Jared Odrick- Would take D. Williams first but solid fall back plan
    #1 Dan Williams- Would be thrilled to get him here. I just think the uncertainty of Wilfork, the sure loss of Green make a DT a priority. Either Williams, Odrick or Cody would shore up that line.  Williams and Odrick in particular excite me because they can play anywhere on all downs IMO.
    Mount Cody- Concerned about him staying in shape.  Would be third option for me at DT and would like to see if he slips to 44
    Golden Tate- Love him but think WR should wait
    Sergio Kindle- Not sold on this kid, especially this high
    Jonathan Dwyer- RB should wait
    #3 Brandon Graham- Reminds me of LaMarrr Woodley, similar size and skill set.  I totally believe he can play standing up.

If we get any one of the 4 guys I highlighted I would be stoked.  The difference in my rankings are meaningless as each bring something different to the table.  I think we have to shore up the lines on both sides of the ball but to get a pass rushing, disruptive player like Graham is awfully enticing.

Rd 2:
    Kyle Wilson- I don't think he lasts.  If he does, slam dunk at 44
    Donovan Warren- I'm very high on this kid but hate that we haven't solved our problem at CB with 3 high picks and a few F/A signings.
    Perrish Cox- Too high for him, IMO.  I have McCourtney and Robinson higher.  If one of them are available or Warren I would be very tempted.
    Brandon Ghee- See Cox.
    Javier Arenas- Exciting player, great kick returner and solid nickel.  Don't really need a nickel. 
    Myron Rolle- I think 2nd is too high, maybe at 53 with an amazing Combine.  I just don't think we need SS help that bad, but would love to find the next Rodney Harrison.  Patrick Chung was drafted to be the in-the-box safety.  Chung showed flashes of toughness.  Ideally Chung would take over at SS, Meriweather to either corner or back to nickel with McGowen and Sanders battling it out for FS.  We need to keep Bodden and if we don't draft a CB, hope one of the Ws or the Butler steps up.
    Chad Jones- I like him better than Rolle, ditto my comments for Rolle.
    Ryan Mathews-
    Jahvid Best- adding either back would be nice.  I might get some heat for this but I think we should give Maroney one more year, dump Morris and add McCluster.
    Mike Johnson- A little high for him even at 53.  I'd take Jon Asamoah first.  At 53 would be a perfect spot for Asamoah.  Although not as big, he's the better athlete.  BB loves pulling guards and this guy is the fastest of any of the top rated guards.  He hurt his shoulder though, not sure how seriously.
    Matt Tennant- #53 would be right spot for him. Very fast for his size and versatile.  I like him here better than Johnson or Asamoah.
    Kyle Calloway- This draft is so deep in OTs and DTs. Love this kid but wonder if he could be had later.  Most years he'd be a solid 2nd.  This year late 3rd maybe even there at 117.  If I had my way, I'd keep Light for 2010 as the top back-up, play Vollmer at LT and let this kid compete with Kaczur.
    Mike Pouncey- I love him.  If he lasts until 44 would be hard to pass up.  Only thing is it gives us three guys who can play C/G in Koppen and Connolly but Pouncey would be an upgrade to both.
    Vladimir Ducasse- Don't know anything about him.
    #53-2 Jermaine Gresham- They could use an upgrade at TE. Agreed.  Would not be shocked to lose Watson and any of these three would be a nice addition in the 2nd.
    Rob Gronkowski-
    Aaron Hernandez-
    #44-2 Corey Wootton- YES, YES, YES.  Can he hang on and be there at #44?
    #47-2 Arrelious BennI love all three of these guys.  I would add Demaryius Thomas to the list too.  
    Brandon LaFell-
    Damian Williams-
    #53-1 Dexter McCluster- I love this kid.  He's the next Darren Sproles.  We can line him up at WR in the slot or out wide, at RB, coming out of the backfield on 3rd downs, can run reverses, return kicks.  He would be deadly on screen passes, just get him the ball in space and he will make people miss.  He does it all.  With Welker out (even with Edelman) and Faulk getting long in the tooth this would be a great pick.   He is so exciting to watch and is a threat to take it to the house. 
    #44-1 Sean Weatherspoon- I'm not sure if he gets out of the first round now.  Even if he does would be shocked if still on the board at #44.  God, I love this kid though.  He is just a play maker
    #47-1 Jerry HughesIf we miss out on Graham or Weatherspoon, this would be a solid option, maybe even at 47.
    Ricky Sapp- Has all the measureables but don't think he is a good fit. 
    Tim Tebow- Great character guy but I don't think he goes on the first day anymore.  Everyone is talking H back.  I've even heard LB.  Great college QB that may be his legacy.

Rd 3:
    Toby Gerhard- Solid RB option.
    Ben Tate- See Gerhart.
    LeGarrette Blount- See Gerhart. 
    Riley Cooper- Love him as a rd 3-4 WR option.
    Jacoby Ford- An explosive slot option.
    Dennis Pitta- A TE/H-back option.
    Ed Dickson- Explosive TE/H-back option.
    Jimmy Graham- May have played himself into a 3rd round TE option.
    John Jerry- Potential OG prospect
    JD Walton- C/OG propsect.
    Vince Oghobaase- Ideal 3-4 DE size.
    Lamar Houston- Potential 3-4 DE.
    Sean Lee- Smart/versatile LB prospect from LB U.
    Amari Spievey- A CB with Iowa connections.
    Cam Thomas- Potential 3-4 NT prospect.

We don't have a 3rd round pick.

Rd 4:
    Sean Canfield- Potential QB prospect.
    Cold McCoy- See Canfield.
    Charles Scott- Potential RB prospect.
    Anthony Dixon- See Scott.
    Eric Decker- Would be projected higher if not for injury.
    Jordan Shipley- A slot option.
    Antonio Brown- Percy Harvin-lite
    Michael Hoomanawanui- Stud blocking TE.
    Sam Young- OT with ND ties.
    Zane Beadles- Potential C/OG prospect.
    Jermaine Cunningham- Love him as a mid round 3-4 OLB option.
    Alex Carrington- Small school 3-4 OLB option.
    Lindsey Witten- 3-4 OLB option.
    Joe Pawelek- Mid round ILB prospect.
    Pat Angerer- See Pawelek.
    Koa Misi- 3-4 OLB prospect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys,

What do you think about Clifton Geathers late in the draft?  He is a project but it's tough to find measurables like his.  At 6-8, 281 for a DE is rare.  His brother is Robert Geathers Jr.  Might be worth a shot in the 6th or 7th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Faucet,
    You have to wonder why Geathers declared for this draft in the first place, knowing he'd received what, a 4th round grade?  He either hated school and/or the lure of the NFL was too tough to pass up.

He's definitely a guy I'd like to take a shot on in the late rounds as a boom/bust type guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I think he got a 4-7th round grade.  I agree, boom or bust.  I go 6th round on him.  I think he got into some trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Yes, I believe it was for throwing down outside a bar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I am curious why people on here do not think Vince Wilfork would sign the franchise contract if it meant he would be traded?  Vince doesnt want to hold out, he wants to get paid.  Just like Cassell not like Peppers.  If the pats tell Vince they will trade him so he can get paid, I have no doubt he will sign the franchise contract.

Anyway, I hope they sign him to a long term deal and keep him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Great work mbeaulieu. When do you think the Patriot brass wades into free agency and will they be willing to sacrifice draft picks for quality NFL players....I got the flu for awhile there so if this has been discussed please let me know. Always love the draft posts. 4 of first 64 makes this drafr very exciting. Who is BB targeting with two firsts in 2011....Ingram....Locker....or DE DT to replace Seymour ..

Appreciate this thread. No trolls. No smack talk. Just heartfelt discussions on the future of the Patriots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Faucet,
    Thanks for your feedback on the list.  I'd agree that realistically they're down to probably 5 guys in rd 1, Spikes, Williams, Odrick, Iupati and Graham, though I have Graham as my least likely of the bunch based on size and questions on his coverage ability and skills in space.  The other 4 seem to be more of a known quantity, you know what you're getting, not much projection needed and all are great fit's with ideal size/skill set for BB's schemes.

For me, I'd narrow the 2nd round down to the following:

Ryan Mathews- Their RB of the future.
    Kyle Wilson- Solid CB option with some return ability.
    Arrelious Benn- Moss' potential successor at WR. He has the size/skill set that you look for.
    OL OL OL- Tennant, Pouncey, Johnson, Calloway.
    Dexter McCluster- You'd need to find a way to fit him into the offense, but give him the ball and watch out.
    Jerry Hughes- He's 'short', but he can get to the QB.
    Sean Weatherspoon- A move to ILB is inevitable at his size (unless they go base 4-3).  I love his enthusiasm/leadership on the field and his ability to make plays.

I agree, I may have Rolle about 15-20 picks too high, he's probably more likely a 3rd rounder at this point.  He intrigues me as a player though.

Rds 3 (if they trade) and 4, I'd narrow down to this:

Myron Rolle- Size/speed/instincts/character/intelligence.
    Riley Cooper-Potential outside guy opposite Moss.
    Eric Decker- Potential outside guy opposite Moss.
    Jimmy Graham- The darkhorse TE prospect, he's on the rise.
    Jermaine Cunningham- They finally settle on one of the many 'shorter' 3-4 OLB prospects.
    Toby Gerhart- If they pass on RB in rd 2. 
    Cam Thomas- Big 3-4 NT prospect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from akaitcho. Show akaitcho's posts

Did anyone here something about OLB Carl Ihenacho 6-3 245 ?

I'm still high on Jimmy Graham and think he will move in round 2 and hope the Patriots get him.
    Why? He catches everything in his sight, With his height a great red zone target and he runs good routes. For the blocking they have baker.

McCluster would be a great heir of Faulk, I mean just watch him and you are amazed what he can do, as a Returner, WR and RB, amazing.

I'm with you in the First mb. The graham pick, like every other OLB in the first 2 rounds,  depends on the signing of Peppers, hopefully they get Peppers and a solid Backup in the later rounds.Then they can concentrate on DT, DE and OL in the first 3 picks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

JohnHannarulz,
    Thanks man!

Good question on FA.  Personally I don't think they trade draft picks for this years draft for players, there's just too much talent available in this class.

The dynamic of FA could change this year too as teams have 2 franchise tenders available to assign.  There also the rule that top 8 teams can't sign a guy until they lose one, so it may be a pretty crazy year.  I'm not that well versed when it comes to FA, so anyone else, please feel free to hope in and correct me if need be.

As for the 2011 draft, a lot depends on where that Oakland pick falls, but a few guys to keep an eye on throughout the 2010 NCAA season are:

Michael Floyd- WR- Notre Dame
    Kyle Rudolph- TE- Notre Dame
    Julio Jones- WR- Alabama
    Mark Ingram- RB- Alabama
    Jake Locker- QB- Washington
    Greg Romeus- DE- Pitt
    Jared Crick- DT/DE- Nebraska
    Chris Galippo- ILB- USC
    Patrick Peterson- CB- LSU
    Allen Bailey- DT/DE- Miami
    Marcel Dareus- DE- Alabama
    Adrian Clayborn- DE - Iowa
    Cameron Heyward- DT/DE- Ohio State

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Rd 1:
    Rolando McClain- The only guy I think they'll trade up for.
    What a gift this would be, this guy can do it all but you are right top 15 even maybe a top 10 pick.  If he falls to 22 BB sends his draft card before the commish gets off the stage announcing 21.
    Mike Iupati- Might be gone by 22, but is a solid option.
    Damn him, he looked really good last week even when he was moved to play RT he still did a very nice job.  He will be gone by 22, guys like this do not come around too often.  If he's there and McClain is gone he will me in the mix.
    Brandon Spikes- My current choice at 22.
    Playmaker I just don't know if BB takes him at 22, like what he brings and would be solid.  If Iupati is gone and Odrick I think this would be a nice pick.
    Jared Odrick- my 1A choice at 22.
    My pick, he will be solid both in passing downs and against the run.  He can play DE34 or DT43.  He should be there at 22.
    Dan Williams- Might be gone by 22, but is a solid option.
    IMO he's gone by this point, we would need to move to low teens to get him.  An interesting point was made when Mayock was talking about him.  Said this kid told him he would preffer to play DE than NT even with his size.  He wants to be in a role to get into the backfield. 
    Mount Cody- Another potential fit as a 3-4 NT.
    Don't like him unless he's a late late 2nd rndr at best, when a guy knows he's about interview for 32 prospective employers and still does the one thing he is been criticized for Weight you have to ask about his commitment.  Is he just looking for the payday and then eating his way out of the NFL?
    Golden Tate- A long shot, could possibly be had in the early 2nd.
    If the Pats trade out of 22 to say 29 or 30 I think Tate becomes part of the talk.  There's much upside there, it was well documented the Patriots wanted Harvin last year I think Tate is even better.  But do not think he is the guy at 22.
    Sergio Kindle- My feeling on him is well known, but he's in the convo.
    The more I study this guy the further down he falls, I think he has a bust feel around him.  He should be off the consideration at 22, actually not on my board.
    Jonathan Dwyer- Also an early 2nd round possibility
    Like the kid, wrote before I've seen him since he played at Kell High School which is 5 minutes from my house.  He would be a great back but as a 2nd rounder not at 22.
    Brandon Graham- Personally I think BB will pass due to height, but he's played himself onto the radar.
    Man what can you say about him, I know the height thing is an issue with BB but this is a beast of a player.  He is day one starter and will lead the team in sacks.  My 22nd pick is a toss between him and Odrick.
    Rd 2:
    Kyle Wilson- A solid option at CB.  I know Pats likes him in Rd 1.
    If he lasts to the 2nd round, grab him! he's my 42nd pick.  Also a day one starter if Bodden is not signed if he is a #3 and KR.
    Donovan Warren- Another possibility at CB.
    Good size at 6'0" runs a 4.40 40 so he's good speed, he's a solid pick and should be a solid nickle CB the first year.  Has the ability to turn into a really good cover corner.
    Perrish Cox- See Warren.
    Also good size at 6'1", all these guys would be a great addition and upgrade over Wilhite.  I would like to see them in this order
    Wilson, Warren, Ghee, Cox, Arenas but not much separates them after Wilson
    Brandon Ghee- See Warren.
    Javier Arenas- See Warren.
    Myron Rolle- This is his ceiling, he's an intriguing overall prospect.
    I like this guy, I would not scream blody murder if he's taken in the second round.  I would consider move Merri to CB and having Chung and Rolle compete for the job or Chung SS Rolle FS but he's in the mix to start. Regardless get rid of McGowan.
    Chad Jones- Prob his ceiling as well, might be more of a 3rd rounder.
    Jones I like but as you say as 3rd rounder, played in the SEC so has experience against top rated players.  He would be nothing more than a special teams guy his first year and maybe help in some subpackages against the run.  The guy is big, if he puts another 20lbs on he can play LB so who knows.
    Ryan Mathews- The RB of the future? YES, enough said lol
    Jahvid Best- An option, though I prefer Mathews.
    Like you I like Mathews but I'm sure most NFL teams do as well.  In the second round Best will be 2nd option.
    Mike Johnson- A solid OG from Alabama.
    Have to research to learn more about him, but we need a OG and won't get the top rated one so he could be an option.
    Matt Tennant- A solid C/OG from BC.
    I'm in the minority who thinks we need a new nasty center, if Tennant is mean and nasty then I'm on board.
    Kyle Calloway- A solid OT from Iowa.
    If he's there in the 50s and we haven't trade to get a pick there other than our assigned one I think Calloway is worth getting back into that round to take.
    Mike Pouncey- Notice a theme, a solid C/OG from Florida.
    hmmm heard the name have not seen him other than knowing there's a reason why Tebow ran all over the field so if he can do that in the NFL I'm on the getting a C and G type player but has to be one that brings a toughness to that OL.
    Vladimir Ducasse- Heard his name thrown out, not impressed thus far.
    He needs a lot of work, there's always a kid that starts to be talked about begins rising up boards but then is brought back to reality on draft day.  He is a 3rd rndr at best.
    I like him as a 3rd rnder
    Jermaine Gresham- They could use an upgrade at TE.
    Is a 2nd rndr but I think we need to stay away from a TE at this point of the draft.  There are some TEs that can do the job they are asked to do in NE's scheme later in the draft. Same with the others.
    Rob Gronkowski- See Gresham.
    Aaron Hernandez- See Gresham.
    Corey Wootton- An option as a 3-4 DE.
    Seen some mixed reviews on this kid, need to watch more on him.  He looks the part but can he play it at the next level.  Will hold my opinion until the combine.
    Arrelious Benn- Love his size/skill set.
    Other than Cooper Benn is a guy I would love to see as a #2 next year.
    Brandon LaFell- Another option at WR.
    Damian Williams- Another option at WR.
    Dexter McCluster- an option, but I think Faulk will be back.
    Great abilities but need a solid #1 back, if we had one take this kid in the 3rd as a back you can use similar as Bush is used in NO.
    Sean Weatherspoon- Would have to move to 3-4 ILB can also play 4-3 OLB.
    I really like Sean, he can be a solid pickup in the 2nd round.  IMO he could bring some heat from the middle.
    Jerry Hughes- Solid 3-4 OLB prospect.
    If we can pick him up in the 2nd round I would agree, just not a 1st rounder option but solid pick in the second.
    Ricky Sapp- Another potential 3-4 OLB.
    I've seen mock drafts that has Saap as the 22nd pick.  I think he will be the better OLB.
    Late 2nd rounder?
    Tim Tebow- Wouldn't be the most popular choice.
    Not in the second round, a 4th or 5th rounder

Round 1 and 2 done, will complete the others later got something call work right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Considering the various mock drafts, has anyone considered FA or who we currently have on the team?...Meaning, I have seen numerous ILB's and OLB's in the various mocks...do we account for Crable and McKenzie or are they just gravy? OR what about Peppers or Jason Taylor in FA?....

I think this year's draft needs to be about playmakers on both sides of the ball, unless we pick up 2-3 FA's that fit that mold. I see a lot of OL in various drafts, and personnally, I would like to use the picks on DE/OLB's, and CB's on defense, and WR/TE on offense. I think I would ride the Maroney/Morris horse for 1 more year, or possibly pick up a later round RB.

So, modify my draft as such
    Round 1: If stay with 22nd overall, I like Graham or Odrick if they fall. I think Odrick can be had at 22. Graham, possibly, but I don't think I would trade up for him. I don't think I would take Spikes at 22, although he is a beast, I don't think it smart to dedicate this high a pick to another ILB position. I am thinking Mayo and McKenzie can get it done, and who knows if we might target someone in FA.

Round 2: (1), Kyle Wilson/Golden Tate, (2) Hughes, (3) Gresham..not sure Gresham will last this long, but if he does, I take him. He is a weapon we will need day 1 on offense. We are wafer thin at WR...so if we don't swing a trade or pick up a FA or 2, it does not matter what we do on defense because Brady will have no one to pass to other than Moss and Edelman. 

If we can secure a 3rd rounder, I would take a WR or possibly an OLB like Eric Norwood if he falls this far. 

what say you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Patslifer-22 agree with you 100% either of those guys would take, don't agree so much on Spikes.  Although he's about my 5th option he's still a guy who is a good option at 22.  Guyton can't get it done, McKenzie is still a ? so picking up another ILB would be great.
    Here's a summary of this kids projection:
    Summary: Cousin of San Francisco linebacker Takeo Spikes; Brandon Spikes plays with heart and passion, and it is obvious once you watch him play.  He is a violent hitter who plays an aggressive style of football.  He has a rare ability of reading plays exceptionally well, which is extremely valuable in the NFL as a rookie.  He is very aggressive in the running game, almost to a point where it hurts him.  He needs to work on not being too aggressive as to where he outruns the play.  He needs to also work on his angles he takes to get to the football.  Once you watch Brandon Spikes play football, you can tell just how passionate this young man is about the game.  He stayed his senior year at Florida, despite being projected to go in the 1st round of the 2009 NFL draft.  He’s one of the leaders of the Gator defense and one of the fiercest hitters in this year’s NFL draft.
    I would draft him just to get a natural leader in the locker room but he is a play maker on the D.
    2nd rnd #1 Wilson/Tate, can't argue would take wilso I just don't know if he will last until then that goes for Tate either
    2nd rnd #2 this would be opposite from 22, draft at 22 OLB get DE here vice versa.  Here Hughes would have great value, a DE here is Wooton or maybe Jones
    2nd rnd #3 this is where you lost me, I don't think TE is a 2nd round need.  There are guys in later rounds that can come in and play the limited role they play in the pats scheme.  This pick should be a OG or OT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

PatsLifer,
    Needs could certainly sway drastically based on FA, however that's as much of an uncertainty as the draft at this point, so I base my mock/projections off of what I know today, or atleast I try to.  My projections will likely change multiple times between now and April 22.

Crable was a productive college player with the ability to get pressure on the QB and make plays behind the line of scrimmage, he also has the size BB loves, so he's been kept around for a reason.  I'm holding out hope that he can contribute, and this is a key year for him.  This team is lacking what he 'can' provide.

McKenzie too was a productive college guy, made a ton of tackles and was said to have elite character etc, BB and crew are extremely high on him.  He'll likely move over to ILB in the 3-4 and hopefully provide quality depth. IMO, they could still use an upgrade to the ILB postion long term which is why I like Spikes.

I'm with you on Odrick for sure, prototypical NE 3-4 DE and he'd fill a huge need.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

on the ILB option, you know say McKenzie comes back and you get Spikes.  On running downs two TE sets, ect you don't think it would be something else to see
    (from weak side to strong side)
    Saap, Mayo, McKenzie, Spikes
    or swap Spikes and McKenzie but that group would scare some RBs.  Not saying starting lineup, that has Spikes in the middle but when you have a 34 set and expect a run.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pats7393,
    Seems we agree on most 1-2 round picks, though I'm higher on Cody than you are.  Man t*ts aside, I think this guy could be a real force against the run, also has show the ability to block kicks on special teams, BB loves guys who can compete on ST.  It'll be interesting to see what kind of condition he shows up in at the combine, could be a little reminiscent of last years potential 1st round pick from Alabama with moobs, Andre Smith (minus all the agent and where is he drama).

I've also changed my tune a bit on Rolle, while I still love him a prospect, a rd 3 grade is more realistic at this point, though I won't hesitate to put him back in rd 2 if he continues to impress during the remaining pre-draft events.