1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well now that you can pretty much stick a fork in this season, today's game may have done more good than bad for the Pats long term. Reason, the Pats got exposed in a bigtime game, which could lead to some major changes in the offseason. The Patriots are at the perverbial "Fork in the Road" and they'll need some major upgrading on the defense and coaching staff. Still feel the offense is good with a better coordinator and only changes I could see would be some youth at RB, 3rd WR, and possibly TE. Defense needs a lot of work in the front 7 were we need to step it up on pass rush and tackling. Would like to see this team rebuild some of the coaching staff under Belichik this offseason with new coordinators. Guess in the coming months we'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to 2010 with hope of seeing a foundation laid for getting us back to many Super Bowls in the coming decade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Re: 2010

I wouldn't change a thing.  The Pats are the best ever.  They just had a bad day...would have gone on to win it all, had they not gotten some unlucky breaks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

T.O. is not coming to New England however they do need to bring in another receiver.  Sam Aiken is not a starting receiver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

There's still 20 seconds left in the game! How dare you say the pats played terrible today, there is still a chance they can come back! It's a close game! You must be a fair weather fan for assuming the game is over already! Blah blah blah!

Anyway, despite them losing terribly today there is reason to be optimistic. Hopefully this will give the team a reason to play with some passion. They haven't seemed like they really wanted to win all year.

Also, they have a good amount of picks in this draft, and the rookies from this year have played very well. Hopefully Welker comes back healthy and we get a new OC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

BB just got an eye full of what he needs for 2010, two bull rushing RBs, upgrading the defense some more, and look for another WR.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Moss is not done.  He was not even close to the problem today.  Brady looked pathetic today. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

I have always been a Brady fan. But thats changing.

But if he doesnt start talking to teammates during the game, changing his body language, stop pouting, and all the other intangibles, the Pats will never win another SuperBowl with him as a QB.

Technically he can still be very very good. But his passion... his body language... all identify a person that I dont want on the Pats anymore. Id rather lose with a no-name QB than have Brady and his attitude around anymore. Even when he wins it isnt the same as it used to be. Football is about passion and attitude. And that is missing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

If anything, Moss wants out of New England.  People that point the finger at him for any of this are just retarded.  He passed up more $ elsewhere to come back to the Pats.  After the way they played today, if Moss really wants to win i bet he prefers to go somewhere else.  You think the offense struggled with Moss lined up?... Imagine this team with no legit receiver.  Moss makes the offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

As much as I hate to admit it, brady does look pretty bad.  Im not sure what his issue is, but something is wrong and dont tell me its his knee.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well hopefully the Pats will know if Moss plans on playing some more after his contract runs out after next season. If there's any indication he does we'll have to definately bring in a WR either draft or FA. I think the biggest problem on offense this year has been the coaching. Fix the coaching and you'll fix most of the problems. The defense needs the most work in the front 7. I wouldn't worry too much about the DB's. The the front 7 improved and those DB's will probably look a whole lot better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Real Patriots fans,

Do yourselves a favor and click the "ignore BTownExpress" icon. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

mkulacz, one of the most moronic posts of all time on this board.  Cograts on that.  If you don't think Brady has passion, you didn't watch Patriots games this year. He was fired up more than ever. He tried to keep and even keel and not get frustrated today.  If you watched the game (which I am questioning if you did) he was talking to Moss and other players on the sidelines the whole time.

He had no time to throw today and if you think Brady is anything but a model leader for an NFL football team, it's back to the drawing board for you. 

Even better, treat yourself to a Patriots training camp practice this summer and watch from right up close how Brady lives and dies by every PRACTICE SNAP.  I sometimes think he thinks its the Super Bowl in practice.  Seriously, get real. You are just flat out wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

After watching every minute of every game this year I can honestly say, 3 second round picks is not nearly enough to fix what needs fixing with this team.

There has been major failures from the top down all year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think your right K-maxx. I don't see this team fixing all the problems in one offseason. Next year maybe a year like this year was. Lets just hope we can keep on building up this team instead of going the other way. This team might be a few years off before getting back into the SB discussion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Hopefully this game will cause Pats fans to stop making fun of  Rex Ryan and the Jets. We laughed at them the whole year and now they are better than us.  Better defense, better running backs. It is sickening to see a team with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB win a road game while we get blown out at home.  The Jets defense will get even better and the offense as well.  Miami is a stud WR away from being a solid team. The Patriots on the other hand are on a steady decline since 2007.

Belichick needs to stop trading out of every damn 1st round to get more picks. Just select the best player available at that position. It is very frustrating that Belichick has the title of a defensive genius while this defense is like Swiss cheese. However that wasnt even the problem out there today. The offense committed 4 turnovers and went 3 and out five or 6 times.  The offense has been suspect the whole year. One game they looked good other game terrible. Look at the red zone td %. We werent even ranked in the top 20 in that category. Four turnovers and so many 3 and outs.  The to's led to 20 Ravens points.   Will Belichck finally get a real offensive coordinator?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Some 30 underclassmen have declared for this deepest of deep drafts.

Our first rounder will be around 24, and we'll have 4 picks in the top 55.

That's 4 first or borderline first round quality picks in one draft.

It will help, and they won't all be on Chung style 3 year development plans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

wizardsjag, the Patriots went from 5-11 in 2000 to Super Bowl Champions in 2001.  They went from 9-7 in 2002 to Super Bowl Champions in 2003 and 2004.  They went from 10-6 in 2006 to 16-0 and a freak play from a perfect season in 2007. 

Saying they can't go from 10-6 this year to a contender next year just wouldn't be true.  It definitely can happen.  They need to make some changes, for sure, but there's still a lot more talent on this team that those 2000, 2002, and 2006 teams had.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~As others have noted, The problem is less with the Game-Plan and Game-Day Coaching (although an issue), AS it is with the quality and number of Skilled Players.  Hopefully, Bill Belichick has finally figured out that The System and ALL The analytical Game-planning Genius doesn't forever and always trump NOT having enough quality, skilled players that can execute on the field of play.

Really can't blame Tom Brady for his frustrations in this sense...His Team has ZERO impact players in the Defensive Front 7 to create turnovers, wear the other team down, or he!!-even keep it close for the second half.  His Offensive weapons ALL year included 2 WRs and NOTHING more...Zero RBs and Zero viable other receiving options (TE or #2 WR).  With No Big play Defensive help, nothing whatsoever on Special Teams, and having a Grand Total of 2 Skilled Weapons at his disposal (the RBs, TEs, #2 WR shouldn't even be in the league), then losing 1 of those 2-The Fallout for Tom Brady and someone like Randy Moss who will therefore ALWAYS be double and triple covered, Inevitably leads to frustrations.

~But I agree in the end with Magicalhobo, THAT there is reason to be optimistic: N.E. has MANY early round picks in Not Only the upcoming draft-but next year's as well, N.E. is not anywhere close to being strapped to the ceiling within Team Salary Cap restraints-So ideally (I'm praying), The Patriot team will be power-players in Free Agency.  Look ALL, Not only was this year a complete beginning of rebuilding this dynastic franchise (most teams don't even make the playoffs during this time), BUT d#mn-A Team can ONLY go so far in the playoffs year after year after year before exhausting themselves...The N.E. Patriots over a 10 year span has most definately played on average of, at the very least, 2 MORE and probably 3 MORE games than 99% of ALL other NFL Franchises (with the exhaustion, mental toll, extra injuries and everything else it entails).  

~So ALL true N.E. Fans...stick around.  OR don't 'cause I don't care...maybe if they lose next year, N.E. can thin out the herd of elitists that buy up most of the tickets...Perhaps then I can finally get into Gillette Country Club so I can throw food and beer at some of you remaining fair-weather high-brow wannabee fans, because I'll cheer just as hard during 2-3 rebuilding seasons as I did during a decade (or 2) of losing years. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonpete. Show bostonpete's posts

This team is in need of massive turnover.  Starting with the coaching staff.  I am not implying we fire Bill;however, he is not the genious most make him out to be.  The OC and DC MUST go, as neither of them know what they are doing, and the Special Teams coordinator is nothing to write home about either.  Next-  the Kraft family needs to step it up.  Teams can not continue to be top notch with quick fix, mediocre reclamation projects.  The pats ticket prices are the highest in the NFL, how about returning their support with some talent.  You can not let go the heart and soul (McGinest, Law, Vinateiri, Samuel, Harrison, Bruschi, Branch, Vrabel, and Seymour) for nothing or completely unproven draft picks that usually get traded anyways.  How much do we want to bet that today was big Vince's last in New England because Bill and the Krafts are too cheap and arrogant.  Moving on-  The defense needs a stud pass rusher and a shutdown corner.  No more Derrick Burgess, Shawn Sporings types;  I mean legitimate talent.  Lastly-  the offense.  Let's get one real RB, not a committee of wounded warriors.  This team thrived behind Antwoin and Corey, the only RB woth a damn now is Faulk.  Welker's injury is not good, but still the team never had a reliable third WR, and the TE are rarely used with Ben Watson never fulfilling his promise.  Time will tell, but this team will be on a serious downslide if they don't adjust to the 2009 flaws.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

To pyegian  - I saw a Tom Brady who was sitting alone on the bench, a lot. I saw him clenching his stomach. Although he did get a score to Edelman, there was a play before that which Tom could have run it close to the endzone instead of throwing it away. Bad decisions, bad throws, bad passion. He isnt having fun. He isnt the QB that he used to be. We all go through this in our lives.. our careers.. mine, yours. Tom gets paid the big bucks to live on a stage for our amusement. We get to judge. Tom is a great QB, who is probably playing hurt, but I think his issues are more mental right now than physical. It happens to all of us. Ive been there myself. I never said he isnt work hard enough. Im saying he doesnt look like he is enjoying it anymore. Perhaps it comes down to bad coaching and he isnt happy with the organization. Whatever the case... Tom lost it today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Lets talk 2010.

Teams that win look better than they are, teams that lose look worse than they are. I dont think the Pats need to be completely ripped up and rebuilt.

Look at today. If Tom Brady doesnt fumble and doesnt throw 3 interceptions, this game would probably have been a Pats victory. No changes to anything else, not the defense or the oline or dumping Maroney or anything. The Ravens played good, but overall if you just change one player on the Pats, its a whole different result for the game.

Please, keep this in mind. Allow yourselves to accept the unimaginable, that the most prolific Patriot player in the history of the organization, and the man that won 3 superbowls for us, was the weak link today. Sure others made mistakes, but this is a no brainer. No need for a total organizational overhaul.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Your right, Tom played poorly today.  But I don't care who was playing quarterback today, there were too many players playing undisciplined, poor football to win.  It's hard to explain, but we also have to give the Ravens credit.  They were everywhere.  Tom had literally no time to throw.  When Patriots receivers let the ball go through their hands, Ravens were there to gobble it up for an interception.  

Look, there have been plenty of similar seasons: 2002, 2005, and 2006 to an extent.  This team still has talent, and it still has Brady, who despite his poor play today, DOES care about football, and is STILL the ultimate leader.  The team needs:

1. A fresh offensive coaching mind
    2. A legitimate outside receiver to complement Moss, Welker, and Edelman
    3. To resign Wilfork
    4. Pass rushers

If those things happen, and they definitely can, the Patriots will be right back in the thick of it next year.

How about Mr. 4 Time MVP Peyton Manning, who has choked in the playoffs every year of his career except for once (2006).  Everyone still seems to think he's a god.  Give Brady a break, in the grand scheme of things, he's the solution, not the problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GameChanger. Show GameChanger's posts

First: 11/9/2005
    Last: 1/10/2010
    I have always been a Brady fan. But thats changing.

But if he doesnt start talking to teammates during the game, changing his body language, stop pouting, and all the other intangibles, the Pats will never win another SuperBowl with him as a QB.

Technically he can still be very very good. But his passion... his body language... all identify a person that I dont want on the Pats anymore. Id rather lose with a no-name QB than have Brady and his attitude around anymore. Even when he wins it isnt the same as it used to be. Football is about passion and attitude. And that is missing.

A Fair-weather fan?
    The man has three cracked ribs! It probably hurts to breathe. Ray Lewis sacks him in the first qtr. driving him to the frozen ground and landing on him full force. You or I would have not have been able to even stand up. His attitude is great because he plays hurt just like all his teammates.  How many Brady passes today wobbled? He can't throw consistently with cracked ribs.  His body language is poor because he is barely holding himself up. He sat down every time he left the field just to get a little relief. Tom Brady brought us THREE SB RINGS! Ignorance is the source of hate. Think about what you saw today and what you have seen from Tom in the past. He played hurt.