2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1***:
    [QUOTE]How do you guys feel about Demarco Murray. I kind of hate his incredibly upright running style, but he is crazy fast, gifted at blocking, receiving and returning, and has a depressed value in the low second/high third. I think this is a weak RB draft, but this kid's size and versatility make me think he could be worth a shot in the right place, especially given his top gear, which is more than enough to marry at least one safety to the line.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I live in Oklahoma and have to put up with all things Sooners.  I've never been impressed by Murray, he doesn't seem to have that fire needed to take his talents to the next level (he's no AP).  OU's offense came alive yesterday when Murray was on the bench and someone else was in the game (his 12 carries, 49 yards - not impressive)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Faucet,

Auburn has Fairley at 6'5" 298. The only place I have found him listed as 6'4" is at DraftScouts -- so I'm not sure how to read that. But the combine will make all this stuff official.

I agree that you always try to get players as low as possible, but I don't think this kid makes it out of the top ten if he keeps playing this way...

I think the reason he compares well to Sey, and poorly to Warren, is that he is much quicker than Warren ever was. Warren never had the elite first step that he has and that looks similar to Seymour ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : I live in Oklahoma and have to put up with all things Sooners.  I've never been impressed by Murray, he doesn't seem to have that fire needed to take his talents to the next level (he's no AP).  OU's offense came alive yesterday when Murray was on the bench and someone else was in the game (his 12 carries, 49 yards - not impressive)
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that is the kind of stuff that is a good to know about a player. Murray didn't have a great game, and that was a huge game to stink it up for. 

I'm just trying to get a read on a player who I haven't watched as much of as I could have. Kind of like  McKnight last season, he looked intriguing the few times I saw him, but a USC fan kind of set me straight...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

1a-julio jones wr alabama (unless we are in the top 3 then you go with aj green)
    1b-akeem ayers olb ucla (prototypical 3-4 olb with all the intangibles)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]..... He is a touch violent, but I actually like to draft those guys because they are the one's who give max effort. ....

that is a good description of how he plays. yet, on games that i have seen, he played clean. violent = intimidating to the qb. clean = no unnecessary roughness penalties. that would be nice.

you also said in another post that he ahs a quick first step....he actually has the quickes first step i have seen in a while. it's either that or all the OLs he;s face this year are really slow. he just explodes through the line even if everyone on the opposite side expects it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

what do you all know of Vinny Curry DE Marshall?  I've seen him listed at 6'4" but anywhere from 223 to 252lbs.  He's tied for 4th in the nation with 9 sacks, he's a junior so offcourse the question is will he declare but this kid could be an option as well.  Extremely fast, plays in a bad team and still manages to get his.

Another kid I want to see if anyone has seen is Ricky Elmore DE Arizona, 6'5" 260.  He's projected as a late round guy to this point.  Had 11.5 sacks in 2009 so far in 2010 has 7.  Just another name to watch out for but if anyone sees Arizona play let me know if he looks like the real deal or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBM9hW7NnJA&NR=1

If anything he can jump into a truck lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pw1uxc1Wyc&feature=related

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here are some general comments.  That Raider pick will not be top 10 anymore.  I think they turned the corner and could finish around 15 to 18.  Right now we would be picking at 12.  We can forget about an elite CB unless we made a big move up. 

BUF doesn't need a QB.  Ryan Fitzpatrick has the 2nd highest QB rating at 102.  BUF as a new 34 team will go DL.  Fairley may be out of reach because BUF could take him.  SF and CAR will likely go QB at the top and DET will get Peterson.

I am so tired of seeing us fail on short yardage plays.  The only time we pick them up is with a Brady QB sneak.  Light and Connolly both had poor games, Connolly was pulled for Wendell.  How sad is that?  Light got beat for 2 sacks and at least one penalty that I saw.  We've got to start spending some quality picks on the OL and I'd like to get a big bruising back.  John Clay anyone?  I know he has a great OL but the man often makes his own holes too.

When you are bringing an undrafted rookie S off the bench in Sergio Brown, who actually did okay, you need depth in the defensive back field.  Was this another healthy scratch for Darius Butler?  Perhaps we should look for a big CB that can play safety and CB.

If the season ended today we'd be picking at:

12, 30, 36, 62, 73, 94, 126

Great win for us yesterday but we took some hits in our draft order with both OAK and CAR winning. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet, Auburn has Fairley at 6'5" 298. The only place I have found him listed as 6'4" is at DraftScouts -- so I'm not sure how to read that. But the combine will make all this stuff official. I agree that you always try to get players as low as possible, but I don't think this kid makes it out of the top ten if he keeps playing this way... I think the reason he compares well to Sey, and poorly to Warren, is that he is much quicker than Warren ever was. Warren never had the elite first step that he has and that looks similar to Seymour ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYbT58VVmeI

If Fairley is 6'4" or 5" that's a light 298!  I watched him for the first time this weekend and he looked heavier.  Was it just me? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : If Fairley is 6'4" or 5" that's a light 298!  I watched him for the first time this weekend and he looked heavier.  Was it just me? 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Yes. Rival.com is listing him as 6'5" 314, which is the playing weight they announced him as. It looks a lot closer, and perhaps a bit shy IMO.

HE is a big dude for sure, but he has a really quick first step.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE I am so tired of seeing us fail on short yardage plays.  The only time we pick them up is with a Brady QB sneak.  Light and Connolly both had poor games, Connolly was pulled for Wendell.  How sad is that?  Light got beat for 2 sacks and at least one penalty that I saw.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is hard to watch. Light used to be good, and would give up a sack to elite personnel. Now it seems he gives up a sack, and a hold to everyone that plays him, and needs help from a RB against anyone who is good or else Brady gets crushed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : Yes. Rival.com is listing him as 6'5" 314, which is the playing weight they announced him as. It looks a lot closer, and perhaps a bit shy IMO. HE is a big dude for sure, but he has a really quick first step.
    I agree, he actually looks much bigger on TV than what he is reported as being.  I think he could be a top 5 pick given his performance to date and measurables.  He would be out of range for us with that OAK pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Here are some general comments.  That Raider pick will not be top 10 anymore.  I think they turned the corner and could finish around 15 to 18.  Right now we would be picking at 12.  We can forget about an elite CB unless we made a big move up.  BUF doesn't need a QB.  Ryan Fitzpatrick has the 2nd highest QB rating at 102.  BUF as a new 34 team will go DL.  Fairley may be out of reach because BUF could take him.  SF and CAR will likely go QB at the top and DET will get Peterson. I am so tired of seeing us fail on short yardage plays.  The only time we pick them up is with a Brady QB sneak.  Light and Connolly both had poor games, Connolly was pulled for Wendell.  How sad is that?  Light got beat for 2 sacks and at least one penalty that I saw.  We've got to start spending some quality picks on the OL and I'd like to get a big bruising back.  John Clay anyone?  I know he has a great OL but the man often makes his own holes too. When you are bringing an undrafted rookie S off the bench in Sergio Brown, who actually did okay, you need depth in the defensive back field.  Was this another healthy scratch for Darius Butler?  Perhaps we should look for a big CB that can play safety and CB. If the season ended today we'd be picking at: 12, 30, 36, 62, 73, 94, 126 Great win for us yesterday but we took some hits in our draft order with both OAK and CAR winning. 

Hi Faucet,

I think you are right on the Bills, they passed up plenty QBs last year for a RB and then D.  This draft they need D help with all other teams in the East having a ton of fire power on the O.  Doesn't look good for NE to be able to get a shut down CB as I had hopped but might not be all bad.  I agree, we need OL picked early but with lack of elite 1st round talent solid 2nd and 3rd rounders are probably a way to go here.  We've seen a number of late round guys come in and where are they now? 

12 Nick Fairley DE/DT 6'4" 300 - Playing at a very high level against SEC tackles, he should be a nice addition to the DL although current roster is holding their own.
    30 Nate Solder OT 6'8" 300 - This line needs studs and physical players if they are moving to a power game.  Solder needs development but has all the tools to play L or R tackle.
    36 Aaron Williams CB 6'1" 192 - Good CB both in man or zone, he probably ends up in the 1st round.
    62 Orlando Franklin OG 6'6" 318 - Played LG in college above average pass blocker but better run blocking. 
    73 Bilal Powell RB 6'0" 215 - He could be a name to watch but probably will take a 2nd rounder when it's all said and done.
    94 Greg Romeus OLB 6'5" 265 - Needs work in coverage but stout against the run, setting the famous edge and above average rusher.  Not convinced an OLB will be needed, current roster of no names are developing very well but add Romeus and you have options on each side.
    126 Armon Binns WR 6'3" 210 - Big body receiver who is not afraid to go over the middle, good route runner with great hands.  Not a burner but good overall speed.
    5th Rnd Brandon Fusco OC 6'4" 300 - Slippery Rock?! lol yes a center that's catching the eye of some scouts.  Plays with an attitude, need some of that on this line.
    6th Rnd Jalil Brown CB 6'0" 203

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : [QUOTE I am so tired of seeing us fail on short yardage plays.  The only time we pick them up is with a Brady QB sneak.  Light and Connolly both had poor games, Connolly was pulled for Wendell.  How sad is that?  Light got beat for 2 sacks and at least one penalty that I saw. Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE] I agree. It is hard to watch. Light used to be good, and would give up a sack to elite personnel. Now it seems he gives up a sack, and a hold to everyone that plays him, and needs help from a RB against anyone who is good or else Brady gets crushed.
    Our OL is getting old.  That's a fact.  They aren't opening many holes in the running game and Light is often beat in the passing game.  The youth movement we've seen on defense needs to carried over to the offense especially with the OL and RBs.  The reason BB hasn't drafted much OL lately is because he had a decent young line that was locked up for years.  Starting after this season contracts start to expire and most of these guys probably won't be worth the money they want given their ages.  Below is the contract status and ages heading into 2011 season of our older key OL.

2010 Light (33) and Mankins (29)
    2011 Koppen (32), Neal (35), and Connolly (29)
    2012 Kaczur (32)

Everyone knows Mankins will come back Week 10 and finish the year then be gone for good.  Given Light's cap number and his performance, I think he's allowed to walk.  We'll get a decent comp pick in 2012 for him, perhaps a 4th or 5th rounder.  Neal is on borrowed time, we know this.  Kaczur is signed for the longest and would be roughly a $2MM cap hit if cut before 2012 so it might be that he's in our future plans at RT with Vollmer moving to LT.  Koppen earns just under $3MM a year.  He's got a year or two left.  Personally I'd like to see him upgraded but it could be he's given a 1-2 year extension after 2011.

In short, even if we plan on Vollmer at LT and Kaczur at RT with LeVoir backing up, we need to draft at least 2 interior linesmen.  BB won't want to turn over too much of the line at once.  It would be nice to draft a OG and a C and give them a year to learn the system before Koppen and Neal head out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : I agree. It is hard to watch. Light used to be good, and would give up a sack to elite personnel. Now it seems he gives up a sack, and a hold to everyone that plays him, and needs help from a RB against anyone who is good or else Brady gets crushed. Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE] Our OL is getting old.  That's a fact.  They aren't opening many holes in the running game and Light is often beat in the passing game.  The youth movement we've seen on defense needs to carried over to the offense especially with the OL and RBs.  The reason BB hasn't drafted much OL lately is because he had a decent young line that was locked up for years.  Starting after this season contracts start to expire and most of these guys probably won't be worth the money they want given their ages.  Below is the contract status and ages heading into 2011 season of our older key OL. 2010 Light (33) and Mankins (29) 2011 Koppen (32), Neal (35), and Connolly (29) 2012 Kaczur (32) Everyone knows Mankins will come back Week 10 and finish the year then be gone for good.  Given Light's cap number and his performance, I think he's allowed to walk.  We'll get a decent comp pick in 2012 for him, perhaps a 4th or 5th rounder.  Neal is on borrowed time, we know this.  Kaczur is signed for the longest and would be roughly a $2MM cap hit if cut before 2012 so it might be that he's in our future plans at RT with Vollmer moving to LT.  Koppen earns just under $3MM a year.  He's got a year or two left.  Personally I'd like to see him upgraded but it could be he's given a 1-2 year extension after 2011. In short, even if we plan on Vollmer at LT and Kaczur at RT with LeVoir backing up, we need to draft at least 2 interior linesmen.  BB won't want to turn over too much of the line at once.  It would be nice to draft a OG and a C and give them a year to learn the system before Koppen and Neal head out.

I agree, I don't know if I'll be able to change much from my mock other than names based on ranking but I do believe you see three OL in the first 4 rounds.  I mocked an OT, OG (LG) and Center.  now the center class is not that good IMO.  Found a possible gem in the late rounds, kind of a voll inside but we'll see.  Brandon Fusco, Slippery Rock State

What ever happens, if the play calling doesn't improve to help the OL this could turn south quickly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : Hi Faucet, I think you are right on the Bills, they passed up plenty QBs last year for a RB and then D.  This draft they need D help with all other teams in the East having a ton of fire power on the O.  Doesn't look good for NE to be able to get a shut down CB as I had hopped but might not be all bad.  I agree, we need OL picked early but with lack of elite 1st round talent solid 2nd and 3rd rounders are probably a way to go here.  We've seen a number of late round guys come in and where are they now?  12 Nick Fairley DE/DT 6'4" 300 - Playing at a very high level against SEC tackles, he should be a nice addition to the DL although current roster is holding their own. 30 Nate Solder OT 6'8" 300 - This line needs studs and physical players if they are moving to a power game.  Solder needs development but has all the tools to play L or R tackle. 36 Aaron Williams CB 6'1" 192 - Good CB both in man or zone, he probably ends up in the 1st round. 62 Orlando Franklin OG 6'6" 318 - Played LG in college above average pass blocker but better run blocking.  73 Bilal Powell RB 6'0" 215 - He could be a name to watch but probably will take a 2nd rounder when it's all said and done. 94 Greg Romeus OLB 6'5" 265 - Needs work in coverage but stout against the run, setting the famous edge and above average rusher.  Not convinced an OLB will be needed, current roster of no names are developing very well but add Romeus and you have options on each side. 126 Armon Binns WR 6'3" 210 - Big body receiver who is not afraid to go over the middle, good route runner with great hands.  Not a burner but good overall speed. 5th Rnd Brandon Fusco OC 6'4" 300 - Slippery Rock?! lol yes a center that's catching the eye of some scouts.  Plays with an attitude, need some of that on this line. 6th Rnd Jalil Brown CB 6'0" 203
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Hey Pats.  I'm starting to worry that Fairley could be a top 5 pick now.  Anyway, Cunningham was impressive yesterday.  I think he is improving each week.  Ninkovich is also making the most of his opportunities.  It seems TBC is back to being a situational pass rusher. 

If we can land Fairley at 12, I would be delighted.  I then think we should focus on the OL which you've done.  BB doesn't like to draft RBs because he knows most are out of the league within 5 years.  Where are you getting the 5th round pick from?  We traded ours to KC for Jarrad Page.  The 6th rounder I assume you are considering as a comp pick for Watson?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I agree it certainly isn't set in stone, but I am pretty sure Oakland will be above 15. And even between 8-10 getting Fairley won't be a safe bet, IMO. Although there is always the chance that other teams evaluate him beneath where I have him, in which case NE could take him whenever they get the most value. 

I agree BUF won't be dead set on a QB. They could still take one. But I think they are top three, and if they don't take one, Patrick Peterson seems logical, followed by an end pass rusher. Buffaloe's CBs are terrible though, so Peterson seems like a smart move.  

Here is a hazy board I am putting together ... still gathering info on some other players, so it could change a lot. I think there is still the chance that TB races toward the bottom too which could bounce it back one, but either way, I think OAK will be between 8-10. That is a good spot for selecting DTs in this draft IMO. The elite CBs will be gone, the elite OLBs and DEs will be gone, and the elite QBs will be gone, and A.J. Green will be gone. But Darreus and Fairley will be hanging around.

1. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
    2. Andrew Luck QB Stanford
    3. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
    4. Jake Locker QB Washington  
    5. A.J. Green WR Georgia
    6. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
    7. Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
    8. Nick Fairley DT Auburn
    9. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
    10. Stephen Paea DE/T Oregon State
    11 Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
    12. Janoris Jenkins CB Florida
    13. Allen Bailey DE/T Miami
    14. Adrian Clayborne DE/T Iowa
    15. Mark Ingram RB Alabama 

If the season ended today this would be the order....

1.   Bills Peterson, Patrick
    2.   49ers Luck, Andrew
    3.   Lions Da'Quan Bowers
    4.   Panthers Jake Locker
    5.   Cowboys Robert Quinn
    6.   Broncos Prince Akamura
    7.   Chargers - OUT - easy stretch leads to a 7-9 or 8-8 record
    8.   Browns A.J. Green
    9.   Bengals Maybe Fairley? They have a tough schedule this season. 
    10. Vikings - OUT - if they are here I think they take Mallett
    11. NE via OAK -up-
    12. Jaguars -up-
    13. Rams -up-
    14. Dolphins
    15. Cardinals

Honestly think the Vikes and Bolts will finish ahead of the Raiders. SO here is a potential revised order...

1.   Bills Peterson, Patrick
    2.   49ers Luck, Andrew
    3.   Lions Da'Quan Bowers
    4.   Panthers Jake Locker
    5.   Cowboys Robert Quinn
    6.   Broncos Prince Akamura
    7.   Browns A.J. Green?
    8.   Bengals
    9.   NE vis OAK (This leaves Darreus OR Fairley on the board)
    10. Jaguars

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

As a backup option, what do you folks think of Anthony Castonzo? He has the smarts/length BB looks for? I also wouldn't rule out just snagging Mark Ingram if NE is forced into the 12-15 range and needs to make a choice. I would rather have the best RB than try and shoehorn an awkward player into the 34. 

Janoris Jenkins could be hanging around too.  

I just don't see Clayborne, Paea, or Bailey as fits for what NE does here. They would be like elaborate 3rd down specialists.

Darreus or Bailey fit well enough though, although I think Bailey is a much better prospect.

I am going to try and catch a Colorado game to take a look at Nate Solder. Has anyone watched him play yet? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]As a backup option, what do you folks think of Anthony Castonzo? He has the smarts/length BB looks for? I also wouldn't rule out just snagging Mark Ingram if NE is forced into the 12-15 range and needs to make a choice. I would rather have the best RB than try and shoehorn an awkward player into the 34.  Janoris Jenkins could be hanging around too.   I just don't see Clayborne, Paea, or Bailey as fits for what NE does here. They would be like elaborate 3rd down specialists. Darreus or Bailey fit well enough though, although I think Bailey is a much better prospect. I am going to try and catch a Colorado game to take a look at Nate Solder. Has anyone watched him play yet? 

ZB,
    I love Jenkins as an option, competitive, great speed and quicks, good instincts, ball skills, awareness, is physical but secure as a tackler and has been a starter since he walked on campus.  He does have character questions stemming from a bar fight in which he was picked up for "resisting arrest without violence" which will have to be checked out, but I think he's the #3 CB in this class, assuming he delcares.  Bringing in a another player with a championship level mentality/pedigree is also a plus.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : ZB, I love Jenkins as an option, competitive, great speed and quicks, good instincts, ball skills, awareness, is physical but secure as a tackler and has been a starter since he walked on campus.  He does have character questions stemming from a bar fight in which he was picked up for "resisting arrest without violence" which will have to be checked out, but I think he's the #3 CB in this class, assuming he delcares.  Bringing in a another player with a championship level mentality/pedigree is also a plus.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at Aaron Williams as a possible pick, 6'1" 200lb CB.  Great speed and cover skills, tackles well but I'm not sure what to make from what I've seen.  That Texas team is just not playing well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Assuming they pick between 10 and 15, I could see something like this:

Rd 1 (Raiders)- Nick Fairley/Janoris Jenkins- Whichever is available.

Rd 1 (Assigned)- Gabe Carimi/Nate Solder- Whichever is available.

Rd 2 (Panthers)- Mark Herzlich OLB BC

Rd 2 (Assigned)- Christian Ballard/Brandon Boykin CB Georgia- Boykin if they go Fairley in Rd 1.

Rd 3 (Vikings)- Ricky Henry OG Nebraska

Rd 3 (Assigned)- Robert Sands S WVU

Rd 4 (Denver)- ***TRADED FOR BRANCH***

Rd 4 (Assigned)- Bilal Powell RB Louisville

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Herzlich should be more of an ILB in the NFL wouldn't you say?

Great charcter guy tho.

This Mock seems to think we could get Ingram AND Quinn... wouldn't that be something..

I'd actually prefer Thomas if he's there in the mid 20's and a FA signing of either Jamaal Charles or DeAngelo Williams...

What do you think of Leonard Hankerson @ 6'3"/205 with the 3rd rd pick we got for Moss?

I'd think Welker-Branch-Tate-Hankerson-Price-Edelman for the next 4-5 years as our 6 WR's is a pretty solid unit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Herzlich should be more of an ILB in the NFL wouldn't you say? Great charcter guy tho. This Mock seems to think we could get Ingram AND Quinn... wouldn't that be something.. http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2011-nfl-mock-draft.html I'd actually prefer Thomas if he's there in the mid 20's and a FA signing of either Jamaal Charles or DeAngelo Williams... What do you think of Leonard Hankerson @ 6'3"/205 with the 3rd rd pick we got for Moss? I'd think Welker-Branch-Tate-Hankerson-Price-Edelman for the next 4-5 years as our 6 WR's is a pretty solid unit.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

rameakap,
    IMO, Herzlich has the versatility to probably play inside or out and be successful and I don't see anything that would prevent him from playing on the outside in a 3-4.  Real tough, hard working kid, a leader with size/length that BB likes (6-4 250 +-), good speed and quickness, excellent instincts and has excelled at creating turnovers (8 INT's, 6 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries).  He just seems to possess everything they value in a player.  The big question would be his long term health, specifically his bout with cancer (he is currently cancer free).

As for Hankerson, from everything I've read on him, he doesn't appear to possess the quickness/suddenness that they value in their receivers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I think a lot of us are counting chickens with some of these juniors.  We don't know who will declare.  Guys like Fairley, Quinn, Bowers, Dareus, Crick, Peterson, etc might not come out especially if the labor situation isn't clear by the time juniors need to declare on Jan 15.  Until they declare I have to assume these juniors aren't available. 

Deaderick seems to be emerging and with Warren coming back I'm not so sure we go DL at the top of our draft.  I'm thinking if a stud LT is available with the Raider pick, we could go there since Light is nearly certain to be leaving.  I like Castonzo, Sherrod or Solder perhaps in the 10-15 range.  If they are all gone we could go after Love, Pinkston or Carimi with our late first round pick or perhaps one will be there with CAR pick. 

In the 2-3 round I would try to get one of these OGs; Schilling, Boling, Moffit, or Henry.  We have to start turning over the OL and keep Brady upright especially as he gets older.

RB and WR we are famous for getting in Free Agency.  There isn't a single SENIOR WR or RB I'd spend a first round pick on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Herzlich should be more of an ILB in the NFL wouldn't you say? Great charcter guy tho. This Mock seems to think we could get Ingram AND Quinn... wouldn't that be something.. http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2011-nfl-mock-draft.html I'd actually prefer Thomas if he's there in the mid 20's and a FA signing of either Jamaal Charles or DeAngelo Williams... What do you think of Leonard Hankerson @ 6'3"/205 with the 3rd rd pick we got for Moss? I'd think Welker-Branch-Tate-Hankerson-Price-Edelman for the next 4-5 years as our 6 WR's is a pretty solid unit.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    Not sure he's the same player.  He hasn't been producing at the level he did in 2008.  Has anyone seen if his intensity has lessened?  This sounds pretty pedestrian, except for the picks, against poor competition.

2010 Season
    Had three tackles, broke up one pass and made one interception return for five yards at N.C. State ... made two tackles against Notre Dame ... returned an interception for 12 yards, defended one pass and wrapped up seven Hokies, including one tackle for loss ... racked up four solo tackles, including one for a loss of three yards versus Kent State ... led the team onto the field, prior to racking up five tackles against Weber State.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

[QUOTE]I think a lot of us are counting chickens with some of these juniors.  We don't know who will declare.  Guys like Fairley, Quinn, Bowers, Dareus, Crick, Peterson, etc might not come out especially if the labor situation isn't clear by the time juniors need to declare on Jan 15.  Until they declare I have to assume these juniors aren't available.  Deaderick seems to be emerging and with Warren coming back I'm not so sure we go DL at the top of our draft.  I'm thinking if a stud LT is available with the Raider pick, we could go there since Light is nearly certain to be leaving.  I like Castonzo, Sherrod or Solder perhaps in the 10-15 range.  If they are all gone we could go after Love, Pinkston or Carimi with our late first round pick or perhaps one will be there with CAR pick.  In the 2-3 round I would try to get one of these OGs; Schilling, Boling, Moffit, or Henry.  We have to start turning over the OL and keep Brady upright especially as he gets older. RB and WR we are famous for getting in Free Agency.  There isn't a single SENIOR WR or RB I'd spend a first round pick on.

No way Quinn stays in school. He would be an absolute fool if he did not declare.

I would love if the Pats picked up Steve Schilling. He is a powerful guard but has the mobility to pull since he is in Rich Rod's scheme. It seems as though he has been at Michigan forever, it is as though I have watched him every Saturday for 10 years now.

Another Wolverine who could be drafted is junior NT Mike Martin. The kid is extremely strong, and is a former state champion wrestler. Explodes off the ball, and is really agile and quick for a man his size. He can get to the QB, and it seems he blows up at least 5 plays a game.