2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Watch us trade that 3rd for a 2nd next year. Hahaha. We are so predictable. And so idiotic. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

If we do then essentially we got an extra 5th this year and an extra 2nd next while not fixing the pass rush. Sigh another year of the fans calling for a pass rush after another year of having no pass rush. Now that I look back other then Vrable has BB ever gotten a pass rushing OLB for the Pats ever?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

ok we're done for today?
    really?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rumor has it Kraft has really, really short arms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Liked Greg Little alot.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

yeah hes a big guy and catches the ball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Pats pick a pass protector, a pass defender and an out of backfield pass receiver; it's a passing league. So relax, team has been improved.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's where we are right now.  We are over budget on D.

New 2011 Projected Patriots with Draft Picks
    OFFENSE 23 Players
    Slot30 Welker '1125 Edelman '12 
    WR32 Branch '1123 Price '13 
    LOT22 N Solder '1529 LeVoir '11 
    LOG29 Mankins '1125 Ohrnberger '12 
    C31 Koppen '11 
    ROG29 D Connolly '1125 Wendell '13 
    RT27 Vollmer '1232 Kaczur '12 
    TE22 Gronkowski '1321 Hernandez '1333 Crumpler '11
    QB34 Tom Brady '1425 Hoyer '11 
    RB26 Green-Ellis '1022 S Vereen '14 
    26 Woodhead '12  
    WR23 B Tate '1226 Slater '11 

DEFENSE 26 Players
    LDE 30 T Warren '1331 Stroud '1225 Love '12
    NT29 Wilfork '1424 Brace '1225 Pryor '12
    RDE29 Wright '1224 Deaderick '13 
    OLB27 Ninkovich '1131 Banta-Cain '12 
    ILB25 Mayo '1225 Guyton '11 
    ILB24 B Spikes '1325 Fletcher '12 
    OLB23 Cunningham '1330 Eric Moore '11 
    LCB24 McCourty '1425 Arrington '1327 Wilhite '11
    RCB30 Bodden '1322 Dowling '1425 Butler '12
    SS24 Chung '1226 Page '10 
    FS27 Meriweather '1127 Sanders '11 

SPECIAL TEAMS 3
    PK27 Gostkowski '14  
    P25 Z. Mesko '13  
    LSTBD  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Don't Panic :P
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

That is true. There are still guys there ... don't know they will be there ... or maybe they don't like them.

Though to be frank ... I don't trust how NE evaluates OLB talent. They haven't had a hit since free agent grab Vrabel.

And never in the draft. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : See, I don't think Carimi is as good as Solder. The only guy taken after him I liked in the first or at #33 was Costanzo .... and he would have been gone. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I don't think Carimi is as good as Solder either but I think Carimi is closer to Solder then Ras is to Prince but I could be wrong

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

This is simply IDIOTIC! What the hell is the point of trading out every single damn year. No other team does it so often and they just select the best player.  It is unbelievable.  Why stock pile all these  picks when the team is already solid! How many of these 10 picks every year will make the team.

Then we wonder why we get beat in playoffs by physical teams. No physical linebackers and DE's. It is infuriating to see this happen every year. Some will cheer any pick BB will make. Even if it is some guy they never heard off, they will cheer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Looks like our Draft is going to have to be made in the 3rd and beyond ...

I want to stay positive ...

getting tougher though .

WE NEED TO SNAG A PICK TO GET EXCITED ABOUT !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Here's where we are right now.  We are over budget on D. New 2011 Projected Patriots with Draft Picks OFFENSE 23 Players Slot 30 Welker '11 25 Edelman '12   WR 32 Branch '11 23 Price '13   LOT 22 N Solder '15 29 LeVoir '11   LOG 29 Mankins '11 25 Ohrnberger '12   C 31 Koppen '11   ROG 29 D Connolly '11 25 Wendell '13   RT 27 Vollmer '12 32 Kaczur '12   TE 22 Gronkowski '13 21 Hernandez '13 33 Crumpler '11 QB 34 Tom Brady '14 25 Hoyer '11   RB 26 Green-Ellis '10 22 S Vereen '14   26 Woodhead '12     WR 23 B Tate '12 26 Slater '11           DEFENSE 26 Players LDE   30 T Warren '13 31 Stroud '12 25 Love '12 NT 29 Wilfork '14 24 Brace '12 25 Pryor '12 RDE 29 Wright '12 24 Deaderick '13   OLB 27 Ninkovich '11 31 Banta-Cain '12   ILB 25 Mayo '12 25 Guyton '11   ILB 24 B Spikes '13 25 Fletcher '12   OLB 23 Cunningham '13 30 Eric Moore '11   LCB 24 McCourty '14 25 Arrington '13 27 Wilhite '11 RCB 30 Bodden '13 22 Dowling '14 25 Butler '12 SS 24 Chung '12 26 Page '10   FS 27 Meriweather '11 27 Sanders '11     SPECIAL TEAMS 3 PK 27 Gostkowski '14     P 25 Z. Mesko '13     LS TBD    
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I think Vereen can shake BJGE. I don't see this team incredibly improved. It is more like BB is trying to hold serve this draft. Don't get it ... I think they are only a peice or two away. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots acquire a 3rd (73) and a 5th (138) from Houston for #60 overall selection
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
    Doesn't that give us back to back picks in the third?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

"Hello, Shawn?  Is this Shawn Crable?  As soon as this labor issue is settled we'd like to invite you back to camp".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Who is out there in FA for LB's...BB must think he is fine at DT...TW must be expected to be fine with VW and MS?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Watch us trade that 3rd for a 2nd next year. Hahaha. We are so predictable. And so idiotic. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    I think you could be right.  I'd trade 74 for a middle 2nd next year.  Look at my depth chart.  We have room for 1 more rookie, basically.  Don't forget, we were 14-2, the best team in the NFL last year!!

I want a pass rusher too, Dontay Moch or Sam Acho.  I want Mofffitt or Schilling.  We need a fourth back, cut Kaz, cut Wilhite or Butler and trade the rest for all I care.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Doesn't that give us back to back picks in the third?
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Yep which means 1 will be traded

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Heres a couple quotes from an analyst I respect on the Pats Draft so far ...

ShawnZobel_DHQ

New England has Nate Solder, Ras-I Dowling, Shane Vereen has accumulated more picks. Another great day for the Pats

ShawnZobel_DHQ

The Patriot way ~ All 3 were team captains last year.. Pats just adding leaders and players who love football

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

May be wishful thinking on my part, but does Shane Vareen remind any of you of Ray Rice?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]This is simply IDIOTIC! What the hell is the point of trading out every single damn year. No other team does it so often and they just select the best player.  It is unbelievable.  Why stock pile all these  picks when the team is already solid! How many of these 10 picks every year will make the team. Then we wonder why we get beat in playoffs by physical teams. No physical linebackers and DE's. It is infuriating to see this happen every year. Some will cheer any pick BB will make. Even if it is some guy they never heard off, they will cheer. 
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]
    No offense but how many teams were 14-2 last year?  We have a ton of players set to be F/A next year.  Here's the list.  7 starters here.

Brandon MeriweatherSS2011 $  1,737,280
    Alge CrumplerTE2011 $  2,007,280
    Deion BranchWR2011 
    James SandersFS2011 $  2,987,280
    Jonathan WilhiteCB2011 
    Dan KoppenC2011 $  5,007,280
    Matt SlaterWR2011 
    Rob NinkovichOLB2011 
    Mark LevoirOT2011 
    Dan ConnollyOG2011 
    Gary GuytonILB2011 
    Brian HoyerQB2011 
    Kyle LoveDL2011 
    Wes WelkerWR2011 $  4,232,280

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Well I guess Bill thinks TBC and Ninko are the ultimate OLBs .... this is just f'n sad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : yeah hes a big guy and catches the ball
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

..and he's an excellent blocker with great YAC ability being an accomplished RB before being switched to WR

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]"Hello, Shawn?  Is this Shawn Crable?  As soon as this labor issue is settled we'd like to invite you back to camp".
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

"Hi." "Shawn? Oh yeah ...  I hadn't heard my own name in a long time. I guess that is me."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Okay, have had my trade freakout by myself and am calmly thinking of which OLBs/OGs/WRs will be available by 73 and 74

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Vereen is OK ... but I'd take DeMarco Murray over him any day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Heres a couple quotes from an analyst I respect on the Pats Draft so far ... ShawnZobel_DHQ    New England has Nate Solder, Ras-I Dowling, Shane Vereen has accumulated more picks. Another great day for the Pats ShawnZobel_DHQ    The Patriot way ~ All 3 were team captains last year.. Pats just adding leaders and players who love football
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    Nice post Capt.  I agree.  BB may miss on a few but he hits on more than he misses and he keeps the cupboards full for the future.

What the heck was SD thinking?  Both of their picks very questionable.  Luiget was a 3 tech.  I didn't have this other kid in my top 150