1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]Randy Moss traded for Ryan Mallett
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

There has to be irony in that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BB has accomplished his desired goal 2 firsts and 2 seconds in 2012....Thanks to Uncle Al...When FA's can finally be signed there are several good DE's on the list,and maybe BB has a plan to sign one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Randy Moss traded for Ryan Mallett

Future Pats QB or future 1st rnd pick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Maybe he thinks he competes?  BB always liked RBs like him. Ridley never loses yardage ... I can say that. He puts his head down and goes. But he isn't running away from anyone in the NFL, and unlike Ingram ... he doesn't really have 'moves.'
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have no problem with a guy not being a blazer but being very crafty, like Dillon and Ingram and especially why I personally liked Daniel Thomas this year.

Hopefully his best days are ahead of him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quincyfish. Show quincyfish's posts

Bill still has no one who can get near the quatarterback. We're an early out again. It's time to worry about his draft picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Future Pats QB or future 1st rnd pick?
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Mallett is to much a partier. I see him drinking and smoking his way out of the league before he see's a regular season snap

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from calzonie01. Show calzonie01's posts

Yipppee, next year we have more drat picks to not inprove, start or anything related to a pass rush. Pass rush, what is that? Next yer's target, all guards since we won't have any left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

wow KC took justin houston and Allen B from MIA good for them those are great pick ups

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : He killed a bunch of aliens that popped out of peoples chest?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Can I get a poster of him then he was kind of hot lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccinwa. Show ccinwa's posts

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the draft.  I'll defer to BB and staff on the quality of the personnel, my beef is with the positions.  OT with the first pick?  Good pick, a definite need.  CB with the second?  Questionable, the DBs weren't bad last year the problem was with the front seven not getting any pressure on the QB and not being able to stop the run in critical situations.  RB and another RB?  The running backs are not going to go anywhere if they don't have some strong road graders in the OL.  Furthermore, the Pats OL has had consistent problems stopping speed rushers, they need help with Light and Mankins probably gone.  Yes, I understand they could use an RB, but they need an OLB, DE or OL more than they need TWO RBs.  Constantly trading down and away from some obviously talented individuals in need positions is really getting old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Future Pats QB or future 1st rnd pick?

Do you lose either way?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the Stevan Ridley scouting report: "Low ceiling due to his lack of speed... Likely just a short yardage back who will be used in goal line situations." INSPIRING!!!! SOUNDS LIKE ufa SIGNING TO ME.
    Posted by CanadianPat[/QUOTE]

Have you read Tom Brady's scouting report from the draft recently?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Have you read Tom Brady's scouting report from the draft recently?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]
    I did. It wasn't very good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Because it's so startling, this draft is probably brilliant.....Light, Faulk,Taylor, and Morris gone...TE's last year...RB's this year...no rookie DE's or OLB's ...they can't help..get em in F/A. Hoyer will be showcased...Mallett is Brady's replacement...while it is happening.....WTH... after it is done.....OH YEAH!!!!......brilliance....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

BB, like  most  people, has  his  own  particular  MO.  Bill's  MO  is  he'll  take  BPA.  Also, he'll  take  a  multi-positional / multi-talented  player  over  a  player  who  may  actually  have  more  talent  in  one  area.  He  has  supreme  confidence  in  his  and  his  coaches'  ability  to  " coach-up "  players.  Obviously, he  prefers  to  trade  down  rather  than  trade  up, with  few  exceptions.  I  agree  with  his  wheeling  and  dealing  manipulation  of  drafts  up  to  a  point.  However, supreme  talent  evaluation  requires  taking  some  risk  to  land  " impact  players."    IMO,  BB  doesn't  do  this  enough  and  consequently  the  PATS  miss  out  on  some  great  talent.  Clay  Matthews  is  a  recent  example.  And  I  predict  Ingram  will  have  a  much  better  career  than  Vereen.  I  think  BB's  strength  is  his  knowledge  of  x's  and  o's.  Compared  with  other  NFL  GM's,  I  think  his  player  evaluation  skills  are  just  average.   BB  is  a  HOF  coach  and  I'm  glad  he'  the  PATS  coach.  And  if  the  PATS  don't  win  any  more  Superbowls  with  Brady, it  will  tarnish  BB's  legacy  somewhat.  I  suspect  Brady  plays  3  more  years.  For  the  PATS  not  to  win  a  Superbowl  in  Brady's  last  9  years  is  SUSPECT. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Maybe he thinks he competes?  BB always liked RBs like him. Ridley never loses yardage ... I can say that. He puts his head down and goes. But he isn't running away from anyone in the NFL, and unlike Ingram ... he doesn't really have 'moves.'
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Is that a biased opinion?....just joking.

I like him, would have liked him better 1 round later. I think this was a reach, unless they knew they were closing up shop before they made the pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I think everyone is forgetting that there will eventually be free agency.  Belichick could target guys like Jason Babin for for OLB, Cullen Jenkins as a DE, or Harvey Dahl at guard or WR's Steve Smith from the Giants and Steve Breaston. 

This was not a deep draft at all.  It was deep at RB which they got 2.  Both guys compliment each other well.  They got great value with Mallett who they can develop and keep as a replacement for Brady or if they choose turn around and trade for a future 1st if he develops.  They got their left tackle of the future and a tall physical corner to pair with McCourty.

Sure I'd love to have a dominant edge rusher, we all would but he's never drafted an edge rusher in the 1st.  All I'm saying is wait to see the final product after the draft and free agency. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I like what BB did in this draft. 

The Pats had the picks this year, but the talent wasn't there to justify using those picks. Von Miller was the only sure bet as a pass rusher in this draft. Everyone else was hit or miss at best.

Solder: will battle for PT @LT.
    Dowling: he's a big, physical corner we lacked. Hope he stays healthy.
    Vereen: good runner, good pass catcher. I was hoping for LeShoure, but who knows this kid could be better.
    Ridley: this was a head scratcher. But BB just said on NFL Network that the Raiders trade was in the works. So he knew he wasn't going to pick until the 5th. So if he wanted this kid, he had to pick him a round or two early.
    Mallet: I like this pick. Mallet is the best QB is this draft, if not for the off the field issues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

don't think I'll be able to sleep just yet so for now I think I'm going to look at how this roster might shape up 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Do you lose either way?

no, was asking what you thought.  I think in two years he will be a 1st round pick if Brady is still playing at a high level.  Considering Brady just had his best year as a pro I can guess without injuries Mallet will be traded for a pick.

But you are right, it is a win win if he does what he's supposed to. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

OFFENSE 25 Players
    QBBradyHoyerMallet (3rd Rnd)
    RBBJGEVereen (2nd Rnd) 
    WoodyRidley (3rd Rnd) 
    SlotWelkerEdelman 
    WRBranch  
    LOTSolder (1st Rnd)Maneri 
    LGMankinsAustin 
    CKoppenWendell 
    ROGConnollyOjinnaka 
    ROTVollmerLeVoir 
    TEGronkHernandezCrumpler
    WRPriceTate 
    DEFENSE 25 Players
    LDE T WarrenDeadrickRichard
    NTWilforkBrace 
    RDEStroudWright 
    OLBMooreNink 
    ILBMayoGuyton 
    ILBSpikesFletcherWhite
    OLBCunninghamTBC 
    LCBMcCourtyArringtonWilhite
    RCBDowling (2nd Rnd)Butler 
    SSChungPage 
    FSBoddenSanders 

ST 3 Players
    Kicker-Ghost  Punter-Mesko  LS-Katula?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This draft was one of the strangest I've ever witnessed...Looking at the 5800+ posts this board, a lot of the names we drafted came up as potential targets, like Solder, Dowling, Vereen...but, I don't think many of us had them goingn where they did, and had us picking guys at their positions ahead of them. IT tells me the Pats value board is tricky. BB seems more aligned with teh way Parcells values picks vs. the rest of the NFL community. I remeber watching Parcells board and was thinking, "what the heck?". His board was just totally different than most, and it looked to me that BB's was very similar in some ways.
    It had to be, to pass on Jordan, Houston, Reed, Sheard, Heyward, Wilkerson, Jenkins, etc. when we had the chances. Obviously he didn't value these kids the same way we did.

Something has got to be going on in FA...either that, or BB sees somethinig in his LB corps that he likes...I know Pats7393, you have been on Moore for a while, and perhaps he is a piece to the puzzle, but I'm also thinking maybe he's going to try Fletcher outside, and maybe target an FA..although I have no idea who....

What surprises me most abotu this draft is that the Pats did not take a G throuhg the 4th round. Maybe they go grab Boling tomorrow, I don't know, but I would have thought they would have spent a pick on a G somewhat high given Mankins siutation...unless they firmly believe he will show, and they have no doubts....

I'm scratching my head, shaking my head and hoping to god BB has a plan to create some pressure from our D.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Can Kiwanuka be someone the Pats have in mind?  he was cleared to play football again.

he's an explosive edge rusher, well we all know that don't we?  BB covets those experience guys to comed in at OLB.  I know he's coming from a DE but in the Giants they stunt and at times those guys do drop.

Jason Babin?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]OFFENSE 25 Players QB Brady Hoyer Mallet (3rd Rnd) RB BJGE Vereen (2nd Rnd)   Woody Ridley (3rd Rnd)   Slot Welker Edelman   WR Branch     LOT Solder (1st Rnd) Maneri   LG Mankins Austin   C Koppen Wendell   ROG Connolly Ojinnaka   ROT Vollmer LeVoir   TE Gronk Hernandez Crumpler WR Price Tate   DEFENSE 25 Players LDE  T Warren Deadrick Richard NT Wilfork Brace   RDE Stroud Wright   OLB Moore Nink   ILB Mayo Guyton   ILB Spikes Fletcher White OLB Cunningham TBC   LCB McCourty Arrington Wilhite RCB Dowling (2nd Rnd) Butler   SS Chung Page   FS Bodden Sanders     ST 3 Players Kicker-Ghost   Punter-Mesko   LS-Katula?

Yeah can't say I'm very comfortable with that at all. The D didn't improve at all and Mankins might sit out another 10 games. Don't see the running game getting a big upgrade and at least for the 1st year or two until he fully develops I can't see Solder being any better then Light was the last couple of years (long term though he's going to be a force).

It doesn't feel like we improved at all with 6 picks in the first 96 picks which is just wrong considering even BB said that this draft had the best DL and rushing talent he's seen in 10 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Thought, what if he's going to target FAs?  With a shorten preseason or no preseason you want guys who have been there know what to do to get ready.

I can where he'll try to get a few FAs and key spots.