2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***

Merry Christmas Mb.  I assume you left Bowers off because he'll be long gone?  Are you against Robert Quinn?  At 6-5, 268 he would seem to fit the mold although he's probably going to a 43 team and there are the character issues.  If he's on the board at 15, do we pass?

Also, what are your thoughts on Von Miller.  He's a little small at 6-2, 243 but he's basically the same size as Fletcher and Mayo.  I view him more as a 43 OLB but he's a player and I wonder if with a few more pounds if he could play 34 OLB?

Also, noticed you left my boy KJ Wright off your list.  At 6-3, 250, he fits the mold.  He claims to run a 4.60 which is much faster than Ninko and Cunningham.  I know he hasn't put up huge sack numbers but that could be because he wasn't asked to.  He is a solid tackler, tough on the run and he can drop back.  I'd put him ahead of Reed and Acho.  Afterall, he plays OLB and isn't a conversion type.  I realize Acho drops back at times and I think he would have no problems converting.  I like his character and work ethic.  Reed, as far as I know, is a pure DE.  He can rush the passer, set the edge and stop the run.  There is no doubt about that but he appears to be very stiff in the hips from the one game I saw.  Reed reminds me of another Banta-Cain, a situational pass rusher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]Merry Christmas Mb.  I assume you left Bowers off because he'll be long gone?  Are you against Robert Quinn?  At 6-5, 268 he would seem to fit the mold although he's probably going to a 43 team and there are the character issues.  If he's on the board at 15, do we pass? Also, what are your thoughts on Von Miller.  He's a little small at 6-2, 243 but he's basically the same size as Fletcher and Mayo.  I view him more as a 43 OLB but he's a player and I wonder if with a few more pounds if he could play 34 OLB? Also, noticed you left my boy KJ Wright off your list.  At 6-3, 250, he fits the mold.  He claims to run a 4.60 which is much faster than Ninko and Cunningham.  I know he hasn't put up huge sack numbers but that could be because he wasn't asked to.  He is a solid tackler, tough on the run and he can drop back.  I'd put him ahead of Reed and Acho.  Afterall, he plays OLB and isn't a conversion type.  I realize Acho drops back at times and I think he would have no problems converting.  I like his character and work ethic.  Reed, as far as I know, is a pure DE.  He can rush the passer, set the edge and stop the run.  There is no doubt about that but he appears to be very stiff in the hips from the one game I saw.  Reed reminds me of another Banta-Cain, a situational pass rusher.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Correct, my list was also based on players that I assume we have a realistic chance of drafting, Bowers is likely top 3-5.  I also don't see Quinn being available at 15 or 16, If he is, he's in the discussion.  Character questions aside, his size/speed/ceiling is still probably too much for most teams to pass up.

Miller I think is a situational guy for them and I'd bet he's closer to 6-1+ and 235+ than his listed height/weight, I could be wrong.  I've thought about the Fletcher comparison as well, but Fletcher was a URFA (minimal risk), If BB is gonna invest a high round pick in an edge player, I'd think he'd need to be atleast close to their height/weight/length preference. Good player, but a better fit for a 4-3, IMO.  Mayo is an ILB so I think that is more apples and oranges.

Wright definitely belongs in the discussion, he looks like a solid option.  The SEC pedigree/strength of competition is also a plus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Thanks Mb, always appreciate your insight.  If Miller is smaller than his listed size than he is a 43 OLB like Washington and Weatherspoon were last year.  We forgot about Ayers too.  He should probably be in the discussion.

Back to Robert Quinn.  There is a chance he slides due to missing last season.  At 15, if he's there, we need to be all over him.  He could be the next Julius Peppers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

How you could lever Ayers and Miller off that list is puzzling. Especially Ayers. I believe that both Ucla and Tex AM play a lot of 3-4 defense. That's a big plus for these guys IMO. Ayers easily has the size: 6-4 255 ... give hime a year and he could put on 10 pounds ... these guys are kids, still filling out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

You know, I think there is a good chance we don't pick a defensive player with our top 3 picks.  I said this before but if you consider the youth of our defense and the return of Bodden and Ty Warren, BB might not see defense as the biggest need.  There are no noteable defensive free agents in risk of leaving, other than Gerard Warren, and our OLBs are essentially in their first year as starters.  I think we need to add an OLB because we are thin there and we could use another FS since Meriweather and Sanders are F/A after 2011 but Arrington has emerged as a solid back-up CB and Butler looked pretty good today.  I still favor landing Watt, Dareus or Fairley if we can get them without giving up the farm but we have 4 very young players on the DL with Deaderick, Brace, Pryor and Love. 

I hate to say this again but I could see us going offense early and often.  We have question marks at LT and LG.  I don't think we have the money to sign both Mankins and Light.  We have 3 old RBs who won't likely be back (Morris, Taylor and Faulk).  We have one blocking TE (Crumpler) who might have a year left and our two key WRs will be 32 (Branch) and 30 (Welker) next year.  Also Kaczur is a big question mark with his back.  Neal (35) is likely done with Connolly poised to take over but Connolly is only signed through 2011 and he'll be 29 next year.  The top back up guard (assuming we keep Mankins) is Wendell and his contract expires after 2010.

I would not be shocked or against us drafting a LT with the Raider pick or at 32/33.  Even if Vollmer takes over at LT, having another LT that you plug in at RT is not a bad idea.  I think it might be smart to land an impact skill player, either a WR or RB with a top 3 pick.  I would actually think long and hard if Julio Jones or LaMichael James are there with the Raider pick but the smart play would be LT.  Light is clearly the weakest link on the OL even if he stays.  With Neal likely retiring, Light is also the oldest on the OL.  For this reason, I would take the best OT available with the Raider pick, Solder, Castonzo, Carimi, or Sherrod.  At 32/33 I would go with Pouncey or Wisniewski if there.  If not, I trade one or both picks down and look for a pure guard like Hudson, Schilling or Moffitt in the 50s.  With the other pick at 32/33 I would be all over Mark Ingram (if he's still there) or Mb's guy, Powell.  If not a RB, a WR like the versatile, Randall Cobb, the big physical Hankerson or a Blackmon.

I would then take an OLB with our 4th pick, KJ Wright, Moch, or Acho at 64. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Faucet-
    Your idea for drafting 2 OL players in the 1st round may not be the most popular, but when you really look at team needs it may be the most practical.  (Especially since BB would probably be able to trade down with Oak pick if he had his eye on a OT).  By the time the draft rolls around, most mocks and player rankings will look much different, and a few of the left tackles may be rated higher than they are now.  I agree that if Quinn did slide to us then he would almost be a must-take, but I think he will impress at his workouts and the combine and be long gone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

MB-
    Good breakdown of OLBs.  The more I think about it, the more I kind of doubt BB will invest a 1st rounder on this position.  Just seems a little out of character for him, but what do I know?  If NE did pass on one of these guys in the first 2 rounds, I would love to see them grab Reed with a 3rd.  I love watching this guy play.  It will be interesting to see what the draft process does to his stock.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would bet the farm that BB will entertain trade options to trade out or down again if he can,it's in the blood plus it's fairly obvious that this team is very young and they have had a nice season in their growth year. What do you add to a Super bowl contending team? They will have to think about these positions the most Offensive tackle,Center,and Guard.So if I'm making up mock drafts this is the area of concern for the Patriots,Wendell and Connolly will get their minutes again next season but Koppen,Light and Mankins all have issues coming in the off season. If Light is done they at least have his replacement in camp in Vollmer,and it's true that the play of both Wendell and Connolly they could effective replace Neal,but then comes the conundrum what to do with the contractural issue about to take place with Mankins this off season? Assuming he takes flight,that would leave the Patriots very thin on the O-line. You have to have realized by now that the main reason why the Patriots keep a high winning percentage is because they keep Brady in the upright position more often than not...Just go out and draft the best big Uglies you can and with the rest of the picks just manipulate the board...Sorry I don't have names to contribute,but I'm sure MB knows who the top O-linemen will be. I'm sorry I didn't read all of the posts but it would appear as if Faucetman covered all of the top O-linemen and of the guys he projected Solder is a beast,Costanzo is a BC kid so either of these guys are cool with me also the other Pouncey is a pretty good Guard/center combo guy. One things in BB's favor is that teams like Pittsburgh and Indy won't have first crack at the O-line guys before him thnx to his trading of Big Sey to Oakland...The best spot that BB has in this draft is #33 regardless of where the Patriots draft with their own pick in the first round #33 in a pivotal pick and he will receive better offers on this pick than any other draft choice he owns,in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he is offered a #1 in 2012 and at least two additional draft choices for #33 and knowing BB you can kiss that pick goodbye!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The more I think about it, Mankins will get tagged.  They will either try to work out a reasonable deal with him in the $7MM range per year or they will trade him.  They won't let him walk for a 2012 comp pick.  When was the last time they let a marquis player under contract walk with getting nothing back?  Not Seymour (1st), not Branch (1st), not Cassel and Vrabel (pick 34), not Moss (3rd), not Maroney (4th which they then traded to get Branch back) - not that Maroney was marquis, be he was a first round pick.  Worst case, they tag Mankins for one year for another SB run, then they let him walk.

Light is likely a goner.  He'll be 33 next year.  Yes, Vollmer can move over and we can draft a RT a bit lower down if we want but I like the idea of drafting a stud LT giving us position flexibility.

We may likely wait on OG until 64/74 range which would still be early for us historically (Mankins aside).

Here's Scouts 32.  I think 3 of these QBs go top 10 and Gabbert goes top 15.  So many of the bad teams need QBs.  Watt doesn't even make this list.  Julio Jones with the Raider pick would be interesting.  As I said, Branch (32) and Welker (30) both will be in there final years in 2011.  Welker I think will get extended but BB isn't going to be paying Branch $6MM a year after 2011.  Kerrigan/Ayers or one of the OTs, Jones or Pouncey appear to be some options.

Bozo could also be right, we could very well start off trading down. A drop from 15 to 25 would gain us pick 57.  But with so many picks, we should get quality over quantity this year. 

SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32

PlayerPos.SchoolGrade
    1. Andrew Luck*QBStanford98
    2. Da'Quan Bowers*DEClemson97
    3. Nick FairleyDTAuburn97
    4. Patrick Peterson*CBLSU97
    5. A.J. Green*WRGeorgia97
    6. Robert Quinn*DEN. Carolina96
    7. Prince AmukamaraCBNebraska96
    8. Marcell Dareus*DTAlabama96
    9. Adrian ClaybornDEIowa95
    10. Stephen PaeaDTOregon State95
    11. Janoris Jenkins*CBFlorida95
    12. Von MillerOLBTexas A&M95
    13. Ryan KerriganDEPurdue94
    14. Nate SolderOTColorado94
    15. Akeem Ayers*OLBUCLA93
    16. Gabe CarimiOTWisconsin93
    17. Julio JonesWRAlabama93
    18. Cameron JordanDECalifornia93
    19. Mike PounceyCFlorida93
    20. Blaine Gabbert*QBMissouri93
    21. Anthony CastonzoOTBoston Coll.92
    22. Cameron HeywardDEOhio State92
    23. Jake LockerQBWashington92
    24. Mark Ingram*RBAlabama92
    25. Justin Blackmon*WROkla. State92
    26. Tyron Smith*OTUSC91
    27. Allen BaileyDEMiami91
    28. Drake NevisDTLSU91
    29. Cam Newton*QBAuburn90
    30. Corey Liuget*DTIllinois90
    31. Ryan Mallett*QBArkansas90
    32. Brandon Harris*CBMiami (FL)90
    * denotes draft-eligible underclassman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]How you could lever Ayers and Miller off that list is puzzling. Especially Ayers. I believe that both Ucla and Tex AM play a lot of 3-4 defense. That's a big plus for these guys IMO. Ayers easily has the size: 6-4 255 ... give hime a year and he could put on 10 pounds ... these guys are kids, still filling out.
    Posted by CanadianPat[/QUOTE]

Because it was MY list of the top 5 fits at OLB, not "list the 5 OLB propsects with the highest current draft grade", you can go to Scouts Inc for that.  The list is fluid and will likely change once the the pre-draft events start up and we have a better idea of a players true size, fluidity, quickness and 10 yard splits etc.

I think Ayers will be in the discussion, Miller not so much.  Miller just doesn't have the size that BB likes in his edge guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Mb, always appreciate your insight.  If Miller is smaller than his listed size than he is a 43 OLB like Washington and Weatherspoon were last year.  We forgot about Ayers too.  He should probably be in the discussion. Back to Robert Quinn.  There is a chance he slides due to missing last season.  At 15, if he's there, we need to be all over him.  He could be the next Julius Peppers.

Thanks man, ditto.

Yes, I don't doubt Millers talent, I just feel he's better fit for a 4-3.

I agree that Ayers will be in the discussion, I just prefer Kerrigan or Beal in the first round range.

If Quinn is available at 15 or 16, no doubt he'll get a strong look, assuming the BB/Caserio are comfortable with the character questions.  I don't think he makes it that far though, JMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

After the last few weeks and all the injuries along the front line what do people think about needing to get another stud DL/DT next to Wilfork.  Gerald Warren is old not sure what he has left after this year.  Who knows what we will get out of Ty Warren (he gets hurt alot).  Brace has improved and Pryor and Dedrick are ok but I dont think there "studs".  Mike Wright is solid but I think he is best as quality backup not a starter (he is alittle undersized).

I wouldnt be against them grabbing a stud DL/DT with their first pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]MB- Good breakdown of OLBs.  The more I think about it, the more I kind of doubt BB will invest a 1st rounder on this position.  Just seems a little out of character for him, but what do I know?  If NE did pass on one of these guys in the first 2 rounds, I would love to see them grab Reed with a 3rd.  I love watching this guy play.  It will be interesting to see what the draft process does to his stock.
    Posted by Wazzu-wheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. 

Agreed on Reed, I'm looking forward to see how he measures/tests out etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The bottom dwellers are about set, maybe not in their exact order but we know for sure who the bottom 10-11 will be.  Their needs will change once F/A begins but here are the pigs and their top needs in order of priority as reported by NFLDraftScout.com.  They have a 1 to 10 ranking system for needs.  It is a pretty cool resource, here's the link for those who want to check it out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/team-needs

CAR: DE, DT, OLB, TE, WR, QB, CB; QB LUCK
    DEN: CB, DE, TE, OG, SS; CB PETERSON
    CIN: OG, ILB, DE, OT, RB, SS; DE BOWERS
    BUF: QB, OT, CB, SS; DT FAIRLEY
    SF: DT, OLB, CB, WR, OG; DT DAREUS
    HOU: SS, FS, TE, DT, CB; CB AMUKAMARA
    DET: CB, SS, OG, LB; CB HARRIS
    DAL: DE, OT, OG, SS, FS; DE QUINN
    CLE: WR, OT, DE, OLB; WR GREEN
    ARI: QB, OG, CB, OLB, DT, OT; QB NEWTON
    and possibly
    MIN: QB, OLB, DE, DT, SS, FS; QB MALLETT

I took this list and my BPA rankings to project who they might take and put the name back up in blue.  If I'm CAR and Luck is there, I have to take him.  That has generally been the case.  I don't know about each team need but I do know that BUF ranks dead last in stopping the run while Fitz is the 21st ranked passer.  I have to think BUF as a fairly (pun intended) new 34 team can't pass on Fairley.

I'm going out on a limb and saying SEA will beat STL at home next week.  This leaves potentially, WAS, TEN and STL left to pick ahead of us.

WAS: OG, RB, WR, CB, DE, OT, FS; OT SOLDER
    TEN: ILB, OG, TE, CB, QB; EITHER CB JENKINS OR QB GABBERT
    STL: OLB, WR, OG, DT, SS, TE, RB; OLB MILLER

If things unfold like this, here's the best of the rest for us, in no particular order.  Three of these guys would be available to us at 15, 32, 33:

JONES, CLAYBORN, PAEA, KERRIGAN, AYERS, CARIMI, WATT, POUNCEY, CASTONZO, HEYWARD, INGRAM, BLACKMON, SMITH, BAILEY, JAMES, CRICK, WISNIEWSKI, HOUSTON, BALLARD, HUDSON

Mb, your boy Kerrigan would be there and my guy Watt, would be there.  Do we jump on one of these guys or take the safe, need pick, Castonzo or Carimi?  I'm biased so I say Watt.  However, it would be rare for a RB not to go in the top 15 so with James and Ingram available WAS and STL could go that direction.  If no LTs are off the board, we might be wise to wait and hope one of the top 5-6 last to 32.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Great posts. Im in awe of everyones knowledge about all things college draftees. A great article today on the ol and their coach. After reading the article it struck me that BB doesnt take ol early because he feels they can be coached up. I thought we should take a couple early (after Watt) but after reading that article I doubt we will take more than 1 early and not real early for the first one

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Maxnsl,

There is no doubt BB likes to draft interior OL later in the draft with Mankins, the lone exception.  However keep in mind Mankiis was an OT coming out of college although everyone projected him as a guard, including us.  Mankins was taken at 32 and at the time a lot of people felt he was a reach.  But BB knew he would not be there at 64 and back in those days we weren't as savvy in the draft trading around as we are today.  Our other interior OL types were taken later, Koppen in the 5th round, Neal was an undrafted F/A and both Connolly and Wendell were originally UDFAs.  This year could be different in that if we lose Mankins, I don't think BB will want to start the 2011 seson with Wendell and Connolly as his starting Guards with little to no depth behind them.  So, I think NEED would outweigh the desire to take time and coach someone up.  For OGs, there are a few RTs that could convert nicely to Guard so we could wait awhile, late 2nd or late 3rd.

But if you look at BB history drafting OTs, you could say he usually doesn't wait too long.  Light and Vollmer (both projected Left Tackles) were taken in the 2nd round and RT Kaczur was taken in the 3rd round.  If Light is gone and Kaczur is still having issues with his back, I think again NEED outweighs desire to wait until the 2nd (unless its pick 33).  I also think the top OTs will be off the board long before our pick 64.  I'm not saying we need to draft an OT at 15 because I think most will still be on the board but I am saying we really don't want to get past 32/33 without filling the need because after the top 5-6 OTs, there is a big drop off in talent.  However, BB could decide to just look for a RT by moving Vollmer over.  RTs can usually be had 3rd round or later. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Brandon Harris said he was 85% sure that he would return to Miami. Watt said that he'd only enter the draft he got a 1st round grade from the advisory committee.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the insight.  I hadn't heard either of those stories.  Also, I apologize if it appears I stole your idea about letting pick 32 slide.  I never saw your post and my brother suggested it that morning on a call so I created a new thread about it.  Hopefully you know me well enough to know I would never intentionally plagiarize from you or anyone else.

If Harris isn't coming out, I think it's too early for Jenkins or another CB.  Detroit need LB help, both inside and out.  They could take Von Miller as he fits their scheme.  There aren't any safeties worth this high but they could go WR with Green or take the best OT.  If DET takes Green then most likely Cleveland starts the run on OTs.  If Von Miller isn't there for STL, they probably go Jones.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Kyle,

I found this story.  There was no mention that he had to get a first round grade.  The article acknowledges that some experts already have him pegged as a first round pick.  Here's the story I found.

Watt ponders entering NFL draft

Risk: Lockout could scotch his season

Madison — J.J. Watt's first December trip to California was productive, peaceful and humbling.

"It was an unbelievable weekend," Wisconsin's fourth-year junior defensive end said of winning the Lott Trophy Sunday night in Newport Beach, Calif. "To be able to meet Ronnie Lott and to be able to meet all the players that were down there was such a humbling experience."

Watt was accompanied by his biggest supporters, his father, John, and mother, Connie.

"They are the reasons I've been so successful at everything I've tried in life," said Watt, eager to lead UW to Pasadena, Calif., for the 2011 Rose Bowl. "I can't thank them enough for everything I've done. They truly are the reason I'm here today."

Watt also used the time away to ponder his future - whether to enter the 2011 National Football League draft or return to UW for his senior season. Watt insists he has yet to make a final decision and won't until he receives a report from the NFL draft advisory council, sometime after the bowl game.

However, Watt is already projected by some analysts to be a first-round pick, and the Pewaukee High School graduate said this week the threat of a lockout next season will not deter him from turning pro if he is ready.

In short, all signs are pointing to the Rose Bowl being Watt's last game in a UW uniform.

"It sounds like there is going to be a lockout; you just don't know how long it's going to last," Watt said. "So you kind have to go in with the mind-set that we have to attack it just like there is no lockout because we can't control it.

"If you feel like you're strong enough, either way you're going to have to go out. So we'll see."

Watt acknowledged the worst-case scenario would be to enter the draft, be forced to sit out the entire season because of a lockout and then watch UW flourish on the field in 2011.

"If that all happens, you're sitting there and you're kind of kicking yourself," he said. "But the biggest thing I know about my decision is that once I make (it) I need to not look back, have no regrets, no excuses and say I did the best thing for me at that time."

Watt discussed his options with his parents again last week. That talk has been put on hold until after the bowl game. Watt plans to announce his decision before Jan. 14, which is the deadline for underclassmen to file paperwork to enter the draft.

"It's a decision I've put on the back burner now," he said. "Now I'm 100% focused on the Rose Bowl because we need to go out and win this football game."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Faucet Enjoyed the info as it was pretty much in line with what I was thinking... Except.. as you have stated many times there is no way they let Mankins go. If they sign him to a long term contract that really takes the pressure to draft early off. Although a tackle will be needed because Light will be gone unless he signs cheap. So now Im thinking an ol will have to be picked early and it will have to be a tackle that can play right away.  At 31 are there any top top ols left?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I really hope his status just changed from definite 1st rd pick in the 20's who we can scopp up at 15-18 and not into that 7-14 range

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Great roster breakdown by draft round for the full roster.  It is amazing at the number of UDFAs that are on the roster and major contributors.  BB believes in roles and situational football. 

First round (8)
    OL Logan Mankins
    LB Jerod Mayo
    CB Devin McCourty
    S Brandon Meriweather
    RB Fred Taylor
    DL Gerard Warren
    DL Ty Warren*
    DL Vince Wilfork

Second round (11)
    DL Ron Brace
    WR Deion Branch
    CB Darius Butler
    S Patrick Chung
    TE Alge Crumpler
    OLB Jermaine Cunningham
    RB Kevin Faulk*
    TE Rob Gronkowski
    OL Matt Light
    LB Brandon Spikes
    OL Sebastian Vollmer

Third round (3)
    OL Nick Kaczur*
    WR Taylor Price
    WR Brandon Tate

Fourth round (5)
    K Stephen Gostkowski*
    TE Aaron Hernandez
    OL Rich Ohrnberger
    S James Sanders
    CB Jonathan Wilhite*

Fifth round (6)
    OL Dan Koppen
    P Zoltan Mesko
    RB Sammy Morris
    OLB Rob Ninkovich
    OL Quinn Ojinnaka
    WR Matthew Slater

Sixth round (4)
    QB Tom Brady
    RB Thomas Clayton
    DE Eric Moore
    DL Myron Pryor

Seventh round (8)
    OLB Tully Banta-Cain
    S Josh Barrett*
    DL Landon Cohen
    DL Brandon Deaderick
    WR Julian Edelman
    S Jarrad Page
    DL Darryl Richard*
    DL Kade Weston*

Undrafted (21)
    CB Kyle Arrington
    CB Leigh Bodden*
    S Sergio Brown
    CB Tony Carter
    OL Dan Connolly
    LB Dane Fletcher
    K Shayne Graham
    RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    LB Gary Guyton
    QB Brian Hoyer
    LS Matt Katula
    OL Mark LeVoir
    S Bret Lockett*
    DL Kyle Love
    S Brandon McGowan*
    OL Stephen Neal*
    WR Wes Welker
    OL Ryan Wendell
    LB Tracy White
    RB Danny Woodhead
    DL Mike Wright

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Kyle, Thanks for the insight.  I hadn't heard either of those stories.  Also, I apologize if it appears I stole your idea about letting pick 32 slide.  I never saw your post and my brother suggested it that morning on a call so I created a new thread about it.  Hopefully you know me well enough to know I would never intentionally plagiarize from you or anyone else. If Harris isn't coming out, I think it's too early for Jenkins or another CB.  Detroit need LB help, both inside and out.  They could take Von Miller as he fits their scheme.  There aren't any safeties worth this high but they could go WR with Green or take the best OT.  If DET takes Green then most likely Cleveland starts the run on OTs.  If Von Miller isn't there for STL, they probably go Jones.

No problem. Anyone here can use any of my ideas that I post. The point of a message board is sharing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Pats mock and 80 man roster, no UDFAs or other team FAs

1a. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

1b. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

2a. Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

2b. Kris O’Dowd, C, USC

3a. Christian Ballard, DL, Iowa

3b. James Carpenter, OT, Alabama

4. Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona

5a. Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa

5b. Zach Hurd, OG, UConn

6. Scott Tolzien, QB, Wisconsin

QB: Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer, Scott Tolzien, Jonathan Crompton

RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Charles Clay, Thomas Clayton

WR: Deion Branch, Brandon Tate, Matthew Slater, Darnell Jenkins

WR: Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Taylor Price

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Alge Crumpler

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Carson Butler

LT: Matt Light, James Carpenter, Mark Levoir

LG: Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger

C: Dan Koppen, Kris O’Dowd, Ryan Wendell

RG: Nick Kaczur, Zach Hurd, Thomas Austin

RT: Sebastian Vollmer, Quinn Ojinnaka, Steve Maneri

LE: Ty Warren, Christian Ballard, Mike Wright, Darryl Richard, Landon Cohen

NT: Vince Wilfork, Myron Pryor, Kyle Love

RE: Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick, Gerard Warren, Kade Weston, Lorenzo Washington

LOLB: Jermaine Cunningham, Rob Ninkovich, Eric Moore

LILB: Brandon Spikes, Dane Fletcher, Tracy White

RILB: Jerod Mayo, Gary Guyton

ROLB: Justin Houston, Tully Banta-Cain, Brooks Reed

CB: Leigh Bodden, Aaron Williams, Kyle Arrington, Thad Turner

CB: Devin McCourty, Darius Butler, Jonathan Wilhite, Tony Carter

S: Brandon Meriweather, James Sanders, Bret Lockett, Ross Ventrone

S: Pat Chung, Jarrad Page, Sergio Brown, Josh Barrett

K: Stephen Gostkowski

P: Zoltan Mesko

LS: Matt Katuli

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Love the discussion, guys. Good stuff.

I like reading this thread every few days, but I'm a little surprised no one has really discussed Muhammad Wilkerson much. A very good run defender, he has played both tackle and end at Temple, and he's very good at getting penetration when called upon (two straight years of double-digit tackles for a loss as a DT). He is probably the best combination of size, power, speed, and value in the draft. Show me one other 6'5 #308 defensive tackle who also has experience playing end, and is extremely stout against the run while also providing explosive pass rush, who is slated to go in the second round.

I'm disappointed we haven't really discussed Pernell McPhee, either. He's just about the only edge players in college football who often plays in a two point stance at 285 pounds. He's very good against the run, has experience dropping into coverage, and leads his team in quarterback pressures/hits. He's double teamed on every snap, so his sack totals haven't been very high this year, but in games where he's been turned loose and simply asked to pass rush, he's consistently produced in the SEC. Is an excellent elephant prospect who will most likely be available in the 3rd.

Just to mix things up a bit. :)