2012 nfl Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

2012 nfl Draft

Imagine if you`re the Pats GM, and you have the first pick of the 2012 nfl draft, and we didn`t have Brady, who would you pick? Luck or RG3?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: 2012 nfl Draft

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Imagine if you`re the Pats GM, and you have the first pick of the 2012 nfl draft, and we didn`t have Brady, who would you pick? Luck or RG3?

Luck

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Would have picked Luck 100% of the time.  Althletic pocket passers are better than runners.  Too many injuries and short careers for those that run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would have gone with Luck.  I think he will have the longer, better career in the end.  I just don't see BB everf running an offense that would fit RG3's style.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Luck without hesitation.  No question RG3 is a dynamic player but over the long haul I'm inclined to agree with TFB12.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm highly confident Luck will be playing in 5 years. Not sure at all about RG3. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

When you have the first pick... or any high pick for that matter , you need to make it count. You dont do a Sanchez or a Gholston for example.

So given the choice, it would have been tempting to go RGIII but I think Luck was the safer choice to be an All Pro fronm early on. THat plus you really dont want to be basing your entire team around a player who has to put his body on the line in order to compete with the likes of Luck. Having the ability to run is a positive but if you want to live on that he will eventually get hurt and then all you have is a great player in street clothes.

So - both would be great picks but I would have gone with Luck.