2013 Draft Mock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: 2013 Draft Mock

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Electrical engineering and fispal *sp*.  The annual trade show.  Stayed mostly in campo belo. Worked at sushard and kibon. 

hummm great! so do u work with food services right?

Multiple industries. My favorite is packaging but I do most anything. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Electrical engineering and fispal *sp*.  The annual trade show.  Stayed mostly in campo belo. Worked at sushard and kibon. 

hummm great! so do u work with food services right?

Multiple industries. My favorite is packaging but I do most anything. 

Oh, nice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

They both could be there but I think Jessie Williams is a better DT for the Patriots.  If I had to pick between the two I would go with S Williams.  If NE doesn't fix the WR situation by draft they are going first rd or (trade back) high 2nd rd wide receiver.  I think they would only change their mind if J Williams is there.  Again this is the fun of it, trying to predict.

PS: you ask if I am Brazilian.  No, I work here in Brazil.  Born In Mass.   But like Tom Brady my wife is Brazilian. :)

Totally agree, Williams is a great fit for BB's scheme(s).

Was wondering that... smart move... Brazilian chicks = grande buttcheeks, haha.

There are plenty down here for sure bro!

My kinda place! haha

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

I am wondering if the Patriots see LDE as a need going forward into the draft. They have lots of depth players at the defensive end spot, but I'm not sure if they view any of them as long term solutions though.

With that being said, If the Patriots are serious about drafting a LDE and Carradine is not there (I hope he is, but I'm having my doubts!), would/should the Pats be interested in a guy like Okafor for that spot?

If not, I do think they need to invest in the interior O-line (such an unsexy pick!), probably the defensive tackle position depending on their thoughts on Armstead, and the WR position. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

S. Williams will be a NFL stud.  I would be surprised if he is still around at 29 and more surprised if BB doesn't trade the pick regardless of who's on the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

MB-

First Round: Williams pass rush potential is his athleticism. It may eventually translate to sacks and pressure, but right now that athleticism, strength, and size to me translates best to a nose type role. I believe the Pats should be looking at someone who is more likely to generate pressure from the inside. In the first round, that is Sheldon Richardson if he falls, Kawan Short, or a reach for Sylvester Williams. Williams may even be there at our second round pick depending on who you listen to. Datone Jones and Margus Hunt are interesting options as ends in the base to move inside. Carradine is interesting as an end option but if we add a vet pass rusher, we won't go in that direction. I like Hopkins a lot. He's more of a 40th overall pick player but could be special in a Pats uniform. Woods is a better player who should be available. Hunter has more upside. Allen possibly could fall. Austin won't. I don't see Fluker making it to the Pats. Watson is a possibility just in terms of where he should go in this draft. I don't take him unless I project him to being my future at LT which I don't for the Pats.

Second Round: Corner is a good possibility in the 2nd. Nice quality selections in Slay, Poyer, Ryan. Hayden is only underrated because of his injury history. If it checks out, he could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, if he doesn't, there'll be a lot of teams that won't touch him. Bailey would thrive in New England. So would Da'Rick Rogers or Markus Wheaton. If we take a WR in the first round, I'd like us to target Sylvester Williams or Bennie Logan in the 2nd. Either would add some nice interior pass rush while also add some versatility to Pats odd fronts because of their length and strength, in spite of their height. After Logan, I don't see a good pass rushing interior lineman that can translate to the Pats odd fronts.

Third Round: I like the 4 players you chose. But I wouldn't go for a safety or a DE. The additions of Wilson and whichever vet at DE we do add will be enough. After a taking a WR and DT in the first 2 rounds, I'd double dip at WR or go with a cornerback. Bailey or Rogers could still be there at our 3rd round pick. Swope is a nice option. I'm not a fan of Goodwin. The corners you mentioned in the second could still be here. Mathieu, Gratz, Webb, and Wrei-Wilson as well.

For me right now, I'm drafting Woods in the first, Logan in the 2nd, and Swope in the 3rd though I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey or Rogers fall to our 3rd round pick and I'd prefer either over Swope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to KyleCleric2's comment:

MB-

First Round: Williams pass rush potential is his athleticism. It may eventually translate to sacks and pressure, but right now that athleticism, strength, and size to me translates best to a nose type role. I believe the Pats should be looking at someone who is more likely to generate pressure from the inside. In the first round, that is Sheldon Richardson if he falls, Kawan Short, or a reach for Sylvester Williams. Williams may even be there at our second round pick depending on who you listen to. Datone Jones and Margus Hunt are interesting options as ends in the base to move inside. Carradine is interesting as an end option but if we add a vet pass rusher, we won't go in that direction. I like Hopkins a lot. He's more of a 40th overall pick player but could be special in a Pats uniform. Woods is a better player who should be available. Hunter has more upside. Allen possibly could fall. Austin won't. I don't see Fluker making it to the Pats. Watson is a possibility just in terms of where he should go in this draft. I don't take him unless I project him to being my future at LT which I don't for the Pats.

Second Round: Corner is a good possibility in the 2nd. Nice quality selections in Slay, Poyer, Ryan. Hayden is only underrated because of his injury history. If it checks out, he could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, if he doesn't, there'll be a lot of teams that won't touch him. Bailey would thrive in New England. So would Da'Rick Rogers or Markus Wheaton. If we take a WR in the first round, I'd like us to target Sylvester Williams or Bennie Logan in the 2nd. Either would add some nice interior pass rush while also add some versatility to Pats odd fronts because of their length and strength, in spite of their height. After Logan, I don't see a good pass rushing interior lineman that can translate to the Pats odd fronts.

Third Round: I like the 4 players you chose. But I wouldn't go for a safety or a DE. The additions of Wilson and whichever vet at DE we do add will be enough. After a taking a WR and DT in the first 2 rounds, I'd double dip at WR or go with a cornerback. Bailey or Rogers could still be there at our 3rd round pick. Swope is a nice option. I'm not a fan of Goodwin. The corners you mentioned in the second could still be here. Mathieu, Gratz, Webb, and Wrei-Wilson as well.

For me right now, I'm drafting Woods in the first, Logan in the 2nd, and Swope in the 3rd though I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey or Rogers fall to our 3rd round pick and I'd prefer either over Swope.

MB-

Thanks for the feedback, KC.

Richardson is intriguing, but I have seen any indication that he’d be available at the end of Rd 1.  Short scares me… too many reports of his inconsistent effort and play speed… he can make plays behind the LOS, but I’m not touching a kid with motor issues in Rd 1.  I think Sylvester Williams is a Rd 1 talent, at the very least a Top 40 kid.

I have Hopkins as the top WR in this entire class, so I disagree with you on that… Woods is a kid that I’d target with their Rd 2 pick, or maybe trade up a bit (around 50 give or take), but Rd 1 is too rich for my blood on him.

Agree on Hayden’s medicals, def important.

Logan is more of a Day 3 kid to me (earliest Rd 3), solid rotational potential, IMO, but nothing spectacular.  Again, I’d be interested, just not inside the Top 64.

I do like the upside of Rogers and Wheaton’s speed/quicks/RAC ability make him a definite candidate based on what BB has historically valued at the position.

I like Mathieu’s playmaking ability in the slot and on ST, I just prefer they target a kid with potential on the outside and I like Gratz out of the kids that you named… good size/speed/physicality and could give them value as a CB or S.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Mbeaulieu I like your pics, especially Swearinger in the 3rd if he is available. One question; I noticed you dont have the honey badger listed. You thinking he wont be available rounds 2 or 3 or are you not high on him? I know he is short but dang the kid looks like a playmaker and we are going to need another CB. Stay well!

Post Edit: Disregard I just noticed you answered above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to KyleCleric2's comment:

MB-

Good analysis. I think you hit on point that could happen:  Does BB double dip with WRs in the first 3-4 rds?  He did it with RBs and TEs, but never with WRs and never in the 1st Rd.  My guess it could be 2nd-7th, but I guess we need to see how FA plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hey MB, I agree with you on Jesse Williams from Bama.  IF indeed Pats stick with the pick 29.  I still think they slide out of first round though, to a high 2nd, and pick up a 4th this year.....But they may still be able to get Williams still early 2nd....we'll see!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

agree on most of those prospects MB. I might add Rhodes or Trufant in the first because I still think that with Talib on one year deal the Pats can break in a rookie CB in case Tailb leaves in 2014. Technically you could draft Barret Jones and cut Mankins (or try to restructure him) or see what he's like at C.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Round #1. I think in the first they should take the best available player, and that to me will be Matt Elam. I dont think this kid has been getting enough spotlight and he's arguably the best safety in the draft. The Pats would end up cutting Ebner but Elam is a great special teams player at Florida. He would take some time behind Wilson to learn the SS spot.

Round #2. Aaron Dobson. In three years I truely believe this kid will be the best WR in this class. Very tall with great hands and he could be deadly in the redzone. Plus hes a high character guy and we know how hard that is to find with WR now a days. Not elite speed but you do have to respect it.

Round #3. Barrett Jones. Loves football and can play guard or center at a high level for the Pats. Starter from day one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Hey MB, I agree with you on Jesse Williams from Bama.  IF indeed Pats stick with the pick 29.  I still think they slide out of first round though, to a high 2nd, and pick up a 4th this year.....But they may still be able to get Williams still early 2nd....we'll see!

I agree that a trade back is certainly possible, yeah... certainly fits BB's MO and should allow them to pick up another pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

agree on most of those prospects MB. I might add Rhodes or Trufant in the first because I still think that with Talib on one year deal the Pats can break in a rookie CB in case Tailb leaves in 2014. Technically you could draft Barret Jones and cut Mankins (or try to restructure him) or see what he's like at C.

Both Rhodes and Trufant are certainly possibilities, I agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

Round #1. I think in the first they should take the best available player, and that to me will be Matt Elam. I dont think this kid has been getting enough spotlight and he's arguably the best safety in the draft. The Pats would end up cutting Ebner but Elam is a great special teams player at Florida. He would take some time behind Wilson to learn the SS spot.

Round #2. Aaron Dobson. In three years I truely believe this kid will be the best WR in this class. Very tall with great hands and he could be deadly in the redzone. Plus hes a high character guy and we know how hard that is to find with WR now a days. Not elite speed but you do have to respect it.

Round #3. Barrett Jones. Loves football and can play guard or center at a high level for the Pats. Starter from day one.

I'm a huge Elam guy, love his physicality and emotion on the field.  The addition of Adrian Wilson may push S down the list of needs, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Jones makes a ton of sense in Rd 3, love his versatility and pedigree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Currently dating a Columbian....