In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ps jordan is shooting up already (take note mb).

walter has him going at 19 to lions as bpa and letting vanden bosch go.

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising... I was calling him a Rd 1 talent back in August (8th post of the thread) and he's been one of the better players that I've seen on tape... kid has unreal length, versatility and athleticism and I love his aggression/motor.

[/QUOTE]

what i find impressive about him is that he seems to be getting better as the season progresses. that team will continue to get national coverage. if he sustains his improvement he'll be in the top 15. the athleticism he's displayed should translate to impressive combine performance, which could take him all the top 12. i am saying this because a few mocks have mingo in the top 10. mingo impressed me even last season, but at the rate jordan is going, i am not sure i'd take mingo over jordan. jordan seems to have a much higher ceiling.

we know he can rush the qb. seeing jordan on that video playing corner against the screen (even if he whiffed) and on another time covering the slot just blew my mind. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Top 10-12 is out of the realm of possibility as this kids upside is that high, IMO.  I also think teams will see what a long/athletic, albeit heavier player in Chandler Jones is doing and try to duplicate it.

Makes a really nice open field tackle at the :50 mark of the below link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVicjLxsI_U

[/QUOTE]

i just saw bleacherreport's mock where they put jordan being picked at 11... by the jets! 

[/QUOTE]

Def wouldn't wanna see that, haha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

My mock/wishlist (not an expert so read at your own risk)

Rd 1. Jonathan Jenkins DT Georgia

Alternatives: DE Dion Jordan, S Matt Elam, DT Jesse Williams

Rd 2. Tank Carradine DE FSU

Alternatives:WR Tavon Austin, WR DeAndre Hopkins

Rd 3. Oday Aboushi OT Virginia

Alternatives: S Zeke Motta, DE Brandon Jenkins

Rd 7a. PJ Lonergan C LSU (I've seen him projected to go in the 7th. If he does drop that far, I think its a huge steal)

Rd 7b. Michael Williams TE Alabama (not sure if he'll still be available here. The Pats might have to trade up to the 5th or 6th rd)

Alternatives: Dustin Hopkins K FSU, Ray Ray Armstrong S

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

you guys watcing the shocker in alabama?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

just caught the fourth. good thing i recorded it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Manziel was awesome... very good at extending plays with his feet, but I was also surprised with his accuracy and ability to place the wall where only his man can catch it... makes him even tougher to defend..

Also really liked what I saw from A&M receiver Ryan Swope, a kid that I had profiled on tab 3 of this thread (posted again below)... might be more of a day 3 kid now based on production, but I don't think Rd 3 is out of the question... kid has very good hands, runs good routes and works to get open... I like him a lot.

Prospect Profile

WR Ryan Swope- 6-0 206- Texas A&M

Positives:

*Projects as an excellent slot WR at the NFL level with the size to play outside
    *Good size
    *Hands catcher / excellent hands
    *Good fluidity and RAC ability
    *Good effort player
    *Solid route runner
    *Tempos routes extremely well and knows how to set up his man
    *Solid production against good teams
    *Solid overall career production / 180-2204-16
    *Has some kick return experience
    *Has played special teams

Negatvies:

*Doesn't possess elite speed (likely 4.5+ range)
    *Not an elite athlete
    *Likely not a game breaker at the NFL level

Projection:

I like this kid a lot... he won't wow you with speed/athleticism, but profiles and an excellent fit for NE's offense due to his route running, his ability get open and catch the football while pickiong up yards after the catch... he's also used frequently in bubble screens/isolation plays.  With the uncertain future of WW, the inconsistency Julian Edelman and the new/yet to produce Greg Salas, slot could be a position to target in the 2013 draft and I think Swope profiles as a solid Day 2 kid.  I'll be interested to see how he performs against better overall comp now that Texas A&M is in the SEC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

What's up guys?  Been a while for me.  Good to be back in the "draft talk" mode!  It's been a disappointing season in Pullman for Wazzu so far, but one bright spot has been the play of DE/OLB Travis Long.  Long is an "all effort, all the time" type of player, and he has more than held his own against some of the Pac-12's better offenses.  I've seen a few mocks with him mentioned as a mid round prospect, but kids from WSU can fall through the cracks a bit, so maybe he could be had a little later in the draft.  Just another guy to keep an eye on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hate it....I have been an Alabama fan my whole life and I really thought they had a shot at 3 titles in 4 years. They now need losses for Oregon, Notre Dame and Kansas State to have any shot now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's up guys?  Been a while for me.  Good to be back in the "draft talk" mode!  It's been a disappointing season in Pullman for Wazzu so far, but one bright spot has been the play of DE/OLB Travis Long.  Long is an "all effort, all the time" type of player, and he has more than held his own against some of the Pac-12's better offenses.  I've seen a few mocks with him mentioned as a mid round prospect, but kids from WSU can fall through the cracks a bit, so maybe he could be had a little later in the draft.  Just another guy to keep an eye on.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Waz,
    Saw him a bit earlier in the season vs. Colorado, he's def that blue collar/effort/huslte type that you mention, also ranks top 10 nationally in sacks.  Looks like a solid potential early Day 3 option (maybe some late Day 2) in a class that projects to be loaded with long, talented edge players.

Look forward to watching more tape on him as it becomes available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

by the way, on the mankins talk.

got me thinking,

mankins, our 2nd, next years second (and if necessary a 5) for a first from someone who is between 10 and 22 that needs a guard.

with our 2 one's get 2 of 3 stud de, stud dt and c/g (ie barrett).

would be ruthless move trading a guy like that who gives it all, but that is bb often anyway, but make the defense to go with the offense.

this year and next 2 be all in for sb.

fa if need safety and or corner.

oh and id be remiss if i didnt say, use dennard adn talib teh way they should be, in aggressive man coverage. been saying this a bit and i noticed troy brown said teh same thing 2 days ago, "you have to play that way in this league with the pasing gaem the way it is."

we now have 2 guys who can do it.

re talib, we need to either keep him (hes been no trouble for a year minus the adderall) and mandate he stay in n.e. in the offfseasoon liek tampa did, or replace him in offseason with equal or better cb fa.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'd want to give up that much to move up. As much as I'd like to dump Mankin's contract, that's giving up 3 players for 1 who isn't proven yet. I think there are some good quality lineman in this draft that can be had in the 2nd round. I'd consider Mankins and a 2nd rounder to move up(if someone is willing to take it) but adding in an additional 2nd rounder is too much imo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to patriot-fan-74's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hate it....I have been an Alabama fan my whole life and I really thought they had a shot at 3 titles in 4 years. They now need losses for Oregon, Notre Dame and Kansas State to have any shot now.

[/QUOTE]

To make things more annoying, they're trying to trademark "Johnny Football". I mean seriously, what the heck is wrong with people?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Manziel was awesome... very good at extending plays with his feet, but I was also surprised with his accuracy and ability to place the wall where only his man can catch it... makes him even tougher to defend..

Also really liked what I saw from A&M receiver Ryan Swope, a kid that I had profiled on tab 3 of this thread (posted again below)... might be more of a day 3 kid now based on production, but I don't think Rd 3 is out of the question... kid has very good hands, runs good routes and works to get open... I like him a lot.

Prospect Profile

Positives:

*Projects as an excellent slot WR at the NFL level with the size to play outside
    *Good size
    *Good effort player
    *Solid route runner

Negatvies:

*Not an elite athlete

Projection:

I like this kid a lot... he won't wow you with speed/athleticism, but profiles and an excellent fit for NE's offense due to his route running, his ability get open and catch the football while pickiong up yards after the catch... he's also used frequently in bubble screens/isolation plays.  With the uncertain future of WW, the inconsistency Julian Edelman and the new/yet to produce Greg Salas, slot could be a position to target in the 2013 draft and I think Swope profiles as a solid Day 2 kid.  I'll be interested to see how he performs against better overall comp now that Texas A&M is in the SEC.

[/QUOTE]

MB, How would you compare Swope to Ebert and Edelman? Better hands?  What kind of plusses and minuses?

Btw, nice game by ND last night! Once again Manti got another pick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Prospect Profile

Positives:

*Good size
    *Good effort player
    *Solid route runner

Negatvies:

*Not an elite athlete

Projection:

[/QUOTE]

MB, How would you compare Swope to Ebert and Edelman? Better hands?  What kind of plusses and minuses?

Btw, nice game by ND last night! Once again Manti got another pick! I was at the game last night, perfect weather

[/QUOTE]

Swope is just a better WR prospect coming out of college than either Ebert or Edelman. Now, Edelman was a tough projection having played QB in college, but that's a strength for Swope, IMO, in that he's already a very experienced slot player that understands route concepts and how to get open, gives solid effort as a blocker, has WW qualities in that he'll sacrifice his body to make a play and catches the ball well.  He's also faired quite well against SEC competition, which I think will appeal to BB/NC and you know he'll be asking Saban about him, after yesterday's game.

Kid will never be a game breaker, but he's the kind of "football player" that usually appeals to BB/NC.

As things stand today, I think he's an excellent option if NE is looking for a WR at the back end of Rd 3 and I'll likely project him to NE there in my Mock V2.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Prospect Profile

Positives:

*Good size
    *Good effort player
    *Solid route runner

Negatvies:

*Not an elite athlete

Projection:

[/QUOTE]

Btw, nice game by ND last night! Once again Manti got another pick! I was at the game last night, perfect weather

[/QUOTE]

Swope is just a better WR prospect coming out of the college than either Ebert or Edelman. Now, Edelman was a tough projection having played QB in college, but that's a strength for Swope, IMO, in that he's already a very experienced slot player that understands route concepts and how to get open, gives solid effort as a blocker, has WW qualities in that he'll sacrifice his body to make a play and catches the ball well.  He's also faired quite well against SEC competition, which I think will appeal to BB/NC and you know he'll be asking Saban about him, after yesterday's game.

Kid will never be a game breaker, but he's the kind of "football player" that usually appeals to BB/NC.

As things stand today, I think he's an excellent option if NE is looking for a WR at the back end of Rd 3 and I'll likely project him to NE there in my Mock V2.

[/QUOTE]

Good info, thanks! I've been watching Tavon Austin a bit and think he is another guy who could work well in NE's offense. If Swope continues to impress though then maybe they can get him as a day 2 or 3 steal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Looks like Oregon will be #1 now with Alabama falling to #4? Kansas State #2 and ND #3

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Looks like Oregon will be #1 now with Alabama falling to #4? Kansas State #2 and ND #3

[/QUOTE]

yeah that was predictble sat. night.

what gets my goat is not my teams and conf losses , its that teh ncaa coudl care less that teh best team in the land is nc. its about all this "free money" the bowl system brings to people who just show up  for the checks ie 100,000$ checks to bowl officials who do no work, jsut have a title. its a scam. not to mentiuon the presidents of the big schools.

teh bs about its too mcuh for teh players to have a playoffs and all tis other bs any thinking person knows is jsut crap.

in basketaball, baseball, hockey and every level of football up to ncaafb, there is a playoff, not a championship handed to the team wiht most wins in the weakest conference. you have to earn it on the field.

this year, there are no real "super teams", still a 3 loss sec team at teh end of teh year, lets say if lsu loses 3, would likely beat every team including bama and be one of the top 2 best teams that make it to the last game, say against oregon.

most people who never played in the sec, hav no idea what it is to get batterd like that every week and still have to make 1 or no losses teh whole year to have a chance at a title. its not jsut about winning one game against a tough sec team. its the culmulation.

take any team in the last ten years or so not from the sec (who went undefeated for instance) and let them play every  week in the sec and teh championship and their record woudl not be zero or 1 loss by the end of the year. you practically have to be a "super team" to survive it undefeated or with 1 loss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

got me thinking,

mankins, our 2nd, next years second (and if necessary a 5) for a first from someone who is between 10 and 22 that needs a guard.

would be ruthless move trading a guy like that who gives it all, but that is bb often anyway, but make the defense to go with the offense.

oh and id be remiss if i didnt say, use dennard adn talib teh way they should be, in aggressive man coverage. been saying this a bit and i noticed troy brown said teh same thing 2 days ago, "you have to play that way in this league with the pasing gaem the way it is."

re talib, we need to either keep him (hes been no trouble for a year minus the adderall) and mandate he stay in n.e. in the offfseasoon liek tampa did, or replace him in offseason with equal or better cb fa.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'd want to give up that much to move up. As much as I'd like to dump Mankin's contract, that's giving up 3 players for 1 who isn't proven yet. I think there are some good quality lineman in this draft that can be had in the 2nd round. I'd consider Mankins and a 2nd rounder to move up(if someone is willing to take it) but adding in an additional 2nd rounder is too much imo

[/QUOTE]

hey cheese,

yeah was following up on someones idea of using maknins.

bottome line, i do want to make a play for 2 studs in rd 1 and would pull the trigger with next years picks. nothing to lose except the opportunity to get soemthing out of bradys last years.

what woudl help the most. its hard to say cause we could use elite cb adn safety (not to mention a true wr who can get seperation)

but a de who cant be stopped. a dt who cant be stopped and a dominant interior o lineman would go a long way

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

here is MY favorite guy going into this draft! I really think you guys should look into him! 

Margus Hunt, SMU, DE/KB: The native of Estonia sounds like a PlayStation football creation: A 6-foot-8, 280 pounder with an 82-inch wingspan. Yet despite those long arms, he can still bench 225 35 times, and his coach, SMU track coach Dave Wollman, predicts Hunt will rep it 45 times next year at the NFL combine and clock a 4.60 40-yard dash. Hunt has cleaned 384 pounds, snatched 345 and vertical jumped 36 inches. "He's off-the-scale powerful," said Wollman. "On that kind of frame, seeing the cleans and the catch go that high to the ceiling, it is amazing."

Hunt is a prodigious track talent. He won gold medals in the shot and discus at the 2006 World Junior Championships in Beijing, becoming the first junior athlete to ever achieve such a double. He didn't leave his country and move to Dallas to play college football. He moved to Texas to train with Wollman, but SMU hasn't been able to get back its men's track program. Hunt still wanted to train with Wollman, who had mentored another decorated discus thrower from Estonia. To help cover the cost of tuition, Wollman figured with Hunt's size and athleticism, he might be able to help the Mustangs football team. After Hunt blasted blocking sleds and ran a 4.70 40 during a tryout, June Jones said, "Oh yeah, I'll take him."

That move has paid off nicely for the Mustangs on the gridiron. Hunt has blocked 14 kicks in three years and had 7.5 tackles for loss last season, including a breakout three-sack performance in SMU's bowl win over Pitt.   Wollman has coached 19 Olympians in his career and Hunt has the athleticism and is hard-wired to become No. 20. "He's the most kinetic aware of any athlete I've ever had," Wollman said, launching into a dissertation about Hunt's wondrous hand-eye coordination and a remarkable acute level of body awareness. As a football player, Hunt is still pretty raw, having only played -- and trained for the sport -- for just a few years. He says this offseason he's working to get his legs bigger and hopes to lower his center of gravity. Hunt has even put his track career on hold for football, which has bothered some folks back home, he said: "I was called a national traitor because I 'started doing some stupid sport.' My mom reads the Internet comments. I had to calm her down. But no matter what, Estonia will always be my home country."

Wollman is optimistic that his protégé won't just make it in the NFL soon, but that Hunt's visibility and what he's done for Mustang football will also help bring the men's track program back to SMU. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with you Nate. Hunt is my top choice for a Jones bookend right now. I have him somewhere in the late 1st to late 2nd range, but athletic freaks tend to rise up boards quickly. Honestly I'd be happy with either Hunt or Jenkins in the first but I think I'd prefer Jenkins so we could kick Cunningham back outside. Cunningham was awful up the middle when they decided to run on him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with you Nate. Hunt is my top choice for a Jones bookend right now. I have him somewhere in the late 1st to late 2nd range, but athletic freaks tend to rise up boards quickly. Honestly I'd be happy with either Hunt or Jenkins in the first but I think I'd prefer Jenkins so we could kick Cunningham back outside. Cunningham was awful up the middle when they decided to run on him

[/QUOTE]

how bout tradiNG up an in for BOTH (with next years picks). we need experience more than youth at some point and qualtiiy more than qunatity. if they both are that good, get 2 de studs. and o line help in 3rd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I agree that Hunt will get plenty of looks from BB/NC... also can't get over the qty of edge talent with size/length/athleticism, that could potentially be available in this class.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree that Hunt will get plenty of looks from BB/NC... also can't get over the qty of edge talent with size/length/athleticism, that could potentially be available in this class.

[/QUOTE]

hey mb, just looked at a mock last night that had them all (many) being picked iin the top half or so of rd 1. 

again what about all iin for 2 studs in rd 1?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Sorry if these have already been posted but I found some videos of Hunt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXIV8LYURsc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGBBKibXTrs&feature=related

Blocking 14 kicks is amazing! BB loves 4 down players

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I got that wrong. I was looking at the AP rankings. KS #1 Oregon #2

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

got me thinking,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey cheese,

yeah was following up on someones idea of using maknins.

bottome line, i do want to make a play for 2 studs in rd 1 and would pull the trigger with next years picks. nothing to lose except the opportunity to get soemthing out of bradys last years.

what woudl help the most. its hard to say cause we could use elite cb adn safety (not to mention a true wr who can get seperation)

but a de who cant be stopped. a dt who cant be stopped and a dominant interior o lineman would go a long way

[/QUOTE]

I think they should focus on D with the first 2 picks. I'm tired of seeing them draft  DB's in the 1st couple of rounds. I think McCourtey should stay at FS but a lot can be defined depending on how Talib plays. We should all have a better idea what they need back there over the next several weeks. Whether or not Talib is back next year is another story. I'm not sure I want to see Chung back because he gets injured so often