***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

man manziel is the man!

would love to have seen oregon and a and m play if it werent for this "bowl" b.s.

a and m and n.d. woulda been nice too. 

oh well in my dreams.

[/QUOTE]

Kid is def fun to watch... can't wait to see what he can do next year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this guy may end up being the steal of the draft at the running back position

miguel maysonet 6-1 225

vs Syracuse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_hBbVlPqy4

[/QUOTE]

While I don't think RB projects to a real need next year, as they stand to have (4) NFL caliber backs (Ridley, Woody, Vereen & Bolden),  I do have my eye on a couple big, power SEC backs that could be available on Day 3.

1.  Christine (pronounced Christian) Michael (5-11 220) Tex A&M- BB generally likes big backs, upwards of 220 or so... this kid has good power and feet, shows good patience on stretch plays and generally hits the hole between the tackles... a north/south kid that doesn't take a lot of false steps.  He also has a decent burst in the open field.  He did suffer a broken leg in 2010 and a torn ACL in 2011 so there are some durability questions.

2.  Spencer Ware (5-11 225) LSU-  Another big power back that runs with good balance.  LSU has a stable of these types that they used to grind down defenses.

As for Maysonet, I'll be curious to see what his weight is, I've seen him listed at 205 and 210.  Kid flashed some athleticism, power and explosion in that tape, has the natural leverage at 5-9, but I think he could run with a little better pad level (runs a little upright, IMO)... intriguing late round kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get to see Harrison Smith play today, maybe good Omen for Notre Dame. Still have sour grapes about not Drafting this kid.

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted this kid too... too many folks were underrating this kid, chalking his 1st round projection up to a "weak S class".

Could always draft Harrison Lite in (Zeke Motta) the middle rounds, haha.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

miguel maysonet 6-1 225

[/QUOTE]

While I don't think RB projects to a real need next year, as they stand to have (4) NFL caliber backs (Ridley, Woody, Vereen & Bolden),  I do have my eye on a couple big, power SEC backs that could be available on Day 3.

1.  Christine (pronounced Christian) Michael (5-11 220) Tex A&M- BB generally likes big backs, upwards of 220 or so... this kid has good power and feet, shows good patience on stretch plays and generally hits the hole between the tackles... a north/south kid that doesn't take a lot of false steps.  He also has a decent burst in the open field.  He did suffer a broken leg in 2010 and a torn ACL in 2011 so there are some durability questions.

2.  Spencer Ware (5-11 225) LSU-  Another big power back that runs with good balance.  LSU has a stable of these types that they used to grind down defenses.

As for Maysonet, I'll be curious to see what his weight is, I've seen him listed at 205 and 210.  Kid flashed some athleticism, power and explosion in that tape, has the natural leverage at 5-9, but I think he could run with a little better pad level (runs a little upright, IMO)... intriguing late round kid.

[/QUOTE]

Maysonet can play, runs fast, hits the holes quick and is surprising tough, have seen him play a bunch of times at Stony brook.  ran well against division one opponents when given the chance. Simply dominated the playoff level.  He was invited to the combine and is listed on the list of extras to be called if any running backs get hurt for the senior bowl( I think).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Man that Ducks team is fast. If Chip Kelly is in the NFL does he try to use the same offensive philosophy in the NFL?    MB

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man that Ducks team is fast. If Chip Kelly is in the NFL does he try to use the same offensive philosophy in the NFL?    MB

[/QUOTE]

I think he'll make some adjustments, as NFL defenses are much better equippe/coached, but overall, I don't see why his offense won't work at the NFL level... heck NE incorporates some of his concepts today and it's worked out well for them

With the Browns being my 2nd favorite NFL team, I'd love to see him end up there... interested to see if he'd then target his boy Kenjon Barner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to tg19pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

miguel maysonet 6-1 225

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maysonet can play, runs fast, hits the holes quick and is surprising tough, have seen him play a bunch of times at Stony brook.  ran well against division one opponents when given the chance. Simply dominated the playoff level.  He was invited to the combine and is listed on the list of extras to be called if any running backs get hurt for the senior bowl( I think).

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, tg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Badger OL Travis Frederick to declare for the draft:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/05/starting-lineman-bolts-badgers-for-nfl/

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

i have someone working on highlight vids for Robert Alford, Melvin White, and Chris Harper.. coming soon!

[/QUOTE]

Nice!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

One name that's quickly working it's way up my draft board is Rutgers CB Logan Ryan (6-0 190).  I'm hoping to target this kid at the back end of Rd 2, but I think he's more of a top 40 type kid that could sneak into Rd 1, so he could be a potential target there if NE is looking to go CB early.

This kid has good size, can set the edge in the run game, plays a physical brand of football and is one of the better tackling CB's that I've seen (a def plus with BB/NC).  He shows good awareness/instincts in zone and has the size/speed/quicks/physicality to excel press/off man... he also gets his hands on a ton of footballs with 17 PBU/21 PD (including 4 INT's).

Kid is just an awesome overall fit for what NE values at the position and again, I could see a DMC like rise for this kid from projected 2nd Rd to 1st Rounder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Stanford OLB Trent Murphy and ILB Shayne Skov  will both return to school (I'll have to remove both from the Big 32 Board)... that's huge news for the Stanford D in 2013... both should be at least day 2 picks in 2014.

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/3-Stanford-defenders-choose-to-return-4170687.php

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

i talked about Klien awhile back but I would like to see him get a shot at another position. the kid is both a great athlete and football player. Try him at TE or even at a rush DE.  And obviously have as third QB.

and try Nebraska QB at safety. I just like smart football players and college QB's tend to be the smartest of the lot.

and yes, if Christian Micheal is around late take him. Great kid.

I am not as sold on Vaccaro as you guys are. He has a bit of a sourpuss rep at UT.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby (a favorite of mine), will return to school.  This kid will be one of the top DB's in the nation next year:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/01/all-american_cornerback_bradle.html

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB really enjoyed the feeling of trading "up" last draft and rumor has it that he will trade the 1st,2nd and 3rd round picks to Oakland and draft Manti Te'o 

Mayo and Te'o.................

Crap, hate when I day dream.........

[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm as big a Te'o fan as there is (ND is my team), kid is awesome on and off the field, but his position is too redundant for them to trade their entire draft for... some organization is gonna be luck to land him though!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB really enjoyed the feeling of trading "up" last draft and rumor has it that he will trade the 1st,2nd and 3rd round picks to Oakland and draft Manti Te'o 

Mayo and Te'o.................

Crap, hate when I day dream.........

[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm as big a Te'o fan as there is, kid is awesome on and off the field, but his position is too redundant for them to trade their entire draft for...

[/QUOTE]

hey man speaking of Manti..just want you to know today I am heading to get me a brand new ND tee/sweat shirt for the Big game tomorrow night!

I will be here Tuesday to celebrate a National Championship with you!

GO IRISH!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Awesome!  Time to shock the South... GO IRISH!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get to see Harrison Smith play today, maybe good Omen for Notre Dame. Still have sour grapes about not Drafting this kid.

[/QUOTE]

I really wanted this kid too... too many folks were underrating this kid, chalking his 1st round projection up to a "weak S class".

Could always draft Harrison Lite in (Zeke Motta) the middle rounds, haha.

[/QUOTE]

you were right....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Dream a Lil dream with Te'o but this kid's coverage skills is unmatched at the LB position.  If there is one part that our great young LB crew is lacking is speed and especially in coverage.Spikes seems to play faster in coverage than his actual speed but the unit as a whole still can be beat in the pass game. Since I don't really follow the draft until after the SB, I ask...outside of Te'o, who are some of the better Coverage/Speed LB's coming out this year??

[/QUOTE]

As far as ILB's that have both the movement skills/ability in coverage and the size that BB likes in the position, Oregon's Kiko Alonso (6-3 242) is at the top of my list... check him out.