***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to Godvernment's comment:

S J. Cyprien

You really don't like him, do you

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Disgusted!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Disgusted!!!

lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

There isn't a single player we took today that I am excited about.  Zero starters.  2 of 4 probably aren't worthy of even making the team.  Isn't it wonderful having so many picks just to watch us pee them away?  What is this, Rutgers or bust because BB is buddies?  Like Tavon Wilson, another safety nobody cares about.

I was so sick after pick 83 that I wrote down 6 players for 91 that if we had taken one, I would feel like we did something.

Patton

Schwenke

Bailey

Rambo

Swope

Stepfan Taylor

Nope we reached 3 rounds for Du-Who Harmon!!!  What is Kraft spending his money on??  Honestly.  The Pats cannot run a draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

There isn't a single player we took today that I am excited about.  Zero starters.  2 of 4 probably aren't worthy of even making the team.  Isn't it wonderful having so many picks just to watch us pee them away?  What is this, Rutgers or bust because BB is buddies?  Like Tavon Wilson, another safety nobody cares about.

I was so sick after pick 83 that I wrote down 6 players for 91 that if we had taken one, I would feel like we did something.

Patton

Schwenke

Bailey

Rambo

Swope

Stepfan Taylor

Nope we reached 3 rounds for Du-Who Harmon!!!  What is Kraft spending his money on??  Honestly.  The Pats cannot run a draft.

Yeah they sure blew the last three drafts before this year huh? Just because they didn't pick your favorite guys doesn't mean they can't draft. They ffilled three needs with the first three picks. I'm with ya on Harmon but we'll see

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

A few thoughts on their Day 2 picks:

1.  Curious as to how they'll use Jamie Collins... looks like a move type player that they could used all over the field... particulary on 3rd down... believe PE was high on this kid, credit to him.

2.  Aaron Dobson... I had other WR's rated higher, but tough to knock the pick... good size, good hands, tough kid at a need position.  He was a popular name on the draft thread.

3.  I've been high on Logan Ryan for quite a while (mocked him to NE in Rd 3) as he possesses a good combo of what BB values in his CB's... moves well, tough, smart, physical, tackles well, effective blitzer and got his and on a ton of footballs the past couple seasons (17 PBU, 4 INT's in 2012 and 13/4 in 2011).

4.  Duron Harmon... Like most, I don't have much on this kid (He did lead Rutgers in INT's 2011 with 5),  look forward to researching him... but yeah, can't say I'm happy with the pick considering the other players left on the board... we'll see if he's the physical S presence that they could use longterm. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I actually really liked the first 3 picks that we made today, but I'm with everyone else on Harmon.  Hope he proves me wrong.  Does this mean Gregory is gone?  Or Ebner?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Hey MB, I bet you never would have guessed that we might have a shot at Jesse Williams in the 4th round.  Even if he is still there, I don't think we will take him.  He seems to be falling for a reason...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Hey MB, I bet you never would have guessed that we might have a shot at Jesse Williams in the 4th round.  Even if he is still there, I don't think we will take him.  He seems to be falling for a reason...

Yeah man, wondering what the issue is... knee concerns?  IDK... but crazy nonetheless. Kid def isn't a Rd 4 talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

1.  Curious as to how they'll use Jamie Collins... looks like a move type player that they could used all over the field... particulary on 3rd down... believe PE was high on this kid, credit to him.

2.  Aaron Dobson... I had other WR's rated higher, but tough to knock the pick... good size, good hands, tough kid at a need position.  He was a popular name on the draft thread.

3.  I've been high on Logan Ryan for quite a while (mocked him to NE in Rd 3) as he possesses a good combo of what BB values in his CB's... moves well, tough, smart, physical, tackles well, effective blitzer and got his and on a ton of footballs the past couple seasons (17 PBU, 4 INT's in 2012 and 13/4 in 2011).

4.  Duron Harmon... Like most, I don't have much on this kid (He did lead Rutgers in INT's 2011 with 5),  look forward to researching him... but yeah, can't say I'm happy with the pick considering the other players left on the board... we'll see if he's the physical S presence that they could use longterm. 

I really like the Dobson and Ryan picks. Collins is versatile but unpolished and I think they want to develop him with spikes and nink heading into their contract years. I think we will see him on 3rd down as he has decent pass coverage skills...also expect to see him a ton on ST.

the one pick i am a loss for words on his Huron. W T F ? We will be looking back on this pick with regret as the Rams drafted our kid Bailey just 1 pick later. Should have grabbed Bailey and this draft would have been much better. 

Who is left on the board of note for our pick in round 4?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I am crossing my fingers that Dobson develops into that other Marshall receiver we use to love....god knows they have similar hands. In fact, I think Dobson has the best hands in this draft, but I honestly had bailey, Patton ahead of him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

What WRs are still available besides Da'Rick Rogers? I have to wonder if the double dip is possible with that 4th round pick...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Jwilliams, Patton, Da'rick Rogers, Swope all on the board in round 4....can we please get one of them?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

What WRs are still available besides Da'Rick Rogers? I have to wonder if the double dip is possible with that 4th round pick...

Patton, Rogers, Swope are the most notable that are left...I want Patton

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Patton, Rogers, Swope are the most notable that are left...I want Patton

Ya, I just looked them up. At this point, I'm kind of hoping they draft another WR (any of those 3 would make me happy). 

I also wonder what's up with Jesse Williams? I didn't expect this kid to fall into the 4th round.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Apparently Jesse Williams had knee surgery after his bowl game. That may have concerned more than a few teams..maybe all 32 teams, 3 times...if he is hanging around in the 5th, I would go get him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I really like the Dobson and Ryan picks. Collins is versatile but unpolished and I think they want to develop him with spikes and nink heading into their contract years. I think we will see him on 3rd down as he has decent pass coverage skills...also expect to see him a ton on ST.

the one pick i am a loss for words on his Huron. W T F ? We will be looking back on this pick with regret as the Rams drafted our kid Bailey just 1 pick later. Should have grabbed Bailey and this draft would have been much better. 

Yeah, Harmon over Bailey hurt, ha.

As for players that I'll be interested in with pick 102:

DT- Jesse Williams

DT- Chris Jones

WR- Quinton Patton

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Da'Rick Rogers

WR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Schwenke

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

CB/S- Sanders Commings

S- Shamarko Thomas

S- Josh Evans

S- Keelan Johnson

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

91. Patriots S Duron Harmon

92. Rams WR Stedman Bailey

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I owe my buddy a new TV... ha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

DT- Jesse Williams

DT- Chris Jones

WR- Quinton Patton

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Da'Rick Rogers

WR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Schwenke

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

CB/S- Sanders Commings

S- Shamarko Thomas

S- Josh Evans

S- Keelan Johnson

My top 4 favorites out of those players listed are highlighted...i'd be ok with Swope (for WR), but I'd prefer Rogers or Patton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I will take Patton for our 102. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I'd take Jones or Williams.  I was hoping for one at 91 and the other at 104, but we had to take Harmon.  From the limited film available, I think Harmon is a decent player, but looked like a Rd 6-7 kid.  Not sure why they had to take him at 91.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

DT- Jesse Williams

DT- Chris Jones

WR- Quinton Patton

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Da'Rick Rogers

WR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Schwenke

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

CB/S- Sanders Commings

S- Shamarko Thomas

S- Josh Evans

S- Keelan Johnson

they all are better at their position than our last 2 picks. a cb who can only play zpne and is thoguht to need to move to safety cause hes too slow.

lost his freet loops in the third round. 

time for kraft to pull the string and bring in a gm or at least co gm. 

many other teams conitnue to make leaps with this draft.

we needed maybe 3 gamechangers. we traded down for 4.54 corner who will need to be protected?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

91. Patriots S Duron Harmon

92. Rams WR Stedman Bailey

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I owe my buddy a new TV... ha

guess bb really didnt like j williams (or bailey) leaving him  late in teh third round on the board.