***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to titletownfan's comment:

I firmly believe that the Patriots will sign John Abraham and another veteran Free Agent WR, loosly taking care of our needs, but with much more to come in the draft.  I suspect we will trade Mallett for (hopefully) a 2nd round pick, and move down a few times with our picks.  The Pats are supposedly high on Kafka, and have been since he was drafted, and could roll with him as the backup.  I suspect we will make 6-8 selections in the draft broken down as follows:

2-3 in Rd 1-2

1 Rd 3

1 Rd 4

1 Rd 5-6

2 Rd 7

As for needs, I think the Pats will absolutely take a DT, WR, and CB in the early rounds.  From the 4th onwards, I envision the Pats targeting a coverage LB, OL depth, HB depth, and perhaps even a Kicker in the 7th, as Ghost's cap charge is awfuly high for an average kicker.

These are some specific players I think the Pats should target:

WR (late 1st-early 2nd): Keenan Allen

Seems like a classic Patriots receiver.  Great hands and route running ability, and doesn't really have a glaring weakness.  Has good size as well.  His lack of elite speed seems to knock him down the board, but that shouldn't be an issue for the Pats who have had bad luck with burners (Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson), and will gladly take a player with above average speed like Allen.

DT (late 1st-early 2nd): Jonathan Hankins

A big, tough DT who is very hard to move and very good at stopping the run.  In addition, while he isn't a top pass rusher, he has shown the ability to be disruptive in the backfield, and has potential to strengthen his pass rush abilities.  The Pats tend to start strong run defenders on the line (Wilfork, Warren, Love etc), and don't tend to emphasize pass rushing in a starter.  They have Armond Armstead to provide the interior pass rush that players like Mike Wright and Myron Pryor have provided in the past, and will likely add John Abraham giving the team ample pass rush on the DL, meaning they can target a very balanced DT like Hankins, who should start next to Wilfork this year.

CB (2nd-3rd): Logan Ryan

A big and physical corner who is good in both man and zone coverage, who can be a quality backup to Dennard and Talib as an outside CB.  Also is pretty good in run support.  Kyle Arrington should not see any time outside, and having Ryan on the team adds another layer of depth, and allows Arrington to stay in the slot where he excels.  Ryan could be had in the 3rd round, a great spot for us to add to our solid CB crew.  BB likes Rutgers players, and seeing as though Ryan fits the bill of the CB we need, you have to imagine BB would pounce on Ryan in the 3rd.

OLB (4th-7th): Jamie Collins

A fast and physical prospect from a small school, Collins has the athleticism to succeed as a coverage LB here in NE.  He showed some pass rushing ability too, albeit against weaker competition.  He's a bit raw, but despite being the star of the Southern Miss defense, still played all four Special Teams units, something BB will like.  Collins could hopefully be had in the 4th, although his top-notch athleticism might put him a bit higher, where the Pats would be unlikely to pounce.  With most needs filled, the Pats can afford to take a chance on a raw but athletic talent like Collins.

At Kicker, there are two from Florida and Florida State (Caleb Sturgis and Dustin Hopkins) who are good and could be had in the 7th.  As I said earlier, some competetion for Ghost would be good considering his cap hit, and Pats don;t have many holes to fill allowing them to use a 7th rounder on a Kicker.  Wouldn't take either unless they lasted till the 7th though.

At HB could the Pats take a flyer on Marcus Lattimore?  He might be out for a while, but you can never have too much talent, and the Pats could stash him on IR if needed.  If not, he can add depth to the HB crew that lost Woodhead.  Perhaps he gives Bolden a run for the spot?  I suspect they look more at a pass catching back later on, perhaps from a small school.  These guys tend to surprise.  

I suspect the Pats will also add an interior OL prospect or two.  Pats tend to look at tough and physical guys who did well in college (i.e. Mankins), as opposed to the athletic raw prospects they get at Tackle (Solder, Vollmer), so I imagine they try and find a big school experienced mauler somewhere on Day 3.  Not sure who fits yet.  Ideas?

I do like the idea of Allen as an option in Rd 1 if he's available, same with Hankins... also love Logan Ryan as a Day 2 option at CB... good size, active kid that can blitz and is excellent in run support.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Forgive if this has been covered in the past.  But I'd like to get some opinions of us possibly taking Kevin Minter at 29 assuming we sign a pass rusher and Edelman.  The reason I ask is Spikes is entering the final year of his contract.  He has been stout against the run but a liability in coverage.  We all know Spikes is slow as molasses in straight line speed 5.15 - forty.  Minter ran a 4.81 forty.  This added speed would help him getting to the side lines vs. all of us seeing Spikes get beat to the outside.  Minter posted a 33 inch vert, tops among ILBs.  His 119 inches in the broad jump was 2nd best.  He has 32 inch arms which are long for his 6 foot height.

I realize Fletcher will be back but how effective will he be a year removed from an ACL?  Besides, he missed 6 games in 2011 with a thumb.  To me we need to be faster at LB.  I would actually rather draft a speedy OLB and move Hightower to his more natural MLB spot but drafting a more athletic and productive Minter may have some merit.  I'm not saying this would improve us more next year vs. another position such as CB or DT (replacing Love).  Spikes hasn't been all that durable.  He has just one sack, one INT and 11 PDEF in 3 years!!  Add that to his contract being up at the end of the year, the iffy durability of Fletcher and I wonder if BB might look to draft a highly touted MLB?

My big question is, in the opinions of those on here, would Minter be an upgrade to Spikes, especially in passing situations which we're in more than 57% of the time?

I would need to check him out. I have not watched any film of his. I am hugely critical of linebackers in general and I have stated many times I do not "love" the Pats corp.

I think Mayo is decent but over rated. I was never in favor of the Spikes pick at the draft slot they took him and I was also very critical of Hightower coming out. When they took Hightower I was hoping they were going to move him to DE. I don't love him playing LB.

The last few linebackers I really liked a lot coming out were Daryl Washington, Luke Keuckly, Sean weatherspoon, Sean Lee, Jon Beason. ...and to a slightly lesser extent; Bobby Wagner and Curtis Lofton.

Would you compare Minter favorably to any of those guys I mentioned?

I have watched Minter quite a bit and he definitely looked the part this year. What I like about him to start compared to spikes, is he is an excellent run defender. So check There. He plays physical and likes contact Like spikes as well. Watching him what I noticed most is his ability to shed blocks and get to the runner. He has great sideline to sideline speed and is capable of blitzing, dropping back into coverage, but I think this area needs improvement. He kind of reminds me a little of mayo in that he is a tackling machine....however, I think he has more big play ability in him like nink. Lastly, his best games this year were against all the good teams, And he showed up big time against clemson in their bowl game...This tells me he rises to the occasion unlike Manti. Sorry MB..didn't mean to crack on your nd kid, but just my opinion.

perhaps an unpopular opinion here, but the pats may have all the DL they want right now. Armstead to me is this years 2nd round draft pick for bb. I don't know if he adds anything early in the draft At dt. Therefore, perhaps an unconventional pick, one we never saw coming like Minter makes perfect sense Given spikes last year And big ? On fletcher....

Manti played a dud of a game against Alabama so he can't rise to the occasion?  How do you explain his play vs. Oklahoma, on the road in Norman, in prime time? 

I also find it funny that the mainstream media is taking a dump on Manti for a 4.82 40 at the combine, but you don't hear anything about Minter's 4.81.

Look, at the end of the day I think both are solid football players, but trying to measure a kid on a one game sample after 4 years of solid play doesn't make sense, IMO.

Didn't mean to offend you. I think Manti is a fine player. He has a ton of good film other than the Bama game. If I had to choose between he and Minter, I think I would take Minter simply because of the catfish thing. That whole thing is strange, even today no explanation. That will make some teams shy away. What do you think the chances are that manti drops to the late 2nd or even early third because of it?....

bailey was my guy a while back. Love this kid and want the pats to draft him.m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel - Digger

2. Jacksonville - OT Eric Fisher - Faucet

3. Oakland - QB Geno Smith - jjd

4. Philadelphia - DL Star Lotulelei - KyleCleric

5. Detroit - DE Ziggy Ansah - Digger

6. Cleveland- CB Dee Milliner- MB

7. Arizona - DT Shariff Floyd-  Wazzu

8. Buffalo

9. NYJ

10. Tenn

11. SD

12. MIA

13. Tampa Bay

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Forgive if this has been covered in the past.  But I'd like to get some opinions of us possibly taking Kevin Minter at 29 assuming we sign a pass rusher and Edelman.  The reason I ask is Spikes is entering the final year of his contract.  He has been stout against the run but a liability in coverage.  We all know Spikes is slow as molasses in straight line speed 5.15 - forty.  Minter ran a 4.81 forty.  This added speed would help him getting to the side lines vs. all of us seeing Spikes get beat to the outside.  Minter posted a 33 inch vert, tops among ILBs.  His 119 inches in the broad jump was 2nd best.  He has 32 inch arms which are long for his 6 foot height.

I realize Fletcher will be back but how effective will he be a year removed from an ACL?  Besides, he missed 6 games in 2011 with a thumb.  To me we need to be faster at LB.  I would actually rather draft a speedy OLB and move Hightower to his more natural MLB spot but drafting a more athletic and productive Minter may have some merit.  I'm not saying this would improve us more next year vs. another position such as CB or DT (replacing Love).  Spikes hasn't been all that durable.  He has just one sack, one INT and 11 PDEF in 3 years!!  Add that to his contract being up at the end of the year, the iffy durability of Fletcher and I wonder if BB might look to draft a highly touted MLB?

My big question is, in the opinions of those on here, would Minter be an upgrade to Spikes, especially in passing situations which we're in more than 57% of the time?

I would need to check him out. I have not watched any film of his. I am hugely critical of linebackers in general and I have stated many times I do not "love" the Pats corp.

I think Mayo is decent but over rated. I was never in favor of the Spikes pick at the draft slot they took him and I was also very critical of Hightower coming out. When they took Hightower I was hoping they were going to move him to DE. I don't love him playing LB.

The last few linebackers I really liked a lot coming out were Daryl Washington, Luke Keuckly, Sean weatherspoon, Sean Lee, Jon Beason. ...and to a slightly lesser extent; Bobby Wagner and Curtis Lofton.

I have watched Minter quite a bit and he definitely looked the part this year. What I like about him to start compared to spikes, is he is an excellent run defender. So check There. He plays physical and likes contact Like spikes as well. Watching him what I noticed most is his ability to shed blocks and get to the runner. He has great sideline to sideline speed and is capable of blitzing, dropping back into coverage, but I think this area needs improvement. He kind of reminds me a little of mayo in that he is a tackling machine....however, I think he has more big play ability in him like nink. Lastly, his best games this year were against all the good teams, And he showed up big time against clemson in their bowl game...This tells me he rises to the occasion unlike Manti. Sorry MB..didn't mean to crack on your nd kid, but just my opinion.

perhaps an unpopular opinion here, but the pats may have all the DL they want right now. Armstead to me is this years 2nd round draft pick for bb. I don't know if he adds anything early in the draft At dt. Therefore, perhaps an unconventional pick, one we never saw coming like Minter makes perfect sense Given spikes last year And big ? On fletcher....

Manti played a dud of a game against Alabama so he can't rise to the occasion?  How do you explain his play vs. Oklahoma, on the road in Norman, in prime time? 

I also find it funny that the mainstream media is taking a dump on Manti for a 4.82 40 at the combine, but you don't hear anything about Minter's 4.81.

Look, at the end of the day I think both are solid football players, but trying to measure a kid on a one game sample after 4 years of solid play doesn't make sense, IMO.

Didn't mean to offend you. I think Manti is a fine player. He has a ton of good film other than the Bama game. If I had to choose between he and Minter, I think I would take Minter simply because of the catfish thing. That whole thing is strange, even today no explanation. That will make some teams shy away. What do you think the chances are that manti drops to the late 2nd or even early third because of it?....

Nah man, not offended, I was just debating the merit of judging a kid on a one game sample.

It really is tough to gauge how the catfishing thing will effect his status, or how teams will feel about it... though I still expect to see him off the board somewhere in the Top 40-50, with a shot at Rd 1, potentially to Balt.

Yeah, the more I watch of Bailey, the more I want to see him catching footballs from TB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Nah man, not offended, I was just debating the merit of judging a kid on a one game sample.

It really is tough to gauge how the catfishing thing will effect his status, or how teams will feel about it... though I still expect to see him off the board somewhere in the Top 40-50, with a shot at Rd 1, potentially to Balt.

Yeah, the more I watch of Bailey, the more I want to see him catching footballs from TB.

i dont have perspective on manti, didnt watch his career, the terrible game was just an add on. it's not just  catfish thing, if you even believe that. he used the emotions of the public on natl tv, after coming forward about the bs, and spoke of his girfirend and other heartstrings (after he came out about no girlfriend existiing) the effect of his girfriend having leukemia and then dying.. etc. 

i expect balt in rd 1 or he cd drop to 2nd half of rd 2 or later. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

8. Buffalo- Lane Johnson -  Looneyman

9. NYJ

10. Tenn

11. SD

12. MIA

13. Tampa Bay

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

8. Buffalo- Lane Johnson -  Looneyman

9. NYJ - DE/OLB Dion Jordan - SeattlePat

10. Tenn

11. SD

12. MIA

13. Tampa Bay

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well guys, what a nice weekend to come back from and find out Vollmer is back for the next 4 years. I'm sure you guys have talked about it over the weekend but I'm excited to have him back. I think it really solidifies the OL. Now both T's are locked up. You have a couple of swing man in Svitek and you have a position swing man in Cannon. Additionally, I don't remember who pointed it out first, Zusevics is listed on the roster as a T but is listed as a G on the depth chart. Not sure if that's a mistake or not, but he might be another position swing guy. Mankins contract means he's not going anywhere for the next couple years. So, in the end the only two possible spots I see to upgrade are C, RG.

Looking at C, Wendell was impressive last year. It's clear Brady liked him too and mentioned him in a couple of pressers. I know Faucet wants someone bigger but Wendell is the same size as Koppen, Saturday, Pouncey brothers, and just about Mangold (the brother not the bigger sister). Really some of the best C's in the game usually hover between 300-310 so Wendell isn't exactly small in terms of a C. Personally I'm perfectly happy leaving Wendell stay the startin C moving forward.

Looking at RG, Connolly has a loose grip on the starting job. It could be upgraded in the offseason but with Cannon and Zusevics both being G/T players, it seems, they might already have a solution within the system. 

In short I don't see a single OL being taken before day 3 this year. However, I still see a pass rusher (my preference is interior DT), another outside caliber CB (Talib replacement long term as well as depth), and a X/Z type WR (this is sorely needed given right now we have Amendola, Jones, Slater as our starting WR's)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Make it happen, BB... I've already pre-ordered my Stedman jersey, haha.

Hahaha Nice!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

7. Arizona - DT Shariff Floyd- Wazzu

8. Buffalo- Lane Johnson - Looneyman

10. Tenn G Chance Warmack- HC

11. SD

12. MIA

13. Tampa Bay

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Well guys, what a nice weekend to come back from and find out Vollmer is back for the next 4 years. I'm sure you guys have talked about it over the weekend but I'm excited to have him back. I think it really solidifies the OL. Now both T's are locked up. You have a couple of swing man in Svitek and you have a position swing man in Cannon. Additionally, I don't remember who pointed it out first, Zusevics is listed on the roster as a T but is listed as a G on the depth chart. Not sure if that's a mistake or not, but he might be another position swing guy. Mankins contract means he's not going anywhere for the next couple years. So, in the end the only two possible spots I see to upgrade are C, RG.

Looking at C, Wendell was impressive last year. It's clear Brady liked him too and mentioned him in a couple of pressers. I know Faucet wants someone bigger but Wendell is the same size as Koppen, Saturday, Pouncey brothers, and just about Mangold (the brother not the bigger sister). Really some of the best C's in the game usually hover between 300-310 so Wendell isn't exactly small in terms of a C. Personally I'm perfectly happy leaving Wendell stay the startin C moving forward.

Looking at RG, Connolly has a loose grip on the starting job. It could be upgraded in the offseason but with Cannon and Zusevics both being G/T players, it seems, they might already have a solution within the system. 

In short I don't see a single OL being taken before day 3 this year. However, I still see a pass rusher (my preference is interior DT), another outside caliber CB (Talib replacement long term as well as depth), and a X/Z type WR (this is sorely needed given right now we have Amendola, Jones, Slater as our starting WR's)

Good post. I pretty much agree with everything you said

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Glad to have Vollmer back... Can def remove Fluker or OT in general from the draft board.

Agreed, still think we need an OG.  Any sleepers out there we haven't discussed?

I think I might've asked before, but has anyone seen PJ Lonergan play? He played C this past year and G before in the past. Went up against alot of SEC competition (Williams, Jenkins) and I thought he did a decent job. I'd love to get him in RD 5-7

Anyone, anyone?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

11. SD- OG Jon Cooper- MB

12. MIA

13. Tampa Bay

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Glad to have Vollmer back... Can def remove Fluker or OT in general from the draft board.

Agreed, still think we need an OG.  Any sleepers out there we haven't discussed?

I think I might've asked before, but has anyone seen PJ Lonergan play? He played C this past year and G before in the past. Went up against alot of SEC competition (Williams, Jenkins) and I thought he did a decent job. I'd love to get him in RD 5-7

Anyone, anyone?

Haven't seen much if any tape on Lonergan, but he's an experienced SEC kid with good strength at the POA (based on the scouting reports) and the ability to play all (3) interior OL positions if needed... could be a solid Day 3 pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Something I wanted to add about Manti is I'd prefer him on 3rd downs over Minter.  I think he has great instincts and knows where to be. He really stepped up his pass D last year and I'm not just talking about the 7 int.'s but also pass deflections. Some interceptions are luck, but some are, imo, him just knowing where to be and following the QB's reads

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Anyone, anyone?

Haven't seen much if any tape on Lonergan, but he's an experienced SEC kid with good strength at the POA (based on the scouting reports) and the ability to play all (3) interior OL positions if needed... could be a solid Day 3 pick.

Agree there isn't much tape on him out there. He sounds like a motivated kid who wants to excel at all interior positions. Good strength, he holds the school record for power clean

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes - PatsEng

13. Tampa Bay

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Interesting thing to note. A lot of experts are predicting the Pats to now take a CB. I just don't see it. After the top 2 maybe 3 CB's in the draft the talent level for the next 6-8 are all essentially the same, just matters the position and scheme. But, a lot of these experts don't seem to take the value aspect into account thinking the Pats will grab a CB early and by pass a DL. Given past history to me that means the Pats won't be drafting a CB in the 1st as they never have done what the experts think. Oddly enough less then 30% of the experts I've been reading have them taking DL. Now BB has been a lot better at picking DL then any other position other then OL in the draft and given the strength in the top 50 for DL I'm kind of shocked not a lot of people are really jumping on the fact that it gives not only great value, it's a position of strength, and it's a position of need for the Pats. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Agree, def good news... maintain some continuity along the offensive LOS and you avoid senslessly having to fill a whole.

I also hope they don't address the OL until Day 3 at the earliest as there are bigger wholes at WR, DL and CB, IMO... though a kid who can play all three interior positions in Rd 3 or so would be solid.

Also agree that they should be targeting a WR that can play on the outside and if they want, double back in Rd 7 and pickup another slot if they want (i.e. TJ Moe).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Was wondering what all you thought about keeping Ghost or cutting him and drafting a K like Hopkins from FSU?

I'm 50/50 on it

I wouldn't mind if they used a 7th on one and let he and Ghost battle in camp

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Was wondering what all you thought about keeping Ghost or cutting him and drafting a K like Hopkins from FSU?

I'm 50/50 on it

I wouldn't mind if they used a 7th on one and let he and Ghost battle in camp

Yeah, to be honest, I don't really care one way or the other... if they feel like it's the best move and decide to cut him and draft another K, I won't lose any sleep over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes - PatsEng

13. Tampa Bay - Sheldon Richardson - jjd

14. Carolina

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So, since we are doing the full 1st round mock draft I thought I'd post my own and see what you guys think with my reasonings:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel: With a new shinny QB they need someone to protect his blind side. It's been argued back and forth between Joeckel and Fisher and from everything I've been hearing it sounds like they are locked in on Joeckel
    2. Jacksonville - LB/DE Dion Jordan: Jax doesn't have a QB so I can't see them taking FIsher and hoping they find a QB later. To me. So, what do you do if you have no O and no hope of really improving it?, you go D and they take a dynamic rusher in Jordan. This is a guy you can start to build a D around and I think Jax will take the heavy D approach in this years draft.
    3. Oakland - DE/DT Sharif Floyd: Oak can faint that they might take Smith all they want but I don't think any team is buying it, nor do I think any team but Buf is willing to trade up for Smith. With Oak losing Bryant and possible Seymour they need to add back into their DL. Floyd is the type of DT that Oak tends to like. A faster DT with some good power and helps their two biggest weaknesses, 1) a poor pass rush 2) a better pass rush hides a poor secondary
    4. Philadelphia - QB Geno Smith: Philly can't be happy going into the year with Vick and their main backup being the man in the green suit from the stands. Smith would fit into Kelly's style of O and with Vick could be in a 49ers situation learning the O in the first half of the year and starting once Vick goes down. Seems to make to much sense for Philly not to take Smith right here
    5. Detroit - OT Eric Fisher: Detriot is either going T or CB with this pick and Fisher is the best player on the board. He can play RT or LT 
    6. Cleveland- CB Dee Milliner: Clev I think would like to trade out of this spot but they might have to stay here. If they do then they are clearly focused on rebuilding the D. Adding the top CB in the draft would go a long way to helping rebuild a D that recently added Bryant and Kruger
    7. Arizona - DE Ezekiel Ansah: Ari wants to desperately add someone across from Acho. Ansah is just to good of a player to turn down. They take the best pass rusher available 
    8. Buffalo- WR Cordarrelle Patterson: Buf really wanted Smith and desperately need a new QB but even they won't reach for the next QB available. They will just wait for round 2 to get their guy. In the mean time they need a WR badly. They basically have Johnson and that's it so they grab a WR early and try to get a QB later in the draft
    9. NYJ - OLB Javis Jones: The Jets need so many players it's not even funny. But, the one area that really sticks out to me the most is at LB. Jones would give them the versitility to cover, play the edges, or rush the passer. They could go OL but why with the QB they have
    10. Tenn G Chance Warmack: Tenn has to go OL with this pick and Warmack seems like a natural fit for Tenn. Similar blocking schemes coming out of college and can really help the running game
    11. SD- OG Jon Cooper: I really wanted to give Star here to SD but their OL is so bad I just can't. They really need to add to the OL and Cooper gives them an anchor they can build an OL around
    12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes: The Phins need to replace Smith on a bad secondary. They worked to add talent to a depleted O but they need to add some talent in that secondary and did a bad job this off-season. They add to a position of need and not BPA simple because the BPA (Star) plays the same position they just spent a tag on
    13. Tampa Bay - DT Star Lotulelei: Tampa is known for it's D but lately that DL has started to disappear. With one of the best run and pass rsuhing rising stars leaving the team they need to add back into the DL. Star is the BPA on the board and Tampa could use someone to help kick start a rebuild on D and Star can be that guy
    14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson: Car was drooling over the possibility to get Star but they take the next BDTA in Richardson. This isn't to mention Steve Smith already said they wanted Richardson
    15. New Orleans - DE Barkevious Mingo: The Saints want to upgrade a poor pass rush and take the best available DL player who can get to the QB. They want to move to a 3-4 D and Mingo would be the first step as an OLB who can cover as well as get to the QB
    16. St Louis - WR Tavon Austin: The Rams lost Amendola and were never an option for Welker. They need a player who can get openly quickly for Bradford and a trustable safety valve. Austin fits that description perfectly and could be an upgrade to Amendola as he can stay on the field
    17. Pittsburgh - DE Bjoern Werner: Pitt wanted Austin to fall one more slot but will settle for a mean DE. Werner doesn't have the explosive speed to be a rushing LB but Pitt has a "way" to take undersized DL and add 20lbs over a summer. Werner seems like Pitt's type of DL and with the right players around him might be able to bring some toughness back to the steel curtain
    18. Dallas - S Kenny Vaccaro: Dal needs secondary help badly but have had no cap space to address it. They have been linked to numerous DB's this offseason and they use the draft to help sure up the back end of their D in Vaccaro
    19. NYG - ILB Alec Ogletree: The Giants always seem to be adding D players one step ahead of the league. With the league moving to TE sets and larger possession WR's the Giants add the best coverage LB in the draft. Behind an aging DL, Ogletree lets the DL pin their ears back and just rush as he can handle the run game as well as covering TE's and RB's
    20. Chicago - OT Lane Johnson: Chi needs to add OL help and is thankful Johnson made it to them. They gladly take a T to add to the team now that Ogletree isn't on the board to replace Urlacher
    21. Cincy - OT D.J. Fluker: With Smith maybe gone to the Phins Cinn needs a T. Fluker makes sense only because of the run on OT's and when Cinn's next pick comes around the talent level might prevent them from getting an immediate starter
    22. Rams (From WASH) - S Jason Elam: The rams would have preferred Ogletree but will take a player who can captian the middle of the field and take over command of the secondary
    23. Minnesota - WR Keenan Allen: Adding Jenning helps Minn but they need more talent to replace Harvin. Allen at this point might be a reach but at one point he was considered a top 15 prospect. Ponder needs help and Allen could be the talent they need
    24. Indy - LB Manti Te'o: Now some might question this move but the Colts are one of the few teams that could take this kid on and let him disappear without much critizism. They need LB help and even though Te'o moves like a bunch of bricks he could come in to the new 34 and not have to worry about chasing TE's around all day instead focusing on gaps
    25. Minnesota (From SEA) - DT Jonathan Jenkins: I almost cried a little writing this pick but Minn hasn't had a big guy in the middle since Pat Williams. I think they are looking for a similar type of anchor moving forward and Jenkins fits that description
    26. Green Bay - TE Tyler Eifert: GB might be looking to replace Finley next year as Finley will be looking for WR type of money and I don't see GB giving it to him. Eifert isn't Gronk but he's one of the better TE's to come out of the draft in a while and GB will take there chances he could be a top 5 TE in the league
    27. Houston - WR DeAndre Hopkins: They never had a #2 and Johnson is only getting older so they finally take a step to get some more help in the WR spot. Hopkins makes a ton of sense for them and someone who could eventually take over for Johnson
    28. Denver - DE Tank Carradine: After Dumervil was cut even if they sign a Freeney or Abraham they need a long term solution at the outside spot more then they need to add to the inside spot. I could see them going and getting Short but Carradine would give them there long term Dumervil replacement 
    29. New England - DT Jonathan Hankins: There are a number of players the Pats could take here, J. Williams, Short, S. Williams but Hankins took a Wilfork type of tumble and would gladly scoop up Hankins. He can play DT/NT/DE it's the flexibility along side Wilfork who can do the same that BB dreams of. Imagine on pass downs Hankins or Wilfork as a LDE and Francis or Deadrick on the inside. Talk about creating edge issues and confusion as the line switches it up at random right before the snap
    30. Atlanta - CB Desmond Trufant: They might bring Grimes back or they might not but either way they need to add more CB's after letting Robinson go. Trufant is teh BPA for CB's so that's who Atl is going with
    31. San Fran - DE Margus Hunt: The 49ers looked bad with Smith last year and odds are the older Smith will miss time again. I think they will look for a long term replacement for Smith even if it takes a year to develop them. Hunt would be a gem for them that could turn into a diamond we all look at and say why didn't we grab that guy
    32. Baltimore - ILB Kevin Minter: Balt needs to find an ILB to replace Lewis. I'm not sure losing Te'o early is a bad thing for them as Minter is a solid ILB himself. It seems odd at first but a position they need to replace desperately

It could be interesting. We see the depth at DT and yet some big names fall to round 2 in my mock. J. Williams (MB's guy), Short, and S. Williams. All of which should be gone by pick 50 but all fall. Even though WR and CB aren't perticulally strong desperate teams at those positions take some early. I see a large run on DL and OL as soon as the 2nd round starts.