***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Just plug in another corner back there but I'm looking at it like a needs thing. Top need is a WR that can start when they get here. Patton has gone a bit under radar and seems like a good pick.

I like the idea of Hunt because he's a physical freak who's potential seem unlimited.  I like Simon because his motor never shuts down and has a lot of desire plus enormous strength. 

I like Simon too... he hasn't been disucussed much, mostly due to his height/length and fit, but I love the kid's strength, aggression and motor and you know BB is getting all the info he needs from Urban.

I like Simon. I was watching one of the Buckeyes' games to scout Shazier, it was Simon that I enjoyed watching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Just plug in another corner back there but I'm looking at it like a needs thing. Top need is a WR that can start when they get here. Patton has gone a bit under radar and seems like a good pick.

I like the idea of Hunt because he's a physical freak who's potential seem unlimited.  I like Simon because his motor never shuts down and has a lot of desire plus enormous strength. 

I like Simon too... he hasn't been disucussed much, mostly due to his height/length and fit, but I love the kid's strength, aggression and motor and you know BB is getting all the info he needs from Urban.

I like Simon. I was watching one of the Buckeyes' games to scout Shazier, it was Simon that I enjoyed watching.

Take a look at OSU CB Bradley Roby (Jersey #1) as well... Top 10 upside, IMO... was hoping he'd declare this year as a RS Soph.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

brooks today has werner making it to 30. id really like to knwo what all these mockers know to drop werner from top 5 to 30.

i mean wood is really a receiver ready to go in the nfl with great hands, route runing and head, but ahead of werner? and  carradine and hunt? pats leavign them on the board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/epic-fail-the-wide-receiver-draft-class-2012/22114/
    ... so please no WR for NE with their first 2 picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

My case for Da'Rick Rogers being a typical BB type of pick:

• A fringe 1st round talent who can fall to the 3rd (great value)
    • Pot smoking causing him to fill (Hern, Spikes, Mallett)
    • Plays all 3 layers
    • Run blocks
    • Top 10 performer in 6 of combine events including 20yrd, 60yrd, and 3 cone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

• Plays all 3 layers
    • Run blocks

Agree Eng. he actually finished in the top 5 at the combine in several events . 

If pot smoking on several occasions is his only off the field concern, I could see bb taking this kid. 

Question is, I don't think he lasts to the end of round 3. Some other teams probably feel the same way about him, so we would need to strike early here. 

I see 4 potential targets at WR from the middle of the 2nd to the beginning of round 3 the pats could target....bailey, Patton, Williams, Rogers...I am placing my bet its one of them in that range.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I trust everyone had a good night sleep, holding your draft materials tight, like when you were a kid slept holding your baseball glove or baseball bat or football helmet or basketball, etc?  haha

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I trust everyone had a good night sleep, holding your draft materials tight, like when you were a kid slept holding your baseball glove or baseball bat or football helmet or basketball, etc?  haha

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!

I tried but my white board is to large to spoon  >.<

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!

I tried but my white board is to large to spoon  >.<

Hahahahahahaha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Draft Day is here, and I would like to once again thank all of the regulars on this board for all of the thoughts and analysis throughout the season on all of these prospects.  I don't really have much time to watch film or do much research of my own, so I get most of my knowledge and insight about the draft right here.  Much appreciated!  With that being said, the best-case "realistic" scenario for me is if we draft Datone Jones at 29.  I still think it's a bit of a long-shot that he makes it to us, but I really think he is a special player with a unique skill-set.  I'm sure he would develop into a terrific compliment to Chandler.  However, I think that Jones will most likely be gone, and I will maintain that Margus Hunt is our most likely selection.  This draft is filled with "solid" prospects, but lacking in "blue-chip" prospects, so I think this would be a great year for BB to take a gamble on a guy like Hunt who is on the raw side, but has a tremendous upside if he can develop.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is my final Patriots’ mock (including options in Rd’s 4-6 where they don’t currently have picks) assuming they draft at their assigned slots.  We all know that Belichick will likely trade up and down throughout the draft:

Rd 1- DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320)- Alabama:   I haven't moved off of this pick in a long, long time... I just think his size, power, versatility, pedigree and upside makes too much sense if he's available.  Alternatives: CB DJ Hayden – DE Tank Carradine -– S Jon Cyprien - DL- Datone Jones- WR DeAndre Hopkins

Rd 2- WR  Stedman Bailey (5-10 193)- WVU:  As underrated a kid as there is in this class, IMO.  He looks like a complete WR to me:  Very good route runner, seperates consistently, excellent hands and ball skills, good quicks/RAC ability, competitive, can play on the outside, productive, good effort as a blocker, playmaker.  Alternatives:   - DT- John Hankins -  CB Darius Slay - CB - Johnthan Banks  - WR- Keenan Allen  - WR-Markus Wheaton -

Rd 3- CB Logan Ryan (5-11 192)- Rutgers:  Good size corner with adequate speed and excellent COD, he’s also a physical kid that tackles well (something BB puts a ton of value in) and is an effective blitzer off the edge.  Alternatives:  - S-Shamarko Thomas - CB/S- Sanders Commings - S Josh Evans- WR- Ryan Swope - LB Kiko Alonso

Rd 7- S Cooper Taylor (6-5 228)- Richmond:  A huge, physical safety prospect, that plays  good speed and COD for a tall player… he’s also a smart kid on and off the field and could give BB that hybrid S/LB type player to help combat today’s big/athletic NFL TE’s.  Alternative:  DE/OLB- Joe Kruger- DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore - DL- Quinton Dial - S- Orhian Johnson – RB Chris Thompson

Rd 7-WR Sam McGuffie (5-10 200)- Rice:   Elite combo of speed/quicks/COD/athleticism, he’s also relatively new to the WR position and looks like the kind of kid that BB targets with his Rd 7 picks.  Alternatives:  RB- Spencer Ware - TE- Michael Williams - WR- TJ Moe- OL- Tanner Hawkinson- QB- Sean Renfree

***Rd 4-6 Options***

CB- Kayvon Webster (could also be a Rd 3 sleeper option)

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

S- Keelan Johnson

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

DE/OLB- David Bass

ILB- AJ Klein

DT- Josh Boyd 

DT- Abry Jones

DT- Chris Jones

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

TE- Levine Toilolo

TE- Nick Kasa

OL- Jeff Baca

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My Final Board:

Rd 1

CB- DJ Hayden

DT- Jesse Williams

DT- Sylvester Williams

DE-Bjoern Werner

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

DL- Datone Jones

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

CB- Desmond Trufant

Rd 1-2

S- Matt Elam

S- Jon Cyprien

WR- Keenan Allen

DT- John Hankins

CB- Jamar Taylor

Rd 2

WR- Stedman Bailey

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Johnthan Banks

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Robert Woods

WR- Quinton Patton

DT- John Jenkins

DL- Margus Hunt

Rd 2-3

WR- Markus Wheaton

S- DJ Swearinger

S- Shamarko Thomas

CB- Jordan Poyer

LB- Kiko Alonso

Rd 3

WR- Ryan Swope

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

CB Kayvon Webster

CB- Sanders Commings

CB- Dwayne Gratz

OL- Barrett Jones

C/OG- Brian Schwenke

WR- Chris Harper

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

LB- AJ Klein

Rd 4-7

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

S- Josh Evans

S- Keelan Johnson

S- Cooper Taylor

WR- Josh Boyce

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

OG- Jeff Baca

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

DE/OLB- David Bass

RB- Spencer Ware

DE/OLB- Joe Kruger

DL- Quinton Dial

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

OL- Tanner Hawkinson

RB- Chris Thompson

WR- Sam McGuffie

WR- TJ Moe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

I think BB  takes OL Barrett Jones / Alabama in the 2nd round and WR Da'Rick Rodgers in the 3rd. The first will have to see it- play out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!

Right back at you! 

Thanks again for your tireless work on this thread and to both the regular contributors as well as those who just stop by. 

I like you latest mock...is this your final? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

• Plays all 3 layers
    • Run blocks

yep my first pref too

add c johsnon in rd 7 (at least) come away with 2 big outside wrs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

• Plays all 3 layers
    • Run blocks

Agree Eng. he actually finished in the top 5 at the combine in several events . 

If pot smoking on several occasions is his only off the field concern, I could see bb taking this kid. 

Question is, I don't think he lasts to the end of round 3. Some other teams probably feel the same way about him, so we would need to strike early here. 

I see 4 potential targets at WR from the middle of the 2nd to the beginning of round 3 the pats could target....bailey, Patton, Williams, Rogers...I am placing my bet its one of them in that range.

rogers in 2nd rd

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Draft Day is here, and I would like to once again thank all of the regulars on this board for all of the thoughts and analysis throughout the season on all of these prospects.  I don't really have much time to watch film or do much research of my own, so I get most of my knowledge and insight about the draft right here.  Much appreciated!  With that being said, the best-case "realistic" scenario for me is if we draft Datone Jones at 29.  I still think it's a bit of a long-shot that he makes it to us, but I really think he is a special player with a unique skill-set.  I'm sure he would develop into a terrific compliment to Chandler.  However, I think that Jones will most likely be gone, and I will maintain that Margus Hunt is our most likely selection.  This draft is filled with "solid" prospects, but lacking in "blue-chip" prospects, so I think this would be a great year for BB to take a gamble on a guy like Hunt who is on the raw side, but has a tremendous upside if he can develop.

hey wazzu,

datone was on e of 5 id be happy wiht wiht pick 1. be ok wiht hunt too.

werner, carradine, okafor, hunt, d jones

rd 2 rogers (backup dobson, t wil, hunter, woods)

rd 3 cb or speed lb, safety, o line, dt

rd 7 johnson

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

I hope the pats take CB- DJ Hayden In the first round ..  i think he is the best CB in the draft....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Take a look at OSU CB Bradley Roby (Jersey #1) as well... Top 10 upside, IMO... was hoping he'd declare this year as a RS Soph.

Man, it was so frustrating, I could not post last night.

Thanks. I will watch out for him next season. 

In return, I recommend you watch Anthony Steen, Alabama's RG. Went under the radar because of Bama's bigger names. However, I just watched the SEC CG again this morning, and he jumped out at me. 

I believe Georgia was the toughest D that Bama faced. Jenkins was a cog in that D. Steen was the guy who pretty much slowed down Jenkins (playing DE pretty much the whole game) by himself, while Jones was busy with Geathers (@ NT). Kouandijo will probably go high next year. Steen would be good value in the middle rounds.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Man, it was so frustrating, I could not post last night.

Thanks. I will watch out for him next season. 

In return, I recommend you watch Anthony Steen, Alabama's RG. Went under the radar because of Bama's bigger names. However, I just watched the SEC CG again this morning, and he jumped out at me. 

I believe Georgia was the toughest D that Bama faced. Jenkins was a cog in that D. Steen was the guy who pretty much slowed down Jenkins (playing DE pretty much the whole game) by himself, while Jones was busy with Geathers (@ NT). Kouandijo will probably go high next year. Steen would be good value in the middle rounds.

Thanks man, I'll check him out more!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!

Right back at you! 

Thanks again for your tireless work on this thread and to both the regular contributors as well as those who just stop by. 

I like you latest mock...is this your final? 

Yessir, that's my final version.

Happy to contribute, same to you and the rest of the folks that make this thread a success!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Hey Guys, have come here every night for about the last four years, several months before the draft, to get familiar with the names, positions, best players, so that by the night of the draft, I can evaluate for myself how I think the Pats have done.  Thanks to all of you, I seldom if ever post, but I appreciate all the work and insight you regulars offer, and I really feel well informed for tonight.  Thank you and have fun!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

CaptFoxboro - great post and I have a question for you and the others on the thread -

Is there any player in this draft that is worth moving up for, trading future picks for, etc...ala Atlanta and Julio Jones, which in my opinion, has helped them. 

Ziggy Ansah? Could be Vernon Gholston. 

Star Lutuleilei? Help for Vince, replace Vince

Wide Receiver - no Megatron or Megatron-lite (Jones) - Tavon Austin?

Offensive Lineman - never

This kind of shows how "boring" this draft is - in my humble opinion.

I love this kid Ansah - to me he is a strong, athletic kid that has boat loads of potential. I really can't see him being a bust - I think he is going to help some team right away.

yeah mthurl, did you read all my posts on him when he was a 2nd to a late first rd projection? shot up too hihg and i stooped being intersted (impractical)

Bred, and everyone here...

Try reading the first 15 pages of this thread again. Interesting conversations. Great to see how  perspectives evolved on some players, and stayed stable on others.

Jordan and Ansah were spotted early. Even top prospects for 2014 - Clowney, Tuitt, etc.

One of most interesting was Ramekap's comment on Amendola and Welker (page 9 I think).