***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Teams must be scared of the red flags around Da'Rick Rogers. I would never have expected him to fall into the 5th round, even with the concerns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Teams must be scared of the red flags around Da'Rick Rogers. I would never have expected him to fall into the 5th round, even with the concerns.

No doubt... def a casualty of his own behavior and the relative depth at the position in this class.  He's another kid where the value should outweigh the risk pretty soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

And Jesse is a Seahawk...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Good for Marcus Lattimore... great situation/opportunity for him in SF!  I'm rooting for the kid.

severral teams have so much talent and added so much they seem light years ahead of the rest of the league including sf.

when are we going to get another chaance at a guy like carradine? i fcolins is an all pro and helpos us win a sb, ill be happy. otherwise very disappointed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

cant believe we didnt pull off a mallet for 4, 5, 6 overnight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

And Jesse is a Seahawk...

like i jsu tsaid above (about sf)

light years ahead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

No doubt... def a casualty of his own behavior and the relative depth at the position in this class.  He's another kid where the value should outweigh the risk pretty soon.

I'll be shocked if he falls into the 6th round. I also noticed Ryan Swope is still on the board. Any reason for the fall? I thought he was a projected 3rd/early 4th round guy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

We'll know soon what we do in Round 4 but had we stayed put we could of had our choice of the following at our assigned spots:

29: Patterson, Elam, Ogletree, Cyprien, Hunter, Ertz, Carradine, Woods

59: Dobson, Lacy, Alford, Warford, Mathieu, Terrance Williams, John Jenkins

91:  Bailey, Montgomery, Gooden, etc.

I think I would have preferred any combination of the above 3 players vs. the 4 we took. 

I'd rather have taken Elam or Cyprien over both the DBs we took.

We could of had a big nasty guard or DT or the top rated RB instead of Dobson.

And we could of had the next Deion Branch in Bailey instead of Harmon.

hey faucet,

will have to see, almost dont mind making a play. but who we've come away with? if they produce and we win a sb, fine.

for me, carradine, a player like dobson, if hes going to take 2 defenders on every play and loosen up the defense (he was 3rd wr on my list - had him in 3rd rd-ish) and if no good cbs were available going to a diff position...bailey for sure had value there (make you forget about welker), montgomery or dt or ol.

yeah id have been happy with that kind of 3 pairing.

when will we have another shot at a top 5-10 de pass rusher? unless collins is an all pro AND  we win a sb, im not going to live this passing on tank c down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

No thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Boyce a great pick there.  Very exciting getting 2 talented WRs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

I'll be shocked if he falls into the 6th round. I also noticed Ryan Swope is still on the board. Any reason for the fall? I thought he was a projected 3rd/early 4th round guy?

diud we pick up a 6th. will bb make a play for a 6th rder?

shocked, shocked he didnt pcik up a 5 and 6th overnight somehow.

he loves his picks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

No thanks.

mallet wont play. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Boyce a great pick there.  Very exciting getting 2 talented WRs. 

not seen anythign on him. will have to in future

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

No thanks.

mallet wont play. 

We're all hoping he doesn't have too, but I'm still not trading him for at this point for three Day 3 picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree...mallet is worth more than 4,5,6.

good call on Boyce MB...I like him, but again, thought Patton was rated higher. 

How do you think Boyce fit in? Seems like he is primarily a slot receiver. he plays the slot with Jones, Dobson the X and Danny the Y/X?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

How do you think Boyce fit in? Seems like he is primarily a slot receiver. he plays the slot with Jones, Dobson the X and Danny the Y/X?

Yeah, Patton was consistently rated as the better prospect... woulda loved to have him, but happy with Boyce.

Looks like a versatile kid that can lineup inside or out... prob gonna see him and Danny moved around a lot (assuming he's able to get on the field this season)... could be ideal in the slot though, yeah.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Boyce seems more like a X to me with Dobson being slightly slower more like the Z flanker role. Imo they are pretty happy with slot being Amendola, Edelman, Ebert, Hern and were looking for more outside goes that can beat press. Boyce speed/size combo should help himm get off the line cleanly and Dobson is a big red zone threat with his leaping ability and body control

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB I know you have a general idea of where the Patriots go in round seven as we don't have a 5th or 6th round pick. Am I on the same page as you,here are my choices Josh Boyd DT Mississippi ST. or Okoye Dt from England I think, a QB because BB likes to take one,and the best availible athelete if they keep the last one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The 12 Players that I'd most like to see at 102 or early in Rd 4 if they trade back a bit:

DT- Jesse Williams

DT- Chris Jones

WR- Quinton Patton

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Da'Rick Rogers

WR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Schwenke

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

Bang!

Very good speed/triangle #'s... tough kid, not tall, but solid build.  Good pick.

5'11 and 3/8 not a midget 206 lbs repped 225 22 times at combine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Makes sense...I didn't do any research on Boyce prior to the draft but have since he was picked...google him or youtube him and all you get is 31, 45,57,65,91, etc TD Catches plus punt returns for TDs. He has big play ability and what I really like about him, same as Dobson, is that he has great hands plus is one tough dude.

so we got. 6'3" guy to play outside with the best hands in college football and who runs a 4.42

and, a 6' kid who is built like a TE, with soft hands who runs a 4.38....

TB should be very excited!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

In response to braunzy's comment:

For what it's worth... DraftNasty.com... a site started/run by former NFL Player Corey Chavous and his father, former NFL player and coach (for 28 total years with the Broncos) Barney Chavous ranked Jamie Collins as their #18 overall prospect and Logan Ryan as their #49 overall prospect... they also had Dobson at #99 overall and Harmon as a 5th rounder.

They watch 3-5 full games on any player prior to providing a grade.

Collins sounds very interesting,  almost like a poor man's Von Miller. DE, 3-4 OLB, Safety, 4-3 OLB, is explosive and obviously very versatile. I think he will immediately help the Pats 3rd down defense. Hopefully he pans out.

With the 2 Rutger picks the Pats all of a sudden have a lot of depth in their secondary.  

On a side note, I think everyone needs to back off about the Rutger safety, i mean how many times are these "experts" totally off the mark anyway.  And it's not like they took him with their first round pick anyway, they got a guy they believe they can develop in the third round. I'm happy they trusted their instincts, scouts and sources and not some draft website or youtube video to make their selection.

I'm okay with a little nepotism but at least draft the player in reasonable proximity to where the rest of the world has him rated.  CBS had him as their 413th rated prospect.  I bet we could of had him with any of our 7th rounders and taken Steadman Bailey instead who most of us were very high on.

As for Collins, yeah, he could be something - better than Ninkovich in time.  Dobson is a worthwhile gamble.  But the pair of Rutgers' DBs, I can see taking one of them (Ryan) but we didn't need to draft two DBs high.  There isn't a place for both on our roster without cutting someone who is better.  Our history of drafting 2-3 round DBs has been horrible in recent years.  If we want to take a long shot on someone, do it with late round picks where we've had some success not in the early rounds.  I'm sorry but Harmon was a wasted pick at the place we took him just like Wilson was last year.  Our biggest need is WR and instead we doubled down on DBs.

True. This is why I think one of 2 things happen

1. Bb cuts ebner...I think he holds on to Gregory, but honestly,ni wouldn't mind Gregory getting let go

2. Ebner or Huron go to the ps. Weird though that a pick 91 would or may be a ps player

Yeah.  We will keep 10 DBs on the 53 max.  We currently stand at 12 with the new guys.

1. Talib
    2. McCourty
    3. Dennard
    4. Arrington
    5. Gregory
    6. Dowling
    7. A. Wilson
    8. T. Wilson
    9. Cole
    10. Ebner

Two from the above have to go.  I can't see BB cutting a brand new 3rd round pick regardless of how bad he may look.  If we look at his past drafting bad 2-3 rounders, he always gave them a year or two; Butler, Brace, Crable, Price, Wheatley, etc.  Cole is gone for sure.  Then I would say it is between Ebner and Adrian Wilson if he appears like he's lost it.  Dowling would also be considered as a cut if he so much as cuts himself shaving in camp which would be yet another wasted high 2nd round pick joining the recently departed Chung, that we had to trade back to get.

We could try to sneak the new UDFA-worthy safety on the PS as probably nobody would take him.  Does Ebner have PS eligibility or did he appear in too many games?  I don't remember the rule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

not surprising that over on drafttracker Duron had the lowest grade of anyone in the first three rounds...a 50.3. There were 11 players drafted in the same 3rd round that had grades in the 80's.

I'm giving the over/under for games Duron is activated at 6. Of course that would be more than fellow 2012 3rd rounder Bequette.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

One of the things that gets me the most excited about what we've done at WR (in both FA and the draft)...is just that we are getting young at the position again. We have seen guys like Branch, Lloyd, and Ocho out there. Lloyd was decent, Branch was good in '10 and ok in 11 (stunk last year), and Ocho stunk. 

We pick up DA and Donald Jones in FA. Then we add Dobson and Boyce through the draft. It will be nice to see the young guys out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The 12 Players that I'd most like to see at 102 or early in Rd 4 if they trade back a bit:

DT- Jesse Williams

DT- Chris Jones

WR- Quinton Patton

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Da'Rick Rogers

WR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Schwenke

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

Bang!

Very good speed/triangle #'s... tough kid, not tall, but solid build.  Good pick.

Yeah, now this pick I liked.  I feel like we have two big, tough and fast edge players.  Bye, bye Michael Jenkins.  Actually hang around through camp to mentor the rooks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The way I read it faucet is that ebner is PSveligible IF he wasn't activated for more than 9 games given he has 1 year on an ndfl roster ....I think this is correct .

i think the cuts will be between cole and dowling. Like you said, if dowling can't suit up, he may be a casualty..at least cole has st value.

i am not a big fan of ebner. Although I could see bb keeping him in some capacity.