***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

MB, they signed Moe as a UDFA. I'm actually pretty excited about that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

The draft is over what am I going to do tomorrow? Frown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

start looking at the 2014 recruits of course lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Faucetman's comment:

I certainly like the Rutgers LB better than the safety.  I think he was a solid pick for where they took him. 

Interesting draft, a bit surprising but not really.  We took 2 LBs, 2 DBs, 1 DE, and 2 WRs.  No big bodies on either side of the ball.  I wasn't too surprised we didn't draft DT but I thought we might add an interior OL type.  Taking the 2 WRs were a no brainer and I like that we got some edge guys with size and speed.  But let's talk about the D side of the ball. 

Second draft in a row that we went heavy on defense.  Last year we drafted 1 LB, 3 DBs, 2 DEs and 1 WR.  So two years in a row focusing on the exact same 4 positions!!  Guess that tells us BB still isn't happy with those groups. 

Man, I can't believe all the DBs we've picked and blown through since Asante Samuel left.

2008:  Wheatley (2nd), Wilhite (4th)

2009:  Chung (2nd), Butler (2nd)

2010:  McCourty (1st)

2011:  Dowling (2nd), Williams (7th)

2012:  Wilson (2nd), Ebner (6th), Dennard (7th)

2013: Ryan (3rd), Harmon (3rd)

That's 12 DBs in a 6 year span!!  The sad thing is many of these picks never should of happened.  Wheatley and Dowling were well known to be injury prone.  Wilson and Ryan were drafted way ahead of where they were rated and one or both could have been had as UDFAs. 

If it makes you feel better I didn't think we needed an OL but we needed a DT so neither of us was right lol

Oh BB signed a Rutgers CB in UDFA (Brandon Jones) so currently we have 4 Rutgers secondary members, 1 LB, and 1 DL. We are quickly turning into Rutgers North. I have to wonder though why their former coach didn't target any of them in the draft

... because they aren't any good, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVClFZzL5Ck

These are most likely only the positive plays he was invloved with but it sure makes him(Beauharnais, Steve) look good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

havent read the new posts yet. just finished with work.

noticed at the gym today that pats got m buchannon.

nice risk reward there. havent seen him against top talent, but wht i did see he looked more relentles than chandelr jones.

hes got a big act to clean up tho.

i dont get the inside linebacker.

i do get bb places a premium on having players he gets along with, sees eye to ey with, is comfortable with. if he can win another suber bowl drafting "good guys" then thats even better. i think id lean a little more towrd talent and try and get good guys as mcuh as possible (for elite players and for our jags).

i see that rutgers is now patriots jv :)

hope it pasn out.

i also note with the buchannon thing that bb doesnt often go questionable chrasacter at wr (roges, charles johnson), but is willing to do so at de.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

I certainly like the Rutgers LB better than the safety.  I think he was a solid pick for where they took him. 

Interesting draft, a bit surprising but not really.  We took 2 LBs, 2 DBs, 1 DE, and 2 WRs.  No big bodies on either side of the ball.  I wasn't too surprised we didn't draft DT but I thought we might add an interior OL type.  Taking the 2 WRs were a no brainer and I like that we got some edge guys with size and speed.  But let's talk about the D side of the ball. 

Second draft in a row that we went heavy on defense.  Last year we drafted 1 LB, 3 DBs, 2 DEs and 1 WR.  So two years in a row focusing on the exact same 4 positions!!  Guess that tells us BB still isn't happy with those groups. 

Man, I can't believe all the DBs we've picked and blown through since Asante Samuel left.

That's 12 DBs in a 6 year span!!  The sad thing is many of these picks never should of happened.  Wheatley and Dowling were well known to be injury prone.  Wilson and Ryan were drafted way ahead of where they were rated and one or both could have been had as UDFAs. 

If it makes you feel better I didn't think we needed an OL but we needed a DT so neither of us was right lol

Oh BB signed a Rutgers CB in UDFA (Brandon Jones) so currently we have 4 Rutgers secondary members, 1 LB, and 1 DL. We are quickly turning into Rutgers North. I have to wonder though why their former coach didn't target any of them in the draft

... because they aren't any good, lol.

:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

if yorue a pats draftnik, start learnign everythign you can about the rutgers football program and players :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

was it mb that saw him as the new indestructo welker?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

hear you on the cbs.

and devin no longer is one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Alright now for the next phase...Who do you want targeted as a udfa? I hope QB Lalich and Da'Rick Rogers come in. Any others you guys want?

rogers and charles johnson (if hes still avail.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

New England Patriots 2014 1st round pick....

Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman 6-6 220

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPTLZ3Tdc

ho wmany drops? 40 time?

plus if we can get rogers or johnsoon this year for nothihg udf id try that first

thanks ricky

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

One has to think that Greg Shiano will be BB's successor in NE with the premium that they place on Rutger's kids.

interestign thought. seriously though its bb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Wow Kiper and McShay love this kid. Best tackling ILB in the draft according to them

sounds like he could make spikes expendable. both are 2 down LB's and coverage liabilities.

exaclty  what came to mind

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Rutger should change their name to the Scarlet Patriots. 

new england patriots jv

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

In the 7th round not much to worry about in character, in fact that where you would take a chance on a kid.

if it is just character , to a degree, I would say true. However if it's motivation or he is a flat out dumbo it really is a wasted pick.

well ehs got violations and events to spare including recently

if hes as relentles as he was on teh tape i saw, hire a babysitter and win a sb

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

2 new LBs in camp.  I doubt they keep Spikes around when his contract is up.

seems logical and obvious

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

File this under pure conjecture, but BB wouldn't pick 3 guys from Rutgers with 2 already there for no reason...It makes you wonder what was going on with them last year that BB feels the need to fill the team with a bunch of guys that know each other very well and can communicate easily....something was amiss last year, the last 2 years...maybe that was it...guys not really fitting in making bad decisions at the wrong times...BB hates that

The chatter I was hearing is that Rutgers kids are in a more pro type system with pro work habits on and off the field, so the potential is their for them to acclimate to the NFL quicker... we'll see if that holds true with any of these kids.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Haha, I'm gonna check him out now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow... I'm pretty excited about that too... was high on him as a Rd 7 option due to his Welker like qualities... tough, good short area kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

You and me both!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

was it mb that saw him as the new indestructo welker?

Yeah, def saw him as a great fit for what they like in their slot WR's... has  Welker's toughness... well no one's as tough as Welker, but Moe is a tough kid and also has very good short area quicks as evident by his 6.53 3C.. which was one of the top times, if not the top time for any player at the combine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

Alright now for the next phase...Who do you want targeted as a udfa? I hope QB Lalich and Da'Rick Rogers come in. Any others you guys want?

rogers and charles johnson (if hes still avail.)

Johnson was drafted by Green Bay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

cmon folks we need 13 more posts to hit 5K before we abandon this thread !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow... he has some serious skill for a big man... really like his ball skills and he should be able to win most jump balls and/or be able to shield defenders away from his body, has some pretty quick feet for a big/tall WR which isn't that common, has some explosion out of his breaks and def deep speed/big play ability... deceptive deep speed as he's really able to seperate after that catch with those long strides.  Consider me highly impressed with my initial intro too him, thanks man.