***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

where the heck are all you guys.

mb, nix looked the part. he was a MAN today.

chip kelly has done a helluva job .

the magically touched irish season coninues....

told ya youd be in title game.

[/QUOTE]

Nix ("Irish Chocolate") as he likes to be called is def legit, yeah (big, power, athletic, physical, fights you on every snap)... personally, I hope  he comes back next year (he's only a RS Soph) as it would give them the best 1/2 DL punch in the country (teamed with manchild Stephon Tuitt).

[/QUOTE]

you understadn if id rather have him here vs there :)

did you see my post last week about the # player in the country out of hs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

So this may be the residue of hops and barley talking, but I think I've actually found a USC player that I'd love to see in Foxboro.  As some of you know, I tend to think that SC players are overrated and generally rate many if any highly on my boards, but there is one kid that's caught my attention.

While this class projects as a down year for WR's, IMO, there is one kid that really looks impressive to me, Robert Woods (6-1 190) has a very good combo of things that BB has historically put a lot of value in when drafting WR's:  1.  Kid very, very good straight-lined speed (prob in the low 4.4 or better range) and 2.  He has good RAC ability, creating constently after the catch.  I also really like his hands... kid runs crisp routes, and understands how to get open, whether tempoing his routes, using double moves or finding soft spots in zone... he's also adept at working to seperate when the QB is flushed from the pocket.

IF NE were to target a WR on Day 1 or early Day 2, I hope Woods is the name that's called.

[/QUOTE]

incidentally who do you want to face. a lot of people think georgia woudl not be a good matchup for nd. gerogia has a more potent offense, while they both have good defenses, esp lately. i think florida is the most deserving sec team. got a preference?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

personally i think the bill would have to be stupid to let him go, however who knows their cap situation signing mario williams and mark anderson according to http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2013.php they have 105 million of their 2013 salary cap used up on 45 players.  therefore they have roughly 17 million to spend on 8 players.  sadly plenty of money to spend on Byrd. 

If we want to poach players, the jets would be much easier being they are in cap hell.  Way too much money to their top 10 players.  However the only player i want from them is mangold, but no way do they let him go with the cap hit they would have to take, plus he is signed till 2017

[/QUOTE]

hey nate, good stuff. went to bed the other night and this thought (not necessarily rational) of trading mallet to jets for wiolkerson popped into my head. if brady goes down we go nowhere. is mallet the heir to brady. i dont know many who would say so. the game does nto "slow down" for him. and brady has at least 2 excellent years left. so you figure maybe even 4 on his slow desdent.  

i know its the jets, but id gues they are rady  to dump, adn if we get some legit dline help, come playoffs it may be enough to get over the hump. 

what do you think. think wilkerson is good enough? hes coming on and is top 5 rated by pff against the run as well.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather get mangold if i could choose.  mangold is just a classy guy, doesn't really get into the talking trash, lets his play do the talking, a BB kind of guy.  however that being said, I would not want to help the jets and trade away our insurance policy being that after mallett we don't have a QB.  Plus i really don't see wilkerson as a dominate D-lineman.  I mean look at the jets, someone has to get those tackles.  otherwise a team would just run all over them, oh wait we did that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So this may be the residue of hops and barley talking, but I think I've actually found a USC player that I'd love to see in Foxboro.  As some of you know, I tend to think that SC players are overrated and generally rate many if any highly on my boards, but there is one kid that's caught my attention.

While this class projects as a down year for WR's, IMO, there is one kid that really looks impressive to me, Robert Woods (6-1 190) has a very good combo of things that BB has historically put a lot of value in when drafting WR's:  1.  Kid very, very good straight-lined speed (prob in the low 4.4 or better range) and 2.  He has good RAC ability, creating constently after the catch.  I also really like his hands... kid runs crisp routes, and understands how to get open, whether tempoing his routes, using double moves or finding soft spots in zone... he's also adept at working to seperate when the QB is flushed from the pocket.

IF NE were to target a WR on Day 1 or early Day 2, I hope Woods is the name that's called.

[/QUOTE]

incidentally who do you want to face. a lot of people think georgia woudl not be a good matchup for nd. gerogia has a more potent offense, while they both have good defenses, esp lately. i think florida is the most deserving sec team. got a preference?

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a preference really, bring on the either Georgia or Alabama.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

FSU DE/OLB Tank Carradine suffered a torn ACL in their loss to FLA on Sat... tough break for the kid as he was prob gonna come off the board inside of the Top 50.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/26/season-for-fsus-leading-tackler-ends-prematurely-with-acl-tear/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

FSU DE/OLB Tank Carradine suffered a torn ACL in their loss to FLA on Sat... tough break for the kid as he was prob gonna come off the board inside of the Top 50.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/26/season-for-fsus-leading-tackler-ends-prematurely-with-acl-tear/

[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks! That RDE position for FSU is cursed this year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

personally i think the bill would have to be stupid to let him go, however who knows their cap situation signing mario williams and mark anderson according to http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2013.php they have 105 million of their 2013 salary cap used up on 45 players.  therefore they have roughly 17 million to spend on 8 players.  sadly plenty of money to spend on Byrd. 

If we want to poach players, the jets would be much easier being they are in cap hell.  Way too much money to their top 10 players.  However the only player i want from them is mangold, but no way do they let him go with the cap hit they would have to take, plus he is signed till 2017

[/QUOTE]

hey nate, good stuff. went to bed the other night and this thought (not necessarily rational) of trading mallet to jets for wiolkerson popped into my head. if brady goes down we go nowhere. is mallet the heir to brady. i dont know many who would say so. the game does nto "slow down" for him. and brady has at least 2 excellent years left. so you figure maybe even 4 on his slow desdent.  

i know its the jets, but id gues they are rady  to dump, adn if we get some legit dline help, come playoffs it may be enough to get over the hump. 

what do you think. think wilkerson is good enough? hes coming on and is top 5 rated by pff against the run as well.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather get mangold if i could choose.  mangold is just a classy guy, doesn't really get into the talking trash, lets his play do the talking, a BB kind of guy.  however that being said, I would not want to help the jets and trade away our insurance policy being that after mallett we don't have a QB.  Plus i really don't see wilkerson as a dominate D-lineman.  I mean look at the jets, someone has to get those tackles.  otherwise a team would just run all over them, oh wait we did that. 

[/QUOTE]

+1 Mangold is a good character

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

where the heck are all you guys.

mb, nix looked the part. he was a MAN today.

chip kelly has done a helluva job .

the magically touched irish season coninues....

told ya youd be in title game.

[/QUOTE]

Nix ("Irish Chocolate") as he likes to be called is def legit, yeah (big, power, athletic, physical, fights you on every snap)... personally, I hope  he comes back next year (he's only a RS Soph) as it would give them the best 1/2 DL punch in the country (teamed with manchild Stephon Tuitt).

[/QUOTE]

+1 He played a good game against Khaled Holmes who is rated by some as the top C coming out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i hear ya. jets in a postion to move forward to next year. on qb, we could pick up any of the roaming carousel. it wouldnt affect our chances for a sb. mallet wouldnt be the difference if brady went down . i dont suspect it woudl ever happen, but if bb doesnt see mallet as teh pats future #1 in 3-5 years its worth trading for a helpful chip now for this years sb and next few runs. nothing to lose but missed opprtunites to win sbs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

here ya go mb, heres a discussion about the line of thinking (that i think most have) that georgia would be a tougher play for notre dame as might a and m, and lsu. the one catch is georgia is not that well coached and often loses big games.

about the 12th minute

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8680292

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

here ya go mb, heres a discussion about the line of thinking (that i think most have) that georgia would be a tougher play for notre dame as might a and m, and lsu. the one catch is georgia is not that well coached and often loses big games.

about the 12th minute

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I'm prob not gonna listen to it... as far as the SEC matchups go, I'm not sure why people think that teams are just gonna start scoring on ND's defense when no one has really been able to do it all season. 

My opinion remains unchanged... ND may not win the NC, but they can compete against any team in America (SEC or not) and the game will be close.

Best case scenario for me is they play Alabama, beat Alabama... the listen to ND haters try and make excuses as to why ND is not better, nor do they belong on the field against SEC competition.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

about the 12th minute

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I'm prob not gonna listen to it... as far as the SEC matchups go, I'm not sure why people think that teams are just gonna start scoring on ND's defense when no one has really been able to do it all season. 

My opinion remains unchanged... ND may not win the NC, but they can compete against any team in America and the game will be close.

[/QUOTE]

hey mb, not tryin to change an opinon. its a discussion...about whats happening in college football.... like we do here in the pros with a pats focus. it doesnt matter what team im talking about.. hope youre havin a good day!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

about the 12th minute

[/QUOTE]

My opinion remains unchanged... ND may not win the NC, but they can compete against any team in America and the game will be close.

[/QUOTE]

hey mb, not tryin to change an opinon. its a discussion...about whats happening in college football.... like we do here in the pros with a pats focus. it doesnt matter what team im talking about.. hope youre havin a good day!

[/QUOTE]

No biggie, I just find myself debating ND no matter where I go and generally the only thing people can bring to the table is "SEC blah blah blah"... kinda burned out on the topic.

Bottom line, ND has the speed, size and skill to matchup with any team in the country and are more than proven against a tough schedule.  The problem is, most people only care about how many points a team scores on a week to week basis (Oregon can do it), but like to completely ignore teams that can flat out, shut teams down (how many did USC hang on Oregon), unless they're SEC defenses... ND doesn't need to score 50 if they only give up 10.     Thanks buddy, you too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

about the 12th minute

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No biggie, I just find myself debating ND no matter where I go and generally the only thing people can bring to the table is "SEC blah blah blah"... kinda burned out on the topic.

Bottom line, ND has the speed, size and skill to matchup with any team in the country and are more than proven against a tough schedule.  The problem is, most people only care about how many points a team scores on a week to week basis (Oregon can do it), but like to completely ignore teams that can flat out, shut teams down (how many did USC hang on Oregon), unless they're SEC defenses... ND doesn't need to score 50 if they only give up 10.     Thanks buddy, you too.

[/QUOTE]

yes, their defense is akin to an sec defense. defe backfield maybe not as much

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Mb  who do you feel did the better job Meyer or Obrien?  Agreed that the perfect season merits the prize alone but Penn State probably had a real tough time recruiting    More with less, or the buckeye job was much better?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

about the 12th minute

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think their secondary has been very good, one of the best tackling units that I've seen... very little YAC... they're also tied with Alabama and LSU with 5.7 YPA given up (10th nationally), Florida is a 5.4 YPA... and have only surrendered (7) passing TD's which ranks them 5th nationally (Florida is 2nd with 5, Alabama is 3rd with 6, LSU is 23rd with 13).  They also rank 14th in INT's with (16) which is tied with Alabama (Bama has 79 less attempts against, though that also benefits ND's YPA with 79 more attempts against) ... Florida has (19) and LSU (18).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

about the 12th minute

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think their secondary has been very good, one of the best tackling units that I've seen... very little YAC... they're also tied with Alabama and LSU with 5.7 YPA given up (10th nationally), Florida is a 5.4 YPA... and have only surrendered (7) passing TD's which ranks them 5th nationally (Florida is 2nd with 5, Alabama is 3rd with 6, LSU is 23rd with 13).  They also rank 14th in INT's with (16) which is tied with Alabama (Bama has 79 less attempts against, though that also benefits ND's YPA with 79 more attempts against) ... Florida has (19) and LSU (18).

[/QUOTE]

good stuff

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

crazy idea; trade whatever necessary to get the (predicted) #1 pick the year you guess manziel will come out (end junior year id guess). imagine if there was any way (save losing 16 games) to get that pick?

(fantasy what if)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

now to more serious thougths, 

every team knows by now, you have to have a qb to contend in the league;

fancy the chances that several qbs rise ane are taken in the 1st rd befoe this draft goes down. 

further addign to the possibility, look at how well one qb considered to be a majhor rach where he was taken is beginning to impress (ryan tannehill)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

watchig ne, where is the discussion on position priority in the draft.

especailly for those who havent weighed in or who have flexed their positions, or anyone else who wants to.

whats looking like 1st priority in draft, 2nd, 3rd?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

crazy idea; trade whatever necessary to get the (predicted) #1 pick the year you guess manziel will come out (end junior year id guess). imagine if there was any way (save losing 16 games) to get that pick?

(fantasy what if)

[/QUOTE]

Not an unprecedented type move at it could be similar to what the Redskins did to acquire Robert Griffin III... however it would need to be more of a wait and see approach as 1.  You need to target once he's declared and 2.  He'll need to be playing at the the same or higher level.

He'll be draft eligible as a RS Soph after next season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

watchig ne, where is the discussion on position priority in the draft.

especailly for those who havent weighed in or who have flexed their positions, or anyone else who wants to.

whats looking like 1st priority in draft, 2nd, 3rd?

[/QUOTE]

Defense and OL is where I'm still leaning.  I don't have a clear cut ranking of positions of need, though I'd prob start with DL, DB, OLB/DE, OL... best available at any of those positions. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

If not Manziel, how about Mariota? Kid has experience running the no-huddle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If not Manziel, how about Mariota? Kid has experience running the no-huddle.

[/QUOTE]

And he too is a RS freshman that will be draft eligible after next season... def a wait and see approach on those two kids.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Big 32 Board Stack updated 11/27 on post #1.