***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lattimore to declare for the draft... could provide potential value for some team.  I'm rooting for this kid:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/report-marcus-lattimore-taking-his-talents-to-the-nfl/

[/QUOTE]

i knew he would. hes gotta get a contract before he gets another knee injury

[/QUOTE]

Curious to see if a team will take a high round risk on him, similar to McGahee back in 2003.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lattimore to declare for the draft... could provide potential value for some team.  I'm rooting for this kid:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/report-marcus-lattimore-taking-his-talents-to-the-nfl/

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Curious to see if a team will take a high round risk on him, similar to McGahee back in 2003.

[/QUOTE]

he would be a great UDFA pick up for us!  won't be in in 2013 but 2014 when woodhead/bolden might be gone could be good to have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he would be a great UDFA pick up for us!  won't be in in 2013 but 2014 when woodhead/bolden might be gone could be good to have.

[/QUOTE]

i was wonderign the same thing about a 7th for him nate. but i read where and here where hes projected in the 3rd rd

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

does anyone have any info on CB Darqueze Dennard-Michigan State? Is he related to alfonzo dennard? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

got nothin nate.

cbs new mock, have us lsoing in afc title game to denver, really?

brugler still has us taking austiin with ansah on the board. no way.

rang gives us jones

new walter mock still give austin at #30 (jones at 31)

i will be pissed if the giants get ansah!

nfls future now has werner 2, jordan 3, ansah 12. that would suck.

would you go banks cb in rd 1? 

id sign talib. stick with the big boys with the first 3 (1 de, 2 dt and 3 c/g)

n.e.pats austin in 1 with wiliams on the board, frederick rd 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

saw somewhere online that per sources ertz leaning toward returning..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thoughts on phillip thomas most int's, runner up for thorpe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here are my thoughts on Thomas from 12/3, in response to a post from pumpsiefan:

Phillip Thomas has had quite the statistical year (8 INT's / 12 TFL).  What stands out to me on tape is his movement ability... looks very fluid and will close../get to the LOS in a hurry... also like his size.  He flashes some very good ability as a tackler, particularly when asked to set the edge and has some good stack/shed abilty, though he needs to wrap up more consistently and can take some poor angles, but overall, looks like a very good NFL S prospect.  Might be a kid that I add to the Big 32 Board as a Day 2 kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I really think that BB could trade down, however if there is one player I trade up to get it is Star Lutuali (sp). With essentially two Wilforks you could bookend Jones with my sister and she'd get 5-8 sacks. PLenty of decent players could be there at our spot that could be high 2nds (Williams, Barret Jones, Xiaver Rhodes etc....).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really think that BB could trade down, however if there is one player I trade up to get it is Star Lutuali (sp). With essentially two Wilforks you could bookend Jones with my sister and she'd get 5-8 sacks. PLenty of decent players could be there at our spot that could be high 2nds (Williams, Barret Jones, Xiaver Rhodes etc....).

[/QUOTE]

What stands out most to me with Lotulelei is burst off the snap; kid looks like he's been shot out of a cannon.  He also has an awesome combo of power & athleticism,  shows very good quicks and lateral movement from a player his size, has a very good motor, plays with good pad level/leverage and he's generally too much for a single OL to handle as he's simply able to bull rush the player back into the pocket.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree MB on Star. No way he gets out of the top ten unless some foolish teams trade up for QBs or the ever elusive shutdown CB (some one like Banks). Same with Manti. Really glad that neither the Ravens or Steelers will have a shot at him unless they trade up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here are my thoughts on Thomas from 12/3, in response to a post from pumpsiefan:

Phillip Thomas has had quite the statistical year (8 INT's / 12 TFL).  What stands out to me on tape is his movement ability... looks very fluid and will close../get to the LOS in a hurry... also like his size.  He flashes some very good ability as a tackler, particularly when asked to set the edge and has some good stack/shed abilty, though he needs to wrap up more consistently and can take some poor angles, but overall, looks like a very good NFL S prospect.  Might be a kid that I add to the Big 32 Board as a Day 2 kid.

[/QUOTE]

thanks mb!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"With essentially two Wilforks you could bookend Jones with my sister and she'd get 5-8 sacks."

priceless and funny as hell hanna.

been on record form beginning this year of trading up to get a monster dt, and de. and c/g who can dominate.

thing is ive seen star as a top 5 pick in most mocks. you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Agree MB on Star. No way he gets out of the top ten unless some foolish teams trade up for QBs or the ever elusive shutdown CB (some one like Banks). Same with Manti. Really glad that neither the Ravens or Steelers will have a shot at him unless they trade up.

[/QUOTE]

totally concur on that latter point!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats run D has been good this year (which is what happens when Fork destroys linemen and the LBs stay healthy).

The reason I like Rhodes is that I like big corners that can play great bump and run. Question is do the Pats need an upgrade if Talib leaves? Or do they pay Talib and look for positional value elsewhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

The Pats run D has been good this year (which is what happens when Fork destroys linemen and the LBs stay healthy).

The reason I like Rhodes is that I like big corners that can play great bump and run. Question is do the Pats need an upgrade if Talib leaves? Or do they pay Talib and look for positional value elsewhere.

[/QUOTE]

I LOVE THE BUMP AND RUn. how many db picks do we use though. damn so many ove rrecetn years. and we never pick the right one.

so i say get the bigguns.

sign talib, fa safety if we get one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What stands out most to me with Lotulelei is burst off the snap; kid looks like he's been shot out of a cannon.  He also has an awesome combo of power & athleticism,  shows very good quicks and lateral movement from a player his size, has a very good motor, plays with good pad level/leverage and he's generally too much for a single OL to handle as he's simply able to bull rush the player back into the pocket.   

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!

Also, he does not stop playing... the type of DL who pursues a RB sidleine to sideline to make the play. To me that says a lot about mindset.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

ESPN has KC taking Star at #1 overall.

I agree with John on NWE trading down. I just can't figure out who would give up a 2014 first and a 2013 early second. If at all, it might be a 2014 first and a 2013 third.

BTW, what the hell does the value chart look like now that there's a rookie salary cap?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

You can remove Bama QB AJ McCarron from your wish list this year... he's returning to Tuscaloosa:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8741250/aj-mccarron-alabama-crimson-tide-return-senior-year-put-nfl-draft

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

will soon be time to start making a list of 29-30 players to never mention or look at again as they will never make it to the Pats at the bottom of round one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

will soon be time to start making a list of 29-30 players to never mention or look at again as they will never make it to the Pats at the bottom of round one.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome back... I've started that process as well (i.e. Dion Jordan)... should have my updated Big 32 Board posted soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Prefer the post bowl games (Shrine and Senior) before the list is out, but I like the posts you guys put up. Quality stuff and not of that "No your offensive philosophy is meaningless" rhetorical sophistry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

:)

hey low,

welcome back

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ESPN has KC taking Star at #1 overall.

I agree with John on NWE trading down. I just can't figure out who would give up a 2014 first and a 2013 early second. If at all, it might be a 2014 first and a 2013 third.

BTW, what the hell does the value chart look like now that there's a rookie salary cap?

[/QUOTE]

hey seattle and john,

trade down, how many mid and low round players does this team need whne you look at it.

its alrady as young as it needs to be. needs experience. tradign up for 3 studs is teh only thing that will actaully make a difference in making this team as good as it can be for the next 2-3 years while the difference makeers are at their prime.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

College Football Fans Dream and Enjoy This! Final 12 playoff Played Out.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/start_discussion/100/1390

Less important than the fun of the whole thing (year in and year out),  i have lsu and bama as the 2 best teams this year (eye test, record aside) with the possible exception of texas a and m (florida is deserving, but doesnt have much of an offense this year). still with a playoff like this, no one gets cheated out of what they deserve. ncaa tournament times 10 in fun, fan interest, and money if those school presidents werent so fearful and corrupted.