***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WKentucky DE Quanterus Smith is also a kid i like in the 3rd round if he could add a little more weight by the time the combine rolls around. 6'5 250lb at the moment. destroyed Alabama's LT DJ Fluker (2-3 round prospect in 2013) for 3 sacks and a forced fumble, also had 3 stops against the run. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY

[/QUOTE]

He's an intriguing kid that could be a value pick for some team as he did tear his ACL in November, I believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

DE John Simon Ohio State round 2-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPAWU1Oc1iw

non-stop motor 

[/QUOTE]

I too like Simon, love the kids motor... could be the first to come to Foxboro via the Urban/Vrabel OSU pipeline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Mele Kalikimaka!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

non-stop motor 

[/QUOTE]

Yes... I like the kid.

I have only one Ohio St recording on the DVR. I have the game against Wisconsin. I viewed it to see Hankins and Shazier. Hankins I was disppointed. Shazier I thought was good. The kis whom I thought really shined in that game was Simon.

Definitely a high motor guy. Looks like a guy with better agility than the C Jones or Nink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

WKentucky DE Quanterus Smith is also a kid i like in the 3rd round if he could add a little more weight by the time the combine rolls around. 6'5 250lb at the moment. destroyed Alabama's LT DJ Fluker (2-3 round prospect in 2013) for 3 sacks and a forced fumble, also had 3 stops against the run. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY

[/QUOTE]

Probably will be available on day 3

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

does NE have enough cap room going into next season to sign wes, vollmer, talib, woodhead, edelman and say osi umenyiora?

[/QUOTE]

35 mil i believe

[/QUOTE]

I would say yes to Welker.  He will be tagged.  He's worth the $11.4MM price tag which is far less than the amount he'd get on the open market.  The Pats have about $35MM in cap space.  They should have enough to resign all those guys.  I don't think they will make a big splash in free agency, they seldom do.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

non-stop motor 

[/QUOTE]

Yes... I like the kid.

I have only one Ohio St recording on the DVR. I have the game against Wisconsin. I viewed it to see Hankins and Shazier. Hankins I was disppointed. Shazier I thought was good. The kis whom I thought really shined in that game was Simon.

Definitely a high motor guy. Looks like a guy with better agility than the C Jones or Nink

[/QUOTE]

heard his  name havent seen hi. better agility than jones i like. strength?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

"strength?"

Senior fullback Zach Boren is like most players: he grabs 50-pound dumbbells and cranks out as many reps as he can.

Then Boren looks over at fellow senior, defensive end John Simon.

Simon, who has the 80-pound dumbbells, is blowing through reps at a furious rate and shows no signs of stopping.

œJohn will give out a big yell, call us some names and pull out the 80's and start rubbing it in our faces, Boren said.

Even among a group of elite Division I athletes, the hulking senior defensive lineman stands out.

That has always been the narrative when it comes to Simon. He has developed a reputation for being one of, if not the strongest, players in the Big Ten, a conference known for strength above all else.

Perhaps the only thing more freakish than Simon's strength though, is the work ethic he has used to accomplish it.

http://www.thelantern.com/sports/no-rest-for-ohio-state-s-john-simon-even-on-christmas-1.2889559#.UNo972_pen8

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't have the length of a lot of the potential edge players in this class (though his height/weight is similar to Nink), but def has a lot of the characteristics that BB values (motor, strength, off field prep, etc.)... hope to see him do LB drills at the combine.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

"Urban Meyer says he is the hardest worker he has ever coached (including tebow). He doesn't take any days off, he even works out on christmas. apparently his father is a workout freak and instilled the same ethic to his son. " 

ricky,

i like his style.....thats the way i roll too.

"i hope BB takes one of simon/hunt/ansah in round 1" 

till i see anything on simon and or change my mind, i want jordan or ansah in rd 1 (pass rush and o line desperate need)

thanks for all the info ricky

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Tyrann Mathieu breaks into rd 3 as i expected and posted (in walter footballs new mock).

someone's gonna gamble in rd 2-3 id think

walter says baltimore will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

new nfl draft tyler has hunt already up to rd 1 to pats.

at this rate (the way pass rushers have risen on everyone's board) we may be lucky to land hunt or okafor at the bottom of round 1 (for pass rushers)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

bredbru- What's the status of Brian Waters & how does it affect the Pats draft?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Cornellius Carradine FL St 6'5 265lb

STRENGTHS

Carradine flashes explosion off the snap to challenge the lateral agility of right tackles, and can swipe them away with strong hands to slingshot into the pocket. He also plays with the leverage of a shorter player, brings a strong initial punch to bull lesser tackles off the ball, and simply shoves tight ends away like ragdolls in the run game. There’s certainly no issue with his motor, as he will hustle to the sideline if the play can be made.

WEAKNESSES

Though Carradine shows most all of the physical attributes teams covet in a defensive end, his lack of experience is a negative. And if he isn’t on the field for any extended period of time in 2012, it might be tough for scouts to give him a starter’s grade because they don’t know what his level of stamina against better competition.

NFL COMPARISON

Justin Tuck

BOTTOM LINE

On most other defenses, Carradine would have started as a first-year junior college transfer but Bjoern Werner and Brandon Jenkins limited his snaps in 2011. Still, he flashed real athleticism and strength (38 tackles, eight for loss, 5.5 sacks) when given the chance last season, portending great things for his professional career (and a corresponding early-round draft slot), even if used as a reserve again in 2012.http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/cornellius-carradine?id=2539224

80 tackles, 13 TFL, 11 sacks, 9 hurries, 1 FF in 2012.

[/QUOTE]

Another potential value option due to his injury... kid has a ton of size/length/athleticism.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't have the length of a lot of the potential edge players in this class (though his height/weight is similar to Nink), but def has a lot of the characteristics that BB values (motor, strength, off field prep, etc.)... hope to see him do LB drills at the combine.

[/QUOTE]

i hope he doesn't do LB drills because that will mean he is getting drafted by a team other than NE unless BB decides to switch back to the 3-4 after this season.

His lack of length will be what makes him available in the 2nd and maybe 3rd round. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he's a Top 64 kid and think there's a chance he could be on the board when NE selects towards to back end of Rd 2.  Would be a solid pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dw,

The below article provides some clarification of his current situation as well as some insight into his potential future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/brian-waters-negotiated-a-return-to-patriots-but-cant-return-now/

A couple of key points:

1.  Looks like NE came to an agreement to bring Waters back, however it missed the deadline to " take players off the reserve/did not report list".

2.  He might retire.

I don't see the status of Waters (who'll be 36 ) as a big factor in how they address the 2013 draft.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    dwhite,
    we lost him this year have no rights beyond

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    dwhite,
    we lost him this year have no rights beyond

[/QUOTE]

if he didn't show up for the entire seasn don't we still have one more year of his rights?