***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

your guy okafor had a big time bowl game. i don't know what it is, but i just can't come to liking the idea of taking him in the 1st. 

[/QUOTE]

i definitely do not think he'll be there for the pats's second pick. he's too conssitent of a pass rusher for that and he provides more than pass rush. actually, i thought he's improved his moves from earlier this year.

[/QUOTE]

your not liking him in the first... is it because he looks smaller than 6-4, 265 on tv (at least to me)? for some reason, he does not look as big as c jones. maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Some news on PE's boy...

Per ESPN Rumor Central:

UPDATE: Wisconsin lineman Travis Frederick is still considering his NFL draft options. An ex-Wisconsin staff member told ESPN Rumor Central, "I think he will (declare for the draft)."

Wisconsin has been able to seamlessly replace top talents leaving for the NFL in recent years, and it appears new head coach Gary Andersen will have to repeat the operation.

---

Wisconsin's offensive line has been an assembly line of talent to the NFL in recent years. The best of this year's bunch of big uglies is junior center Travis Frederick. And Frederick is strongly considering entering April's NFL Draft as an underclassman.

"Hearing Travis Frederick/OL/Wisconsin waiting till after bowl game on draft decision. Speculation from those close is he enters," Tony Pauline of SportsIllustrated.com tweeted.

The decision could be hastened by Wisconsin's recent coaching change. If he does decide to leave Madison for the NFL, freshman Dan Voltz will be expected to replace Frederick at the pivot.

[/QUOTE]

mb and others, what makes folks here and elsewhere think frederick will make it to the pats at the end of the 3rd round, as opposed to the 2nd?

[/QUOTE]

bred, you've been mentioning Frederick to NE in Rd 3, frequently... I don't know where he'll go at this point, will probably have a better projection on him once I'm able to watch some tape.  It's prob a fair assumption that he'll go somewhere on Day 2, but I still need to study him first.

[/QUOTE]

thanks mb, ive seen him mocked on the thread and in prof mocks in 3rd rd, inlcuding several having him to pats in 3rd. have not seen him play, nor is o line my speciality. the descripion of him sounds pretty good, makes me have a little fdoubb that he lasts till late in 3rd rd.

[/QUOTE]

The Belk Bowl is on at 6:30, Cincy vs. Duke, on ESPN... good chance to check out Duke WR Conner Vernon (6-1 200).  Looks like the prototype NE WR... good size, catches the ball well, solid route runner, good speed/quicks/RAC ability, good production at Duke (ACC career leader in receiving yards).  Check him out... prob a Rd 4-5 kid at this point.

[/QUOTE]

oes he play on the outside? any separation?

[/QUOTE]

Versatile kid that plays inside and out at Duke... also looks good returning punts.  Uses his speed/quicks/route running to seperate, yes.

[/QUOTE]

mb, did yo see vernon?

what did you see in him?

i was working.

[/QUOTE]

Vernon (10-119-1) looked good, got open, caught the football, made some guys miss, looked more consistent as a blocker... really like this kid as a mid-late round option.

[/QUOTE]

i would not mind having the kid on the team. bowl game was the first i saw him. did not look ultrfast, but has the moves to get separation. a nasty jab step being one of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyone mention Margus Hunt, DE out of SMU yet?  I went back a few pages and didn't see him talked about.  He had a monster game in the Hawaii Bowl.  Red Shirt Senior from Estona, great size, 6-7, 280 with an 82 inch wing span.  He forced two fumbles and had a safety causing sack.  He might be an excellent book end with Chandler Jones.    CBS Sports named him the #1 Freak in College Football.

[/QUOTE]

yeah i have been all over hunt since the beginning of the season.  Dude is a beast and would look great opposite  of chandler jones.

[/QUOTE]

Any chance he's around at the bottom of round 1?  CBS has him at #112 which can't be right.

[/QUOTE]

he'll probably be a very successful pass rusher in the nfl. he's going to get bigger and stronger too.

however, i'd be curious to see if bb would take interest in him. i did not see him in coverage. that makes him more of a 43 de. that said, hunt does not seem interested in engaging against the run. 

caveat: my assessment was based solely on their bowl game - the only smu game i've seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

2013 NFL draft

1st round – Louis Nix*, DT, Notre Dame or Bennie Logan, DT, LSU

2nd Round – Trade down into an extra 3rd and 5th round picks
    3rd Round - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU (2-3 round)
    3rd round (from trade)- 
    Daniel McCullers*, DT, Tennessee

4th round (probable compensatory pick for BJGE and anderson) - Tyrann Mathieu*, CB/S, LSU

5th round (from trade) - Graham Pocic, C, Illinois

7th round - Braden Hansen, G, BYU
    7th Round - Ron Powell*, OLB, Florida  or Jake stoneburner, TE, OSU

UDFA-Zach Boren, FB, Ohio State (also plays ILB)

Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico

Marcus Lattimore*, RB, South Carolina

[/QUOTE]

i do not think hunt will be thre in the third. if he goes to the combine, his stock will shoot up. he's the type who will do really well in all the drills.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

your guy okafor had a big time bowl game. i don't know what it is, but i just can't come to liking the idea of taking him in the 1st. 

[/QUOTE]

i definitely do not think he'll be there for the pats's second pick. he's too conssitent of a pass rusher for that and he provides more than pass rush. actually, i thought he's improved his moves from earlier this year.

[/QUOTE]

your not liking him in the first... is it because he looks smaller than 6-4, 265 on tv (at least to me)? for some reason, he does not look as big as c jones. maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

[/QUOTE]

He's just not the dynamic athlete like Jordan or Ansah, etc.  If 100% healthy, I'd prob have Tank Carradine as the highest rated edge rusher on my board (assuming Jordan/Ansah are not within range).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Some news on PE's boy...

Per ESPN Rumor Central:

UPDATE: Wisconsin lineman Travis Frederick is still considering his NFL draft options. An ex-Wisconsin staff member told ESPN Rumor Central, "I think he will (declare for the draft)."

Wisconsin has been able to seamlessly replace top talents leaving for the NFL in recent years, and it appears new head coach Gary Andersen will have to repeat the operation.

---

Wisconsin's offensive line has been an assembly line of talent to the NFL in recent years. The best of this year's bunch of big uglies is junior center Travis Frederick. And Frederick is strongly considering entering April's NFL Draft as an underclassman.

"Hearing Travis Frederick/OL/Wisconsin waiting till after bowl game on draft decision. Speculation from those close is he enters," Tony Pauline of SportsIllustrated.com tweeted.

The decision could be hastened by Wisconsin's recent coaching change. If he does decide to leave Madison for the NFL, freshman Dan Voltz will be expected to replace Frederick at the pivot.

[/QUOTE]

mb and others, what makes folks here and elsewhere think frederick will make it to the pats at the end of the 3rd round, as opposed to the 2nd?

[/QUOTE]

bred, you've been mentioning Frederick to NE in Rd 3, frequently... I don't know where he'll go at this point, will probably have a better projection on him once I'm able to watch some tape.  It's prob a fair assumption that he'll go somewhere on Day 2, but I still need to study him first.

[/QUOTE]

thanks mb, ive seen him mocked on the thread and in prof mocks in 3rd rd, inlcuding several having him to pats in 3rd. have not seen him play, nor is o line my speciality. the descripion of him sounds pretty good, makes me have a little fdoubb that he lasts till late in 3rd rd.

[/QUOTE]

The Belk Bowl is on at 6:30, Cincy vs. Duke, on ESPN... good chance to check out Duke WR Conner Vernon (6-1 200).  Looks like the prototype NE WR... good size, catches the ball well, solid route runner, good speed/quicks/RAC ability, good production at Duke (ACC career leader in receiving yards).  Check him out... prob a Rd 4-5 kid at this point.

[/QUOTE]

oes he play on the outside? any separation?

[/QUOTE]

Versatile kid that plays inside and out at Duke... also looks good returning punts.  Uses his speed/quicks/route running to seperate, yes.

[/QUOTE]

mb, did yo see vernon?

what did you see in him?

i was working.

[/QUOTE]

Vernon (10-119-1) looked good, got open, caught the football, made some guys miss, looked more consistent as a blocker... really like this kid as a mid-late round option.

[/QUOTE]

i would not mind having the kid on the team. bowl game was the first i saw him. did not look ultrfast, but has the moves to get separation. a nasty jab step being one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Cutcliffe says he'll run 4.4, but even if he doesn't, he's a good fit for what BB usually values in a WR for the reasons you mention... quick/fluid/good COD/RAC ability.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah me neither.

whos guy okafor?

(hes on the bottom of the barrell or how far id go to get some pass pressure. i sort of aband9oned that for a fa pass rusher for now.

[/QUOTE]

MB has him included in his 1st round options. i've read good things about him. he plays a lot of OLB, but is best when playing 4-3 DE. 

i agree on the need for a pass rusher. i think nink would be most valuable as a utility guy swinging from DE to LB at only 6-2 260lbs. IMO NE should go after Osi and also draft a guy to start later down the road.

[/QUOTE]

+1 if ansah is there, otherwise i like xavier rhodes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Below is my updated Big 32 Board, I'll updated again after Jan 15th, which I believe is the deadline for players to declare for the draft:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

OG- Jonathan Cooper

*S- Matt Elam

DT- Sylvester Williams

OL- Barrett Jones

Rd 1-2

CB- Jordan Poyer

WR- Tavon Austin

WR- Robert Woods

S- Kenny Vaccaro  

Rd 2

DE/OLB- Margus Hunt

OL- Travis Frederick

*CB- Logan Ryan

OT- Lane Johnson

OT- Oday Aboushi

OLB/DE- Brandon Jenkins

Rd 2-3

*OLB/DE- Trent Murphy

LB- Shayne Skov

S- Phillip Thomas

DT- Daniel McCullers

CB- Blidi-Wreh Wilson  

Rd 3

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

WR- Ryan Swope

CB- Micah Hyde

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore  

Rd 4-6

S- Zeke Motta

WR- Conner Vernon

DE/OLB- Quanterus Smith

TE- Travis Kelce

Rd 7

DL- Quinton Dial

WR Chad Bumphis

WR TJ Moe

S- John Boyett

*Denotes Underclassmen

[/QUOTE]

hey Beaul: getting close to the Big Game!

gonna buy me a brand spanking new ND sweatshirt this week to be ready on 1/7

we're gonna do it brother-I can feel it!!

[/QUOTE]

Just bought a pretty sweet ND shirt about a month ago (below is the link, looks like they're sold out), can't wait to rock it on Jan 7th, GO IRISH!

http://yahoosports.teamfanshop.com/catalog/product/adidas_Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_Sideline_Long_Sleeve_Performance_T-Shirt_-_Green

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Was watching a lot of tape today and wanted to bring a new name into the discussion that I feel would be very high on BB/NC's board if he declares.

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby (5-11 190) is only a RS Soph, but this kid looks like a very, very good prospect already.

What stood out to me most were his elite ball skills... whether in zone or man, he always seems to be attacking the football in the air, as evident by his 19 PD/17 PBU this season.  He puts himself in good position to make plays down the field and shows solid awareness/closing ability in zone.  Good physicality for his size (5-11 190), more than willing in run support, attacks the LOS and limits YAC well... also gives a solid effort in pursuit and has value on ST.  Overall, he looks to be a solid fit for what BB looks for in a CB prospect... good speed/quicks, good awarenes, scheme diverse and tackles well... plus the Urban/Vrabel connection would have pleny of influence.  If he declares, I could see him as a Top 50 kid with legit Rd 1 upside, who would be at or near the top of my CB/Draft Board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyone mention Margus Hunt, DE out of SMU yet?  I went back a few pages and didn't see him talked about.  He had a monster game in the Hawaii Bowl.  Red Shirt Senior from Estona, great size, 6-7, 280 with an 82 inch wing span.  He forced two fumbles and had a safety causing sack.  He might be an excellent book end with Chandler Jones.    CBS Sports named him the #1 Freak in College Football.

[/QUOTE]

yeah i have been all over hunt since the beginning of the season.  Dude is a beast and would look great opposite  of chandler jones.

[/QUOTE]

nate ive been talking about him ever since. have you read my posts?

[/QUOTE]

Have to say after today's game, I think we are pretty well stocked on the D line with a lot of young talent.  Deaderick looked good, Francis was amazing.  Of course with Jones, Vince and Love, we may pass on the DL altogether. 

I still think we are weak at SS and could perhaps use a faster MLB.  If we get Talib back I think he and Dennard could be the answer with McCourty moving to FS and hopefully Dowling being in the mix.

Today, my priorities would be SS, MLB then something on offense, a WR perhaps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Have to say after today's game, I think we are pretty well stocked on the D line with a lot of young talent.  Deaderick looked good, Francis was amazing.  Of course with Jones, Vince and Love, we may pass on the DL altogether. 

I still think we are weak at SS and could perhaps use a faster MLB.  If we get Talib back I think he and Dennard could be the answer with McCourty moving to FS and hopefully Dowling being in the mix.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey faucet, hard to find where your reply was since it was not at bottom.

i agree with the safety need, but i say we get one of tghe top safetyies avail in fa.

in my mind we still need pass rusher opp jones. if we have a front who can pass rush wihtout blitzing we are much better.

agree about need for a faster lb and wr.

so i try to get safety, pass rusher and maybe even lb in free agency

if get pass rusher, i like a big tough cb a la seattle seahawks (rhodes).

one of the top big wrs in 2nd

and c/g (frederick) in 3rd.

i move up wiht 2013 picks if need be for players we need for those roles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Was watching a lot of tape today and wanted to bring a new name into the discussion that I feel would be very high on BB/NC's board if he declares.

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby (5-11 190) is only a RS Soph, but this kid looks like a very, very good prospect already.

What stood out to me most were his elite ball skills... whether in zone or man, he always seems to be attacking the football in the air, as evident by his 19 PD/17 PBU this season.  He puts himself in good position to make plays down the field and shows solid awareness/closing ability in zone.  Good physicality for his size (5-11 190), more than willing in run support, attacks the LOS and limits YAC well... also gives a solid effort in pursuit and has value on ST.  Overall, he looks to be a solid fit for what BB looks for in a CB prospect... good speed/quicks, good awarenes, scheme diverse and tackles well... plus the Urban/Vrabel connection would have pleny of influence.  If he declares, I could see him as a Top 50 kid with legit Rd 1 upside, who would be at or near the top of my CB/Draft Board.

[/QUOTE]

i think the league cbs need to get tall, big and strong while still being quick and fast. see sheerman/browner. give me rhodes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

saw another mock today had vaccaro to us in rd 1 , WHILE ANSAH ON TEH BOARD till teh next pick.

would you take vaccaro or ansah in rd 1.

i think bb needs to decide if he he goes safety in fa or draft. i need the picks in draft to get teh big tough corner rhodes in rd 1, teh outside wr in 2, and the g/c  in 3(gettgin fs, pass rusher and maybe speed lb in fa).

but if ansah is there at our pick i think i squeeze trigger.

if we need safety still in draft, i hope not, i think you can do that in rd 3 (due to priorities) taking rambo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

1st round pick should be S - Vaccaro - Texas.  Can can cover. plays in the box and hits 

like a truck.  Unless BB spends some of the 35mil on a safety.( Tom's cap number

Is around 20mil so a restructure could give anther 5-10mil).

Or Margus Hunt-this guy is a player who reminds me of JPP / Watt.     Him , Francis and Jones with Vince and Love and our DL would be set. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

To me if Barrett Jones isn't there the Pats trade down.  I don't think much slips that fit the Pats needs.  If the Pats can position themselves high in the 2nd round they can pick up some value and needs there.  Trading partners shouldn't be a problem as there will be new GMs wanting to make a splash for headlines.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me if Barrett Jones isn't there the Pats trade down.  I don't think much slips that fit the Pats needs.  If the Pats can position themselves high in the 2nd round they can pick up some value and needs there.  Trading partners shouldn't be a problem as there will be new GMs wanting to make a splash for headlines.

[/QUOTE]

gt,

My Rd 1 board is a bit longer (below), though I think a trade back into Rd 2 is certainly a possibility.

DT- Jesse Williams

OG- Jonathan Cooper

S- Matt Elam

DT- Sylvester Williams

OL- Barrett Jones

S- Kenny Vaccaro

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think the league cbs need to get tall, big and strong while still being quick and fast. see sheerman/browner. give me rhodes.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not opposed to Rhodes, have him on the cusp of the Big 32 board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BYU LB Kyle Van Noy to return for his senior season... would love to see this kid get upto 245+, awesome football player.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/kyle-van-noy-coming-back-to-byu-for-senior-season/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Rugters CB Logan Ryan will declare for the draft... like this kid a lot, currently the #2 CB on my Big 32 board.  Get's his hands on a ton of footballs (17 PBU / 21 PD this year, 13/16 last year) and I'd expect both NE and Tampa Bay to have interest in this kid.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/rutgers-cb-logan-ryan-answers-nfl-call/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Looks like Gator S Matt Elam is leaning towards declaring per his HS coach... best S in this draft, IMO.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/hs-coach-elam-leaving-gators-for-nfl/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree with the safety need, but i say we get one of tghe top safetyies avail in fa.

in my mind we still need pass rusher opp jones. if we have a front who can pass rush wihtout blitzing we are much better.

[/QUOTE]
    Hi Bredbru,

F/A is always a mystery when it comes to the Pats.  We seldom make a major splash.  The last one I recall was Thomas in '07.  We do however, find some undervalued gems from time to time. 

Specifically speaking team needs, I agree a stud DE opposite Jones would be nice, I just think we would be amazingly lucky to find one in our draft spot.  Keep in mind, Ninko had more sacks then Jones and he played well in terms of forced fumbles etc but I don't think he's a marquis player.  But we have a lot of DE options on the roster with Jones, Ninko, Cunningham, Francis, and Scott plus our interior pressure has been solid.  Our defense as a whole is improved up from #31 to #25.  But in terms of sacks we remain pretty poor ranked #27 with 27.  This should improve with Jones having a year under his belt, etc.  Again, if we can get a pass rusher at the bottom of the 1st, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

The weakness of our defense remains the secondary.  We still give up too many big plays.  When we were in man with Talib and Dennard, we seemed better than when in zone.  McCourty sure looks like he belongs at S and I think Chung is likely to walk.  This leaves Greggory, Wilson and the rugby player and none appear elite.  To Mb's point, if Elam comes out and is there, he would be an excellent addition.  What's the word on LSU's Eric Reid?  Is he rumored to be coming out?

Hard to argue about going after one of the big WRs in the 2nd and going interior OL in the 3rd if we get a S in the first.  But, it would not shock me to see BB take a TE if Eifert or Ertz come out and one is on the board.  Look at how much juggling BB did at the start of the season trying to find that #3 and #4 TE. 

We really don't have many holes and the ones we do have should get better with young players maturing.  With Gronk and Hern only being on the field 4-5 times together all season, a top notch TE isn't out of the question either given the emphasis we place on the position.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st round pick should be S - Vaccaro - Texas.  Can can cover. plays in the box and hits 

like a truck.  Unless BB spends some of the 35mil on a safety.( Tom's cap number

Is around 20mil so a restructure could give anther 5-10mil).

Or Margus Hunt-this guy is a player who reminds me of JPP / Watt.     Him , Francis and Jones with Vince and Love and our DL would be set. 

[/QUOTE]

hey looney,
    agree we need safety and pass rusher and  i prefer to try to get tehm in fa. get wr, c/g, big cb in draft

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not opposed to Rhodes, have him on the cusp of the Big 32 board.

[/QUOTE]

hear ya

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Hi Bredbru,

F/A is always a mystery when it comes to the Pats.  We seldom make a major splash.  The last one I recall was Thomas in '07.  We do however, find some undervalued gems from time to time. 

Specifically speaking team needs, I agree a stud DE opposite Jones would be nice, I just think we would be amazingly lucky to find one in our draft spot.  Keep in mind, Ninko had more sacks then Jones and he played well in terms of forced fumbles etc but I don't think he's a marquis player.  But we have a lot of DE options on the roster with Jones, Ninko, Cunningham, Francis, and Scott plus our interior pressure has been solid.  Our defense as a whole is improved up from #31 to #25.  But in terms of sacks we remain pretty poor ranked #27 with 27.  This should improve with Jones having a year under his belt, etc.  Again, if we can get a pass rusher at the bottom of the 1st, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

The weakness of our defense remains the secondary.  We still give up too many big plays.  When we were in man with Talib and Dennard, we seemed better than when in zone.  McCourty sure looks like he belongs at S and I think Chung is likely to walk.  This leaves Greggory, Wilson and the rugby player and none appear elite.  To Mb's point, if Elam comes out and is there, he would be an excellent addition.  What's the word on LSU's Eric Reid?  Is he rumored to be coming out?

Hard to argue about going after one of the big WRs in the 2nd and going interior OL in the 3rd if we get a S in the first.  But, it would not shock me to see BB take a TE if Eifert or Ertz come out and one is on the board.  Look at how much juggling BB did at the start of the season trying to find that #3 and #4 TE. 

We really don't have many holes and the ones we do have should get better with young players maturing.  With Gronk and Hern only being on the field 4-5 times together all season, a top notch TE isn't out of the question either given the emphasis we place on the position.

[/QUOTE]

hey faucet, in agreemtn on safety need and not likely ot get a pass rusher at bottom of first.

thats why i would like a safety and pass rusher in fa. 

if we didnt get that, i can see your scenario above. or maybe not doing the wr in 2nd. (safety cb, c/g or safety, de, c/g

if we do get safety and pass rusher in fa,

the big cb, big outside wr, and c/g is the focus.