***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Sorry for the interuption folks but I thought this thread was a proper place for my question about the Draft in general.

Could anyone explain the draft day, trades, exchanges, between Teams. How are these verified by the NFL in which in many cases little time is allotted for exchanges of picks. How is it certified as legal? Phone, Fax, an NFL witness ......???

I can only remember just one "slipup" where a team lost a pick position due to another teams vagrant foul of which they were accused. I Believe one team was Chicago Bears about 3 years ago.

Thanks for a great thread ...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i think kawann short's stcok dropped due to today's game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Based on the below mock, Rob Rang is the smartest draft analyst out there ;)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

[/QUOTE]

while i really like elam, i think NE would be making a mistake in not taking montomery in that situation. FS is set with mccourty and BB used a 2nd round pick on tavon wilson in 2012 in anticipation of chung leaving. he has had a solid rookie season and imo projects as next years starter at SS with gregory and ebner as the backups.

on the other hand, trevor scott will be a FA at the end of the season and nink only has one more year on his contract. montgomery is by no means a perfect prospect, but he has the physical tools, amazing motor, and the will to improve. i'd be surprised if he fell to the late 1st. 

[/QUOTE]

ricky, i too dotn see him lasting that long. we'll see

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i saw latter parts of orange, understand werner didnt have a sack, wasnt most impressive player on def when i was watching. interesting esp given many have him 1 or 2 in draft.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

my top 20 mock picks so far for teams who have a definite draft spot.

1. KC - OT Luke Joeckel

2. Jax - OLB Jarvis Jones

3. Oak - DT Star Lutolulelei

4. Phil - DE Bjoern Werner

5. Det - CB Dee Milliner

6. Cle - DE Damontre Moore

7. Ari - OT Taylor Lewan

8. Buf - OT Jake Matthews

9. NYJ - OLB Barkevious Mingo

10. Ten - ILB Manti Te'o

11. SD - OT Eric Fisher

12. Mia - DT Johnathan Hankins

13. TB - DT Sheldon Richardson

14. Car - OG Chance Warmack

15. NO - CB Johnthan Banks

16. Stl - TE Tyler Eifert

17. Pitt - DT Jesse Williams

18. Dal - QB Geno Smith

19. Nyg - CB Xavier Rhodes

20. Chi - OT Lane Johnson

[/QUOTE]

thanks for effort ricky. i dotn know if any team knows for sure what their pick would be now or ore than a week from draft day; but i love riffing on what pats could get using all possible mocks.

ps i think 3-4 qbs go in first, but im hoping for 5

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Ricky looks like this is the year of the OL based on your mock. As fot the Patriots I think we should start looking at mid round prospects. With limited picks again this year I expect BB to trade back several times to turn 4 picks into about 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ricky looks like this is the year of the OL based on your mock. As fot the Patriots I think we should start looking at mid round prospects. With limited picks again this year I expect BB to trade back several times to turn 4 picks into about 7.

[/QUOTE]

thoughts registered quag,

im on record to get 3 studs instead of 7 jags 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He guys took a ton of time off but I'm ready to get back into draft mode. I've been rewatching some games and have been thinking about position by position for the draft.

TE: Between Hern, Gronk, Houmanahufkearfd, Fells, Ballard one might not be around next year but we are set

T: Vollmer, Solder, Cannon though I like to add some more depth they have proven to be a very capable T core. Don't think they need to go early here

C: I've been impressed with Wendell this year. I don't think they need to go early but getting a C/G towards the middle of the draft might be a real possibility

S: I like the move of McCourty to FS and hope it's final. If it is it changes the needs completely. Chung is gone and with Gregory under a reasonable contract, Wilson a 2nd round pick, and Ebner making ST's plays I don't see S as being an issue moving forward

RB: Ridley and Vereen are clearly the tandom moving forward with Woodhead being Brady's 3rd down binky. Toss in Demps into the mix and that's a dangerous RB core moving forward

Now those are the positions I'm going to not visit for the first coupld days of picks but the area I'm forcing most on right now is the DL. Though the pass rush has improved I think there is still more work to be done. Francis has been a breath of fresh air and I think is going to be a great long term sub and 3rd down interior pass rusher. He also has the flexability to kick out to Nink's position incase of injury which leads me to think they might be happy with the outside rush of Jones and Nink. You than have Bequette and Francis as direct backups and you resign Scott, set at DE imo. But, that only works if you replace Love who's play has slipped to the point where Deadrick and Francis has played on rushing downs lately.

In this case I'm looking at 2 guys, my binky Jonathan Jenkins (who I really believe should be the pick even if we have to move up to the 20's to get him) and Kawaan Shorts (who's stock has taken a slight dip putting him in the 20's also). I honestly believe adding either of these guys will have the biggest impact on the draft for this team

I'm also looking at a coverage 3rd down LB. I'm going to wait until the combine since I haven't seen a ton of drop back LB's so far. One player I'm keeping an eye on though is Sean Porter or even the possibility of Wilson being converted to a SS/LB on passing downs

CB is obviously a need if Talib isn't resigned. Ras (if he can stay healthy) could be a good 3rd CB, I don't think Arrington is coming back (he will command more than the Pats will be willing to pay), Dennard looks like the real deal but who do you have after that? I'd like to find another CB even if Talib is resigned and I'd be looking in the 2nd for that guy or a guy who has fallen for off field issues (huge value pick). In this case the guys I don't see flying off of boards but pass the eye test are Leon McFadden, Micah Hyde (might drop a round for minor drinking arrest), and the player who might be the Dennard type of drop this year Tyrann Mathieu

WR might be a concern regardless if Welker is resigned or not. Either way I still want that 6'2"+ player who can get down the field or play intermediate. Hern might be that guy converting but pretending he isn't that guys I have my eye on are Jordan Matthews, Markus Wheaton (this guy is fast), and the guy I think BB would love Marcus Davis. Don't underestimate Davis. At 6'4" 230 he has sub 4.5 speed. He can play all 3 parts of the field and has deceptive speed. This is a guy I think BB could grow to love given his obvious match up issues with smaller CB's and given the lack of a real QB his low numbers don't reflect his real ability

Of course what Pats draft would be complete without a G/C combo? Though I like a couple of kids in the PS level and I think the G's did well this year it's always worth taking a look at some. One thing I'm looking for though is a road grader. Someone to come out and knock people on their butts with a strong running game. One thing has become clear is the Pats clearly like going to the left side on must need yards. They need to mix that up a little and clearly that needs to start at the RG position. Good thing is RG's you can get late in the draft and Scar clearly has the ability to coach them up. The one guy I see fitting this role well is Braden Hansen. I do think he's a little tall to play C and as a G he needs to gain some weight but he has high potential. I think a year under Scar and grooming and he could be a valiable flex option

So for me my ideal draft would be:

1st - Jonathan Jenkins DT/NT

2nd - Leon McFadden CB

3rd - Marcus Davis WR

Trade up 5th - Braden Hanson G/C

7th - Tyrann Matieu CB

With those additions I'd be a very happy camper and try to get a coverage LB via FA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thanks for effort ricky. i dotn know if any team knows for sure what their pick would be now or ore than a week from draft day; but i love riffing on what pats could get using all possible mocks.

[/QUOTE]

i don't see any of these 2013 QB prospects going in the top 10. mid 1st - mid 2nd rounds is when i feel the QB's will start going off the board and i too think there will be 4-6 taken in that area. i wouldn't be surprised to see BB trade his round 1 pick to a QB needy team and move back into the top of round 2 where NE's 2 biggest needs (DE, WR) have most value while also picking up an extra pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey Ricky, there are a large number of teams who need a QB this year and Alex Smith is the best of the lot available via trade or FA so it would not shock me in the least to see people reach. Look at the Sanchez draft for instance. There was zero way Sanchez should have gone in the top 25 nor Josh Freeman in the top 32 but teams were desperate. That year there weren't a lot of teams looking for QB's either. You can go year by year and see huge reaches just because teams need QB's and this year is helped out by a very weak FA class. I wouldn't be shocked to see 5 QB's go even though I only have 2 with 1st round grades and neither of them are top 25. If QB's were smart they'd come out this draft because of the weak FA market and weak QB class along with all the needy teams out there for QB's. Honestly go down the list and it's scary:

• Jet's - might go Smith but will look high
    • Buf - the owner allowed said he'll look for one and he telegraphes his picks 2 months in advance
    • Jax - Henne ROFL
    • TB - Freeman ain't cutting it
    • Bal - Flacco ROFL
    • Stl - Might be time to look at replacing Bradford given injures and lack of team performance 
    • Ari - need I say more?
    • Min - Ponder doesn't look like he gets it
    • Dal - time to give up on Romo
    • Oak - Palmer really?
    • SD - Rivers does what again?
    • KC - talk about a QB needy team

that's 12 teams that you could argue would be looking for a starting QB or at least a high end grooming prospect. Smith and Romo will find other teams. Was might trade away their backup but that still leaves 9 teams. Even if SD and TB decide to stick to their guys that's 7 teams. I can't name 7 QB's worth being picked in the first 2 rounds this draft. I expect to see 3 QB's in the first 20 and another traded up for in the later 1/4 of the 1st with the possibility of a 2nd team to trade up similar to what we saw last year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to like short, due to his size, upside and position, but the same things are written about him no matter what report I look at... we know he has very good talent and can make plays behind the LOS, but questions about his motor/effort/consistency show up everywhere you look.

I'd much rather UNC's Sylvester Williams inside the Top 64.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to like short, due to his size, upside and position, but the same things are written about him no matter what report I look at... we know he has very good talent and can make plays behind the LOS, but questions about his motor/effort/consistency show up everywhere you look.

[/QUOTE]

He was a different player I saw yesterday vs early in the season (vs ND I believe). Early in teh season, he was getting penetration - not the cheap ones (uncovered), but ones that he worked hard for using good explosion and technique. Did not see that yesterday. He was pretty much contained by a single OLman throughout the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He guys took a ton of time off but I'm ready to get back into draft mode. I've been rewatching some games and have been thinking about position by position for the draft.

TE: Between Hern, Gronk, Houmanahufkearfd, Fells, Ballard one might not be around next year but we are set

T: Vollmer, Solder, Cannon though I like to add some more depth they have proven to be a very capable T core. Don't think they need to go early here

C: I've been impressed with Wendell this year. I don't think they need to go early but getting a C/G towards the middle of the draft might be a real possibility

S: I like the move of McCourty to FS and hope it's final. If it is it changes the needs completely. Chung is gone and with Gregory under a reasonable contract, Wilson a 2nd round pick, and Ebner making ST's plays I don't see S as being an issue moving forward

RB: Ridley and Vereen are clearly the tandom moving forward with Woodhead being Brady's 3rd down binky. Toss in Demps into the mix and that's a dangerous RB core moving forward

Now those are the positions I'm going to not visit for the first coupld days of picks but the area I'm forcing most on right now is the DL. Though the pass rush has improved I think there is still more work to be done. Francis has been a breath of fresh air and I think is going to be a great long term sub and 3rd down interior pass rusher. He also has the flexability to kick out to Nink's position incase of injury which leads me to think they might be happy with the outside rush of Jones and Nink. You than have Bequette and Francis as direct backups and you resign Scott, set at DE imo. But, that only works if you replace Love who's play has slipped to the point where Deadrick and Francis has played on rushing downs lately.

In this case I'm looking at 2 guys, my binky Jonathan Jenkins (who I really believe should be the pick even if we have to move up to the 20's to get him) and Kawaan Shorts (who's stock has taken a slight dip putting him in the 20's also). I honestly believe adding either of these guys will have the biggest impact on the draft for this team

I'm also looking at a coverage 3rd down LB. I'm going to wait until the combine since I haven't seen a ton of drop back LB's so far. One player I'm keeping an eye on though is Sean Porter or even the possibility of Wilson being converted to a SS/LB on passing downs

CB is obviously a need if Talib isn't resigned. Ras (if he can stay healthy) could be a good 3rd CB, I don't think Arrington is coming back (he will command more than the Pats will be willing to pay), Dennard looks like the real deal but who do you have after that? I'd like to find another CB even if Talib is resigned and I'd be looking in the 2nd for that guy or a guy who has fallen for off field issues (huge value pick). In this case the guys I don't see flying off of boards but pass the eye test are Leon McFadden, Micah Hyde (might drop a round for minor drinking arrest), and the player who might be the Dennard type of drop this year Tyrann Mathieu

WR might be a concern regardless if Welker is resigned or not. Either way I still want that 6'2"+ player who can get down the field or play intermediate. Hern might be that guy converting but pretending he isn't that guys I have my eye on are Jordan Matthews, Markus Wheaton (this guy is fast), and the guy I think BB would love Marcus Davis. Don't underestimate Davis. At 6'4" 230 he has sub 4.5 speed. He can play all 3 parts of the field and has deceptive speed. This is a guy I think BB could grow to love given his obvious match up issues with smaller CB's and given the lack of a real QB his low numbers don't reflect his real ability

Of course what Pats draft would be complete without a G/C combo? Though I like a couple of kids in the PS level and I think the G's did well this year it's always worth taking a look at some. One thing I'm looking for though is a road grader. Someone to come out and knock people on their butts with a strong running game. One thing has become clear is the Pats clearly like going to the left side on must need yards. They need to mix that up a little and clearly that needs to start at the RG position. Good thing is RG's you can get late in the draft and Scar clearly has the ability to coach them up. The one guy I see fitting this role well is Braden Hansen. I do think he's a little tall to play C and as a G he needs to gain some weight but he has high potential. I think a year under Scar and grooming and he could be a valiable flex option

2nd - Leon McFadden CB

3rd - Marcus Davis WR

7th - Tyrann Matieu CB

With those additions I'd be a very happy camper and try to get a coverage LB via FA

[/QUOTE]

interesting eng, your needs outlined are nearly the same as mine (dt, cb, wr, g/c, pass coverage lb) except i have pass rushing de up top, and want a safety also in fa.

and your proposal was where i started as well, trading up for jenkins, mathieu late.

today im in a slightly different place (lowering dt need to nice, but not top priority , ie if i had more picks- im not good enough at this, knowledgeable enough about lower round picks nor do i like to risk nto taking the players at the top). more deails and reiterations later today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

2nd - Leon McFadden CB

3rd - Marcus Davis WR

7th - Tyrann Matieu CB

[/QUOTE]

Welcome back to the show, mang!

I could see them addressing in the later rounds (i.e. Cincy’s Travis Kelce, who looks like a solid inline player with some ball skills), but agree that with Ballard due to return next years, there really isn’t a need to address on Day 1, 2.  Not gonna lie, would live to see Eifert mixed into this offense… would be scary.

I’d agree.

I agree that Wendell has played well… OC isn’t a huge need, though a player that can play multiple positions on the interior def has value.

S: I like the move of McCourty to FS and hope it's final. If it is it changes the needs completely. Chung is gone and with Gregory under a reasonable contract, Wilson a 2nd round pick, and Ebner making ST's plays I don't see S as being an issue moving forward.

I’m not as optimistic on the current crop… believe a game changer at S (i.e Elam) would be a huge benefit.

Agree, all set at RB.

Jenkins I can get on board with but Short is a kid that seems to have too many questions around his motor/effort/consistency… for my money, I’d rather have UNC’s Sylvester Williams (6-3 320) on Day 1 or 2.

I'm also looking at a coverage 3rd down LB. I'm going to wait until the combine since I haven't seen a ton of drop back LB's so far. One player I'm keeping an eye on though is Sean Porter or even the possibility of Wilson being converted to a SS/LB on passing downs.

Porter looks like a good football player, but at 230 pounds is undersized for NE’s scheme and I don’t see them spending a day 2 pick on a situational player.

Def an area that could be addressed, below are the kids that I’m high on at this point:

Bradley Roby- Ohio State (if he declares)

Jordan Poyer- Oregon State

Xavier Rhodes- FSU

Logan Ryan- Rutgers

Micah Hyde- Iowa

Darius Slay- Miss St

Leon McFadden- SDSU

Melvin White- Louisiana Lafayette

I fr!gg!n love DeAndre Hopkins in this class, top WR on my board, good size (6-1 200), would be a great fit in NE’s offense… also like Robert Woods, Ryan Swope, Conner Vernon, etc… among others.

Your boy Travis Frederick is this kid… awesome power at the POA, annihilates 2nd level defenders and moves well in space for his size.

I also like Hansen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't see any of these 2013 QB prospects going in the top 10. mid 1st - mid 2nd rounds is when i feel the QB's will start going off the board and i too think there will be 4-6 taken in that area. i wouldn't be surprised to see BB trade his round 1 pick to a QB needy team and move back into the top of round 2 where NE's 2 biggest needs (DE, WR) have most value while also picking up an extra pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey Ricky, there are a large number of teams who need a QB this year and Alex Smith is the best of the lot available via trade or FA so it would not shock me in the least to see people reach. Look at the Sanchez draft for instance. There was zero way Sanchez should have gone in the top 25 nor Josh Freeman in the top 32 but teams were desperate. That year there weren't a lot of teams looking for QB's either. You can go year by year and see huge reaches just because teams need QB's and this year is helped out by a very weak FA class. I wouldn't be shocked to see 5 QB's go even though I only have 2 with 1st round grades and neither of them are top 25. If QB's were smart they'd come out this draft because of the weak FA market and weak QB class along with all the needy teams out there for QB's. Honestly go down the list and it's scary:

• Jet's - might go Smith but will look high
    • Buf - the owner allowed said he'll look for one and he telegraphes his picks 2 months in advance
    • Jax - Henne ROFL
    • TB - Freeman ain't cutting it
    • Bal - Flacco ROFL
    • Stl - Might be time to look at replacing Bradford given injures and lack of team performance 
    • Ari - need I say more?
    • Min - Ponder doesn't look like he gets it
    • Dal - time to give up on Romo
    • Oak - Palmer really?
    • SD - Rivers does what again?
    • KC - talk about a QB needy team

that's 12 teams that you could argue would be looking for a starting QB or at least a high end grooming prospect. Smith and Romo will find other teams. Was might trade away their backup but that still leaves 9 teams. Even if SD and TB decide to stick to their guys that's 7 teams. I can't name 7 QB's worth being picked in the first 2 rounds this draft. I expect to see 3 QB's in the first 20 and another traded up for in the later 1/4 of the 1st with the possibility of a 2nd team to trade up similar to what we saw last year

[/QUOTE]

thats about what i have 3-5 in rd 1 and outlined teams i thought would be looking

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was a different player I saw yesterday vs early in the season (vs ND I believe). Early in teh season, he was getting penetration - not the cheap ones (uncovered), but ones that he worked hard for using good explosion and technique. Did not see that yesterday. He was pretty much contained by a single OLman throughout the game.

[/QUOTE]

Sort of the confirms the negatives on him.  I think off all the potential on field red flags for a player, motor/effort issues are the ones that bother me the most.  If you quit or don't always try hard, I don't want you on my team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hearing that wms in rd 2 if a tackle is needed a better route

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2nd - Leon McFadden CB

3rd - Marcus Davis WR

7th - Tyrann Matieu CB

[/QUOTE]

I could see them addressing in the later rounds (i.e. Cincy’s Travis Kelce, who looks like a solid inline player with some ball skills), but agree that with Ballard due to return next years, there really isn’t a need to address on Day 1, 2.  Not gonna lie, would live to see Eifert mixed into this offense… would be scary.

I’d agree.

I agree that Wendell has played well… OC isn’t a huge need, though a player that can play multiple positions on the interior def has value.

S: I like the move of McCourty to FS and hope it's final. If it is it changes the needs completely. Chung is gone and with Gregory under a reasonable contract, Wilson a 2nd round pick, and Ebner making ST's plays I don't see S as being an issue moving forward.

I’m not as optimistic on the current crop… believe a game changer at S (i.e Elam) would be a huge benefit.

Agree, all set at RB.

Jenkins I can get on board with but Short is a kid that seems to have too many questions around his motor/effort/consistency… for my money, I’d rather have UNC’s Sylvester Williams (6-3 320) on Day 1 or 2.

I'm also looking at a coverage 3rd down LB. I'm going to wait until the combine since I haven't seen a ton of drop back LB's so far. One player I'm keeping an eye on though is Sean Porter or even the possibility of Wilson being converted to a SS/LB on passing downs.

Porter looks like a good football player, but at 230 pounds is undersized for NE’s scheme and I don’t see them spending a day 2 pick on a situational player.

Def an area that could be addressed, below are the kids that I’m high on at this point:

Xavier Rhodes- FSU

Logan Ryan- Rutgers

Micah Hyde- Iowa

Darius Slay- Miss St

Leon McFadden- SDSU

I fr!gg!n love DeAndre Hopkins in this class, top WR on my board, good size (6-1 200), would be a great fit in NE’s offense… also like Robert Woods, Ryan Swope, Conner Vernon, etc… among others.

Your boy Travis Frederick is this kid… awesome power at the POA, annihilates 2nd level defenders and moves well in space for his size.

I also like Hansen.

[/QUOTE]

" Not gonna lie, would live to see Eifert mixed into this offense… would be scary."

that was my comment to interest in him.

but how do you play them all? are we a constant 3 te set gronk, ballard and eifert.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2nd - Leon McFadden CB

3rd - Marcus Davis WR

7th - Tyrann Matieu CB

[/QUOTE]

I’d agree.

Agree, all set at RB.

Xavier Rhodes- FSU

Logan Ryan- Rutgers

Micah Hyde- Iowa

Darius Slay- Miss St

Leon McFadden- SDSU

I also think that UNC OG Jon Cooper will be an All-Pro or at least Pro-Bowler... would be a solid Rd 1 pick.

I also like Hansen.

[/QUOTE]

" Not gonna lie, would live to see Eifert mixed into this offense… would be scary."

but how do you play them all? are we a constant 3 te set gronk, ballard and eifert.

[/QUOTE]

Gronk and Eifert are flex players that can be utlized as big WR's, lining up outside or in the slot.  Don't think you'll see NE go this route with Ballard on his way back, but the thought is intriguing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2nd - Leon McFadden CB

3rd - Marcus Davis WR

7th - Tyrann Matieu CB

[/QUOTE]

I’d agree.

Agree, all set at RB.

Xavier Rhodes- FSU

Logan Ryan- Rutgers

Micah Hyde- Iowa

Darius Slay- Miss St

Leon McFadden- SDSU

I also think that UNC OG Jon Cooper will be an All-Pro or at least Pro-Bowler... would be a solid Rd 1 pick.

I also like Hansen.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gronk and Eifert are flex players that can be utlized as big WR's, lining up outside or in the slot.  Don't think you'll see NE go this route with Ballard on his way back, but the thought is intriguing.

[/QUOTE]

the riches would be cartoonish........ :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Was pretty much expected, but FSU CB Xavier Rhodes will declare for the draft:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/second-seminole-leaving-fsu-for-draft/

25. This post has been removed.