In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not much to see last night between Boise St and BYU. Friel was held without a catch but he did seem to have decent speed. Overall it was just a low scoring defensive game.

Some really good matchups on this weekend: 11 Notre Dame vs 18 Michigan

6 Oklahoma vs 15 Kansas St.

4  Florida St. vs 10 Clemson

The problem is, they're all on at about the same time so my thumb is gonna be exhausted from working the remote.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Let me know what you think of FSU' DE Bjoern Werner if you get a look at him... I think you'll like what you see... kid would look awesome across from Chandler.

[/QUOTE]

would you rahter have a futue wilfork or a cahndler tandem. as love improves wwe might be ok there and go for teh chandler tandem instead??? and cb and o line.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them bookend Chandler with another potential stud... Nink has his role but he's certainly upgradable... DT Jesse Williams is another kid that I've been high on since post draft 2012.  Brandon Jenkins, Werner's bookend at FSU, may also come as a value as he'll miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Werner, IMO, looks like a bigger, longer version of Brooks Reed and looks to have better athleticism, but the same "you'll have to kill me to stop me" motor.

[/QUOTE]
    good deets but u didnt weigh in on my quastion. with love improving some, would you go for the nink upgrade to bookend jones over the tackle to help fork (and replace him eventually)?

[/QUOTE]

It's a tough question at this point as they appear to be utilizing a lot of four man fronts and would need two solid DT's... I'll prob have a better idea as the season progresses.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for weighing in. after balt game, my strategy would be a very good cb in fa, and in draft Lde, dt, and 2 o lineman

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

[QUOTE]

With all the talk around WW's future with the team, my prediction is... they let him walk after this season and make a play for Danny Amendola, who is playing this season under a (1) year/$1.972M contract and will be a free agent in 2013.

He has a similar size and skill set to WW (Heck they both played their college ball for Texas Tech), some familiarity with McD's offense and is only 26 (5 years younger what Wes).

[/QUOTE]

I replied over on your post about such

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

MB and PatsEng, Do either of you think St. Louis would be willing to let Amendola walk after the chemistry he has with Bradford? Scottenheimer is the OC I believe so maybe he wants to find his own guy but I wouldnt mind that scenario at all and we may have good sales pitches to get him here with our usage of the slot and McDaniels being here.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Assuming he's an UFA, I think it would be hard for sell Amendola on the value of staying in STL vs. the opportunity to play for an elite franchise/HC/QB.

I think he's a solid player, but I also think he's a complimentary player and a team would be crazy to overspend for him.

[/QUOTE]

your post above answers part of teh question i will post here below from your thread on teh subject.

mb, dont you think the rams will make an offer to compete for him. hes doing wonders for them. it might come down to who has the bigger $ to spend for him (id say rams) or if he values competting for a sb ring sooner over staying with rams. also, weve got salas and maybe even hern who may compete for that startign slot spot if welker walks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

MB and PatsEng, Do either of you think St. Louis would be willing to let Amendola walk after the chemistry he has with Bradford? Scottenheimer is the OC I believe so maybe he wants to find his own guy but I wouldnt mind that scenario at all and we may have good sales pitches to get him here with our usage of the slot and McDaniels being here.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Assuming he's an UFA, I think it would be hard for sell Amendola on the value of staying in STL vs. the opportunity to play for an elite franchise/HC/QB.

I think he's a solid player, but I also think he's a complimentary player and a team would be crazy to overspend for him.

[/QUOTE]

your post above answers part of teh question i will post here below from your thread on teh subject.

mb, dont you think the rams will make an offer to compete for him. hes doing wonders for them. it might come down to who has the bigger $ to spend for him (id say rams) or if he values competting for a sb ring sooner over staying with rams. also, weve got salas and maybe even hern who may compete for that startign slot spot if welker walks

[/QUOTE]

I think it's obvious that STL would/will def make a play for him and if they (or some other team) blow him away, then he prob won't end up in Foxboro.  For example, if some teams throws Pierre Garcon money his way... he gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO they are going heavy line next year. Think interior positions along the OL and either a bookend for Jones or someone next to Wilfork

BTW anyone been following Jenkins DT or McCullers DT this year? McCullers is making mistakes and raw but he might have the highest upside for any of the DT's eligiable in this years draft and Jenkins has been wreaking havoc like you wouldn't believe in the middle of the line. Put either next to Wilfork and you have 700lbs next to each other that could break through double teams

Williams from Ala has to have a strong second half of the year otherwise his stock is going to drop like a rock with the concussion. Still he's got a ton of potential and would gladly take him in the late 2nd if available

[/QUOTE]

Have Jenkins on the watch list, but haven't had a chance to watch him much... sounds like I need to check some film out, thanks PE.

Referring to Daniel McCullers from UT?  Kid's a giant eh?  Listed 6-6 377?  Doesn't have much in the way of stats, anything specific to report back on him (good/bad)?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BTW, anyone who was high on ND S Harrison Smith in last years class will also enjoy ND S Zeke Motta...  Like HS, Motta has elite size for the position, moves well, plays a physical brand of football, will try and knock you out in run support and have displayed leadership ability on the field.

Now, I don't think he's the prospect that Smith was, but he could be a late Day 2 or early Day 3 kid... he also has value on ST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IMO they are going heavy line next year. Think interior positions along the OL and either a bookend for Jones or someone next to Wilfork

BTW anyone been following Jenkins DT or McCullers DT this year? McCullers is making mistakes and raw but he might have the highest upside for any of the DT's eligiable in this years draft and Jenkins has been wreaking havoc like you wouldn't believe in the middle of the line. Put either next to Wilfork and you have 700lbs next to each other that could break through double teams

Williams from Ala has to have a strong second half of the year otherwise his stock is going to drop like a rock with the concussion. Still he's got a ton of potential and would gladly take him in the late 2nd if available

[/QUOTE]

Have Jenkins on the watch list, but haven't had a chance to watch him much... sounds like I need to check some film out, thanks PE.

Referring to Daniel McCullers from UT?  Kid's a giant eh?  Listed 6-6 377?  Doesn't have much in the way of stats, anything specific to report back on him (good/bad)?

[/QUOTE]

Jenkins doesn't have the stats you'd expect but when you watch him on film it's amazing. He just wreaks havoc and forces everyone behind center to adjust to him (much like Wilfork)

Yep that's the McCullers I was talking about. The kids just massive and has a great explosion. He's raw on his hand work and needs to adjust his knee position. You can tell he just used his body and size to his advantage early in his football life which was enough but fundamental he's lacking slightly. One big issue is instead of squaring up his body he likes to arm reach and turn sideways a lot because of his massive power he can usually drag a ball carrier down but it gets him off balance. Additional he tackles with his body and not so much wrapping up almost like a sumo wrestler. If he learns to square his body to the tackle and wrap those arms around no one will run past him. He shows flashes of promise and you can tell he's learning. His raw talent is there and just needs to be worked on and adjusted but you can't teach his size or power. I saw this guy push a triple block backwards one game. It was one of those things you have to watch again and say wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jenkins doesn't have the stats you'd expect but when you watch him on film it's amazing. He just wreaks havoc and forces everyone behind center to adjust to him (much like Wilfork)

Yep that's the McCullers I was talking about. The kids just massive and has a great explosion. He's raw on his hand work and needs to adjust his knee position. You can tell he just used his body and size to his advantage early in his football life which was enough but fundamental he's lacking slightly. One big issue is instead of squaring up his body he likes to arm reach and turn sideways a lot because of his massive power he can usually drag a ball carrier down but it gets him off balance. Additional he tackles with his body and not so much wrapping up almost like a sumo wrestler. If he learns to square his body to the tackle and wrap those arms around no one will run past him. He shows flashes of promise and you can tell he's learning. His raw talent is there and just needs to be worked on and adjusted but you can't teach his size or power. I saw this guy push a triple block backwards one game. It was one of those things you have to watch again and say wow.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, how does his motor look?  Would prob have to drop 25-30 or more pounds?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's got a decent motor but does wear down over a game. He could stand to lose 20-30lbs and get quicker but if you put him next to Wilfork there could be some huge issues for OL's. The biggest thing might be that he could use a year to develop (much like Wilforks rookie year playing situational formations). He should end up late 1st to mid 3rd I'd target him mid 2nd

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

He's got a decent motor but does wear down over a game. He could stand to lose 20-30lbs and get quicker but if you put him next to Wilfork there could be some huge issues for OL's. The biggest thing might be that he could use a year to develop (much like Wilforks rookie year playing situational formations). He should end up late 1st to mid 3rd I'd target him mid 2nd

[/QUOTE]

Will be interesting to see if he declares.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"IMO they are going heavy line next year. Think interior positions along the OL and either a bookend for Jones or someone next to Wilfork"

thats what i said only both

they will need inside help and someone who can play g/t  for vollmer/solder protection.

on d, they need both the tackle and bookend.

might need to trade for a pick or a get a pick from next year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Watchlist updated 9/30!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Watchlist updated 9/30!

[/QUOTE]

where?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There's a Gholston that we should be watching this season and his name ain't Vernon. Though there is a lot of similarities between the two. Gholston is a physical specimen at 6'7" 280 with sub 4.8 speed but has been struggling this season to develop pass rsuhing moves (sound fimilar). But just from a pure physical stand point he's worth keeping an eye on. Thankfully because of a fellow Gholston who had extremely similar triats coming out and was severly over drafted this kid might end up being at the end of the 2nd to take a look at. He might actually be a good bookend to Jones if he can develop a couple of moves and live up to his physical ability

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Watchlist updated 9/30!

[/QUOTE]

where?

[/QUOTE]

Original post... guess we're able to edit posts again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As it pertains to the 2012 Draft Class... Buffalo CB Stephon Gilmore is the real deal... he absolutely shut Brandon Lloyd down yesterday (he wasn't able to seperate much) and it wasn't until late in the game that Brandon was able to score a TD (albeit on an phenomenal catch) beating Aaron Williams. 

Gilmore also had another play in the endzone where he left his man to make a play on the football and SHOULD have come away with an INT (beautiful to watch a CB be in the correct position, with his head turned around, ETC... bottom line, this kid is living up to his lofty draft position (10th overall).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Anyone looking for another end across from Chandler Jones should take a look at Alex Okafor from Texas.  He might be had mid to late first.  He's off to a good start so far at Texas.  He's got good speed and strenth to hold up in the run game and he uses his hands very well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey PN - I have been watching Okafor but he's going to be a top 15 pick at the rate he's going and I don't think we have the ammo to trade up for him, nor do I think BB would trade up the (hopefully) 15+ spots to have a shot at him,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

As it pertains to the 2012 Draft Class... Buffalo CB Stephon Gilmore is the real deal... he absolutely shut Brandon Lloyd down yesterday (he wasn't able to seperate much) and it wasn't until late in the game that Brandon was able to score a TD (albeit on an phenomenal catch) beating Aaron Williams. 

Gilmore also had another play in the endzone where he left his man to make a play on the football and SHOULD have come away with an INT (beautiful to watch a CB be in the correct position, with his head turned around, ETC... bottom line, this kid is living up to his lofty draft position (10th overall).

[/QUOTE]

+1

yeah i saw that.

you were the one here highest on the kid were you not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

who is likely available 26 to 32 when we likely pick at the top need position?

1.) do you agree that we should pay a top cb free agent (rather than waste another pick on one).

(imagine if we had finnegan at this point?)

i see an o lineman who can play t an g, one that can play c and g,

a bookend to jones, and wilforks counterpart as this years needs.

which one is the top need i dont know if i know yet at this point in the season.

2.) can you rate these 4 needs from 1st priority to 4th?

3.) who do you go for/what position at bottom of rd 1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

looks like bleacherreport is confirming what people here thought of jj watt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1353762-jj-watt-is-best-defensive-player-in-nfl-but-is-anyone-else-even-close

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1353762-jj-watt-is-best-defensive-player-in-nfl-but-is-anyone-else-even-close

[/QUOTE]

Ahh vindication, we've gotten pretty good at calling fast riser in Sept that become top 15 picks and end up doing very well in the league. I forget who but someone once said we only liked Watt because we were racist and he was white, lol

For me this year it might be either:

Kareem Martin DE N Carolina - this kid looked better then Coples at the start of last season and could improve further. If Coples is a top 20 pick then no doubt Martin will shoot up from his 2-3 round projection to a top 20 pick no problem

Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia - The kid might not have the stats yet and is already projected in the late 1st round range but he just reminds me of Wilfork. He's got great size and power with a nice explosion that just creates issues in the backfield. I expect to hear his name taken early and often

Micah Hyde CB Iowa - Very talented CB who won't get any stats this year because no team will throw his way. Looking at the late 2nd at this point I suspect given his size and speed he'll end up in the 20's come draft day, much like Ras without the injury issues

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahh vindication, we've gotten pretty good at calling fast riser in Sept that become top 15 picks and end up doing very well in the league. I forget who but someone once said we only liked Watt because we were racist and he was white, lol

For me this year it might be either:

Kareem Martin DE N Carolina - this kid looked better then Coples at the start of last season and could improve further. If Coples is a top 20 pick then no doubt Martin will shoot up from his 2-3 round projection to a top 20 pick no problem

Jonathan Jenkins NT Georgia - The kid might not have the stats yet and is already projected in the late 1st round range but he just reminds me of Wilfork. He's got great size and power with a nice explosion that just creates issues in the backfield. I expect to hear his name taken early and often

Micah Hyde CB Iowa - Very talented CB who won't get any stats this year because no team will throw his way. Looking at the late 2nd at this point I suspect given his size and speed he'll end up in the 20's come draft day, much like Ras without the injury issues

[/QUOTE]

Don't remember the poster, but do remember someone saying something to the effect of "You guys only like him because he's white"... haha.

As for D players that I'm highest on at this point, I'll still driving the Dee Milliner/Bjoern Werner train... wooot wooot! ha.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

yeah i saw that.

[/QUOTE]

Was very high on him, yes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

yeah i saw that.

[/QUOTE]

Was very high on him, yes.