***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sup gents, know most are off to work I'll be watching the combine today if there's any specific player you want a breakdown on drills I'll try to get it for you.

As for WRs, damn there were some impressive workouts.  If they can't keep Blount, there are some options in later rounds but Blount is the known, hope they can resign him.

hopping the slower than expected time for Amaro puts him in range for the Pats.  While he didn't run well, he had an impressive 28 reps on bench just shows some power and stamina.  

[/QUOTE]

Our eye in the sky today!

I'm looking to see how a few of the big fatties perform:

• Hageman
    • Jones
    • Ferguson
    • Quarles
    • Urban
    • Ellis
    • Stinson

Etc.

[/QUOTE]

Will do, I'm looking for the drills although some of the big uglies have had an impressive 10y split

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Really wanna find some tape of Lousiville WR Damian Copeland, he killed it in the SS and 3C and had a very good 40 time as well.  I've seen tape of most others.

Below are the 10 WR's that I'm most interested in:

1. Cooks
    2. Robinson
    3. Abbrederis
    4. Latimer
    5. Ellington
    6. Moncrief 
    7. TJ Jones
    8. Campanaro
    9. Janis
    10. Norwood

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

Really wanna find some tape of Lousiville WR Damian Copeland, he killed it in the SS and 3C and had a very good 40 time as well.  I've seen tape of most others.

1. Cooks
    2. Robinson
    3. Abbrederis
    4. Latimer
    5. Ellington
    6. Moncrief 
    7. TJ Jones
    8. Campanaro
    9. Janis
    10. Norwood

[/QUOTE]

Good list, MB.  Personally, I would add Hoffamn to mine.  Definitally potential for some 6th/7th round gems here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Ra'Shede Hageman someone to keep an eye on.  Some matuarity things have been mentioned but guy looks good so far.  If he falls to the Pats and he interviews well he could be a good addition.  At minimum he's a nickle rusher first year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Ra'Shede Hageman someone to keep an eye on.  Some matuarity things have been mentioned but guy looks good so far.  If he falls to the Pats and he interviews well he could be a good addition.  At minimum he's a nickle rusher first year.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's been discussed quite a bit... elite size, length and upside, but maddeningly inconsistent.  Looks like Reggie White vs. Max Lane on one play, then handled one on one by a MAC OG on the next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Cooks
    2. Robinson
    3. Abbrederis
    4. Latimer
    5. Ellington
    6. Moncrief 
    7. TJ Jones
    8. Campanaro
    9. Janis
    10. Norwood

[/QUOTE]

MB were you able to see the Gauntlet drill for all the TE's and WR's? If so did anyone "jump out" at you?

As far as 40's I could care less unless someone is well outside the expected "range" for that specific positional group.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fans always expect BB to do the unexpected... taking Brandin Cooks in Rd 1 would be just that.

Not saying that he will do it, but the talent/fit certainly justifies it.

[/QUOTE]

yeah but how tall is he??  can't they draft someone with some height. Is cooks any different than amendola or edelman.  Just can't see taking him in the first round (i'm sure you've already addressed this, but I havn't kept up with the thread)

[/QUOTE]

He's not tall, but I'm also not one of those people that wants him to draft size, just for the sake of size.  Cooks has an elite skill set to seperate on all areas of the field.

He's never taken a WR in Rd 1 during his time in NE, so it's not an expected move, which makes me think that there's a chance it could happen.

[/QUOTE] MB if thew Patriots didn't have holes in the DL, TE, OL and secondary I would agree that an early pick at WR would fool the masses.

[/QUOTE]

You could make an argument that WR is a hole (or at least a ?) as well, even with the additions of Dobson and Boyce last year.

At the end of the day, I just want them to bring in the best talent.

[/QUOTE] Then why have you blackballed the kid from Oregon? Lyerla might be the best talent at his position but you stated you don't want him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fans always expect BB to do the unexpected... taking Brandin Cooks in Rd 1 would be just that.

[/QUOTE]

yeah but how tall is he??  can't they draft someone with some height. Is cooks any different than amendola or edelman.  Just can't see taking him in the first round (i'm sure you've already addressed this, but I havn't kept up with the thread)

[/QUOTE]

He's not tall, but I'm also not one of those people that wants him to draft size, just for the sake of size.  Cooks has an elite skill set to seperate on all areas of the field.

He's never taken a WR in Rd 1 during his time in NE, so it's not an expected move, which makes me think that there's a chance it could happen.

[/QUOTE] MB if thew Patriots didn't have holes in the DL, TE, OL and secondary I would agree that an early pick at WR would fool the masses.

[/QUOTE]

You could make an argument that WR is a hole (or at least a ?) as well, even with the additions of Dobson and Boyce last year.

[/QUOTE] Then why have you blackballed the kid from Oregon? Lyerla might be the best talent at his position but you stated you don't want him.

[/QUOTE]

Because, by most all accounts, he's a P/O/S.  I'd prefer that they don't add those types of players to the locker room.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I have no idea if he can play football well as I have never seen him play but as a pure athlete, Tenny Palepoi keeps catching my eye as a good fluid athlete for a DL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Going away from VW type, Aaron Donald, 4.68 only in shorts but at 285lbs that's same speed Gronk ran lol 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Cooks
    2. Robinson
    3. Abbrederis
    4. Latimer
    5. Ellington
    6. Moncrief 
    7. TJ Jones
    8. Campanaro
    9. Janis
    10. Norwood

[/QUOTE]

MB were you able to see the Gauntlet drill for all the TE's and WR's? If so did anyone "jump out" at you?

As far as 40's I could care less unless someone is well outside the expected "range" for that specific positional group.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't watching as closely as I should have, though I thought Ellington looked good, while Allen Robinson struggled a bit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no idea if he can play football well as I have never seen him play but as a pure athlete, Tenny Palepoi keeps catching my eye as a good fluid athlete for a DL.

[/QUOTE]

Too similar to Joe Vellano?  or chris jones?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Going away from VW type, Aaron Donald, 4.68 only in shorts but at 285lbs that's same speed Gronk ran lol 

[/QUOTE]

Explosion is his calling card, I'm curious of his 10 yard split.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd mentioned him a couple times, read good things about his burst, agility and overall movement ability... haven't found and real tape of him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Michael Sam sure likes attention

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

SportsBozo,

no i dont want Lyerla. dont care the talent. we just had a murderer on our team and BB knew a bunch about his checkered past and let it slide.

we currently have a guy going to jail in two weeks (Dennard) to serve his DUI probation breakage or whatever.

we have Talib who was been arrested twice I believe.

sometimes, the talent is worth the risk.. at this point and with this guy, no.

I'd rather have Niklas, Fierdo, ASJ or Amaro anyway. if not that go sign Scott Chandler is FA.

[/QUOTE] The pius one has spoken. I now hope he's the only TE the Patriots draft. I don't judge people by the bad things that happen in their lives.  I know someone said to wait until he grew up, by that time he wouldn't sign with anyone who ignored his talent in the first place... Also if you are any indication of the type of fair juror in New England, then AH can forget about receiving a trial based upon evidence! You don't know squat about who or what AH is, but you have no problem announcing that he is a murderer!!! Maybe you and the star witness the barber are friends...

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't care if Hernandez is guilty or not. And under law from the evidence they have so far he's not guilty because of serious reasonable doubt. But that doesn't say he was a good person all of a sudden. He has been involved in numerous things and comes across as a total assholee in the locker room. 

Lyerla has good combine numbers and has no real stats. He played a full season and has only 25 catches.? He didn't dominate the game IMO as a good talent would. 

I dont even want a open field guy, we need a big red zone threat like ASJ, Amaro, Niklas or Fierdo. If I was to take a "move" TE I would take Gator Hoskins as a UDFA or 7th flier for such a less risk. And he already knows someone in the locker room (Dobson) which atleast is a plus besides a former coke head who questions the Sandy Hooke shootings. 

I know he's talented but other needs are more important and there are better lower risk options 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too similar to Joe Vellano?  or chris jones?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah who knows. I wasn't necessarily saying he would be a good pick or even good for Pats. Only that for a big guy he moves well. No idea if he can play, is smart or anything like that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because, by most all accounts, he's a P/O/S.  I'd prefer that they don't add those types of players to the locker room.

[/QUOTE] From everything I've read he's well respected within the Oregon University coaching staff and that he left on excellent terms. All the anncillary garbage comes from reporters. He went to court pleaded no contest and is performing community service for his part in his cocaine scandal, he's not running away from his mistakes, he's meeting his obligations as a young man. Sorry i disagree with you and anyone who thinks he's a cancer. He's very talented and if fullfilled passing on him would be a mistake, now I'm not suggesting he should be a first round pick but he certainly should be accessible in the 3rd,4rth or maybe even 6th rounds. Anyone taken in any of those rounds are projects, maybe they get a gem late and he eradicates your pre-conceived notions based upon reporters looking for a story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] From everything I've read he's well respected within the Oregon University coaching staff and that he left on excellent terms. All the anncillary garbage comes from reporters. He went to court pleaded no contest and is performing community service for his part in his cocaine scandal, he's not running away from his mistakes, he's meeting his obligations as a young man. Sorry i disagree with you and anyone who thinks he's a cancer. He's very talented and if fullfilled passing on him would be a mistake, now I'm not suggesting he should be a first round pick but he certainly should be accessible in the 3rd,4rth or maybe even 6th rounds. Anyone taken in any of those rounds are projects, maybe they get a gem late and he eradicates your pre-conceived notions based upon reporters looking for a story.

[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of good TEs available this year.  No need to take a chance on this guy.  Let some other team over-draft him.  There are plenty of character concerns with him.  The media didn't make those up.  Forget about this guy.  No way BB will take him after everything that the organization went through because of Hernandez's stupidity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Uhh, the media sure likes giving attention to Michael Sam.

Let's not try to act like Sam is bringing this all on himself. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Uhh, the media sure likes giving attention to Michael Sam.

Let's not try to act like Sam is bringing this all on himself. 

[/QUOTE]

Gay or not, I don't think the guy is going to be a good NFL player.  Not overly explosive, too small to play DE, too slow to play LB.  I would pass.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Sam looks like a 7th rounder or udfa.  Slow and no burst is not a good thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

RE: Sam... for what it's worth, Mayock has a Rd 3-5 grade on him.  Seems the consensus projection is a situational pass rusher early on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Marcus Smith runs a 4.68.

Webster a 4.58. On him playing TE vs. DE, I think he should play TE.

Hageman a 5.02. Good, but I thought he would do better.

Donald ran a 4.68 and a crazy 10 split for a DL. I still think he's too small to play DT. Would I be so wrong to think he might excel as a 43 DE? He might be a bit on the short side, but he has awesome combo of power and explosiveness. Ou tof reach for the Pats of course.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

MB, any DLs or LBs surprise you?