***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

chances Hageman be there in late 20s/32 for the pats? 

[/QUOTE]

I think there's a pretty good chance right now. He's projected anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd right now. I expect him to be in the mid 1st to mid 2nd range by the end of the year. The thing is he's had some inconsistency. If he were a consistent player I could see him taking a Watt type of rise

[/QUOTE]

Good to hear about inconsistency. I saw him on a bad outing then. I can't even remember which game it was. He just was not having any impact. Looking at physique and athleticism, he looked like he should be a stud. 

I anticipate that he will be off the charts at the combine, and that might put him out of the Pats' reach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like South Carolina DT Kelcy Quarles is expected to enter the 2014 draft... I like this kid at some point on Day 2.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9937254/south-carolina-gamecocks-dt-kelcy-quarles-enter-nfl-draft-father-says

[/QUOTE]

Great news for the Pats. The more quality DTs declare, the higher the chance that NWE is in position to get one.

Definitely someone to consider. For people who like DTs who get to the QB (vs the NT who draws double teams and plugs holes), this would be a huge upgrade to anyone on the team right now. Put him next to Jones and the Pats D could become fun to watch.

[/QUOTE]

This was my thought as well.  Kid has good length and looks all of 6-4 300... carries the weight well.  Moves very well for a kid his size.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ton of kids to watch in this Oregon/Stanford matchup... can't wait ro watch the Cardinal D... paticularly the LBs and DBs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Ton of kids to watch in this Oregon/Stanford matchup... can't wait ro watch the Cardinal D... paticularly the LBs and DBs.

I'm keeping my eye on Skov tonight, really intriguing! I agree this game is loaded with talent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm keeping my eye on Skov tonight, really intriguing!

[/QUOTE

Kid's def the real deal... similar size and attributes to Kiko Alonso, who I liked last year.  Tough, aggressive and instinctive kid that plays down hill/flies to the football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Love watching Stanford and Michigan State play D... wouldn't mind seeing BB load up on players from both... just tough, smart and nasty... come at you all game long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping my eye on Skov tonight, really intriguing!

[/QUOTE

Kid's def the real deal... similar size and attributes to Kiko Alonso, who I liked last year.  Tough, aggressive and instinctive kid that plays down hill/flies to the football.

[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly who I was thinking of haha Its ashame he went to the bills, he's off to a good career

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

Love watching Stanford and Michigan State play D... wouldn't mind seeing BB load up on players from both... just tough, smart and nasty... come at you all game long.

[/QUOTE]

I was noticing they have the size BB looks for too. I didn't know Ed Reynolds is the son of former Patriot Ed Reynolds (same name and my brain never even processed it)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

LG David Yankey has made at least a couple Duck pancakes so far... I like this kid's game... moves well, effective on pulls... plays with the nastiness you look for and isnt afraid to impose his will/rag doll a defender.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

[QUOTE]

LG David Yankey has made at least a couple Duck pancakes so far... I like this kid's game... moves well, effective on pulls... plays with the nastiness you look for and isnt afraid to impose his will/rag doll a defender.  

[/QUOTE] Skov is the real deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Little poll. Should BB target one more Rutgers player in the upcoming draft:

Brandon Coleman 6'6" 220lbs

So far this year Colemans production has gone down hill. Minus one big game his production has essentially disappeared off the map. This might be due to a nagging knee injury in preseason or that Rutgers has started relying heavily on the run as of late. With questions already forming if Coleman has the speed for the NFL and now his lack of production could this drive him to a late day 2 early day 3 pick? If he is available in the late 3rd early 4th would you be happy if BB traded up or used the 3rd on Coleman in hopes that he could gain 15lbs and become a Hernandez type of player. When his knee is healthy he can make good cuts and as a WR he has good blocking ability (which would need to develop in the TE position) but there is potential that after a yr or two he could develop into an average blocking TE with above average receiving ability. Personally if he's available at that spot I'd love to take him. Ideally if they get a 3rd for Welker (Amendola might wash it out though) they take Coleman and Fiedorowicz and use Coleman as a hybrid with Gronk and Fiedorowics as main TE's. That would allow them to run 2 TE sets again while giving them 3-4 WR set ability.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was not a big fan of letting Woodhead go this offseason. Call me crazy but I said back then I'd rather have Woodhead over Vereen because Woodhead was more consistent and you knew he was going to be on the field week in and week out. Now with another injury to Vereen, Bolden mia, Blount being a JAG, and I'm not sure if BB trust Ridley the RB core is a major question mark to me. With that in mind I started looking at later round RBs and came up with a couple:

Carlos Hyde Ohio State 6'0" 245lbs - This is a big back with some speed when he gets in the open field. Reminds me of Blount when he first got into the league. He isn't afraid to take a hit and actually sometimes I think he enjoys giving one. Very high ypc and is always moving forward. Has some major red flags though including assualting a woman so he might not be a Pats type of player. I'm just looking at him as having 1-2round talent that might drop to day 3 because of red flags. If he's seen the light he could be a steal but I wouldn't touch him if there is even the sense he didn't turn a corner.

Isaiah Crowell Ala State 5'11" 215lbs - He's my late round small school gem. For his size he has break away speed and a short stride to get up to gear quickly. Very good CoD and has good vision. He's been consistent year in and year out and is having a good season this year. The HUGE red flag was he was kicked off of Georgia for weapons charges. They'd have to do some major digging and after the Hern situation might not want to touch him but if he has gone straight he could be worth a UDFA look.

Silas Redd USC 5'10" 200lbs - MB most likely knows Redd after he tore up ND but after minor knee surgery and missing the first 5 games his stock dropped. But, throughout the kids career he has been a highly successful and consistent back. He has ability to catch out of the backfield and has a quick change of gears when hitting a hole. In a way he reminds me of a slightly bigger version of Woodhead.

Roderick McDowell Clemson 5'10" 200lbs - He has slightly better than average speed and power for a back but has a higher motor and is always moving his legs. He is a senior this year and already has his degree so age will drop him but he doesn't have a lot of tear after playing behind Ellington for so long. Might be a nice late round pick up that could give more than Bolden or Blount.

Ben Malena T A&M 5'8" 195lbs - A small scat back who catches passes out of the backfield. Great CoD ability with average speed but a good burst and good vision. Great explosion when he sees a hole. Another one that reminds me of Woodhead but needs to really work on his blocking to be a 3rd down back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So far this year Colemans production has gone down hill. Minus one big game his production has essentially disappeared off the map. This might be due to a nagging knee injury in preseason or that Rutgers has started relying heavily on the run as of late. With questions already forming if Coleman has the speed for the NFL and now his lack of production could this drive him to a late day 2 early day 3 pick? If he is available in the late 3rd early 4th would you be happy if BB traded up or used the 3rd on Coleman in hopes that he could gain 15lbs and become a Hernandez type of player. When his knee is healthy he can make good cuts and as a WR he has good blocking ability (which would need to develop in the TE position) but there is potential that after a yr or two he could develop into an average blocking TE with above average receiving ability. Personally if he's available at that spot I'd love to take him. Ideally if they get a 3rd for Welker (Amendola might wash it out though) they take Coleman and Fiedorowicz and use Coleman as a hybrid with Gronk and Fiedorowics as main TE's. That would allow them to run 2 TE sets again while giving them 3-4 WR set ability.

I'm always for them adding perimeter skill, though I'd like for them to add a veteran WR in FA... (i.e. Sanders or McCluster or Boldin or Manningham or Tate or Cooper, etc.).

I do like the idea of targeting Coleman as more of the flex type/matchup player in the mold of Hern.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

I was not a big fan of letting Woodhead go this offseason. Call me crazy but I said back then I'd rather have Woodhead over Vereen because Woodhead was more consistent and you knew he was going to be on the field week in and week out. Now with another injury to Vereen, Bolden mia, Blount being a JAG, and I'm not sure if BB trust Ridley the RB core is a major question mark to me. With that in mind I started looking at later round RBs and came up with a couple:

Carlos Hyde Ohio State 6'0" 245lbs - This is a big back with some speed when he gets in the open field. Reminds me of Blount when he first got into the league. He isn't afraid to take a hit and actually sometimes I think he enjoys giving one. Very high ypc and is always moving forward. Has some major red flags though including assualting a woman so he might not be a Pats type of player. I'm just looking at him as having 1-2round talent that might drop to day 3 because of red flags. If he's seen the light he could be a steal but I wouldn't touch him if there is even the sense he didn't turn a corner.

Isaiah Crowell Ala State 5'11" 215lbs - He's my late round small school gem. For his size he has break away speed and a short stride to get up to gear quickly. Very good CoD and has good vision. He's been consistent year in and year out and is having a good season this year. The HUGE red flag was he was kicked off of Georgia for weapons charges. They'd have to do some major digging and after the Hern situation might not want to touch him but if he has gone straight he could be worth a UDFA look.

Silas Redd USC 5'10" 200lbs - MB most likely knows Redd after he tore up ND but after minor knee surgery and missing the first 5 games his stock dropped. But, throughout the kids career he has been a highly successful and consistent back. He has ability to catch out of the backfield and has a quick change of gears when hitting a hole. In a way he reminds me of a slightly bigger version of Woodhead.

Roderick McDowell Clemson 5'10" 200lbs - He has slightly better than average speed and power for a back but has a higher motor and is always moving his legs. He is a senior this year and already has his degree so age will drop him but he doesn't have a lot of tear after playing behind Ellington for so long. Might be a nice late round pick up that could give more than Bolden or Blount.

Ben Malena T A&M 5'8" 195lbs - A small scat back who catches passes out of the backfield. Great CoD ability with average speed but a good burst and good vision. Great explosion when he sees a hole. Another one that reminds me of Woodhead but needs to really work on his blocking to be a 3rd down back

[/QUOTE]

Can't say I disagree... Woody was just a solid, reliable performer.

I also think they could add a late round/URFA type back. 

Hyde has been a popular name on this board and is an interesting name on Day 3.

Crowell is an interesting name and a def risk/reward type... was good as a true frosh in the SEC, which says a lot.

Redd had a good game vs. ND yeah, though they only had 330 yards of total offense in the game... he's been productive at (2) schools though and managed just 10 points, 7 of which coming on their first possession.

The kid I (and Homecheese) really like, in the mold of Vereen, is FSU's Devonte Freeman.  He has a similar skill set to Andre Ellington (and a bigger Chris Thompson, who I liked out of FSU last year) and runs with a very good level of shiftiness, ferocity and natural leverage... kid can also catch the football.  The downside is, he may play himself into Day 2, which is prob too high for them to target a RB.

I also like Stanford's Tyler Gaffney (6-1 225) as that big power back type, same goes for BC's Andre Williams... very good build, solid power and is a true workhorse that currently leads the nation in carries (216) to go along with 5.4 YPC and 10 TD's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do not think NWE will pick up a WR on the upcoming draft. If they do, I would guess they don't take anyone until day 3. I doubt Coleman will be available. He is right now projected at late 1st - early second. That of course will change if he shows lack of speed at the combine.

My current favorite is Jared Abbrederis (6'2", 188, so far in 2013 has 46 recs for 782 yds). Currently projected at late third but could slip to fourth, given a lot of teams took WRs last year. Of course he could shoot up too, if he shows good speed at the combine.

He is game quick and tough tough tough. He can play the slot a la Welker. The difference is that has the speed to stretch the field. Used well, this guy could be very unpredictable to the D. He will drive Ds crazy. Unlike Aendola, this guy will be available to play.

If you want a tall guy, check out the following...

Brandon Wimberly, Nevada (6'3", 225, 67, 696)

Devin Street, Pittsburgh ('6'3", 192, 40, 690)

L'Damian Washington, Missouri ('6'4", 205, 36, 680)

Marcus Lucas, Missouri (6'5", 220, 43, 522)

Kelvin Benjamin (6'5", 235, 25, 476) This guy will catch anything within 20' of him (exagerrating of course)

This assumes the following are taken in the first three rounds:

Allen Robinson

Jordan Matthews

Marquis Lee

I also would not mind it if they pick up Kevin Norwood on the third day.

If you want a WR/TE type, then take a look at Cajuste of Stanford

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do not think NWE will pick up a WR on the upcoming draft. If they do, I would guess they don't take anyone until day 3. I doubt Coleman will be available. He is right now projected at late 1st - early second. That of course will change if he shows lack of speed at the combine.

My current favorite is Jared Abbrederis (6'2", 188, so far in 2013 has 46 recs for 782 yds). Currently projected at late third but could slip to fourth, given a lot of teams took WRs last year. Of course he could shoot up too, if he shows good speed at the combine.

He is game quick and tough tough tough. He can play the slot a la Welker. The difference is that has the speed to stretch the field. Used well, this guy could be very unpredictable to the D. He will drive Ds crazy. Unlike Aendola, this guy will be available to play.

If you want a tall guy, check out the following...

Brandon Wimberly, Nevada (6'3", 225, 67, 696)

Devin Street, Pittsburgh ('6'3", 192, 40, 690)

L'Damian Washington, Missouri ('6'4", 205, 36, 680)

Marcus Lucas, Missouri (6'5", 220, 43, 522)

Kelvin Benjamin (6'5", 235, 25, 476) This guy will catch anything within 20' of him (exagerrating of course)

This assumes the following are taken in the first three rounds:

Allen Robinson

Jordan Matthews

Marquis Lee

I also would not mind it if they pick up Kevin Norwood on the third day.

If you want a WR/TE type, then take a look at Cajuste of Stanford

[/QUOTE]

I love Abbrederis.

Wow, didn't realize that Benjamin was draft eligible... now that's a kid that could rise up draft boards if he declares.

I also like Ohio State's Corey Brown... kid can fly and makes some plays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oregon was disappointing. My guy Mariota was disappointing. Their mental toughness was tested and they did not test well.

On the other hand, I just fell head over heels for a few Standford players.

Yankey and Skov definitely. a few others too. I will have to watch the game again to come up with their names.

I think Yankey could be BB's type. Big, tough, smart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oregon was disappointing. My guy Mariota was disappointing. Their mental toughness was tested and they did not test well.

On the other hand, I just fell head over heels for a few Standford players.

Yankey and Skov definitely. a few others too. I will have to watch the game again to come up with their names.

I think Yankey could be BB's type. Big, tough, smart.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've felt that way about how Stanford plays the game since Harbaugh turned that program around.  Big, smart, versatile and nasty... the personification of what I value in a football team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***STUD ALERT***

Just watched a bunch of tape on Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert and... wow.  If they're not able to retain Talib, this is exactly the type of kid they could draft to replaced him.  

He's big (6-0 200), fast, fluid, scheme diverse (they play a mix of coverages, off man, zone, press, etc.) with very good instincts and ball skills.  He's a  physical kid that doesn't show away in run support and looks like a good/secure tackler in the open field.  He receives little to know safety help and it didn't appear that teams were keen on testing him very often.

He's also a very good ST player and would look great as a gunner opposite Slater... but also has KR value with (5) TD returns during his time in Stillwater.

He's one of the better players that I've seen on tape this year and a definite Rd 1 caliber player... heck, it wouldn't shock me if he was the Top CB in this class and a Top 20 pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

What do all think of this guy? DRAFTTEK has him at 59 to NE.  They have Yankey going to NE in the 1st rd.

59 New England
      Taylor Hart
        Oregon
        DE43
        Reach/Value:     +3 Height:
    6'5"
    Weight:
    Alternate Pick #1
    Kyle Fuller
    Alternate Pick #2
    Aaron Colvin

The loss of Vince Wilfork has led New England to almost exclusively play a 4-3, where a lack of depth was shown after veteran Tommy Kelly was also injured. Rookies Joe Vellano and Chris Jones are holding up against the run, but neither project to be as stout in the run game or as active rushing the passer as Oregon DL Taylor Hart. Hart has experience playing in multiple fronts and at different positions, and would immediately fit into the defensive rotation, bumping inside to DT in passing situations. Belichick's relationship with Chip Kelly likely contributed to the acquisition of Isaac Sopoaga earlier this month, and Kelly's phone might ring again regarding another former DL of his.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What do all think of this guy? DRAFTTEK has him at 59 to NE.  They have Yankey going to NE in the 1st rd.

59 New England
      Taylor Hart
        Oregon
        DE43
    6'5"
    Weight:
    Alternate Pick #1
    Kyle Fuller
    Alternate Pick #2
    Aaron Colvin

The loss of Vince Wilfork has led New England to almost exclusively play a 4-3, where a lack of depth was shown after veteran Tommy Kelly was also injured. Rookies Joe Vellano and Chris Jones are holding up against the run, but neither project to be as stout in the run game or as active rushing the passer as Oregon DL Taylor Hart. Hart has experience playing in multiple fronts and at different positions, and would immediately fit into the defensive rotation, bumping inside to DT in passing situations. Belichick's relationship with Chip Kelly likely contributed to the acquisition of Isaac Sopoaga earlier this month, and Kelly's phone might ring again regarding another former DL of his.

[/QUOTE]

After seeing how Oregon looked like boys getting beeaten up by men in Stanford jerseys, I don't know if I would be happy getting Hart. I like the idea of picking up Yankey. And I actually like Fuller. He's a CB who is very disciplined with his hands but still gets the job done. I have no opinion on Colvin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

59 New England
      Taylor Hart
        Oregon
        DE43
    6'5"
    Weight:
    Alternate Pick #1
    Kyle Fuller
    Alternate Pick #2
    Aaron Colvin

Just watched some 2013 tape of Hart vs. Tennessee... he lines up primarily as a 5 tech, but was in more of a squatted 2-point stance with his hands out in front of him.  Love his length, he's active and shows a solid ability to find/flow to the football.  I also thought he moved well, both up the field and in space for a kid that's as long as he is.  Personally, I thought he looked more explosive when lined up in a more traditional 3/4 point stance.

I look forward to watching more tape on him... curious to what seattlepat says after rewatching the Stanford tape.

Intriguing kid, with Day 2 upside.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As a follow up on the topic of Stanford OG David Yankey... I watched his ASU tape and, for the most part, he appeard to beat the p!55 out of ASU DT Will Sutton... believe he pancaked him more than once and it seemed that they moved Sutton over to the left side of the D line to get him away from Yankey (that's my guess at least, ha).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Here is another OT possibility with a coaching link to BB.  I like IOWA players they seem to coached well even though sometimes they are not as athletic as others. Scherff is on the rise. 

Name: Brandon Scherff (+) Coming off 10-20-12 Leg INJ
    College: Iowa     Number: 68
    Height: 6-5   Weight: 315
    Position: OT  Pos2: OG
    Class/Draft Year: rJr/2015
    40 Low: 4.95   40 Time: 5.09  40 High: 5.23
    Projected Round: 2  Stock:    
    Rated number 6 out of 153 OT's     52 / 2886 TOTA

29. New England Patriots

Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa: Whether relying on Tom Brady's precision passing or their running back rotation to move the ball via the ground game, Bill Belichick's most successful teams have controlled the line of scrimmage. Few develop offensive linemen like Kirk Ferentz and the Hawkeyes and the NFL-ready Scherff could step right in and contribute in Foxboro.
    CBSSports' Bob Rang

11/04/13 - 2014 NFL Draft: Scherff latest star on Iowa offensive line...Under former NFL offensive line coach Kirk Ferentz, Iowa has become one of college football's most consistent producers of quality blockers. The school isn't necessarily viewed as a hotbed of NFL talent - defensive back Micah Hyde was the only Hawkeye drafted last April - but few programs have generated more top 100 picks among blockers over the past 10 years than Iowa's six. Considering the blue-chip recruits they annually receive, perhaps it isn't surprising that established football factories like Southern Cal (nine) and Alabama (eight) lead in this category. It is also worth noting that Iowa's opponent Saturday, Wisconsin, has produced seven Top 100 offensive linemen during this time.

And yet, while the Trojans and Crimson Tide often boast terrific athletes among their offensive linemen, NFL scouts value Ferentz's pupils as they generally play with grit and excellent technique and are as reliable in the passing game as they are when run blocking. The latest standout in Iowa's pipeline to the NFL is left tackle Brandon Scherff, a 6-foot-5, 315-pound redshirt junior whose stellar play Saturday against the Badgers outshined efforts from more highly touted skill-position standouts like teammate C.J. Fiedorowicz and Wisconsin receiver Jared Abbrederis or running backs Melvin Gordon and James White. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

11/04/13- 2014 NFL Draft: Scherff latest star on Iowa offensive line...Scherff hasn't received the media attention of other Big Ten blockers (like Michigan's Taylor Lewan, for example), but he's earning rave reviews from scouts, who view him as one of the country's most pro-ready offensive linemen due to his size, strength and versatility. While Scherff stars at left tackle for the Hawkeyes, he may not possess the elite athleticism NFL teams prefer as a blindside pass protector. Like many of the top-rated Hawkeye offensive linemen before him, Scherff's quickness is more functional than flashy. His pass drop from the snap is efficient and controlled rather than explosive. Further, he has strong hands to latch on and control opponents when pass blocking.

Scherff's power is impressive, as he'll stop pass-rushers in their tracks, at times. He can also get himself in trouble when relying upon his strength, however, occasionally settling onto his heels rather than playing on the balls of his feet, which makes him susceptible to speed rushes upfield, as well as quick counters back to the inside. This lapse in technique led to a holding call midway through the fourth quarter.

Scherff's occasional missteps in pass protection can be corrected with more experience. He entered Saturday's contest with just 19 career starts, (15 of them at left tackle) after an ugly injury to his right leg caused him to miss the second half of the 2012 season. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=112074&draftyear=2015&genpos=OT

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

59 New England
      Taylor Hart
        Oregon
        DE43
    6'5"
    Weight:
    Alternate Pick #1
    Kyle Fuller
    Alternate Pick #2
    Aaron Colvin

I also got my first extended look at VT CB Kyle Fuller this morning and wow, was this kid impressive too.  Watched his tape vs. Alabama and he was in the hip pocket of Bama WR Amari Cooper (a freshman All American in 2012 and a kid who shredded my Irish in the NC game)) all night, limiting him to 4-38-0 and essentially taking him out of the game.

He's slight of build, but has good length and plays a very physical brand of football, and there is no doubt that he has all the characteristics that you look for in a CB.  Think a more physical version of Desmon Trufant.

I think he's a Top 40 kid with Rd 1 upside.

My CB board is starting to come into focus and I'm VERY high on the below kids on Day 1/2 as things stand today:

• Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State
    • Darqueze Dennard- MSU
    • Kyle Fuller- VT
    • Antone Exum- VT
    • EJ Gaines- Mizzou