***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

if Andre Williams isnt invited to NYC for heisman i will be upset. he has carried his team. with all these leaders getting losses i think Jameis (assuming no charges made), Braxton, and Williams should be invited to NYC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SilverSun's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll be interested to see if BYU's 6-7 282 DE Bronson Kaufusi delcares for the 2014 draft... he's draft eligible, having signed in 2010 (also served a mission to New Zealand).  He was just a terror vs. ND, giving them troubles all day long and is a big, long, athletic (also played on BYU's basketball team) kid with a lot of upside... though still raw as well.  Intriguing kid.

[/QUOTE]

MB I saw Andre Williams, the BC back, have a hugh game against a good Maryland tem yesterday.  What round you think he will be drafted in and do you think he has a Heisman chance?  2000 yards rushing doesn't happen often. Do you think BB has any interest in him?

[/QUOTE]

He's was also good against VT and FSU, both having outstanding defenses... tells me a lot about the kid.

I think he's a Day 2 kid at this point... and I think BB could have interest as he has the size, power and ball security (generally speaking) that BB covets in his RB's.  It'll all depend on how they view Ridley long term.  

Personally I think he should have his name in the Heisman race, yeah.  Not only is he leading the nation in rushing, by a wide margin (462 ahead of the 2nd place back), but he's also averaging almost 6.5 YPC... and that's on 320 carries (30 ahead of 2nd place)! 

[/QUOTE]

BB will like him if he has a good 3cone time. He gets it in the 6.7 - 6.85 or better range and BB will like him.

MB those guys listed on the first page ranked or in no particular order?

Also, you used to add dates when you added someone or removed someone. Did you decide not to do that this year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

Morning Boys!

(2) DT names that I look forward to researching more are Caraun Reid (6-2 305) Princeton and Derrick Hopkins (6-0 312) VT.  

I think Reid has been mentioned before and while I probably won't puch much into tape vs. Columbia, this kid looks the part with a solid, strong build, good lateral agility and movement ability, looks strong at the POA and plays with a very solid base and active feet.

Hopkins is a shorter, squatty DT with excellent strength that displays outstanding quickness and explosion for a player his size... the height isn't ideal, but I really like what I've read and seen in this kid and can't wait to watch more tape of him.

Anybody have feedback on the two?

[/QUOTE]

Hopkins was on my list of DTs I wanted to see, but never got to and may never see a full game of his. He's accumulated consistently good tackle stats of roughly 50 a year (should get there this year) over the last three years - pretty high among DTs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

• UNC Te to enter draft ... North Carolina junior TE Eric Ebron has announced that he will skip his senior season and enter the 2014 draft. Ebron made the decision early so he will be able to participate in this weekend's senior day ceremony before the Tar Heels host Duke. Ebron has already caught 50 passes this fall and is projected to be the first player at the position off the board this coming May, possibly as early as the middle of the opening round.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Bucks CB heading to NFL … Ohio State has confirmed that junior CB Bradley Roby will be entering the 2014 draft. Roby had been considered to be a potential top 10-15 prospect prior to the season, but has had an up-and-down year such that he is no longer a lock to be even selected in the upcoming opening round. Meanwhile, there are reports that Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi has had a change of heart and will at least consider his options regarding entering the 2014 draft. Ogbuehi had indicated earlier this year that he would return to school next season and to play LT and improve his overall draft grade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll be interested to see if BYU's 6-7 282 DE Bronson Kaufusi delcares for the 2014 draft... he's draft eligible, having signed in 2010 (also served a mission to New Zealand).  He was just a terror vs. ND, giving them troubles all day long and is a big, long, athletic (also played on BYU's basketball team) kid with a lot of upside... though still raw as well.  Intriguing kid.

[/QUOTE]

MB I saw Andre Williams, the BC back, have a hugh game against a good Maryland tem yesterday.  What round you think he will be drafted in and do you think he has a Heisman chance?  2000 yards rushing doesn't happen often. Do you think BB has any interest in him?

[/QUOTE]

He's was also good against VT and FSU, both having outstanding defenses... tells me a lot about the kid.

I think he's a Day 2 kid at this point... and I think BB could have interest as he has the size, power and ball security (generally speaking) that BB covets in his RB's.  It'll all depend on how they view Ridley long term.  

Personally I think he should have his name in the Heisman race, yeah.  Not only is he leading the nation in rushing, by a wide margin (462 ahead of the 2nd place back), but he's also averaging almost 6.5 YPC... and that's on 320 carries (30 ahead of 2nd place)! 

[/QUOTE]

BB will like him if he has a good 3cone time. He gets it in the 6.7 - 6.85 or better range and BB will like him.

Also, you used to add dates when you added someone or removed someone. Did you decide not to do that this year?

[/QUOTE]

The names in post 1?  That was kind of a watch list... didn't really add to it this year, participation seemed to be down so I didn't put as much effort into it... I should be posting my updated/personal board soon which will have the players that interest me the most at this point.

And on a side note... wow has this board (not this thread) become an absolute dumpster fire!?  Just negativity, nonsense and trolls as far as the eye can see... just awful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bucks CB heading to NFL … Ohio State has confirmed that junior CB Bradley Roby will be entering the 2014 draft. Roby had been considered to be a potential top 10-15 prospect prior to the season, but has had an up-and-down year such that he is no longer a lock to be even selected in the upcoming opening round. Meanwhile, there are reports that Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi has had a change of heart and will at least consider his options regarding entering the 2014 draft. Ogbuehi had indicated earlier this year that he would return to school next season and to play LT and improve his overall draft grade.

[/QUOTE]

I look forward to watching more 2013 tape on Roby... loved him in 2012, but he hasn't had the best year in 2013 and had a particularly tough time with Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis (a WR I love).  I've since moved Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert and VT's Kyle Fuller (another popular name on this board) to the top of my list... I think both are Rd 1 talents.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The names in post 1?  That was kind of a watch list... didn't really add to it this year, participation seemed to be down so I didn't put as much effort into it... I should be posting my updated/personal board soon which will have the players that interest me the most at this point.

And on a side note... wow has this board (not this thread) become an absolute dumpster fire!?  Just negativity, nonsense and trolls as far as the eye can see... just awful.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Morning Boys!

(2) DT names that I look forward to researching more are Caraun Reid (6-2 305) Princeton and Derrick Hopkins (6-0 312) VT.  

I think Reid has been mentioned before and while I probably won't puch much into tape vs. Columbia, this kid looks the part with a solid, strong build, good lateral agility and movement ability, looks strong at the POA and plays with a very solid base and active feet.

Hopkins is a shorter, squatty DT with excellent strength that displays outstanding quickness and explosion for a player his size... the height isn't ideal, but I really like what I've read and seen in this kid and can't wait to watch more tape of him.

Anybody have feedback on the two?

[/QUOTE]

Hopkins was on my list of DTs I wanted to see, but never got to and may never see a full game of his. He's accumulated consistently good tackle stats of roughly 50 a year (should get there this year) over the last three years - pretty high among DTs.

[/QUOTE]

His teammate Luther Maddy (6-1 296) looks like someone to check out as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

[/QUOTE]

Do you still have a site?  Would love to move the thread to a place that's purely about Patriots football and draft talk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

• UNC Te to enter draft ... North Carolina junior TE Eric Ebron has announced that he will skip his senior season and enter the 2014 draft. Ebron made the decision early so he will be able to participate in this weekend's senior day ceremony before the Tar Heels host Duke. Ebron has already caught 50 passes this fall and is projected to be the first player at the position off the board this coming May, possibly as early as the middle of the opening round.

[/QUOTE]

Sadly the TE I want isn't coming out until 15' draft, lol

I hope there is some way we can have a shot at Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. Had a chance to watch this kid and he has the potential to be better than Gronk if he works on his blocking

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope there is some way we can have a shot at Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. Had a chance to watch this kid and he has the potential to be better than Gronk if he works on his blocking

[/QUOTE]

Eng, I think he is very good.  I know he tweeted in Oct that he was staying in school; however, he has until Jan to declare.  If he gets a 1st Rd grade, he could come out.  I would draft him before a DT or OG because he has the football smarts to step into an offense and contribute.  I'm keeping him in my mocks till he doesn't declare.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I look forward to watching more 2013 tape on Roby... loved him in 2012, but he hasn't had the best year in 2013 and had a particularly tough time with Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis (a WR I love).  I've since moved Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert and VT's Kyle Fuller (another popular name on this board) to the top of my list... I think both are Rd 1 talents.

[/QUOTE]

Tech CB to miss 4-6 weeks ... Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller will miss the next 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a groin muscle injury earlier this week. Fuller is expected to ultimately make a full recovery, but could miss the rest of the Hokies' schedule this fall including any possible bowl game. Fuller, who is considered to be a mid-round prospect for the 2014 draft with some upside, had been off to a solid start this season, only to be limited by the groin issue the last month or so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

My challenge is I don't get a lot of College Football games where I am working overseas.  I have to rely on internet draft sites, sports sites, etc. etc.  Have to read what I can anywhere I can get it.  I like Draftinsider.  Tony Pauline who also writes for SI.com gives decent commentary on a large portion

This is always the time of year where you get some risers,  here are two:

Ryan Groy/G/Wisconsin: There are a variety of opinions on Groy in the scouting community but after Saturday most will turn positive.  Entering the season with a last day grade, Groy handled fast rising Ra’Shede Hageman throughout the Badgers victory, regularly moving the Gopher lineman from the action and opening large holes for the running game.  Groy’s game runs parallel to former teammate Travis Frederick, last April’s first round pick of the Dallas Cowboys, as he’s a powerful, mauler best suited for a ball control offense.

Kareem Martin/DE/North Carolina: Handed a last day draft grade by NFL scouts yet considered a top 75 pick by many on the outside, Martin has quietly had a terrific season.  With one game left Martin’s totals include 19 tackles for loss, 11 sacks,  13 quarterback hurries and 3 forced fumbles.  He also ranks second on the team with 70 tackles.  That sort of production will not go unnoticed and good workouts prior to the draft will push Martin into the third at the very least.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=8445

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not a lot (if any) tape of him in line... though I like his effort and ability as a blocker in space... plays the game with some attitude.

ND's Troy Niklas also looks like a potential stud at the NFL level and is one of the best blocking TE's in the college game.  He's also athletic and presents a ton of matchup issues due to his size... he's a legit giant at 6-7 270 and looks to be cut from granite, haha.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

I look forward to watching more 2013 tape on Roby... loved him in 2012, but he hasn't had the best year in 2013 and had a particularly tough time with Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis (a WR I love).  I've since moved Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert and VT's Kyle Fuller(another popular name on this board) to the top of my list... I think both are Rd 1 talents.

Tech CB to miss 4-6 weeks ... Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller will miss the next 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a groin muscle injury earlier this week. Fuller is expected to ultimately make a full recovery, but could miss the rest of the Hokies' schedule this fall including any possible bowl game. Fuller, who is considered to be a mid-round prospect for the 2014 draft with some upside, had been off to a solid start this season, only to be limited by the groin issue the last month or so.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, feel bad for the kid and the VT secondary has been hard hit in general as Day 2 CB/S option Antone Exum has missed almost the entire season as well.

I see Fuller as a kid with better length and tackling ability, but a comparable game/skill set to 2013 Rd 1 pick Desmond Trufant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is my Big 53 Board... list is fluid and is sure to change as more tape/info becomes available

Rd 1

OT/OG- Zack Martin- ND

CB- Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State

DE/OLB- Trent Murphy- Stanford

OLB- Kyle Van Noy- BYU

CB/S- Kyle Fuller- VT

OG- David Yankey- Stanford

Rd 1-2

CB- Darqueze Dennard- Michigan State

DT- Ra'shede Hageman- Minnesota

DT- Ego Ferguson- LSU

DT- Timmy Jernigan- FSU

CB- Bradley Roby- OSU

ILB- AJ Johnson- Tennessee

Rd 2

DT- Kelcy Quarles- South Carolina

ILB- Shayne Skov- Stanford

DT- DaQuan Jones- PSU

S- Craig Loston- LSU

S- Ed Reynolds- Stanford

OG- Anthony Steen- Alabama

Rd 2-3

DT- Dominique Easley- Florida

QB- AJ McCarron- Alabama

S- Antone Exum- VT

S- Deone Bucannon- WSU

CB- EJ Gaines- Missouri

ILB- Yawin Smallwood- Uconn

Rd 3

WR- Jared Abbrederis- Wisconsin

QB- Aaron Murray- Georgia

DT- Danny Shelton- Washington

S- Shamiel Gary- Oklahoma State

CB/S- Stanley Jean-Baptiste- Nebraska

ILB- Chris Borland- Wisconsin

DT- Ed Stinson- Alabama

RB- Andre Williams- BC

RB- Carlos Hyde- OSU

RB- Devonte Freeman- FSU

DL/OLB- Taylor Hart- Oregon

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz- Iowa

TE- Marcel Jensen- Fresno State

C/OG- Weston Richburg- Colorado State

Rd 4-7

TE- Arthur Lynch- Georgia

ILB- Max Bullough- Michigan State

S- Isaiah Lewis- Michigan State

CB- Ciante Evans- Nebraska

DT- Beau Allen- Wisconsin

DT- Bruce Gaston- Purdue

DT- Eathyn Manumaleuna- BYU

DT- Ken Bishop- NIU

RB- Tyler Gaffney- Stanford

OG- Kevin Danser- Stanford

ILB- Glenn Carson- PSU

QB- Kenny Guiton- OSU

QB- Bryn Renner- UNC

RB- Alfred Blue- LSU

CB- BJ Lowery- Iowa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

I Like a lot of the names on the List. Kyle Van Noy is the guy I hope Bill moves Heaven and Earth to get. He can rush the passer extremely well and also looks fluid dropping in coverage. He is absolutely my favorite player in the draft.

My next favorite guy whom you dont have on your list is Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin. He runs like Jamal Charles from KC and is an even better player than Charles was in College. Home Run Threat who can run between the tackles and also bounce it outside. Needs some work in pass protection but his upside is so Sky High he merits a First Round Selection regardless.

Eric Ebron in the First and Austin Seferian Jenkins in the second would also be great picks. Both are Instant Mismatches albeit in different ways. Wondering why you dont have any of them in your List.

Lastly, Im not high on any DT's in the first or second rounds. Rookie DT's usually dont have an impact early on. I would rather go Free Agency and target a guy like Paul Soliai or Randy Starks who are both proven commodities.

Rd 1

OT/OG- Zack Martin- ND

OLB- Kyle Van Noy- BYU

CB/S- Kyle Fuller- VT

Rd 1-2

DT- Ego Ferguson- LSU

DT- Timmy Jernigan- FSU

CB- Bradley Roby- OSU

Rd 2

DT- DaQuan Jones- PSU

S- Craig Loston- LSU

S- Ed Reynolds- Stanford

Rd 2-3

QB- AJ McCarron- Alabama

S- Antone Exum- VT

S- Deone Bucannon- WSU

CB- EJ Gaines- Missouri

Rd 3

DT- Ed Stinson- Alabama

RB- Andre Williams- BC

RB- Carlos Hyde- OSU

RB- Devonte Freeman- FSU

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz- Iowa

Rd 4-7

DT- Bruce Gaston- Purdue

DT- Ken Bishop- NIU

ILB- Glenn Carson- PSU

QB- Kenny Guiton- OSU

QB- Bryn Renner- UNC

RB- Alfred Blue- LSU

CB- BJ Lowery- Iowa

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to speedster81's comment:

I Like a lot of the names on the List. Kyle Van Noy is the guy I hope Bill moves Heaven and Earth to get. He can rush the passer extremely well and also looks fluid dropping in coverage. He is absolutely my favorite player in the draft.

My next favorite guy whom you dont have on your list is Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin. He runs like Jamal Charles from KC and is an even better player than Charles was in College. Home Run Threat who can run between the tackles and also bounce it outside. Needs some work in pass protection but his upside is so Sky High he merits a First Round Selection regardless.

Eric Ebron in the First and Austin Seferian Jenkins in the second would also be great picks. Both are Instant Mismatches albeit in different ways. Wondering why you dont have any of them in your List.

Lastly, Im not high on any DT's in the first or second rounds. Rookie DT's usually dont have an impact early on. I would rather go Free Agency and target a guy like Paul Soliai or Randy Starks who are both proven commodities.

Rd 1

OT/OG- Zack Martin- ND

OLB- Kyle Van Noy- BYU

CB/S- Kyle Fuller- VT

Rd 1-2

DT- Ego Ferguson- LSU

DT- Timmy Jernigan- FSU

CB- Bradley Roby- OSU

Rd 2

DT- DaQuan Jones- PSU

S- Craig Loston- LSU

S- Ed Reynolds- Stanford

Rd 2-3

QB- AJ McCarron- Alabama

S- Antone Exum- VT

S- Deone Bucannon- WSU

CB- EJ Gaines- Missouri

Rd 3

DT- Ed Stinson- Alabama

RB- Andre Williams- BC

RB- Carlos Hyde- OSU

RB- Devonte Freeman- FSU

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz- Iowa

Rd 4-7

DT- Bruce Gaston- Purdue

DT- Ken Bishop- NIU

ILB- Glenn Carson- PSU

QB- Kenny Guiton- OSU

QB- Bryn Renner- UNC

RB- Alfred Blue- LSU

CB- BJ Lowery- Iowa

[/QUOTE]

I do get the future superstar vibe from Van Noy as well... the kinda kid that you look back on 5 years from now and say, why the heck did they pass on him?  Then again he may be gone before they select.

Gordon is a very good player, but he's also prob a Top 50 kid and I don't see BB targeting a back that high.

Ebron should be a Top 15-20 pick so I left him off the board for that reason... same reason's that I didn't include Nix III and Tuitt, etc.  I think Trent Murphy could eventually be out of range as well.

ASJ has the site and ability that you look for in a TE, but has off the field questions... in hindsight, he's prob a kid that I should still have on my board as someone to track up to draft day.

As far as Rd 1 goes... ND's Zack Martin is a kid that would prob generate groans from Patriots Nation as a boring pick, but he's as solid and consistent a player as there is in this class and would be an immediate upgrade to the OL.

Can't say I'm super high on any of the DT's on my board at this point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I look forward to watching more 2013 tape on Roby... loved him in 2012, but he hasn't had the best year in 2013 and had a particularly tough time with Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis (a WR I love).  I've since moved Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert and VT's Kyle Fuller(another popular name on this board) to the top of my list... I think both are Rd 1 talents.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, feel bad for the kid and the VT secondary has been hard hit in general as Day 2 CB/S option Antone Exum has missed almost the entire season as well.

I see Fuller as a kid with better length and tackling ability, but a comparable game/skill set to 2013 Rd 1 pick Desmond Trufant.

[/QUOTE]

Fuller is my favorite CB on this class. I think he's better than Trufant and I really liked Trufant last year. Fuller is aggressive. Fuller I think is as aggressive but a bit stronger. What really impressed me was the discipline he shows when contesting a receiver. He knows he's good and he does not try to cheat by wrapping his other arm around the receiver. He just knows when how to keep his body close, when to turn to find the ball and focus on batting the ball. He defends passes the cleanest I've seen.

Good tackler too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fuller is my favorite CB on this class. I think he's better than Trufant and I really liked Trufant last year. Fuller is aggressive. Fuller I think is as aggressive but a bit stronger. What really impressed me was the discipline he shows when contesting a receiver. He knows he's good and he does not try to cheat by wrapping his other arm around the receiver. He just knows when how to keep his body close, when to turn to find the ball and focus on batting the ball. He defends passes the cleanest I've seen.

Good tackler too.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, very underrated kid... check out his 'Bama tape if you haven't seen it yet... he was in Amari Cooper's back pocket all game long.

I have him as a Top 3 CB on my board... would be stoked to land him, Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard.  Check out Dennard if you haven't already... one of the toughest kids in the college game with outstanding quicks/COD and will come at you on every snap... I love that mentality in a player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE] 

Rd 1

OT/OG- Zack Martin- ND ---> Yes

CB- Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State  --->  YES

DE/OLB- Trent Murphy- Stanford ---> YES

OLB- Kyle Van Noy- BYU ---> Mixed to yes (still hoping he looks as good at the season end as last eyar's season end)

CB/S- Kyle Fuller- VT ---> YES YES (And he may drop too)

OG- David Yankey- Stanford ---> YES YES

Rd 1-2

CB- Darqueze Dennard- Michigan State ---> More a mid second to me

DT- Ra'shede Hageman- Minnesota ---> Will reserve judgement 'til I see my recording of the WIS v MIN game

DT- Ego Ferguson- LSU ---> Maybe in the early second

DT- Timmy Jernigan- FSU ---> For a run stuffer, I'd rather take Allen in the third round

CB- Bradley Roby- OSU ---> I will have to see another OSU game

ILB- AJ Johnson- Tennessee ---> Will have to see another TEN game

Rd 2

DT- Kelcy Quarles- South Carolina ---> Late second

ILB- Shayne Skov- Stanford ---> Looks really good but would like to see combine numbers first

DT- DaQuan Jones- PSU ---> I like Jones in teh second, but I like Allen in teh third more

S- Craig Loston- LSU ---> YES

S- Ed Reynolds- Stanford ---> Late second

OG- Anthony Steen- Alabama ---> No opinion

Rd 2-3

DT- Dominique Easley- Florida ---> I have difficulty projecting him

QB- AJ McCarron- Alabama ---> Underrated. IMO difficult tor esist in the late second.

S- Antone Exum- VT ---> Have not seen a V game to watch him; no opinion

S- Deone Bucannon- WSU ---> Have not seen him

CB- EJ Gaines- Missouri ---> Have seen two Missouri game but to watch two tall receivers

ILB- Yawin Smallwood- Uconn ---> Have not seen him

Rd 3

WR- Jared Abbrederis- Wisconsin ---> Underrated. IMO worth a late second

QB- Aaron Murray- Georgia ---> Last game I have seen was vs. LSU. He seems to be dropping off; I want tos ee why

DT- Danny Shelton- Washington ---> I like this guy, but not until late fourth or early fifth

S- Shamiel Gary- Oklahoma State ---> Fair here. I don't know yet if I like him

CB/S- Stanley Jean-Baptiste- Nebraska ---> I like, pending combine

ILB- Chris Borland- Wisconsin ---> I love, pending combine

DT- Ed Stinson- Alabama ---> No opinion

RB- Andre Williams- BC ---> No opinion. Stats suggest promise

RB- Carlos Hyde- OSU

RB- Devonte Freeman- FSU

DL/OLB- Taylor Hart- Oregon ---> Was really disppointing vs Stanford. Maybein the fourth

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz- Iowa ---> I imagine him going no later than here, but I like him in the fourth

Rd 4-7

DT- Beau Allen- Wisconsin ---> Would pounce on this kid in the fourth. I'd take him in the third. I think teh best value among DTs

DT- Bruce Gaston- Purdue

DT- Ken Bishop- NIU

ILB- Glenn Carson- PSU

QB- Kenny Guiton- OSU

QB- Bryn Renner- UNC

RB- Alfred Blue- LSU

CB- BJ Lowery- Iowa

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just sharing my quick reactions above...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Definitely the best pass catching TE in the class. Arguably the best in a long time. Moves like a slightly slower WR. I would not be surprised if he runs faster than some WRs at the combine. Add there hands of a really reliable WR, and really good athleticism.

I just don't know if he blocks well too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

Rd 1

OT/OG- Zack Martin- ND ---> Yes

CB- Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State  --->  YES

DE/OLB- Trent Murphy- Stanford ---> YES

OLB- Kyle Van Noy- BYU ---> Mixed to yes (still hoping he looks as good at the season end as last eyar's season end)

CB/S- Kyle Fuller- VT ---> YES YES (And he may drop too)

OG- David Yankey- Stanford ---> YES YES

Rd 1-2

CB- Darqueze Dennard- Michigan State ---> More a mid second to me

DT- Ra'shede Hageman- Minnesota ---> Will reserve judgement 'til I see my recording of the WIS v MIN game

DT- Ego Ferguson- LSU ---> Maybe in the early second

DT- Timmy Jernigan- FSU ---> For a run stuffer, I'd rather take Allen in the third round

CB- Bradley Roby- OSU ---> I will have to see another OSU game

ILB- AJ Johnson- Tennessee ---> Will have to see another TEN game

Rd 2

DT- Kelcy Quarles- South Carolina ---> Late second

ILB- Shayne Skov- Stanford ---> Looks really good but would like to see combine numbers first

DT- DaQuan Jones- PSU ---> I like Jones in teh second, but I like Allen in teh third more

S- Craig Loston- LSU ---> YES

S- Ed Reynolds- Stanford ---> Late second

OG- Anthony Steen- Alabama ---> No opinion

Rd 2-3

DT- Dominique Easley- Florida ---> I have difficulty projecting him

QB- AJ McCarron- Alabama ---> Underrated. IMO difficult tor esist in the late second.

S- Antone Exum- VT ---> Have not seen a V game to watch him; no opinion

S- Deone Bucannon- WSU ---> Have not seen him

CB- EJ Gaines- Missouri ---> Have seen two Missouri game but to watch two tall receivers

ILB- Yawin Smallwood- Uconn ---> Have not seen him

Rd 3

WR- Jared Abbrederis- Wisconsin ---> Underrated. IMO worth a late second

QB- Aaron Murray- Georgia ---> Last game I have seen was vs. LSU. He seems to be dropping off; I want tos ee why

DT- Danny Shelton- Washington ---> I like this guy, but not until late fourth or early fifth

S- Shamiel Gary- Oklahoma State ---> Fair here. I don't know yet if I like him

CB/S- Stanley Jean-Baptiste- Nebraska ---> I like, pending combine

ILB- Chris Borland- Wisconsin ---> I love, pending combine

DT- Ed Stinson- Alabama ---> No opinion

RB- Andre Williams- BC ---> No opinion. Stats suggest promise

RB- Carlos Hyde- OSU

RB- Devonte Freeman- FSU

DL/OLB- Taylor Hart- Oregon ---> Was really disppointing vs Stanford. Maybein the fourth

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz- Iowa ---> I imagine him going no later than here, but I like him in the fourth

Rd 4-7

DT- Beau Allen- Wisconsin ---> Would pounce on this kid in the fourth. I'd take him in the third. I think teh best value among DTs

DT- Bruce Gaston- Purdue

DT- Ken Bishop- NIU

ILB- Glenn Carson- PSU

QB- Kenny Guiton- OSU

QB- Bryn Renner- UNC

RB- Alfred Blue- LSU

CB- BJ Lowery- Iowa

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just sharing my quick reactions above...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Have you had a chance to watch Kyle Van Noy against Virginia? Even when he isnt rushing the passer, he is making great plays against the run. I would love to see a Linebacking Core of Jamie Collins, Dane Fletcher, Jerod Mayo and Kyle Van Noy. So much Athleticism and potential play making ability there. Not high on Hightower and as much as I like Spikes I would rather they give the money to Talib and McCourty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

OB KYLE VAN NOY, BRIGHAM YOUNG

6’3” – 245 lbs. – 4.60e

STATISTICAL PROFILE:

2010: 36 – 7.5 – 2.0, 2 QBH, 2 FF, 1 FR (TD), 2 PD
    2011: 68 – 15.0 – 6.0, 10 QBH, 3 FF, 1 FR (TD), 3 PD, 3 INT, 1 K/P B
    2012: 52 – 22.0 – 13.0, 8 QBH, 6 FF, 5 PD, 2 INT (1 TD), 2 K/PB

OVERVIEW:

Worked his way into the rotation as a freshman, starting two games in total. Started more consistently as a sophomore, totaling eight of the thirteen contests in which he played. As a junior, broke out, being named to the AP All-America Third Team in his first season as a full-time starter, leading to being named to the Bednarik, Butkus, and Nagurski watch lists in 2013.

STRENGTHS:

•    Highly productive player with nearly three years of starting experience.
    •    Possesses an explosive first step when rushing opposing quarterbacks.
    •    Runs exceptionally well for his position, effective in backside pursuit.
    •    Athletic enough to assume man-coverage responsibilities on tight ends.
    •    Very rangy, high-motor player who makes plays on second effort.
    •    Has a few different rush moves, demonstrating a particularly nice swim.
    •    Added weight every year in college, beginning as a 219-lb. freshman.
    •    Could realistically fit at outside linebacker in either an even or odd front.
    •    Outstanding ball skills in coverage and in terms of stripping ballcarriers.
    •    Offers additional value on special teams blocking kicks and punts.

WEAKNESSES:

•    Combine weigh-in numbers may reveal inflated collegiate measurables.
    •    Looks very thin, will need to add lots of weight to play in an odd front.
    •    Not an ideal edge-setter ion the run game, more of a finesse player.
    •    Gets a little too aggressive at times and finds himself out of position.
    •    Takes wide angles in the run game, leaving his gap unaccounted for.
    •    Misses more tackles than he should, needs to break down more often.
    •    Arrested as a senior in high school for driving under the influence.

SUMMARY:

One of the most productive defenders in this year’s class, Van Noy makes plenty of plays, whether versus the run, as a pass rusher, in coverage, or on special teams, with impressive speed and explosiveness. He will need to add weight in the NFL and play with more discipline, but has the ability to develop into a quality starter in a three-or-four-man front. RD 1

http://draftexaminer.com/2013/11/07/ob-kyle-van-noy-brigham-young/