***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

I'll also state that while landing on Kipers Board doesn't guarantee anything, it does speak to the visibility that's now on these players... in regards to mainstream draft media... I'm sure NFL scouts/personnel types already had them in this range.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The questions:

1.  The best college player that most have never heard of (heck I didn't know who he was until today and I spend entirely too much time researching players, haha)?

2.  The answer to Belichick's search for the mythical LB/S hybrid?

The Answer to both is...

Any guesses?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

Taking a shot here. 

Josh Harvey?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Fidd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taking a shot here. 

Josh Harvey?

[/QUOTE]

Good guess, but this player particular player is draft eligible.

And I'll give you another hint... he's not currently a safety.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The questions:

1.  The best college player that most have never heard of (heck I didn't know who he was until today and I spend entirely too much time researching players, haha)?

The Answer to both is...

Any guesses?

[/QUOTE]

Jordan Tripp, Montana?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The questions:

The Answer to both is...

Any guesses?

[/QUOTE]

Jordan Tripp, Montana?

[/QUOTE]

Nope, BCS conference kid... at a national power program.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

Hhmm off the top of my head Corey Nelson from OK or Dion Bailey from USC? LOL I'll have to start digging after these two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Hhmm off the top of my head Corey Nelson from OK or Dion Bailey from USC? LOL I'll have to start digging after these two.

[/QUOTE]

Haha, no an no. 

I'll give you another hint... he currently plays ILB, but also has played OLB.  Kid's a physical and athletic freak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, no an no. 

I'll give you another hint... he currently plays ILB, but also has played OLB.  Kid's a physical and athletic freak.

[/QUOTE]

Jamie Morris or CJ Mosley

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Mosley wouldn't qualify as most know about him.

Another hint... he'll be playing for the NC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

Holland?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Holland?

[/QUOTE]

Another hint, he plays for the other team, haha.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Christian Jones, FSU or Dee Ford Auburn

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Christian Jones, FSU or Dee Ford Auburn

Ha, nope.

The answer is...

FSU's Telvin Smith.

Give him a look... 6-3 218 kid that moved from OLB to ILB... long, athletic kid that flies around the field demonstrating solid instincts and big time physicality.  Really like what he's able to do on the inside despite being outweighed by almost 100 pounds in some cases and demonstrates the awareness, fluidity and range to defend TE's, RB's and slot WR's.

I think he's the hybrid type defender that teams will be looking for to help defend bigger, more athletic TE's. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I saw him but I kept thinking ILB/OLB, bigger guy, but your right he would  meet the requirements SS/LB type.

Name: Telvin Smith 
    College: Florida State     Number: 22
    Height: 6-2   Weight: 218
    Position: OLB  Pos2: ILB
    Class/Draft Year: Sr/2014
    40 Low: 4.50   40 Time: 4.60  40 High: 4.72
    Projected Round: 2-3  Stock:    
    Rated number 6 out of 264 OLB's     90 / 3107 TOTAL

Where do you have him on your board 2nd or 3rd round?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

nate,

Your boy Hyde is now in Kiper's Top 25 so we can probably forget about landing him in Rd 3 or 4.  At this point, I'd expect him to come off the board within the Top 64 if he keeps his nose clean.

[/QUOTE]

That is too bad, I had a feeling he would launch up draft boards.  If he is available in the mid 2nd i wouldn't mind if  BB traded down or up to be able to get him.  I think he is going to be a stud RB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I saw him but I kept thinking ILB/OLB, bigger guy, but your right he would  meet the requirements SS/LB type.

Name: Telvin Smith 
    College: Florida State     Number: 22
    Height: 6-2   Weight: 218
    Position: OLB  Pos2: ILB
    Class/Draft Year: Sr/2014
    40 Low: 4.50   40 Time: 4.60  40 High: 4.72
    Projected Round: 2-3  Stock:    
    Rated number 6 out of 264 OLB's     90 / 3107 TOTAL

Where do you have him on your board 2nd or 3rd round?

I like him in Rd 2... think he has Top 50 upside, especially to 43 teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

On NE's radar????

• December 14
    • (4:30 PM): Rutgers WR enters the draft ... Despite a disappointing 2013 season, Rutgers junior WR Brandon Coleman has announced that he will forgo his final year of eligibility and enter the upcoming draft. The 6-5, 225-pound Coleman had just 32 catches this fall after undergoing pre-season knee surgery; still because of his size alone Coleman is likely to start to get some looks from pro teams as early as the mid-second day range.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Tide OG has surgery; out for bowl … Veteran Alabama OG Anthony Steen will likely miss next month’s Sugar Bowl after having surgery to repair a torn labrum. However, Steen, a mid-round prospect for the upcoming draft, appears likely to be ready the combine and other pre-draft workouts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

The 2014 Reese's   Senior Bowl   announced its most recent roster additions on Monday , a group headlined by a trio of defensive stars in   Michael Sam   of Missouri,   Will Sutton   of Arizona State and   Jason Verrett   of TCU.

The group of 24 players brings the total roster to 72. Every year, 110 college seniors are invited to attend a week of practices which culminates in an all-star game. This year's game will be held on Saturday, Jan. 25.

Sam was one of the country's top linebackers in 2013, leading the SEC in sacks (10.5) and tackles for a loss (18). He was named a Walter Camp first-team All-American and the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

Sutton, a dominant defensive tackle who was recently named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year for a second consecutive time, racked up 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, four sacks and an interception this season.

Verrett is one of the elite cornerbacks of college football and earned Big 12 Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2013.

Here is the updated list of all 72 players scheduled to attend:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/16/5217180/senior-bowl-2014-rosters-update-michael-sam-will-sutton-jason-verrett

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Tide OG has surgery; out for bowl … Veteran Alabama OG Anthony Steen will likely miss next month’s Sugar Bowl after having surgery to repair a torn labrum. However, Steen, a mid-round prospect for the upcoming draft, appears likely to be ready the combine and other pre-draft workouts.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info... def someone that's on the radar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

On NE's radar????

• December 14
    • (4:30 PM): Rutgers WR enters the draft ... Despite a disappointing 2013 season, Rutgers junior WR Brandon Coleman has announced that he will forgo his final year of eligibility and enter the upcoming draft. The 6-5, 225-pound Coleman had just 32 catches this fall after undergoing pre-season knee surgery; still because of his size alone Coleman is likely to start to get some looks from pro teams as early as the mid-second day range.

[/QUOTE]

I think he's definitely in the discussion, considering the need for size/flex type players at the WR position.  He has good speed for his size and looks the part, but the hands are inconsistent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On NE's radar????

• December 14

[/QUOTE]

I think he's definitely in the discussion, considering the need for size/flex type players at the WR position.  He has good speed for his size and looks the part, but the hands are inconsistent.

[/QUOTE]

We also have Harrison coming back next year  6'3 235.  Coleman has had a down year but swears he is not injured.  Hands would be the most important for me.  This draft has some draftable big receivers Evans, Benjamin, Coleman - 6'5", Washington, Bryant, Lucas, 6'4

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On NE's radar????

• December 14

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We also have Harrison coming back next year  6'3 235.  Coleman has had a down year but swears he is not injured.  Hands would be the most important for me.  This draft has some draftable big receivers Evans, Benjamin, Coleman - 6'5", Washington, Bryant, Lucas, 6'4

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be interested to see what Harrison can do.  Benjamin is another kid with ridiculous upside and matchup potential, but he too has inconsistent hands.  He went for 9-212-3 vs. Florida and for the most part, was too big and physical for Louchiez Purifoy, but also dropped (4) or (5) balls in that game.   Def look forward to watching more tape of both.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If a team is willing to overlook his size, they'll be getting a very good football player in FSU S/CB Lamarcus Joyner (5-8 190).  He's a rangy, fast twitched kid that just flies around the field making plays (5 sacks, 6.5 TFL, 1 INT, 3 PBU, 2 QB hurries and 3 FF in 2013).. is very good in blitz packages and has the versatility to play CB or S... could be an excellent nickel.  He'll also provide value on ST and has been producing since his true Frosh season... which I think says a lot given his size.  I'm a fan.

I also like FSU's other S Terrence Brooks (5-11 200)... good sized kid with excellent rangs that'll come up and smack you... he also displays solid instincts and awareness.

Man do they have a ton of talent on D.