2:23 left in a big game... can the defense close it out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

2:23 left in a big game... can the defense close it out?

Both the '06 and '07 seasons fell apart within 2:23 left. The defense could not stop one more drive! That's 2 more rings and a perfect season down the drain. Do you think that this "D" will be any better in a big game with less experience? I have to say I have reservations!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: 2:23 left in a big game... can the defense close it out?

I agree with you that the defense didn't get the job done in 06. It was Peyton Manning though with 2 HOF receivers and one of the best TE's in the league on offense.
    I also agree they couldn't stop the Eli, another Manning, and the Giants on that final drive. There was also an unbelieveable catch in that drive that no player has ever come close to making a catch like that in over 50 years of the game.

What I am trying to say is that I believe both games were a coaching meltdown. Especially the 06 game against the Colts, I mean they were up 21-0 at one point in the game. The players and the coaches win games not just the players regardless of what people say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

I agree about the coaching. I saw that blitz coming in '07 and yelled at the TV "no" and then it was over! Huge crappy call!! Hobbs left alone with a torn groin on a rec. 6 inches or so taller! Crazy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I can't think of a big playoff game in recent memory where any team in the NFL with a small lead (including our 3 Super Bowl winning teams) has been able to stop an offense with 2:00 left in the game from marching down the field.  The last time may have been when McNair got to the 1 yard line against the Rams in '00 as time ran out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

At this point I have little faith in the D to make the big stop (and I won't till the actually prove they can on a consistent basis).

I think we will be up by 17 with 2:23 in the Super Bowl this year so It really shouldn't matter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

No...