2ND ROUND

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: 2ND ROUND

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Margus Hunt's scouting report....

WEAKNESSES: Highly inconsistent. Has a tendency to make a splashy play and then disappear for long periods of the game. Struggles with pad level and can get blown off the ball against the run because he loses the leverage battle.

Like a lot of taller defensive ends, Hunt is stiff in his upper body and he struggles to re-direct when attempting to break down and tackle agile ball-carriers. Can be eluded and has a tendency to lunge at ball-carriers as a result, leading to some ugly whiffs.

Doesn't get his hands into passing windows as much as he should considering his height and kick-blocking prowess. Has only seven passes defended in 53 games. Inconsistent effort in downfield pursuit.

The rest of that same scouting report:

STRENGTHS: Certainly looks the part. Possesses a long, tapered build with room for additional muscle mass. Boasts a surprisingly quick first step and gains ground efficiently due to his long strides. Closes quickly on the ballcarrier due and can provide a thump on arrival.

Naturally powerful defender who can simply bull-rush his opponent deep into the pocket. Big, strong and reasonably active hands to fight through blockers' attempts at grasping a hold of him. Good hand-eye coordination and times his leaps well to aid in his kick-blocking prowess. Has emerged as a player the offense must account for on virtually every snap and yet remains a better athlete than football player, which speaks to his exciting upside.

His weaknesses are more glaring. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

DAMMIT.  SO CLOSE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

all the players on my board falling off

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Damn there goes Hankins. He was a very good DT option. Hope Hunt or Williams falls in our laps and we actually take one. Interesting Jamar Taylor is still there, could also be the pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

WEAKNESSES: Highly inconsistent. Has a tendency to make a splashy play and then disappear for long periods of the game. Struggles with pad level and can get blown off the ball against the run because he loses the leverage battle.

Like a lot of taller defensive ends, Hunt is stiff in his upper body and he struggles to re-direct when attempting to break down and tackle agile ball-carriers. Can be eluded and has a tendency to lunge at ball-carriers as a result, leading to some ugly whiffs.

Doesn't get his hands into passing windows as much as he should considering his height and kick-blocking prowess. Has only seven passes defended in 53 games. Inconsistent effort in downfield pursuit.

STRENGTHS: Certainly looks the part. Possesses a long, tapered build with room for additional muscle mass. Boasts a surprisingly quick first step and gains ground efficiently due to his long strides. Closes quickly on the ballcarrier due and can provide a thump on arrival.

Naturally powerful defender who can simply bull-rush his opponent deep into the pocket. Big, strong and reasonably active hands to fight through blockers' attempts at grasping a hold of him. Good hand-eye coordination and times his leaps well to aid in his kick-blocking prowess. Has emerged as a player the offense must account for on virtually every snap and yet remains a better athlete than football player, which speaks to his exciting upside.

Not sure how people miss that last point. Tons of upside and across from Jones should have plenty of single match ups. I see a ton of potential in the kid and think he could be a poormans Watt (not saying hhe's Watt but a poor mans version ie 2/3rds the production)

We don't need upside, we need production. We don't need some sacks today, not tomorrow. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

DAMMIT.  SO CLOSE.

For what?

Hankins and Carradine were my 2 favorite D Lineman for this round.  Hankins goes 3 picks before us.  I hope he sucks.  HAHA.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Not sure how people miss that last point. Tons of upside and across from Jones should have plenty of single match ups. I see a ton of potential in the kid and think he could be a poormans Watt (not saying hhe's Watt but a poor mans version ie 2/3rds the production)

"I see a ton of potential in the kid and think he could be a poormans Watt (not saying hhe's Watt but a poor mans version ie 2/3rds the production)"

i sad the saem thing 3 months ago

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Maybe it's Taylor the cb.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jesse Williams and Vince Wilfork manning the middle would be a scary middle. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

if BB is gonna go DE i hope he takes Okafor

thanks risky i forgot he was still up there. i had him preferred bewfroe hunt on my de list (remember)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mathieu's woman is damn fine! =) 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Damn there goes Hankins. He was a very good DT option. Hope Hunt or Williams falls in our laps and we actually take one. Interesting Jamar Taylor is still there, could also be the pick

cb isnt as high a need

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hankins is not lazy.  In fact most scouting reports say he is a high effort guy, but needs an NFL training regimen so he can play a high snap count.  As for the weight issues they are almost identical to what people said about Wilfork.  He isn't fat, they are just worried about where he is carrying a bit of his weight.  I am not saying this guy is Wilfork, but he is big and I think will be a good player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Here we are, boys....we're up next. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I liked Hankins, but I will take Jesse Williams!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

if BB is gonna go DE i hope he takes Okafor

thanks risky i forgot he was still up there. i had him preferred bewfroe hunt on my de list (remember)

yessir

lets see which bb likes