3 positions, 3 FA's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: 3 positions, 3 FA's

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

We've obviously have some holes to fill and FA will surely address some of those needs

DT, Safety, CB 

and o line, coverage lb., wr  and pass rusuh de (to support what we do in draft at wr and de)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

We've obviously have more than 3 postions to address but here are 3 I'd like to see filled in FA

DT....Desmond Bryant

CB.... Sean Smith

WR....Josh Cribbs

Bryant is a beast who could finally be unleashed by BB ( arrest makes the price drop a little too)

Smith.....6-3   Even if he were a stiff, and he is far from one, it would be nice to see some Db's taller than Danny DeVito on our side of the ball

Cribbs.....not the flashiest of names but an immediate boost to our return game and a decent slot guy as well

I like the list but I wouldnt waste time with S.Smith. His age and height are gonna be real attractive and I see him getting good money and I would rather get like 2 to 3 Cbs in Free Agency for the same price he would cost but I would love to see Cribbs here for the right price(I would use him to return kicks, punts and catch 40 balls). D.Bryant, not sure of the name. I know Red who was signed to Seattle last year but please post a link about Bryant. I wanna say he played in Chicago but could be wrong.  If they sign Cribbs, to me that means you have to move on from Wes and re-sign Edleman and hope between the 2, u can get 16 games and you always have Hernandez and Vareen who are excellent short range options...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Cribbs is a non factor as a WR, in the slot or outside, non factor

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Cribbs is a non factor as a WR, in the slot or outside, non factor

I would agree he has never been the focal point of the offense and the more they used him in cleveland , the more likely he was to get hurt but to say he is a non factor seems a bit harsh for me. I wouldnt say he can replace Wes but if you went with him and Edleman I think that would be good and if healthy, Cribbs can def. give you a solid 40 catches as the 4th option. His best year receiving was in 11 with 40 but they havent had a Qb there his whole tenior and I bet he would do better here w/Brady but his lack of numbers should help US in negotiations if BB is serious. I would look at him like Welker signing in 07' . His numbers were nothing special at all and he came here and is in the Pats hall of fame within 5 years so Im just saying.... I like him at 3-5 mill/year to return punts(better than Wes) and Kicks(better than Dmac) and catch 40 balls. He is more explosive than both Edleman and Wes. He hasnt missed a ton of games because he plays hurt but gets dinged a lot.

He also has over 100 rushes from reverses and direct snaps,etc.  and has a 6.0 ypc average over his career. I believe its that kind of versatility that BB likes with Cribbs and Hernandez is too valuble to keep putting him back there to run but can you imagine Cribbs in that role of RB? a couple times a game and him running a reverse from the outside position?  I mean this team has trotted out Slater on the outside at times for deep balls so Cribbs def. has a spot here if he wants to come IMO.