3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

Warrior, it is "three in a row," as in three post-season games in a row, three losses.

Also, the Pats lost all of those guys before the 2009 season. The new guys started arriving for the 2009 season.  Like you wrote, a lot of rookies were added in 2010.  A lot more vets are expected to go (Mankins, Light, Faulk, Taylor, Merriweather???) and a lot more rookies are expected to arrive for 2011. So in that vein, if they go 14-2 and lose their first P/O game next season, are we supposed to be understanding of that, too, because of all the changes?  Teams change all the time. The Jets have made a lot of changes in the past two seasons and have surpassed the Pats in both seasons. We Pats' fans can only fall back on the "change" excuse so many times to ease our pain.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....

I don't disagree with that. They played poorly, NY did not and they took advantage.

I still say this is who tough it is to stay on top of your game in this era's NFL.

Look at the Saints. Look at the COlts.  Look at the Giants not even making the playoffs.

Look at Dallas or SD.

You have to put this season into two different stages because no one picked them to go 14-2 and be a SB favorite.  On the flip side, they blew a good chance to make a legit run.

I'd be in a worse mood if they didn't have thes 3 draft picks to work on, because it's clear BB has rebuilt the scouting infrastructure in recent years and the drafts have been vital.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'm in a bad mood because of "how" we lost. You know if we played our hearts out and came up a little short that's one thing. But we practically gave the game to them on a silver platter. What the hell was wrong with Brady? Food poisoning? Getting a divorce with Giselle? I've never seen him look so dejected during a game!!! Where was the fired up guy, yelling and screaming at his guys to play better, play harder, play tougher. The best team did not win that game and that hurts...The 3 draft picks really aren't cheering me up??!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from topflite2. Show topflite2's posts

We need to RUN the ball on offense and play stiff defense.  The Quaterback needs to be afraid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

In Response to Re: 3 straight playoff losses, Pats have become teams we used to make fun of....:
    [QUOTE]Warrior, it is "three in a row," as in three post-season games in a row, three losses. Also, the Pats lost all of those guys before the 2009 season. The new guys started arriving for the 2009 season.  Like you wrote, a lot of rookies were added in 2010.  A lot more vets are expected to go (Mankins, Light, Faulk, Taylor, Merriweather???) and a lot more rookies are expected to arrive for 2011. So in that vein, if they go 14-2 and lose their first P/O game next season, are we supposed to be understanding of that, too, because of all the changes?  Teams change all the time. The Jets have made a lot of changes in the past two seasons and have surpassed the Pats in both seasons. We Pats' fans can only fall back on the "change" excuse so many times to ease our pain.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I took that literally. My bad.

I know teams make changes all the time and it's not an excuse for them losing. I think they (Pats) have done better then most teams with the changes that they have made over the seasons.

Yes the Jets did play better then we did.
    Pats played poorly. That's the short and sour answer.