32 high draft picks over 7 years.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: 32 high draft picks over 7 years.

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ok failure to communicate on both ends and we will agree to disagree...i will say that I understand ur certain lack of objectivity here as a Pats/Brady fan

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Yeah, right....I lack objectivity. This from a guy who thinks that Eli Manning is better than Tom Brady.

Eli 2, Brady 0...right, Jints?? LOL!!!!    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Truechamp! Can I play in the game "who have the Ravens drafted that is good"?

Arthur Jones - very good 300 pound defensive tackle...those guys don't grow on trees. 5th round

Dennis Pitta - one of the better tightends in football. 4th round

Ed Dickson - solid tight end averaging 25-50 catches a year.3rd round

Tyrod Taylor - backup QB who has done as much as Mallett (who rusty thinks is worth a 7th overrall pick) 6th round...imagine that?

Pernell McPhee - 6th round defensive lineman who got 6 sacks two years ago - you would probably put him in the hall of fame next to BJGE!

Torrey Smith - explosive wide receiver...even you heard of this guy, right? 2nd round pick. If you haven't heard of him just try to imagine McCourty...now imagine this guy running by him like he is standing still for a touchdown.

Jimmy Smith - starting corner - yeah he's pretty good - hasn't had to make the switch to safety yet. 1st round

Bernard Pierce - running back. Let's just say if he was here you wouldn't be talking about BJGE. 3rd round

Kelechi Osemele - guard. Started every game for the defending Super Bowl Ravens. 2nd round. will miss Sunday's game for back surgery and will be sidelined for 3 months

Matt Elam - safety...looks promising. 1st round

Now there are also another 10 guys still on their roster or in the NFL. I also didn't go beyond their first round selection in this year's draft class, but there are 6 of them on their roster and four of them are regular contributers. Now I'm not a Raven's fan, so I can't sit here and tell you every little thing about these players, but I can tell you most of them are regular contributers and all of them have SUPER BOWL RINGS.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud, I guess you didn't read the thread. Babe has once again put stipulations on his argument that BB is a bad GM. We can only look at the rounds 1-3 and we are looking for "great picks". By Babes definition Rob Gronkowski,  you know, the guy who caught more tds then any player in history his 1st 3 years, is NOT a great pick in the 2nd round, neither is Mayo, former ROY and team captain who leads his team in tackles every year, neither are Ridley or Vareen.....oh but Bernard Pierce is?!?!

Mccourty? No, that guy sucks, when you have an agenda to push, but to the rest of the free world he is a very good safety. Volmer. ?..nope, Solder, uh uh, chandler, Hightower, Dobson, Collins? Anyway, the point is, if Gronk, and Mayo don't make the cut as great picks then nobody you put on your list would either.

Wait....BERNARD PIERCE would make us forget about BJGE?  Do you realize how foolish that makes you look? i guess when you have some sort of vendetta against BB, you say dumb things like Bernard pierce is a great pick in the 3rd round but Ridley amd Vareen are not.

But let's just compare his numbers to our ex undrafted FA BJGE who has 4,000 yards, 42 tds and a 3.9 ypc average, while Pierce the great 3rd round pick you mentioned is a leader in the industry with 950 yards a 3.7 ypc and is a red zone monster with, count em, THREE TDS!

Oh but thats right, a running backs ability to punch the ball in the end zone has no bearing on how good he is, only yards per carry are important...at least when you have to back up your asinine assertion that BJGE sucked.. lol. 

You've both been sucker punched in the bean bag with your argument. 

[/QUOTE]

Whatever truechamp, I didn't realize that by posting a list about another team's selections meant that I was dissing my own. It's just that you made it seem like Newsome hasn't done anything when clearly he has...as have others.

And if you want to compare Pierce to BJGE, I'd have you look at how many catches he's had, how few fumbles he's had, how many Super Bowl rings he has and who he shares the running load with. In fact I'd compare BJGE to most any back in the league, after all he's 149th in YPC average and almost dead last in yardage for a feature back. I mean you can't get much worse than that...yet you want to put him into the hall of fame. How would his speech go? Yeah I'd like to thank everyone for not winning a thing, not getting many yards, not catching passes and being able to score touchdowns from the one yard line while my quarterback got me there. Thank you everybody, thank you. Oh and I also would like to mention that I couldn't run more than three yards without offensive linemen running past me like I was standing still. Thanks.

BJGE...the guy truechamp wanted to give the ball to instead of Brady. Cool beans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The bottom line remains that the Patriots are drafting poorly. By doing so, they are squandering, and have squandered,  a golden opportunity to win several more championships, before Tom Brady is done.

[/QUOTE]

^ Truth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Brees can't play outside in the cold to save his life. Rodgers hasn't done it long enough or consistently enough to put himself in Brady's league...and...seemingly, always gets hurt. Peyton Manning is another guy who has troubles outside in the cold and wind, and is The Picasso of Choke Artists.

[/QUOTE]

^ Truth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Arthur Jones - very good 300 pound defensive tackle...those guys don't grow on trees. 5th round

Tyrod Taylor - backup QB who has done as much as Mallett (who rusty thinks is worth a 7th overrall pick) 6th round...imagine that?

Pernell McPhee - 6th round defensive lineman who got 6 sacks two years ago - you would probably put him in the hall of fame next to BJGE!

Torrey Smith - explosive wide receiver...even you heard of this guy, right? 2nd round pick. If you haven't heard of him just try to imagine McCourty...now imagine this guy running by him like he is standing still for a touchdown.

Jimmy Smith - starting corner - yeah he's pretty good - hasn't had to make the switch to safety yet. 1st round

Bernard Pierce - running back. Let's just say if he was here you wouldn't be talking about BJGE. 3rd round

Kelechi Osemele - guard. Started every game for the defending Super Bowl Ravens. 2nd round. will miss Sunday's game for back surgery and will be sidelined for 3 months

Now there are also another 10 guys still on their roster or in the NFL. I also didn't go beyond their first round selection in this year's draft class, but there are 6 of them on their roster and four of them are regular contributers. Now I'm not a Raven's fan, so I can't sit here and tell you every little thing about these players, but I can tell you most of them are regular contributers and all of them have SUPER BOWL RINGS.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud, I guess you didn't read the thread. Babe has once again put stipulations on his argument that BB is a bad GM. We can only look at the rounds 1-3 and we are looking for "great picks". By Babes definition Rob Gronkowski,  you know, the guy who caught more tds then any player in history his 1st 3 years, is NOT a great pick in the 2nd round, neither is Mayo, former ROY and team captain who leads his team in tackles every year, neither are Ridley or Vareen.....oh but Bernard Pierce is?!?!

Mccourty? No, that guy sucks, when you have an agenda to push, but to the rest of the free world he is a very good safety. Volmer. ?..nope, Solder, uh uh, chandler, Hightower, Dobson, Collins? Anyway, the point is, if Gronk, and Mayo don't make the cut as great picks then nobody you put on your list would either.

Wait....BERNARD PIERCE would make us forget about BJGE?  Do you realize how foolish that makes you look? i guess when you have some sort of vendetta against BB, you say dumb things like Bernard pierce is a great pick in the 3rd round but Ridley amd Vareen are not.

But let's just compare his numbers to our ex undrafted FA BJGE who has 4,000 yards, 42 tds and a 3.9 ypc average, while Pierce the great 3rd round pick you mentioned is a leader in the industry with 950 yards a 3.7 ypc and is a red zone monster with, count em, THREE TDS!

Oh but thats right, a running backs ability to punch the ball in the end zone has no bearing on how good he is, only yards per carry are important...at least when you have to back up your asinine assertion that BJGE sucked.. lol. 

[/QUOTE]

Whatever truechamp, I didn't realize that by posting a list about another team's selections meant that I was dissing my own. It's just that you made it seem like Newsome hasn't done anything when clearly he has...as have others.

And if you want to compare Pierce to BJGE, I'd have you look at how many catches he's had, how few fumbles he's had, how many Super Bowl rings he has and who he shares the running load with. In fact I'd compare BJGE to most any back in the league, after all he's 149th in YPC average and almost dead last in yardage for a feature back. I mean you can't get much worse than that...yet you want to put him into the hall of fame. How would his speech go? Yeah I'd like to thank everyone for not winning a thing, not getting many yards, not catching passes and being able to score touchdowns from the one yard line while my quarterback got me there. Thank you everybody, thank you. Oh and I also would like to mention that I couldn't run more than three yards without offensive linemen running past me like I was standing still. Thanks.

BJGE...the guy truechamp wanted to give the ball to instead of Brady. Cool beans.

[/QUOTE]

Murtl the guy who says Bernard Pierce was a great draft pick but Ridley, Vareen, Gronkowski, Mccourty,  Mayo, Volmer, and Solder were not!

Hey, do you have any financial advice, you seem to have a great grasp on reality?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Murtl the guy who says Bernard Pierce was a great draft pick but Ridley, Vareen, Gronkowski, Mccourty,  Mayo, Volmer, and Solder were not!

Hey, do you have any financial advice, you seem to have a great grasp on reality?

[/QUOTE]

Ridley - benched at least 3 times for fumbling.

Vareen, Gronk, Vollmer - injury magnets.

McCourty - failed CB, mediocre safety.

Mayo - Top 10 pick.

Solder - Stock dropping like a rock.

That's reality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mayo - Top 10 pick.

That's reality.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those guys are terrible.

Hey will you root for them in the playoffs.....again?

You might have a hard time rooting for those ravens, giants, steelers and quite possibly saints teams that have better GMs then BB, as there is a good chance that none of them get in the playoffs....again.

They must have suddenly forgot how to build a super bowl contender, you know....like BB does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Birkshire Hathaway A and B shares. Dodge and Cox funds used to be really good. Vaguard is cheap, good funds.

Remember if you know what you are doing, make sure you DO put all your eggs in ONE basket...however if you don't know what you're doing (like most of us), diversify. And I always liked exchange traded funds - it was just simple - no big fees, no BS.

And if the government ever stopped stepping in and saving us all, I'd short everything.

Oh and by the way, the players you listed Ridley, Vareen, Gronkowski, Mccourty,  Mayo, Volmer, and Solder...are nice, but Vollmer didn't help us much in the 5 games he gave us, Gronk may never play again and this is the third post season in a row he won't be helping this team win a Super Bowl, McCourty was drafted to be a corner and was sent to the farm as an average safety, Vereen has only proven that in three years he can't be counted on, Solder has done his best to nearly get Brady killed several times this year (even over the summer), and do we really need to even bring up Ridley?? I mean when this guy fumbles the ball nearly hits the parking lot.

If the goal is NOT to win a Super Bowl, we are as a good as any lately - sorry if I won't call all our moves Championship caliber, because they aren't...I'm not sugar coating anything anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Birkshire Hathaway A and B shares. Dodge and Cox funds used to be really good. Vaguard is cheap, good funds.

Remember if you know what you are doing, make sure you DO put all your eggs in ONE basket...however if you don't know what you're doing (like most of us), diversify. And I always liked exchange traded funds - it was just simple - no big fees, no BS.

And if the government ever stopped stepping in and saving us all, I'd short everything.

Oh and by the way, the players you listed Ridley, Vareen, Gronkowski, Mccourty,  Mayo, Volmer, and Solder...are nice, but Vollmer didn't help us much in the 5 games he gave us, Gronk may never play again and this is the third post season in a row he won't be helping this team win a Super Bowl, McCourty was drafted to be a corner and was sent to the farm as an average safety, Vereen has only proven that in three years he can't be counted on, Solder has done his best to nearly get Brady killed several times this year (even over the summer), and do we really need to even bring up Ridley?? I mean when this guy fumbles the ball nearly hits the parking lot.

If the goal is NOT to win a Super Bowl, we are as a good as any lately - sorry if I won't call all our moves Championship caliber, because they aren't...I'm not sugar coating anything anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah your right. I wish we had a GM as good as the Giants, the Steelers, and the Ravens, they have all won super bowls in the last 6 years and all have the same, QB, the same great coach, and the same great GM....., but they won't even be in the playoffs this year. How is that possible? I guess the guys you think suck are actually helping us go 12-4 every year, and compete for super bowls.

It must be exhausting trying to say BB suddenly forgot how to build football teams, when all evidence points to the exact opposite. It must lead to absurd assertions like, Bernard Pierce was a great pick in the 3rd round as he averages 3.7 ypc and scored 3 tds in 31 games but Ridley sucks with his 1,900 yards, 4.4 ypc and 19 tds over the same 31 game period. 

I heard Mayo sucks too, and Nink. I hope your not a lawyer, then again with your ability to ignore the truth, the justice system might fit you perfectly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mayo - Top 10 pick.

That's reality.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those guys are terrible.

[/QUOTE]

I never said they were terrible. Well, Ridley does suck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mayo - Top 10 pick.

That's reality.

[/QUOTE]

Babe...here's how I see these players:

1.) Stevan Ridley: If he were a first or second rounder, he'd be a disaster. But, he wasn't a bad third round pick. He's been productive...but...as we all should understand, a RB is liability if he's a fumbler. Who knows, perhaps he can overcome his fumbling issues, as Kevin Faulk and Tiki Barber did. Let's see how Ridley progresses from here. A key fumble by him against the Bills, or in the play-offs, and he's done as a Patriot;

2.) Vereen, Gronk, and Vollmer: True...their lack of production due to injury has hurt the team badly. But, the Patriots have gotten some great mileage out of Gronk and Vollmer, when healthy. When 100%, both were pro-bowl caliber players. Not bad, for the 42nd overall pick in 2010, and the 58th overall pick in 2009.Under the new tackling rules, Gronk, the way that the Pats were using him, was a knee injury waiting to happen. What safety is going to try to bring down this 6'7", 265 pound rhino running in the open field, by tackling him high? Vollmer has a back issue...and has had such issues since college. The Patriots have huge decisions to make in the off-season regarding these two players, the aging Vince Wilfolk, and Jerod Mayo. Should the Pats continue to allocate huge chunks of cap space to these guys next year, and hope for the best, health-wise? Or, do they trade or release these guys, and allocate their salary slots elsewhere? As for Vareen, he is what he is...a part time player. He'll never be the second coming of Shady McCoy or Curtis Martin. But, in time, he could turn out to be another Kevin Faulk. 

3.) Devin McCourty: Hasn't turned out to be the next Ty Law, as hoped. But, he's not a bad player...and has been a four year starter;

4.) Jerod Mayo: Was a the 10th overall pick in a rather weak 2008 draft class. Has been a productive player, though not the Patrick Willis type player that the Pats' hoped for.

5.) Nate Solder: Has been a solid player, who still has the potential to evolve into a pro-bowl OT. But, the multiple concussions that he's suffered are a major concern, and threaten to derail his promising career.    

That said...my main criticisms are based on the following flops:

1.) 2006: RB Laurence Maroney (21st overall), and WR Chad Jackson (36th overall);

2.) 2007: Safety Brandon Meriweather (24th overall);

3.) 2008: CB Terrence Wheatley (62nd overall), LB Shawn Crable (78th overall), and QB Kevin O'Connell (94th overall);

4.) 2009: SS Patrick Chung (34th overall), DT Ron Brace (40th overall), CB Darius Butler (41st overall), WR Brandon Tate (83rd overall), and LB Tyrone McKenzie (97th overall);

5.) 2010: DE Jermaine Cunningham (53rd overall), and WR Taylor Price (90th overall);

6.) 2011: CB Ras-I Dowling (33rd overall);

7.) 2012: FS Tavon Wilson (48th overall), and DE Jake Bequette (90th overall);

That's 16 top 100 wasted picks over the past seven (7) years...which includes two first rounders, seven 2nd rounders (including three extremely high second rounders), and seven third rounders.

Such a sorry record is unacceptable...as is one of, if not the main reason why the Patriots haven't won a championship since the 2004 season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mayo - Top 10 pick.

That's reality.

[/QUOTE]

1.) Stevan Ridley: If he were a first or second rounder, he'd be a disaster. But, he wasn't a bad third round pick. He's been productive...but...as we all should understand, a RB is liability if he's a fumbler. Who knows, perhaps he can overcome his fumbling issues, as Kevin Faulk and Tiki Barber did. Let's see how Ridley progresses from here. A key fumble by him against the Bills, or in the play-offs, and he's done as a Patriot;

2.) Vereen, Gronk, and Vollmer: True...their lack of production due to injury has hurt the team badly. But, the Patriots have gotten some great mileage out of Gronk and Vollmer, when healthy. When 100%, both were pro-bowl caliber players. Not bad, for the 42nd overall pick in 2010, and the 58th overall pick in 2009.Under the new tackling rules, Gronk, the way that the Pats were using him, was a knee injury waiting to happen. What safety is going to try to bring down this 6'7", 265 pound rhino running in the open field, by tackling him high? Vollmer has a back issue...and has had such issues since college. The Patriots have huge decisions to make in the off-season regarding these two players, the aging Vince Wilfolk, and Jerod Mayo. Should the Pats continue to allocate huge chunks of cap space to these guys next year, and hope for the best, health-wise? Or, do they trade or release these guys, and allocate their salary slots elsewhere? As for Vareen, he is what he is...a part time player. He'll never be the second coming of Shady McCoy or Curtis Martin. But, in time, he could turn out to be another Kevin Faulk. 

3.) Devin McCourty: Hasn't turned out to be the next Ty Law, as hoped. But, he's not a bad player...and has been a four year starter;

4.) Jerod Mayo: Was a the 10th overall pick in a rather weak 2008 draft class. Has been a productive player, though not the Patrick Willis type player that the Pats' hoped for.

5.) Nate Solder: Has been a solid player, who still has the potential to evolve into a pro-bowl OT. But, the multiple concussions that he's suffered are a major concern, and threaten to derail his promising career.    

1.) 2006: RB Laurence Maroney (21st overall), and WR Chad Jackson (36th overall);

3.) 2008: CB Terrence Wheatley (62nd overall), LB Shawn Crable (78th overall), and QB Kevin O'Connell (94th overall);

4.) 2009: SS Patrick Chung (34th overall), DT Ron Brace (40th overall), CB Darius Butler (41st overall), WR Brandon Tate (83rd overall), and LB Tyrone McKenzie (97th overall);

5.) 2010: DE Jermaine Cunningham (53rd overall), and WR Taylor Price (90th overall);

That's 16 top 100 wasted picks over the past seven (7) years...which includes two first rounders, seven 2nd rounders (including three extremely high second rounders), and seven third rounders.

Such a sorry record is unacceptable...as is one of, if not the main reason why the Patriots haven't won a championship since the 2004 season. 

[/QUOTE]

For the most part I agree with your assessments.

Where I might diverge a bit is on the injury magnets. The big problem there is that the sudden loss of them creates a problem because they have gotten the playing time and whoever is supposed to try and fill their shoes is apt to take some time to get to playing their best and meshing well with the whole. A prime example is that Gronk has been injured at absolutely the worst of times and caused a major disruption to the scheme of the offense.

Keep in mind that both Gronk and Vollmer were picked where they were because of injury concerns. It wasn't a brilliant move by BB. They went where they were expected to go.

As far as Ridley, I can see taking a careful approach to see if he can get it together (after several reprieves already). But no way in hell would I try to find that out if the outcome of a game was still in question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mayo - Top 10 pick.

That's reality.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For the most part I agree with your assessments.

Where I might diverge a bit is on the injury magnets. The big problem there is that the sudden loss of them creates a problem because they have gotten the playing time and whoever is supposed to try and fill their shoes is apt to take some time to get to playing their best and meshing well with the whole. A prime example is that Gronk has been injured at absolutely the worst of times and caused a major disruption to the scheme of the offense.

RESPONSE: True. But, ask yourself this...did the coaches put all of their eggs in one basket in relying so heavily on their TEs...and making them the focal point of the offense? Perhaps a greater emphasis should have been placed on developing their running game, and getting a deep threat WR who can stretch the field...making it easier on guys like Welker (when he was here), and now, Edelman and Amendola, to operate over the middle, without getting their heads handed to them every game? These players have all suffered multiple concussions...and it's really starting to show in the case of Welker.

Keep in mind that both Gronk and Vollmer were picked where they were because of injury concerns. It wasn't a brilliant move by BB. They went where they were expected to go.

RESPONSE: I agree that these were brilliant picks. This is why I can't critcize BB for making them. He, we, and the organization knew that these players had injury histories, which made them a risk, allowing BB the chance to get them. And, when healthy, they both were pro-bowl caliber players. 

Ridley, I can see taking a careful approach to see if he can get it together (after several reprieves already). But no way in hell would I try to find that out if the outcome of a game was still in question.

RESPONSE: If the Pats are to advance to the SB, Ridley must run well, and be turnover free. The Gronk injury, OL injuries, and DL injuries have made this a reality. The Pats are going to have to establish a tough, power running game to keep defenses honest against Brady...and to keep opposing offenses off the field.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: True. But, ask yourself this...did the coaches put all of their eggs in one basket in relying so heavily on their TEs...and making them the focal point of the offense?

[/QUOTE]

They just went with what was good since the GM had a whole bunch of swings and misses in the WR department. Unfortunately, two of the real good things turned out to be an injury magnet and an alleged murderer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: I agree that these were brilliant picks.

[/QUOTE]

I clearly stated they were not brilliant picks. They were probable first round talent with injury concerns. Others passed on that gamble. BB didn't, and sort of lost that gamble because they have had significant injury problems.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

I clearly stated they were not brilliant picks. They were probable first round talent with injury concerns. Others passed on that gamble. BB didn't, and sort of lost that gamble because they have had significant injury problems.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry that I apparently misread your post.

Here, we strongly disagree. Neither Gronk or Vollmer player were first round picks. Gronk dropped to round 2 because of back issues. His back hasn't really been a problem for him in the NFL. It's just a case of some bad luck, in the form of a high ankle sprain in AFC Title game in 2011, and a freak wrist injury in 2012. The guy has been the best TE in football when healthy, almost from the day that the Pats had drafted him.

Vollmer was seen by many as a "reach" in the 2009 draft...taken 58th overall. He too had back troubles in college. But, unlike Gronk, his back has been a chronic problem for him in the NFL. Still, to get a pro bowl caliber player with the 58th overall pick, with some health risks...is a risk I'd take any day of the week. 

Not everything that BB has done as a GM has been terrible. You yourself have stated that he's an "average" GM, despite his huge number of top 100 draft busts, from 2006-present. If picking Gronk and Vollmer do not qualify as some of his good moves, then what are the "other" good drafting moves that has he made, between 2006-present?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except that GRONK CAUGHT MORE TDS THEN ANY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE in his 1st 3 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here, we strongly disagree. Neither Gronk or Vollmer player were first round picks. Gronk dropped to round 2 because of back issues. His back hasn't really been a problem for him in the NFL. It's just a case of some bad luck, in the form of a high ankle sprain in AFC Title game in 2011, and a freak wrist injury in 2012. The guy has been the best TE in football when healthy, almost from the day that the Pats had drafted him.

Vollmer was seen by many as a "reach" in the 2009 draft...taken 58th overall. He too had back troubles in college. But, unlike Gronk, his back has been a chronic problem for him in the NFL. Still, to get a pro bowl caliber player with the 58th overall pick, with some health risks...is a risk I'd take any day of the week. 

Not everything that BB has done as a GM has been terrible. You yourself have stated that he's an "average" GM, despite his huge number of top 100 draft busts, from 2006-present. If picking Gronk and Vollmer do not qualify as some of his good moves, then what are the "other" good drafting moves that has he made, between 2006-present?  

[/QUOTE]

We are having an issue with the words "good", "great" ("brilliant").

With the exception of possibly Chandler Jones, I don't see any of those 32 picks as brilliant or great. Most were downright dreadful. I did say he has made a few good picks.

As far as Vollmer, he was a back problem in college and a risky pick, That risk has come home to roost. That certainly wasn't a "great" pick.

And I just can't give him credit for Gronk as a great pick because the injury everybody feared that made him slip in the draft didn't happen, but some other injuries did. He got him later in the draft because of the risk, not because he was brilliant and everybody else was stupid.

I would call, Mayo, Vollmer, McCourty, Gronk, Solder and Jones, "good" picks.

Maybe Jones will be a "great" pick, but we need a bit more time to chisel that in stone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Babe, 5 years and not a decebt post in all that time. Can anyone name a decent post by Babe in the 5 years he's been posting? That is pretty bad. I mean I'm not asking for a good post or even a brilliant post. just a decent one. Even UD6 and 42 and 46 have had at least one decent post. All the Ravens fans are better posters as well as all the Bills posters. And the Bills aren't even going  to the playoffs this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With the exception of possibly Chandler Jones, I don't see any of those 32 picks as brilliant or great. Most were downright dreadful. I did say he has made a few good picks.

RESPONSE: Sorry...but we're going to have to agree to disagree on whether Gronk and Vollmer, two second rounders who became pro-bowl caliber players with the Pats, weren't great picks.   

As far as Vollmer, he was a back problem in college and a risky pick, That risk has come home to roost. That certainly wasn't a "great" pick.

RESPONSE: Who could the Pats have taken with the 58th overall pick in 2009 that was a better selection than C-Bass? Even with the benefit of handsight, it's hard to name guys who did better in the NFL. If he were a first round pick with a back problem, I'd tend to agree. But, he wasn't. How often do you find a pro-bowl caliber player late in the second round? 

And I just can't give him credit for Gronk as a great pick because the injury everybody feared that made him slip in the draft didn't happen, but some other injuries did. He got him later in the draft because of the risk, not because he was brilliant and everybody else was stupid.

RESPONSE: Again, I respectfully disagree. As you may recall, BB traded up a bit to jump ahead of the Baltimore Ravens, who were prepared tpo take Gronk at #43 overall. Any player who takes the field risks injury. The gamble on Gronk's back paid off...and the guy became one of the top offensive weapons in the game.

I would call, Mayo, Vollmer, McCourty, Gronk, Solder and Jones, "good" picks. Maybe Jones will be a "great" pick, but we need a bit more time to chisel that in stone.

RESPONSE: Again, I respectfully disagree. Any draft choice that becomes an elite player must be considered a "great" pick. Jones, Vollmer, and Gronk were great picks. Mayo had knee problems coming out of Tennessee. Has that risk "come to roost"? He's been very solid, though not "great"...a very good pick in a weak draft class. Solder, when healthy, has also been very solid. He had no major injury history coming out of Colorado. Yet, this huge man keeps suffering concussions. Who knew? 

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Sorry...but we're going to have to agree to disagree on whether Gronk and Vollmer, two second rounders who became pro-bowl caliber players with the Pats, weren't great picks.   

Vollmer has started in 65% of the games since he was drafted. Sorry, that's NOT a "great" pick. Period.

Gronk started in 68% of his possible starts. Sorry, that's NOT a "great" pick either. Period.

You can call them great all you like, but that kind of unreliability isn't great, and causes problems for the team as they have to try and adjust for them being missing.

RESPONSE: Who could the Pats have taken with the 58th overall pick in 2009 that was a better selection than C-Bass? Even with the benefit of handsight, it's hard to name guys who did better in the NFL. If he were a first round pick with a back problem, I'd tend to agree. But, he wasn't. How often do you find a pro-bowl caliber player late in the second round?

I hate to break it to you, but Vollmer has not been a pro-bowl player. There are 20+ players that have played in more games than Vollmer that were taken after him.

A few good players that could have been picked instead were DE-Michael Johnson, WR-Wallace, G-Vasquez.

But that point is moot. You can always trade that pick to move up, down, into the future or for players. The pick has to stand on it's own merits, not what else coulda or shoulda. A guy who is a good player that isn't available over 1/3 of the time is not a "great" pick.

RESPONSE: Again, I respectfully disagree. As you may recall, BB traded up a bit to jump ahead of the Baltimore Ravens, who were prepared tpo take Gronk at #43 overall. Any player who takes the field risks injury. The gamble on Gronk's back paid off...and the guy became one of the top offensive weapons in the game.

Again, not a "great" pick. If he could stay on the field it would have been. And no player on the team throws a monkey wrench into the continuity more than him when he gets hurt.

RESPONSE: Again, I respectfully disagree. Any draft choice that becomes an elite player must be considered a "great" pick. Jones, Vollmer, and Gronk were great picks. Mayo had knee problems coming out of Tennessee. Has that risk "come to roost"? He's been very solid, though not "great"...a very good pick in a weak draft class. Solder, when healthy, has also been very solid. He had no major injury history coming out of Colorado. Yet, this huge man keeps suffering concussions. Who knew?

The only "elite" player you name is Gronk, and he is injured so much, that label has an X through it.

Again, I think we disagree on the term "great", that's all. It's about where they were taken, if they can stay on the field and how well they play. Bottom line on those names is a "good" pick.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

All i want is to BB stick to picking a Defensive player first...

WE NEED A HUGE AND NASTY DT

Lets get the string going... hightower, chandler J, collins, 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Inse to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:OTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except that GRONK CAUGHT MORE TDS THEN ANY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE in his 1st 3 years.

[/QUOTE]

This thread makes me smile. I remember who Im arguing with in regard to babe, murtl, and that weird pezz guy and.... well Mr. Twain says it best above.