4 games to get it straight....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

4 games to get it straight....

We still have 4 games to get ready for the playoffs. In my opinion, we need to run the table to get some momentum going.  Would also be nice to get some healthy players back.

In addition, the offensive and defensive play calling needs to get better. Vanilla ain't workin' no mo. Finally, where is the passion?

Patriots' Sched:
    Carolina
    @Buffalo
    Jacksonvill
    @Houston

Miami's Sched:
    @Jacksonville
    @Tennessee
    Houston
    Pittsburg

NY Jets Sched:
    @Tampa
    Atlanta
    @Indy
    Cincy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: 4 games to get it straight....

I don't think it's going to happen Bubba. We'll make the playoffs but take a look at this defense now. We actually look worse than we did at the beginning of the season instead of better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm afraid we don't have four games to "get ready" for the playoffs . . . we have four games we need to win to get into the playoffs. If we go .500 (which increasingly seems probable) we may not make the playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: 4 games to get it straight....:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's going to happen Bubba. We'll make the playoffs but take a look at this defense now. We actually look worse than we did at the beginning of the season instead of better.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

For the most part, I agree with you. But it's not just one thing that's giving the Patriots problems. The problems start from the top, and work its way down.  BB and the coaching staff are NOT preparing the team adequately - and I think the coaching decisions for the past 3-4 games have caused more damage than not.

The Patriots have become passionless/emotionless on the field - with the exception of 2-3 players.

If the Patriots get healthy, and if the offensive/defensive play calling becomes more creative and aggressive - I think we could compete in the playoffs. Win the Superbowl?  Not unless they have a lot of luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I'm afraid we don't have four games to "get ready" for the playoffs . . . we have four games we need to win to get into the playoffs. If we go .500 (which increasingly seems probable) we may not make the playoffs. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

If you take a look at the Jets and Dolphins' schedule - I think they have a tougher last 4 games than the Patriots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to 4 games to get it straight....:
    [QUOTE]We still have 4 games to get ready for the playoffs. In my opinion, we need to run the table to get some momentum going.  Would also be nice to get some healthy players back. In addition, the offensive and defensive play calling needs to get better. Vanilla ain't workin' no mo. Finally, where is the passion? Patriots' Sched: Carolina @Buffalo Jacksonvill @Houston Miami's Sched: @Jacksonville @Tennessee Houston Pittsburg NY Jets Sched: @Tampa Atlanta @Indy Cincy
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I agree with your comments, but I don't think we can run the table (and I'm glad we still maintain a one-game advantage, because I think the Dolphins own the tie breakers).  We continue to stink it up on D, 2nd half offense, special teams, Buffalo at home could present a problem, Jville still fighting for a playoff seed could present a problem, and Houston is anybody's guess - but they'll be playing for pride - something I can't say we've been doing.  It's going to be a dog fight and lately, we've been wearing Milk Bone underwear - doesn't bode well unless we as a team, including coaching staff, turn things around and right now.  I've seen every one of our games this year and most of the games of the present playoff contenders.  And from what I've seen, we're simply not in the same class as the overwhelming majority of playoff contenders - they take care of business, we don't, especially on the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprfrk81. Show sprfrk81's posts

MAN DO THE PATS HAV ISSUES, KNO WHO I LIK IS ERIC WRIGHT ,CORNER IN CLEVE. I THINK WE COULD GET REALLY ON THE CHEAP, MAYBE LATE 3 OR A 4TH ROUND PICK I THINK HE EASY BE A TOP 10 CORNER, IF WE GOT HIM N COULD RESIGN BODDEN THAT COULD POTENTIONALY BE A VERY VERY GOOD TANDOM. I LUV S JACK BUT WOULD HESITATE ON THAT CONTRACT PLUS I THINK HES 31. BUT THAT WOULD STILL B XTREMELY TEMPTIN, HES A 3 DOWN BACK, THAT CAN REALLY DO IT ALL. RUN MIDDLE, CUT 2 THE OUTSDE, CATCH, N PASS BLOCK, WOW MAYBE IF JST RENTD HIM FOR 2/YRS. THIS TEAM IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF A PASS RUSH, THATS THE PROB W/ 3/4 D, U NEED XTRA SPECIAL OLB TO B GREAT. NOT TO MENTION WE NEED A T.E THAT ACTS LIK A T.E, WATSON CANT GET OFF THE LINE QUICK NOUGH, N IS NOT GOOD IN SHORT SPACE(GOIN OVA MIDDLE) HE NEEDS A LIL TIM 2 BUILD UP SPEED, HES GOOD AT SEEMS, BUT THATS IT, LACK OF PRODUCTION IS KILLIN US AT T.E.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 4 games to get it straight.... : I agree with your comments, but I don't think we can run the table (and I'm glad we still maintain a one-game advantage, because I think the Dolphins own the tie breakers).  We continue to stink it up on D, 2nd half offense, special teams, Buffalo at home could present a problem, Jville still fighting for a playoff seed could present a problem, and Houston is anybody's guess - but they'll be playing for pride - something I can't say we've been doing.  It's going to be a dog fight and lately, we've been wearing Milk Bone underwear - doesn't bode well unless we as a team, including coaching staff, turn things around and right now.  I've seen every one of our games this year and most of the games of the present playoff contenders.  And from what I've seen, we're simply not in the same class as the overwhelming majority of playoff contenders - they take care of business, we don't, especially on the road.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

something has been missing, hasn't it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 games to get it straight.... : something has been missing, hasn't it?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

No argument here.  I think the volitility of coaching/coordinator positions and the front office have taken its toll.  Add in the losses of "coaches-on-the-field" types of players - Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison and this team's not performed up to par.  I still hold out that we can back into the playoffs, if and I repeat if, we can pull our collective heads out of our backsides, but with this D, I'm not overly confident.  One issue - lots of folks are talking about this being a "rebuilding" year.  But, on offense, we have basically the same folks as the last two years.  And only Welker is lighting it up.  Brady coming back from injury hasn't been "Brady" and Moss hasn't been "Moss."  But that you can live with - the D on the other hand is scary bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Has the Defense made a Play in the last four seasons? Never mind gettting it together for the stretch run?  Bill needs to spend more time in the laboratory and less time with big boobbed blonde @ Celtic games.  This team is lacking that fire every game they come out flat and lets not talk about what goes on during half time.  Maybe Bill should have Ron Artest come in at half time to give a shot of Hennessey to get em' going.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 games to get it straight.... : No argument here.  I think the volitility of coaching/coordinator positions and the front office have taken its toll.  Add in the losses of "coaches-on-the-field" types of players - Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison and this team's not performed up to par.  I still hold out that we can back into the playoffs, if and I repeat if, we can pull our collective heads out of our backsides, but with this D, I'm not overly confident.  One issue - lots of folks are talking about this being a "rebuilding" year.  But, on offense, we have basically the same folks as the last two years.  And only Welker is lighting it up.  Brady coming back from injury hasn't been "Brady" and Moss hasn't been "Moss."  But that you can live with - the D on the other hand is scary bad.
    Posted by simroy[/QUOTE]

Like someone else has said - Brady is no longer trying to hit the open guy. To me this either means Brady is trying to force the Ball to Moss or Welker and ignoring his 3rd WR and or TE OR our 3rd WR/TE is not getting open. I think it's the former.  Our red zone offense is still having problems.  BB has blown too many 4-and something situations - like yesterday when we should have gone for a FG. Maybe we should get Weis back (but I don't think he will come back).

Our defense is having it's share of problems. It seems we have gotten soft and have no playmakers in clutch situations. I blame this mostly on our D coordinator Pees. Mebbe we should get Crennel back.

No easy solutions here. BBs messages have gotten old to the players. We need to do something different.