4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez

Assuming Dez can also have a HoF career to join Moss, Holt and Welker. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: 4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez

Welker's far from a HoFer but he's got a shot if he can keep up his numbers for another 5-6 years. That being said I'm not sold on Bryant. The guy isn't very bright and has some character issues, it's a very dangerous combination. I think I'd rather have Benn or Williams to tell you the truth. They might not be as flashy but they are very hard workers and will give you everything. They might not be leaders either but they are high enough character guys that they would only add to the locker room, I'm not sure if I could say the same about Bryant

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I love welker but he will not be a future hall of famer... he'll be like troy brown... loved by the fans and probably go into Pats HOF... Forget about dez.. lets get some Pressure on D, better protection on O, and 1 more playmaker on offense, maybe Jahvid Best or a pass catching TE... and we will be pushing 12-14 W's and be back up on the top of the list...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

If we win a Super Bowl and Welker is the MVP, I think he has a good shot.

Otherwise, it will take several more amazing seasons, that I'm not sure his frame could handle.

I don't agree with Coolguy (on Welker, but do on Dez); I think Welker is a lot more talented than Troy Brown and is regarded much higher, among opposing defenses (no disrespect to TB, I loved the guy, but Welker is really special).

Dez just seems like trouble. Even if I thought he was worth the risk, I don't think BB does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

sorry but welker ain't a HOF. maybe if he keeps up playing at such a high level for 5 or 6 more years, but no where near it now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

And ONE more TIME , WW is not even close to being a HOF. Ill go as far to say even if he did have 5-6 more great years that everyone is suggesting , he still wouldnt be a HOF WR. Listen hes a very good player , but made absolutely no impact at all in Mia. Came to a team that has a top 5-10 o-line , top 5 QB ALL TIME , top 3 WR all time in Moss and plays for one of the brightest , innovative coachs ever. Since we have him Ill use The SPRFRK for example. Randy has played for so really bad teams in Minne and Oak , but performed well everywhere. In the seven years he was in Minne he had over 9000 yards , 90 Tds and over 530 recs. In Oak your talking about some of the worst teams of all time. In the two years he was there whoever was playing QB was sacked almost 120 f'in times. He still put decent numbers w/ 1600 , 11 , 100 recs. And as for Bryant Id rather have 6-7 other WRs then this guy. Hes very inconsistant coming out of his breaks , drops far to many easy balls and hasnt played enough ball between the numbers for me. Theres been more bust at WR than maybe any position and for good reason. The comp. , systems and coverages to name a few all work against becoming a great WR.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahamiandread. Show bahamiandread's posts

I just think there's more we can do, espeically on D, at #22, and wait for a WR in round #2. I love Golden Tate, and think Billy B will, too. But seriously, with four picks in the first two rounds and a very deep draft, I wouldnt be shocked to see the Pats trade out of the first round altogether.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to 4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez:
    Assuming Dez can also have a HoF career to join Moss, Holt and Welker. 
    Posted by murghkhor

Maybe if you are talking about the Patriots HOF?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

In Response to Re: 4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez:
    In Response to 4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez : Maybe if you are talking about the Patriots HOF?
    Posted by m1021us

I think we have a possible idiot alert here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: 4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez : I think we have a possible idiot alert here.
    Posted by underdogggg

Wow, you would call yourself an idiot?  I wouldn't go that far......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This is what Candy would calll "putting the cart before the wh*res."

editor's note: apparently you can't say "w hores."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

And ONE more TIME , WW is not even close to being a HOF. Ill go as far to say even if he did have 5-6 more great years that everyone is suggesting , he still wouldnt be a HOF WR. Listen hes a very good player , but made absolutely no impact at all in Mia. Came to a team that has a top 5-10 o-line , top 5 QB ALL TIME , top 3 WR all time in Moss and plays for one of the brightest , innovative coachs ever. Since we have him Ill use The SPRFRK for example. Randy has played for so really bad teams in Minne and Oak , but performed well everywhere. In the seven years he was in Minne he had over 9000 yards , 90 Tds and over 530 recs. In Oak your talking about some of the worst teams of all time. In the two years he was there whoever was playing QB was sacked almost 120 f'in times. He still put decent numbers w/ 1600 , 11 , 100 recs. And as for Bryant Id rather have 6-7 other WRs then this guy. Hes very inconsistant coming out of his breaks , drops far to many easy balls and hasnt played enough ball between the numbers for me. Theres been more bust at WR than maybe any position and for good reason. The comp. , systems and coverages to name a few all work against becoming a great WR.
    Posted by ONE-TIME

If Welker had 5-6 more great years, he would be in the top 5 in NFL history in receptions, and would be an absolute lock for the Hall of Fame.  I agree that he's not close to there now, but if he approaches 1000 career receptions there is a 0% chance he won't be in the Hall of Fame. Especially considering he already has 3 seasons which rank near the top individually, and last year averaged the most receptions per game in NFL history. He didn't produce in Miami because he wasn't given a chance until the last year (during which he did produce with horrible quarterbacks).  And nobody said you have to be great the first 3 years of your career to make the Hall of Fame.  Obviously this discussion is years from being meaningful but if Welker recovers and approaches the top 10 in career receptions there will be a place in Canton waiting for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: 4 HoF WR in same team - if we draft Dez : I think we have a possible idiot alert here.
    Posted by underdogggg

I've been saying that for sometime now!