40 time and draft!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

40 time and draft!!!!

The 40 is overated everyone judges the combine by the forty... Wes Welker is one of the quickest players and lateral players in the nfl but he is not speedy. after making a ridiculous move he is always caught from behind be DBs. Welker is considered a game changer. Gilyard lit up the senior bowl and has been doing so all year with pike and their backup. He will def. be a playmaker in the nfl especially in N.E. because teas would stil focus on moss and when healthy welker so as long as he can catch and get seperation he can make plays!!! Ill take him all day with one of our 3 seconds.

Im also hoping we trade one for boldin. I love golden tate as well!!! as for receiver.

CJ Spiller i would love to trade up for this guy i also wouldnt mind graham,kindle at 22 if we dont trade down. and Selvie as one of our seconds . I go to USF and have seen him for four seasons and he is nasty, got doubled teamed every game and thats another reason why pierre-paul got to shine!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: 40 time and draft!!!!

It is overated but it is still a necessary evil, 40 combined with tape, shuffle time cones ect is all a coach has to make a decision whether or not to draft a guy.

Why was Moss with all his legal problems, had scouts talking prior to the draft?  He ran a 4.26 40.  There are a number of 6'5" receivers but not many that run with that speed.  For a WR that will make his money beating people deep the 40 time is used to look as his straight line speed.
    You also have to look at tape, game speed for some players is no where close to how they run in shorts and shirt.  Look at the best 40 I ever saw run, Rich Isen (last name butchered) of NFL, he runs a mean 40! lol

To the draft-ccu check a kid by the name of Riley Cooper, he's projected as a 4th rounder.  He could be a solid #2, I would also like to grab a smaller receiver to complement but I don't think we should get a WR in the first two rounds.  There we need OLB DE DE or OT/OG and maybe a RB Matthews

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What's the old adage, you can't teach height or speed?  Moss is indeed a very unique package.

Gilyard would make a great slot receiver.  Hopefully, he'll get the chance.

Kindle is a tease.  Beware!  Graham would be the way to go but as I have stated in other posts I think the Pats go with Odrick.  A Pat prototype for DE. 

Yeah, Boldin is a stud but he wouldn't fit here.  He's after the big bucks so that automatically keeps him off the roster.  We have Tate coming back and believe we'll go the FA route to get WRs in here.  Let's stay away from any Galloway and Lewis debacles, shall we.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Only problem with Boldin is how much injury prone he's been over the last few years.  He's going to comand big $$s, I prefer to spend those on Vincent Jackson or Floyd both from the Chargers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I agree that speed is overrated, so is size with respect to WR's.  People think Moss is so good because he is fast, or because he is tall, none of that would matter if he didn't have great hands.  There are plenty of fast guys (heyward bey) and big guys (Braylon Edwards) out there at WR.  If I could only have one thing in a WR it would be great hands, everything else is a bonus.  I've watched too many passes bounce of the hands of Aiken, Galloway and Slater this year.  I'd like to see a player like Ward or Boldin who is versatile and tough and rarely drops a pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

First off Wes Welker is/was never a game changer LOL. Sorry if Im being a richard but you must be young. Moss is a game changer, D-Jackson is a game changer, Chris Johnson is a game changer...common theme, they all put up 6. Wes catches tons of balls, but never gets into the end zone and teams are all to happy giving him underneath all day. Second, yes the forty is a lil' overrated, but it is useful to an extent, just like the shuttle drill. I hear alot of people jumping on that, thinking thats the true measure of a good rec or DB. Both are useful to an extent and give you a lil' insight on the type of athlete you have. IMHO game tape, game speed, game decsion making etc is the ultimate factor in determining whether or not to take a player. Guys like Moss, Jackson, Johnson all have great forty times, but are as fast and bring that speed to the actual game. You want to see game speed, look at Moss' 90yd TD catch/run at Marshell, or his time with the Vikes and eevn during the 07' season. Couple of plays that come to mind is the one versus Tenn, he took a bubble screen 50 yards to the house. Same thing versus NO, I think it might have been a short slant(could have been a bubble or quick out) he took 50 yards for a TD. Then there are two versus Dallas, one a quick out for 50, he stuttered in mid-stride and blew past two defenders for a TD. The other was a 5-60 yard TD bomb where he made toe-tap catch right on the line in the end zone. Amazing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Moss was a freak, an anomoly if you will. A sub 4.30 time and the ability to run tight routes and being 6'5 does not happen very often. I don't give much credence to forty times, especially if the player can't run great routes and catches the ball like he has ten index fingers. Also, remember the time Neon Deion ran a sub 4.25....for a DB that was evidently legit. Again a freak, more the exception than the norm.